Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Ancient Breed Theorizing
1 2
So now that Auraboa got released, the only flights left are Earth Wind and Light for ancients right?

Im thinking the order that they might get released is Wind then Earth and then Light, because Earth recently got Obelisks, and that gives the mods time to figure out how they plan on doing an ancient when canonically Imperials are Light's first children.

In that case for Wind ancients, its possible since snakes and feathers are now being more associated with Nature, that we get other flying creatures as a basis! Like bats, and maybe dragonflies! Something that bends air currents to their will to be master fliers! We have a bit too many noodle dragons so maybe we just end up with a small dragon with massive wings and is super aerodynamic! Maybe with some avian features too like a beak and talons!

As for Earth, I think we might get dragons that don't have wings at all :0 more like drakes or lindwyrms, where they have a much stronger connection to the ground(than seemingly the sandsurges do???) Im thinking of that old beta? design for earthshaker too?

As for Light, maybe the ancients could be something that were deemed too powerful because they were made to be a counter measure against Emperors? And that's why they wouldn't show up until now? Because Luminax? But I have no idea for design, maybe butterfly or fairy like? If not something eldritch and angler fish like.
So now that Auraboa got released, the only flights left are Earth Wind and Light for ancients right?

Im thinking the order that they might get released is Wind then Earth and then Light, because Earth recently got Obelisks, and that gives the mods time to figure out how they plan on doing an ancient when canonically Imperials are Light's first children.

In that case for Wind ancients, its possible since snakes and feathers are now being more associated with Nature, that we get other flying creatures as a basis! Like bats, and maybe dragonflies! Something that bends air currents to their will to be master fliers! We have a bit too many noodle dragons so maybe we just end up with a small dragon with massive wings and is super aerodynamic! Maybe with some avian features too like a beak and talons!

As for Earth, I think we might get dragons that don't have wings at all :0 more like drakes or lindwyrms, where they have a much stronger connection to the ground(than seemingly the sandsurges do???) Im thinking of that old beta? design for earthshaker too?

As for Light, maybe the ancients could be something that were deemed too powerful because they were made to be a counter measure against Emperors? And that's why they wouldn't show up until now? Because Luminax? But I have no idea for design, maybe butterfly or fairy like? If not something eldritch and angler fish like.
Burning as bright as I can, careful to not burn myself out
I would really love another bird-like dragon :)
I would really love another bird-like dragon :)

I'll make a nice signature eventually :(
either a kite dragon or, dare i say, a corgi dragon.

Undel's dog is an ancient spoiler.
either a kite dragon or, dare i say, a corgi dragon.

Undel's dog is an ancient spoiler.
8GgdVkW.png
jv7C6g3.png
h5ct4ZF.png
E5fWRUt.png
XbjATWE.png
5hF3FGk.png
zjJ1agu.png pfsNEft.png
Purchase an Aztec inspired-boggy adopt! nYNcLTN.png
100% on board for corgi dragons for a wind ancient.
100% on board for corgi dragons for a wind ancient.
FeIiZnO.png
Imagine a corgi and each individual wing of like 8 wings, is the size of the corgi if not bigger
Imagine a corgi and each individual wing of like 8 wings, is the size of the corgi if not bigger
Burning as bright as I can, careful to not burn myself out
[center]I really like the idea of an Emperor hunter, or maybe they keep track of any Imps in their vicinity, making sure that if any die they're properly taken cared of. Or, if multiple die in one spot, they help with that mess. I also really like the idea that the Light ancient was just born out of pure magic. Not by Lightweaver herself (because I'm pretty sure staff has said that could happen.. An ancient being born by just magic. I don't remember where it was said before though), and that surge of magic was caused by Emperors themselves. That way they don't have to retcon Imps being Lightweavers first children. Design wise? [img]https://orig07.deviantart.net/7e0e/f/2008/052/c/9/the_light_weaver_by_neondragon.jpg[/img] I want proto-Lightweaver so bad Dx Or something similar
I really like the idea of an Emperor hunter, or maybe they keep track of any Imps in their vicinity, making sure that if any die they're properly taken cared of. Or, if multiple die in one spot, they help with that mess.

I also really like the idea that the Light ancient was just born out of pure magic. Not by Lightweaver herself (because I'm pretty sure staff has said that could happen.. An ancient being born by just magic. I don't remember where it was said before though), and that surge of magic was caused by Emperors themselves.

That way they don't have to retcon Imps being Lightweavers first children.
Design wise?
the_light_weaver_by_neondragon.jpg
I want proto-Lightweaver so bad Dx Or something similar
ooo IJkKw0f.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
25 LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
[quote name="Hashira" date="2023-11-23 12:22:25" ] Imagine a corgi and each individual wing of like 8 wings, is the size of the corgi if not bigger [/quote] Very adorable dragon.
Hashira wrote on 2023-11-23 12:22:25:

Very adorable dragon.
FeIiZnO.png
[quote name="Hashira" date="2023-11-23 12:22:25" ] Imagine a corgi and each individual wing of like 8 wings, is the size of the corgi if not bigger [/quote] Imagine this - a corgi-copter dragon.
Hashira wrote on 2023-11-23 12:22:25:

Imagine this - a corgi-copter dragon.
bgGXGPE.png
LGvol4P.png
G8AyR6r.png
AaYNmEX.png
SYiQlxK.png
ZcE4a9h.png

wip sig pls bear with i'm new to this stuff
I don't have any theories on breed but I kinda hope the breed release schedule goes with Light first and that their breed is possibly released around the anniversary. It does mean a very large gap of time with no new breeds but idk it Feels Right.
I don't have any theories on breed but I kinda hope the breed release schedule goes with Light first and that their breed is possibly released around the anniversary. It does mean a very large gap of time with no new breeds but idk it Feels Right.
Pressed Morning Glory Venex
they/them
_^___^
(=0ω0=)
23378621.png Pressed Moonflower
considering how requested a qilin/kirin breed is, I'm preeetty sure it'll come up. I PRAY it looks like inagami; scary but also silly fluffy boy. but yknow add hooves onto him. I was gonna say a qilin breed would probably be Light, but actually considering since I brought inagami up and he's a protector of bamboo...maybe a wind dragon? a wingless wind dragon would actually be a pretty cool concept, that's why they're Ancient I suppose. model's outdated. plus windsinger himself doesnt actually have wings

would really love a nice fat wind dragon though, or one that can like...expand their body like little dragon balloons. like eagle ray flat-ish but makes a balloon inflating noise and pshhoooom. an they can have like, seahorse tails to keep themselves anchored to bamboo or something?

actually this put me on a different mental track of wind ancient looking very fishy, like koi-ish or something. fits overall wind aesthetic, plus gives a "swims in the sky" kind of vibe. I read a short story where in a city, the water was just too filthy for any fish to live, so "of course" the fish lived in the sky--and for people to fish, they went to the top of a building, sat in a boat, and cast their lines Up into the air via little helium floats. anyway it would be supes cool to have an Ocean Sky Dragon
considering how requested a qilin/kirin breed is, I'm preeetty sure it'll come up. I PRAY it looks like inagami; scary but also silly fluffy boy. but yknow add hooves onto him. I was gonna say a qilin breed would probably be Light, but actually considering since I brought inagami up and he's a protector of bamboo...maybe a wind dragon? a wingless wind dragon would actually be a pretty cool concept, that's why they're Ancient I suppose. model's outdated. plus windsinger himself doesnt actually have wings

would really love a nice fat wind dragon though, or one that can like...expand their body like little dragon balloons. like eagle ray flat-ish but makes a balloon inflating noise and pshhoooom. an they can have like, seahorse tails to keep themselves anchored to bamboo or something?

actually this put me on a different mental track of wind ancient looking very fishy, like koi-ish or something. fits overall wind aesthetic, plus gives a "swims in the sky" kind of vibe. I read a short story where in a city, the water was just too filthy for any fish to live, so "of course" the fish lived in the sky--and for people to fish, they went to the top of a building, sat in a boat, and cast their lines Up into the air via little helium floats. anyway it would be supes cool to have an Ocean Sky Dragon
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
1 2