Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Questions for people in dead fandoms!
1 2
This is just a fun little post I decided to make for people like me who are in fandoms that have basically died or are incredibly unpopular. My qualifications for a dead fandom is:

- Must have less than 100 members posting/creating for said work.
- Must have had a fanbase of over 100 active people interacting/viewing the work at some point.
- Cannot be under 2 years of age.

Unpopular fandoms only need to have less than 10k views on the most popular piece. Anyways, onto the questions.

1. When did you get into the community?
2. When did said community become unpopular/dead? Did the fandom fall quickly? Or did it fade out over the years? Was it even popular?
3. Did the creator make a remake of said work the fandom surrounds?
4. If applicable, is the remake more popular than the original work?
5. Does your community have any main agreements? If so, what?
6. Does the community have a split opinion on any large things? If so, what?
7. Go onto the Google ngram viewer and look up a term relevant to the fandom. Does it have any uses before the original work was released?
8. Is there any lost media surrounding the work?
9. Do you have anything (made or bought) related to the work?
10. Does the fandom have any ships? If so, who is involved?
11. What is the fandom in question?

Hope yall have fun with this one.
This is just a fun little post I decided to make for people like me who are in fandoms that have basically died or are incredibly unpopular. My qualifications for a dead fandom is:

- Must have less than 100 members posting/creating for said work.
- Must have had a fanbase of over 100 active people interacting/viewing the work at some point.
- Cannot be under 2 years of age.

Unpopular fandoms only need to have less than 10k views on the most popular piece. Anyways, onto the questions.

2. When did said community become unpopular/dead? Did the fandom fall quickly? Or did it fade out over the years? Was it even popular?
7. Go onto the Google ngram viewer and look up a term relevant to the fandom. Does it have any uses before the original work was released?

Hope yall have fun with this one.
2afaf5c7a881f3ab7789c19cb50b27258701a37b.gifRisk - It/They - Please Ping2afaf5c7a881f3ab7789c19cb50b27258701a37b.gif

Hi welcome to chillis

1. 3-4 years ago
2. I joined when it was already dead, so I don't know.
3. No, but I think the original work doesn't need remaking.
4. N/A
5. Garam is the best!
6. Yes, a character at the end gets a redemption arc, its split on whether she deserves it or not.
7. There's no real special terms sadly.
8. Nope.
9. I WISH. There was some paperback copies made but none of them were translated to english.
10. The main characters since they are canonically together.
11. The Lady and her Butler Manwha

1. 3-4 years ago
2. I joined when it was already dead, so I don't know.
3. No, but I think the original work doesn't need remaking.
4. N/A
5. Garam is the best!
6. Yes, a character at the end gets a redemption arc, its split on whether she deserves it or not.
7. There's no real special terms sadly.
8. Nope.
9. I WISH. There was some paperback copies made but none of them were translated to english.
10. The main characters since they are canonically together.
11. The Lady and her Butler Manwha

hydrangea3.png o Skyllish
>Wishlist
>Art Diary
February 2019

If there was a fandom when it came out it was definitely more isolated. Believe earliest surgence on main websites for fandoms is around 2010-2011.

No

N/A

I've literally only talked to like 2 other people about the show.

No idea.

Nope

There's no English dub and for the most part never made it to the US in any official capacity.

Sadly not at the moment.

On Ao3 the biggest ship tag has 59 and two of the tags involve Transformers.

Brave Police J-Decker
February 2019

If there was a fandom when it came out it was definitely more isolated. Believe earliest surgence on main websites for fandoms is around 2010-2011.

No

N/A

I've literally only talked to like 2 other people about the show.

No idea.

Nope

There's no English dub and for the most part never made it to the US in any official capacity.

Sadly not at the moment.

On Ao3 the biggest ship tag has 59 and two of the tags involve Transformers.

Brave Police J-Decker

water.gif
XC93sMs.png
pLcovI9.png
92n1dwB.png
G1BsL0x.png
eswSnrS.png
SKeDIUd.png
Around ~2005

It was never popular. I don’t even recall ever talking to another fan of it tbh

There was an anime movie remake a few years ago that was supposed to relaunch the series

No. If anything it backfired and became even less popular than the original

That the main protagonist is an annoying brat (something I personally don’t agree with) and that the whole cast is really gay (/positive)

Not that I’m aware of

N/A

For some reason a few volumes of the sequel manga got an English translation but not the original manga that the anime was based on

I used to have some manga and DVDs of the series

Hijikata/Okita is the main one

Peacemaker Kurogane
Around ~2005

It was never popular. I don’t even recall ever talking to another fan of it tbh

There was an anime movie remake a few years ago that was supposed to relaunch the series

No. If anything it backfired and became even less popular than the original

That the main protagonist is an annoying brat (something I personally don’t agree with) and that the whole cast is really gay (/positive)

Not that I’m aware of

N/A

For some reason a few volumes of the sequel manga got an English translation but not the original manga that the anime was based on

I used to have some manga and DVDs of the series

Hijikata/Okita is the main one

Peacemaker Kurogane
6nI5sr3.png UPbvkZE.png

About 7/8 years ago, I think?

I honestly couldn't tell you, it was dead when I joined. I believe it WAS decently popular when it initially came out, but not a huge fandom.

No but they did do a "sequel" which was...not well received.

Definitely not, lmao. The few people I've met who are in the fandom either didn't know a sequel existed or outright hated it.

The villains are cooler than the heroes and honestly kinda underutilized. Heck, the second-in-command, who is a pretty important character throughout, doesn't even get a backstory. We know literally NOTHING about him apart from what we see in the manga.

The anime was REALLY divisive, namely the extra content and the changed ending. Honestly, I liked it more than the manga.

Uhhh....one of the main villains has the same name as a certain extremely bad animal rights organisation. You know who I'm talking about.

The anime English dub was never finished and dvds of what WAS done are difficult to come by. Honestly, the anime in general is difficult to get. It also had a few DS games that were never translated and are basically non-existing outside of emulation.

Yep! Some of the manga, all available English DVDS and a necklace of the villains' logo.

Several. Biggest two are the bubbly main hero x angsty ally or head villain x his second in command.

MÄR

About 7/8 years ago, I think?

I honestly couldn't tell you, it was dead when I joined. I believe it WAS decently popular when it initially came out, but not a huge fandom.

No but they did do a "sequel" which was...not well received.

Definitely not, lmao. The few people I've met who are in the fandom either didn't know a sequel existed or outright hated it.

The villains are cooler than the heroes and honestly kinda underutilized. Heck, the second-in-command, who is a pretty important character throughout, doesn't even get a backstory. We know literally NOTHING about him apart from what we see in the manga.

The anime was REALLY divisive, namely the extra content and the changed ending. Honestly, I liked it more than the manga.

Uhhh....one of the main villains has the same name as a certain extremely bad animal rights organisation. You know who I'm talking about.

The anime English dub was never finished and dvds of what WAS done are difficult to come by. Honestly, the anime in general is difficult to get. It also had a few DS games that were never translated and are basically non-existing outside of emulation.

Yep! Some of the manga, all available English DVDS and a necklace of the villains' logo.

Several. Biggest two are the bubbly main hero x angsty ally or head villain x his second in command.

MÄR
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
i'm not in any dead fandoms but i will be checking this post every now and then to look for some interesting fandoms to possibly join >:)
i'm not in any dead fandoms but i will be checking this post every now and then to look for some interesting fandoms to possibly join >:)
Timezone: fr + 17
Im not the most active in the fandom but this seems fun so I'm giving it a go. maybe later I'll elaborate a bit more on some answers I don't rememebr very well (seems also a good excuse to check how my fellow fans are doing)
also Im not completely sure how popular the fandom is right now, but on ao3 there's exactly 10 works for it, one being my own, other abandoned and the remaining 8 being written by the same guy so I think it's not a bad guess that the fandom isn't any more popular than how it was when I was more active lol

around 2014

I think it wasn't that popular to begin with, but with rpgmaker games in general becoming less popular then with the years it's has become more obscure.

yeah

yeah

I'm not sure now, but at least in the group where I was more active it was 'yuuichi deserved better' I guess I would have to check

dunno

yeah, but it's not like it is a term exclusive to the game

not sure if there's more, but the original game was lost for a time. thankfully now it's found!

no

yeah! these are of the main characters, and the most popular one is the main character x the antagonist

RE:kinder

Im not the most active in the fandom but this seems fun so I'm giving it a go. maybe later I'll elaborate a bit more on some answers I don't rememebr very well (seems also a good excuse to check how my fellow fans are doing)
also Im not completely sure how popular the fandom is right now, but on ao3 there's exactly 10 works for it, one being my own, other abandoned and the remaining 8 being written by the same guy so I think it's not a bad guess that the fandom isn't any more popular than how it was when I was more active lol

around 2014

I think it wasn't that popular to begin with, but with rpgmaker games in general becoming less popular then with the years it's has become more obscure.

yeah

yeah

I'm not sure now, but at least in the group where I was more active it was 'yuuichi deserved better' I guess I would have to check

dunno

yeah, but it's not like it is a term exclusive to the game

not sure if there's more, but the original game was lost for a time. thankfully now it's found!

no

yeah! these are of the main characters, and the most popular one is the main character x the antagonist

RE:kinder

ArgR83c.png
1. When did you get into the community? Uhhh I think it was around 2 years ago or so? Although i first played the game years prior 2. When did said community become unpopular/dead? Did the fandom fall quickly? Or did it fade out over the years? Was it even popular? It was NOT popular ever and there isnt even a single full playthrough on youtube. I dont think i have ever seen a single fanart. maybe like 2 i dont remember EDIT yeah I could only find 2 fanarts on instagram and ONE OF THEM WAS ONE OF MY OLD WORKS [emoji=skull size=1] 3. Did the creator make a remake of said work the fandom surrounds? Nuh uh, i dont think they even talk about it 5. Does your community have any main agreements? If so, what? I dont think theres any community at this point [emoji=skull size=1] 6. Does the community have a split opinion on any large things? If so, what? No community... 8. Is there any lost media surrounding the work? I feel like the lost media could be considered the first 2 games that later became unavailable, but then their contents were released together in one game with more stuff 9. Do you have anything (made or bought) related to the work? Nuh uh 10. Does the fandom have any ships? If so, who is involved? I really dont know if there were any ships at the time... i dont think the fandom even has a subreddit 11. What is the fandom in question? squids odyssey [emoji=skull size=1]
Uhhh I think it was around 2 years ago or so? Although i first played the game years prior

It was NOT popular ever and there isnt even a single full playthrough on youtube. I dont think i have ever seen a single fanart. maybe like 2 i dont remember
EDIT yeah I could only find 2 fanarts on instagram and ONE OF THEM WAS ONE OF MY OLD WORKS

Nuh uh, i dont think they even talk about it

I dont think theres any community at this point

No community...

I feel like the lost media could be considered the first 2 games that later became unavailable, but then their contents were released together in one game with more stuff

Nuh uh

I really dont know if there were any ships at the time... i dont think the fandom even has a subreddit

squids odyssey
1vAtYxM.png
ePOliyb.png
HdmxfuE.png
tyEuRXe.png
Tl1dGxE.png
IMG_6995.png 4ogWlJU.png
o4KdtaP.png
oClJnAg.png
1. When did you get into the community? Just a few months ago.

2. When did said community become unpopular/dead? Did the fandom fall quickly? Or did it fade out over the years? Was it even popular? Before I was even sentient, LMAO. The fifth game (the one no one liked) came out in 2003, when I was literally just a baby, and the only game that came out since was a crappy mobile-only sequel that got like zero fanfare, and rereleases of the first two games on Switch Online.

3. Did the creator make a remake of said work the fandom surrounds? Nope. Franchise is dead for good.

5. Does your community have any main agreements? If so, what? As far as I know, the remaining community is just me and a couple of guys in their thirties. And we all agree that Rei is awesome.

6. Does the community have a split opinion on any large things? If so, what? I think if the second game is good or not. It's very grindy, but it's worthwhile for Best Waifu.

8. Is there any lost media surrounding the work? Not that I'm aware. But one of the characters was slated for Marvel Vs. Capcom. Unfortunately, she didn't make it. Which sucks, because she would have kicked *** in there.

9. Do you have anything (made or bought) related to the work? No, but one day I stg I will get my grubby mitts on the Fangamer plushies.

10. Does the fandom have any ships? If so, who is involved? Mainly the main character and his monster people harem.

11. What is the fandom in question? Breath of Fire
1. When did you get into the community? Just a few months ago.

2. When did said community become unpopular/dead? Did the fandom fall quickly? Or did it fade out over the years? Was it even popular? Before I was even sentient, LMAO. The fifth game (the one no one liked) came out in 2003, when I was literally just a baby, and the only game that came out since was a crappy mobile-only sequel that got like zero fanfare, and rereleases of the first two games on Switch Online.

3. Did the creator make a remake of said work the fandom surrounds? Nope. Franchise is dead for good.

5. Does your community have any main agreements? If so, what? As far as I know, the remaining community is just me and a couple of guys in their thirties. And we all agree that Rei is awesome.

6. Does the community have a split opinion on any large things? If so, what? I think if the second game is good or not. It's very grindy, but it's worthwhile for Best Waifu.

8. Is there any lost media surrounding the work? Not that I'm aware. But one of the characters was slated for Marvel Vs. Capcom. Unfortunately, she didn't make it. Which sucks, because she would have kicked *** in there.

9. Do you have anything (made or bought) related to the work? No, but one day I stg I will get my grubby mitts on the Fangamer plushies.

10. Does the fandom have any ships? If so, who is involved? Mainly the main character and his monster people harem.

11. What is the fandom in question? Breath of Fire
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
[quote name="LoversMasque" date="2023-12-16 15:35:00" ] The fifth game (the one no one liked) came out in 2003 [/quote] I'm pretty sure me and my friend are the only 2 people in the world that like 5
LoversMasque wrote on 2023-12-16 15:35:00:
The fifth game (the one no one liked) came out in 2003

I'm pretty sure me and my friend are the only 2 people in the world that like 5

I'll make a nice signature eventually :(
1 2