Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | no frigidfin fams dropping in coli
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
I fully leveled a dragon from 1 to 25 in Golem Workshop. No Narwins.
I fully leveled a dragon from 1 to 25 in Golem Workshop. No Narwins.
♥loveyourself♥
1t4XtaG.png
cRHDWyx.png
EIm5dF9.png
tumblr_inline_p81uu9TKgf1tsrqpm_75sq.gif
ll0CfnD.png
Nf8E9Zp.png
QOzSXsE.png
2ou3Y3v.png
♥lovenature♥
Normally when people talk about low drop rates (or drop rate changes in either direction, frankly), I assume it's just the vicissitudes of RNG and stuff, but... whew.

This is really different from past years, and it's definitely... well, different-feeling is the most neutral way to put it. I've gotten 2 narwins this whole event and not a single beaver, which... well, fortunately I wasn't specifically looking for beavers except as baldwin fodder, but it feels extra-odd since it means this presumably isn't a special thing with just the narwin intended to be rare. Having those whales at 50g on the AH seems just so strange, comparatively!!
Normally when people talk about low drop rates (or drop rate changes in either direction, frankly), I assume it's just the vicissitudes of RNG and stuff, but... whew.

This is really different from past years, and it's definitely... well, different-feeling is the most neutral way to put it. I've gotten 2 narwins this whole event and not a single beaver, which... well, fortunately I wasn't specifically looking for beavers except as baldwin fodder, but it feels extra-odd since it means this presumably isn't a special thing with just the narwin intended to be rare. Having those whales at 50g on the AH seems just so strange, comparatively!!
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
Thinking about it it is a bit strange, I've leveled a lot of fodder the past week and I think I only got one beaver. I have exactly one Narwin and I got that one from gathering. On one hand it could be bad RNG and I don't have data on how long exactly I've been on Coli, but this is very little compared to how many familiars I got on similar events this year and if so many people are complaining about it maybe there is something to this
Thinking about it it is a bit strange, I've leveled a lot of fodder the past week and I think I only got one beaver. I have exactly one Narwin and I got that one from gathering. On one hand it could be bad RNG and I don't have data on how long exactly I've been on Coli, but this is very little compared to how many familiars I got on similar events this year and if so many people are complaining about it maybe there is something to this
MUYNhfy.png
Tl1dGxE.png
Al1BEGR.png
zvtelu6.png
I've spent a pretty long time in the coliseum, so don't think I got all these in just a few hours or something, but over the course of the event I've gotten:

15 Chillriver Bucktooths
20 Fenfisher Flattails
20 Narwin Harvesters
12 Narwin Fishers

I don't have any previous year experience to go off of to determine whether this amount is low or average for the amount of time I've spent in the coliseum, but at the very least I can say that with a bit of dedicated effort/time everyone should be able to get 1 of each familiar.
I've spent a pretty long time in the coliseum, so don't think I got all these in just a few hours or something, but over the course of the event I've gotten:

15 Chillriver Bucktooths
20 Fenfisher Flattails
20 Narwin Harvesters
12 Narwin Fishers

I don't have any previous year experience to go off of to determine whether this amount is low or average for the amount of time I've spent in the coliseum, but at the very least I can say that with a bit of dedicated effort/time everyone should be able to get 1 of each familiar.
hmmm, they're a very rare drop...
hmmm, they're a very rare drop...
Note: I've gotten 3 bosses to drop and only have one narwin
Note: I've gotten 3 bosses to drop and only have one narwin
In the 9 years I've been here I've never NOT had an event familiar drop. This was bad. Guess I'll make someone happy in the auction house.
In the 9 years I've been here I've never NOT had an event familiar drop. This was bad. Guess I'll make someone happy in the auction house.
ZVpCPil.png
I had some good luck in gathering, which gave me 5 Narwins, but haven't had a single fest familiar drop from the coli
I had some good luck in gathering, which gave me 5 Narwins, but haven't had a single fest familiar drop from the coli
staff could make it super common for last 3 minutes? I'm trying to get one for a friend
staff could make it super common for last 3 minutes? I'm trying to get one for a friend
[quote]If they were just open and honest about drop rates, both changes AND just in general, it'd solve so much confusion. There's not even an real reason as to why drop rates can't have a confirmed rate. Every other game I play that has a grinding element to it has confirmed drop rates. I just don't understand why FR can't do the same. [/quote] Yes, please. Transparency helps. Alternatively, lack of transparency is a great way to drive people away.
Quote:
If they were just open and honest about drop rates, both changes AND just in general, it'd solve so much confusion. There's not even an real reason as to why drop rates can't have a confirmed rate. Every other game I play that has a grinding element to it has confirmed drop rates. I just don't understand why FR can't do the same.
Yes, please.

Transparency helps. Alternatively, lack of transparency is a great way to drive people away.
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14