Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Your lair size
1 2 3 4 5 6
More space always because more room for fodder!

As for permanents, I've just passed my honeymoon phase of buy every pretty dragon I see and am in the pruning phase, focusing more on g1 pairs and special color pairs.

My chosen number is "Whatever can be comfortably fed from one day of gathering". That way Coli grinding/Soylent brewing are options, not necessities.
More space always because more room for fodder!

As for permanents, I've just passed my honeymoon phase of buy every pretty dragon I see and am in the pruning phase, focusing more on g1 pairs and special color pairs.

My chosen number is "Whatever can be comfortably fed from one day of gathering". That way Coli grinding/Soylent brewing are options, not necessities.
My ideal lair is a seperate tab for every species, with each tab having a whole pile of dragons in it. :P

I used to only have a few special babies but I've been playing a long time so they accumulate. Some are definitely more special than others, they feel like little guys with personalities to me and I love them very much- but others I have just because they look cool. I only sell my dragons a few times a year and if I have any dragons left for sale by my birthday I give them away to get rid of the clutter since I'm running out of space.

I understand that my lair looks quite cluttered to some who prefer smaller lairs, but I do meticulously organize it to make up for that and so far it works. Every breed has their own lore and sometimes that lore splits by the row. So the tab will have lore and then each row of 5 dragons will have their own role or subspecies or something. For example, all the wildclaws on the second row of my first page are demi-gods and have intricate lore about that role with each having an individual story about their powers.

One thing I can't stand though is pages. Instead of creating another page I'll just make a new tab. They are just so messy to me and it makes me sad hiding one page of dragons behind another when both deserve to be seen.

My ideal lair is a seperate tab for every species, with each tab having a whole pile of dragons in it. :P

I used to only have a few special babies but I've been playing a long time so they accumulate. Some are definitely more special than others, they feel like little guys with personalities to me and I love them very much- but others I have just because they look cool. I only sell my dragons a few times a year and if I have any dragons left for sale by my birthday I give them away to get rid of the clutter since I'm running out of space.

I understand that my lair looks quite cluttered to some who prefer smaller lairs, but I do meticulously organize it to make up for that and so far it works. Every breed has their own lore and sometimes that lore splits by the row. So the tab will have lore and then each row of 5 dragons will have their own role or subspecies or something. For example, all the wildclaws on the second row of my first page are demi-gods and have intricate lore about that role with each having an individual story about their powers.

One thing I can't stand though is pages. Instead of creating another page I'll just make a new tab. They are just so messy to me and it makes me sad hiding one page of dragons behind another when both deserve to be seen.

Heart.gif
I have about 250 permas, I think that one day I'd like to get up to about 500 so that I'll have about 100 spaces for fodder once I get all my spaces haha ^^ We'll see though, I get tired of some dragons and end up getting rid of them in batches, so who knows if I'll ever actually have that many I want to keep.
I have about 250 permas, I think that one day I'd like to get up to about 500 so that I'll have about 100 spaces for fodder once I get all my spaces haha ^^ We'll see though, I get tired of some dragons and end up getting rid of them in batches, so who knows if I'll ever actually have that many I want to keep.
__________________69065274.png FObX7rS.png
z3FSuck.png
rix3ppo.png
co3WWXY.png
lAvpyOQ.png
69065273.png
I have roughly 150 permadragons, about 50 of which are projects in progress. The number makes me a little nervous. When I hit 200 I'm gonna have to finish expanding my lair all the way so I'll still have plenty of dom fodder and boarding space. Might do some light pruning too. Not a lot. My permas tend to stay with me for at least a few years.

It's gonna take a long time to get there though. I'm picky and rarely do impulse buying. Most of my new acquisitions these days are self hatches that don't suck or breeding projects for specific designs.
I have roughly 150 permadragons, about 50 of which are projects in progress. The number makes me a little nervous. When I hit 200 I'm gonna have to finish expanding my lair all the way so I'll still have plenty of dom fodder and boarding space. Might do some light pruning too. Not a lot. My permas tend to stay with me for at least a few years.

It's gonna take a long time to get there though. I'm picky and rarely do impulse buying. Most of my new acquisitions these days are self hatches that don't suck or breeding projects for specific designs.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
Ive just come to realize that most players arnt going to look at your lair or care for your lair anyhow, so I just collect what makes me happy and vibe. I like weird combos and colors anyhow, so my lair isn't most peoples cup of tea [emoji=gaoler tongue size=2]
Ive just come to realize that most players arnt going to look at your lair or care for your lair anyhow, so I just collect what makes me happy and vibe. I like weird combos and colors anyhow, so my lair isn't most peoples cup of tea
Just as a helpful hint when pinging me, there is no extra I in my name ^^
fjv5Fbi.gifWHUTaoR.gif
My ideal lair size is however big enough to hold all of them. lol
My ideal lair size is however big enough to hold all of them. lol
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
I desperately need the lair size cap to increase because 220 is not at all sufficient (and I don't like keeping my permas in my hibden, so expansions there don't help except for project and fodder storage). I need enough space for a healthy variety of permas (especially with new species coming out so often), while also having plenty of room for fodder training and selling hatchlings. 250 would be a number I'd be happy with as a cap for the main lair for now, but I'm sure as breeds continue to release, I'd run up against that increase too.

My rules for layout are to have no more than 20 dragons per tab in my main lair, so that they can all be seen on a single screen without any scrolling. Each tab has its own location and vibe. Having multiple pages within a single tab is where I feel dragons get lost/hidden.
I desperately need the lair size cap to increase because 220 is not at all sufficient (and I don't like keeping my permas in my hibden, so expansions there don't help except for project and fodder storage). I need enough space for a healthy variety of permas (especially with new species coming out so often), while also having plenty of room for fodder training and selling hatchlings. 250 would be a number I'd be happy with as a cap for the main lair for now, but I'm sure as breeds continue to release, I'd run up against that increase too.

My rules for layout are to have no more than 20 dragons per tab in my main lair, so that they can all be seen on a single screen without any scrolling. Each tab has its own location and vibe. Having multiple pages within a single tab is where I feel dragons get lost/hidden.
Divider by dreamingcity _Pixel of Cathartes by Quintillion_ ____
Divider by dreamingcity
_
vortexbreakdown
Lightning Dom Lead
FR+2 | she/her
wishlist | lore | avatar

______Trinket bottle by Amariel
I need to max my space out as ASAP as possible, since i have a really expansive bottleneck breeding challenge going on and basically mass buy any green or crystal/facet dragons i can get my hands on. I don’t do any lore things, just breeding for triple greens, and have a pretty meticulous sorting system. The vast majority of them are getting exalted anyways!
I need to max my space out as ASAP as possible, since i have a really expansive bottleneck breeding challenge going on and basically mass buy any green or crystal/facet dragons i can get my hands on. I don’t do any lore things, just breeding for triple greens, and have a pretty meticulous sorting system. The vast majority of them are getting exalted anyways!
Emerald • she/her • FR+2 • breeding challengebuying green dragons
23518.png12944.png13405.png1015.png12196.png
i have 65 permas that are mostly finished and 25 permas that are currently projects. i don't think i have much issues on space since my lair and hib den will be fully expanded soon.

i'd love to get more dragons to fill out my main lair tab, but my main focus is on my rainbow dragons and permababies. i enjoy seeing all of my dragons on one page!

i do enjoy lairs that sort their tabs by breed, i fear i don't own enough dragons to be able to do it though.
i have 65 permas that are mostly finished and 25 permas that are currently projects. i don't think i have much issues on space since my lair and hib den will be fully expanded soon.

i'd love to get more dragons to fill out my main lair tab, but my main focus is on my rainbow dragons and permababies. i enjoy seeing all of my dragons on one page!

i do enjoy lairs that sort their tabs by breed, i fear i don't own enough dragons to be able to do it though.
2p0D5o7.pngtAEfwJ1.png
My ideal lair size is like infinite because there's another petsite I play and I kid you not, I have over two thousand pets on there. If FR let me expand indefinitely, I would have so many dragons, okay. Please give me all the pretty pixel dragons.

As it is though, since lairspace is so valuable, I have to be cautious with my usage of it, and it's sort of a point of stress for me, so admittedly this is like... my one complaint about the site. ;o; I wish there was more lairspace, because I have so many planned on my little spreadsheet and I am 100% not gonna have room for all of them. :(
My ideal lair size is like infinite because there's another petsite I play and I kid you not, I have over two thousand pets on there. If FR let me expand indefinitely, I would have so many dragons, okay. Please give me all the pretty pixel dragons.

As it is though, since lairspace is so valuable, I have to be cautious with my usage of it, and it's sort of a point of stress for me, so admittedly this is like... my one complaint about the site. ;o; I wish there was more lairspace, because I have so many planned on my little spreadsheet and I am 100% not gonna have room for all of them. :(
2022_fr-signature.png
VAIXATION
(vikes-ZAY-shun)
THEY/THEM/THEIRS
2022_fr-signature-margin.png
2022_fr-profile-divider-4.png
ABOUT || ART || ACCENTS
2022_fr-profile-divider-1.png
2022_fr-signature-2.png
1 2 3 4 5 6