Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [warn: snake pics] is that a HOGNOSE
1 2 3 4 5
DUDE I saw the familiar for this fest and I was so excited!! I love hognoses & I am SO happy that Earth got one!

Finally, a reason for me to grind fest currency. I need 100 of these immediately
DUDE I saw the familiar for this fest and I was so excited!! I love hognoses & I am SO happy that Earth got one!

Finally, a reason for me to grind fest currency. I need 100 of these immediately
xOuzD3k.png 90444046.png Bj9vK4V.gif
As a hognose owner this is all I ever wanted. I'm so happy :')
As a hognose owner this is all I ever wanted. I'm so happy :')
PSojku2.gifG9XvqXb.gifbWUZhOx.gif4IOVVSW.gifSGoOc5w.gif
i [emoji=familiar heart size=1] hognoses :) so glad my flight gets these goobers
i hognoses :) so glad my flight gets these goobers
Y0w97b1.png astronic-fr
» he/they
» g1 lair
» art shop
XufexgK.gif
[quote name="@Recallback" date="2023-11-26 19:09:16" ] It's somewhat implied Sornieth dragon's do breed familiars for appearances. [item=ruffled serpent] I'm sure there's other examples, but this is the first that came to mind and is a snake. [/quote] I always interpreted that tooltip as it was found in the wild, lol. Species hybridization DOES happen like that, though rare. You could have a point, however.
@Recallback wrote on 2023-11-26 19:09:16:
It's somewhat implied Sornieth dragon's do breed familiars for appearances.
Ruffled Serpent
I'm sure there's other examples, but this is the first that came to mind and is a snake.
I always interpreted that tooltip as it was found in the wild, lol. Species hybridization DOES happen like that, though rare. You could have a point, however.
I absolutely need to find/gene a dragon for this familiar asap, it is PERFECTION INCARNATE I was so excited when I saw!!

I miss owning a hognose, had to rehome mine before a move.

They are seriously the best. My guy was not at all friendly but still very fun to interact with, I tried not to stress him ofc but sometimes it is reallyyy funny when they're putting on the big tough guy act, bluff striking, puffing up and its like RELAX DUDE JUST LET ME CHANGE YOUR WATER
I absolutely need to find/gene a dragon for this familiar asap, it is PERFECTION INCARNATE I was so excited when I saw!!

I miss owning a hognose, had to rehome mine before a move.

They are seriously the best. My guy was not at all friendly but still very fun to interact with, I tried not to stress him ofc but sometimes it is reallyyy funny when they're putting on the big tough guy act, bluff striking, puffing up and its like RELAX DUDE JUST LET ME CHANGE YOUR WATER
Q0p4QGz.png
kCHWEjf.png
kHBaXec.png
qivITIX.png
tumblr_p1dtysGz331wvvm88o4_100.png 35766.png 25402.png 12194.png
It's so stinkin' cute! He burrowed his way straight into my heart. Best familiar.
It's so stinkin' cute! He burrowed his way straight into my heart. Best familiar.
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/SILLcxG.png[/img] [font=georgia] [i]Several[/i] years ago (I'd wager a decade at this point), I attended a week-long nature day camp in the hills of Southern California. We'd hike and talk about animals and stuff, but the real highlight of the experience was the creatures kept by the area's nature center. They had a baby western hognose snake named Porkchop and he was my everything. To this day I am absolutely enamored by hognose snakes, so when I saw the festival familiar I kinda went :D!!!
SILLcxG.png

Several years ago (I'd wager a decade at this point), I attended a week-long nature day camp in the hills of Southern California. We'd hike and talk about animals and stuff, but the real highlight of the experience was the creatures kept by the area's nature center. They had a baby western hognose snake named Porkchop and he was my everything. To this day I am absolutely enamored by hognose snakes, so when I saw the festival familiar I kinda went :D!!!
left-hori.pngright-hori.png
[quote name="bulrush" date="2023-11-26 08:34:56" ] it (wikipedia) says there's 3 different genera of hognoses, which species is closest to the familiar we have? [/quote] Partially unrelated: this is (or was because I did it the moment the familiar came out) the reason why I can adjust the actual species to be something more similar to the Malagasy hognose. You know, for lore and aesthetical purposes
bulrush wrote on 2023-11-26 08:34:56:
it (wikipedia) says there's 3 different genera of hognoses, which species is closest to the familiar we have?

Partially unrelated: this is (or was because I did it the moment the familiar came out) the reason why I can adjust the actual species to be something more similar to the Malagasy hognose. You know, for lore and aesthetical purposes
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Hognoses are one of my favorite species so I was very pleased to see it was the familiar for Rockbreaker's :) Hognoses are one of the snakes species I'd love to keep if I ever get a chance to get into keeping reptiles. Look at how striking the colors on the Eastern Hognose are! [img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a3/12/d8/a312d857fdc8b5aa72c6ad6bc88ea516.jpg[/img]
Hognoses are one of my favorite species so I was very pleased to see it was the familiar for Rockbreaker's :)

Hognoses are one of the snakes species I'd love to keep if I ever get a chance to get into keeping reptiles. Look at how striking the colors on the Eastern Hognose are!
a312d857fdc8b5aa72c6ad6bc88ea516.jpg
Elsie | She / they|
I have a wishlist / trading thread! x
7J1Hgbi.pngYya65zH.pngy6Tz96p.png
I have officially found my new favorite snake
I have officially found my new favorite snake
ca4nyRv.png vZmPWxA.png
dIMtL1H.png HJLIYn4.png
tumblr_inline_njw5imw9Dw1qg2i5p.gif
m5Wt3n0.pnglAR8cRt.png0ZSX2ZT.png2eU40bl.pngD3ADKVK.pngPsCGMAP.png
HsTPUMH.pngHsTPUMH.png
1 2 3 4 5