Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | How to avoid fr burnout
1 2
Hello everyone This thread is for people to put what they did to avoid fr burnout so that way new players who want to continue playing and not get burnt out can heck even if your an old player this thread can be useful
Hello everyone This thread is for people to put what they did to avoid fr burnout so that way new players who want to continue playing and not get burnt out can heck even if your an old player this thread can be useful
1 hour ahead of FR time Discord: KingJava1
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/3311590
join in the possible fun its a zombie apocalypse roleplay
Sometimes, I just limit what I do on my account. Saying "no" when you feel like you're "supposed to" do something (especially with the achievements/pursuits now in place) makes me feel more empowered and reminds me that this is supposed to be a fun game, not a to-do list.

It sounds simple, but it can be harder than one thinks.

Also, I try not to play on my days off of work, choosing instead to pursue other hobbies.
Sometimes, I just limit what I do on my account. Saying "no" when you feel like you're "supposed to" do something (especially with the achievements/pursuits now in place) makes me feel more empowered and reminds me that this is supposed to be a fun game, not a to-do list.

It sounds simple, but it can be harder than one thinks.

Also, I try not to play on my days off of work, choosing instead to pursue other hobbies.
cSckuMi.png BqIFphl.png
This hits close to home for me. Before the achievement system launched, I spent 15-20 minutes a day on this game. After, my time spent on site creeped up to 4 hours. I tried to take the month of November off and managed to spend fewer than 15 days without logging in at all.

I think @glathier's point lands about how it's supposed to be a fun game. I get in my head about hitting every pursuit, even ones that aren't appealling to me.

Sure, there's an achievement for playing fairgrounds games enough to accumulate an amount of in-game currency, but I don't really like the fairgrounds games. Why would I put accomplishing that task ahead of my enjoyment? It's a lot easier in theory than in practice.

I will be following this thread with interest.
This hits close to home for me. Before the achievement system launched, I spent 15-20 minutes a day on this game. After, my time spent on site creeped up to 4 hours. I tried to take the month of November off and managed to spend fewer than 15 days without logging in at all.

I think @glathier's point lands about how it's supposed to be a fun game. I get in my head about hitting every pursuit, even ones that aren't appealling to me.

Sure, there's an achievement for playing fairgrounds games enough to accumulate an amount of in-game currency, but I don't really like the fairgrounds games. Why would I put accomplishing that task ahead of my enjoyment? It's a lot easier in theory than in practice.

I will be following this thread with interest.
hM4SDHU.png
Tune in for videos about browser based pet games & more :)
As someone who has fallen in the AH rabbit hole, sometimes you just have to say no, not today, and leave the Profits and Expired listings in Recent History for several days. If you're not in a rush for any goals, it is logically better to just take it slow, and get things going during times where it would seem better to be active (like upcoming Night of the Nocturne, for example!) Totally agree with glarthir.

As for dealing with coli burnout back when I used to play in coliseum a lot, especially for boss familiars, I kept track of the number of enemies I've defeated. By keeping track, it gives a vague hope that eventually I'd get what I'm battling for, be it an egg or a boss familiar. (Or even for coli Scavhunt events!)
As someone who has fallen in the AH rabbit hole, sometimes you just have to say no, not today, and leave the Profits and Expired listings in Recent History for several days. If you're not in a rush for any goals, it is logically better to just take it slow, and get things going during times where it would seem better to be active (like upcoming Night of the Nocturne, for example!) Totally agree with glarthir.

As for dealing with coli burnout back when I used to play in coliseum a lot, especially for boss familiars, I kept track of the number of enemies I've defeated. By keeping track, it gives a vague hope that eventually I'd get what I'm battling for, be it an egg or a boss familiar. (Or even for coli Scavhunt events!)
OoOooOo! Spooky text~
I find my burnout always comes when I get hung up on trying to breed the maximally profitable dragons, especially when a new breed drops. I’ll get really fixated on finding the perfect combination of genes and colours for maximum AH profit even though the breeding cooldowns are long enough for me to utterly lose interest.

I’m always much happier when I’m just listing my dragons for fixed amounts that I don’t have to think about, working on my Lore, and focusing on the dragons I like for my own reasons.

I’m never going to have the time or desire to compete with those who have made profit their whole game plan. I can’t maintain that motivation. I need to focus on what makes the game fun for me and what I’ll want to keep coming back to.
I find my burnout always comes when I get hung up on trying to breed the maximally profitable dragons, especially when a new breed drops. I’ll get really fixated on finding the perfect combination of genes and colours for maximum AH profit even though the breeding cooldowns are long enough for me to utterly lose interest.

I’m always much happier when I’m just listing my dragons for fixed amounts that I don’t have to think about, working on my Lore, and focusing on the dragons I like for my own reasons.

I’m never going to have the time or desire to compete with those who have made profit their whole game plan. I can’t maintain that motivation. I need to focus on what makes the game fun for me and what I’ll want to keep coming back to.
[quote name="Sarasham" date="2023-12-09 08:56:30" ] I find my burnout always comes when I get hung up on trying to breed the maximally profitable dragons, especially when a new breed drops. I’ll get really fixated on finding the perfect combination of genes and colours for maximum AH profit even though the breeding cooldowns are long enough for me to utterly lose interest. [/quote] Adding on to this; Scrying in general can really burn you out if you put too much priority on it and don't do the things that are actually enjoyable. Don't rush to scry a whole ton of dragons at once, just take a look at some genes, gain treasure/gems at a pace that's comfortable for you, and take time to chill. Your priorities should be short-term goals, not long-term. Also, don't try and bond with all your familiars. if you have... 414. of them. that's a bad idea. don't be stupid like me lol
Sarasham wrote on 2023-12-09 08:56:30:

Adding on to this; Scrying in general can really burn you out if you put too much priority on it and don't do the things that are actually enjoyable. Don't rush to scry a whole ton of dragons at once, just take a look at some genes, gain treasure/gems at a pace that's comfortable for you, and take time to chill. Your priorities should be short-term goals, not long-term.

Also, don't try and bond with all your familiars. if you have... 414. of them. that's a bad idea. don't be stupid like me lol
Tommy | he/him, xe/xem
In need of Cottoncandy/Sapphire/Cyan dragons! See here for more information. Prismatic Token offered as a reward for anyone who can provide a dragon for the scry.
I have massive phases with this game. Started and played quite a lot for the first couple of years then forgot about it for a couple more years. Came back just after Veilspuns dropped and got obsessed and played aggressively for two years. Burnt myself out after 2022 NotN but forced myself to keep playing until I lost interest and logged in only for Fests to get the new stuff… until I couldn’t hold that either and I abandoned it for half a year. Then half a month ago I remembered it existed and went oh hey I should check up and found Auraboas dropped and we’re a month out from NotN and boom. Obsession has blown up in my face again and I’m living in the game.

Don’t play like me hahaha
I have massive phases with this game. Started and played quite a lot for the first couple of years then forgot about it for a couple more years. Came back just after Veilspuns dropped and got obsessed and played aggressively for two years. Burnt myself out after 2022 NotN but forced myself to keep playing until I lost interest and logged in only for Fests to get the new stuff… until I couldn’t hold that either and I abandoned it for half a year. Then half a month ago I remembered it existed and went oh hey I should check up and found Auraboas dropped and we’re a month out from NotN and boom. Obsession has blown up in my face again and I’m living in the game.

Don’t play like me hahaha
oy11GHf.png tumblr_inline_ny7iugii4Q1qmzhvw_540.png
Wishlist | Lore Shop
[quote name="i3utterflyEffect" date="2023-12-09 09:44:21" ] Also, don't try and bond with all your familiars. if you have... 414. of them. that's a bad idea. don't be stupid like me lol [/quote] This part will be important for me to remember[emoji=treefrog size=1]
i3utterflyEffect wrote on 2023-12-09 09:44:21:

Also, don't try and bond with all your familiars. if you have... 414. of them. that's a bad idea. don't be stupid like me lol

This part will be important for me to remember
LxbWmll.pngiUKOcdp.png
At the end of the day, it's just a game!
I started playing almost 10 years ago and I was super into it at first. Building several coli teams, coli grinding whenever I had a free minute, trying to bond with all my familiars (actually over time I've managed to almost accomplish it)...at one point I even had a goal of getting every. single. dragon. to level 25. WHY?? Idk.

Burnout happened tho. I got tired of feeling like I had to do everything every day -bond with every familiar, max out fairgrounds treasure, exalt X amount of dragons, etc... I stopped playing for a really long time, just occasionally coming back for NotN cuz I always liked it.

I started playing regularly again in 2020, and kept it up. I work 4 days a week, so I mostly play on my days off. I just do what I want -coliseum challenges to keep it fun, making sure to gather and do all the trading post actions, but I kinda rotate. I'll get really into breeding projects for a while, or earning treasure, or organizing my lair, and then move onto something else.
At the end of the day, it's just a game!
I started playing almost 10 years ago and I was super into it at first. Building several coli teams, coli grinding whenever I had a free minute, trying to bond with all my familiars (actually over time I've managed to almost accomplish it)...at one point I even had a goal of getting every. single. dragon. to level 25. WHY?? Idk.

Burnout happened tho. I got tired of feeling like I had to do everything every day -bond with every familiar, max out fairgrounds treasure, exalt X amount of dragons, etc... I stopped playing for a really long time, just occasionally coming back for NotN cuz I always liked it.

I started playing regularly again in 2020, and kept it up. I work 4 days a week, so I mostly play on my days off. I just do what I want -coliseum challenges to keep it fun, making sure to gather and do all the trading post actions, but I kinda rotate. I'll get really into breeding projects for a while, or earning treasure, or organizing my lair, and then move onto something else.
i've been burnt out for a year or two now (just popping in to see how things are going lolol)

kill your FOMO (fear of missing out). what i mean is- limited items, events, etc- don't let the pressure to attain those things get to you. if you're spending time feeling bad about "oh i need to get this before time runs out" then you should take a break.

(i'm being genuine here- that's how i was for a very very long time playing FR and i still love this place but FOMO really really got to me which is why i'm on an extended hiatus trying to make sure my FOMO is gone lmao)
i've been burnt out for a year or two now (just popping in to see how things are going lolol)

kill your FOMO (fear of missing out). what i mean is- limited items, events, etc- don't let the pressure to attain those things get to you. if you're spending time feeling bad about "oh i need to get this before time runs out" then you should take a break.

(i'm being genuine here- that's how i was for a very very long time playing FR and i still love this place but FOMO really really got to me which is why i'm on an extended hiatus trying to make sure my FOMO is gone lmao)
ctYHVNq.png

almost always looking for g1 banescales OwO

gened g1 banescale count: 117
(last updated 4/28/24 11:05pm est)
nt1bp.gif

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=drs&id=1315342
mxWs6gv.gif

3DBOIBO.gif

oie-v-C7-Pp-Yu-F6gz-H.png
1 2