Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | What Remains: A Pinkerton Nuzlocke
1 2 ... 74 75 76 77 78 ... 84 85
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=251&breed=24&element=7&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=73&tertgene=223&winggene=261&wings=88&auth=757fb61061c87e40906bde354916e35aba43d605&dummyext=prev.png[/img] abd the sister
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=251&breed=24&element=7&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=73&tertgene=223&winggene=261&wings=88&auth=757fb61061c87e40906bde354916e35aba43d605&dummyext=prev.png
abd the sister
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
@IronPen

a;iodjf;aoijdf they look so good! I'm in love with the new breed though, first ancient that's really clicked for me. I would like 12... or more XD
@IronPen

a;iodjf;aoijdf they look so good! I'm in love with the new breed though, first ancient that's really clicked for me. I would like 12... or more XD
shaowed_sanctuary_family_button_small.pngkkBGai5.gifNZB3p5y.png
[center][b]Day 332:[/b][item=Brightly Painted Bird Toy][/center] Today in: '7 Doesn't Do Art' - Lore Appropriate Familiars! So the familiars on my pinkerlocke dragons are mostly there to get them to awaken, but if I were to want to narratively deal with the dragons all having companions, here are my choices are below. I've only done the first 5 for now but I'll likely do another set later [b]Piera and her Agate Shadowbinder[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/50895261][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/508953/50895261p.png[/img][/url][item=agate shadowbinder] A statue she pulled from the mud of the obscured crescent, she treats it as a momento of her gone family. Often talks to it, though it doesn't talk back [b]MaryLou and the Runic Bat[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/51888194][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/518882/51888194p.png[/img][/url][item=runic bat] It's not her runic bat, but it is her companion! They have a love/hate relationship, some of the guardians have offered to remove it but she made some excuse for it not being worth the effort. She may occasionally share her bugs with it on the sly. [b]Larkspur and his Glow Worm Swarm[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/52356744][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/523568/52356744p.png[/img][/url][item=glow worm swarm] They're bees okay? They're bees. Why not choose a bumble 7? Because those are solitary bees who do not make honey. Larkspur loves bees, in part because it reminds him of drone's hum and in part because they're always communicating with each other. He takes very good care of them. [b]Penthesilea and her Gladeveins Needletooth[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/52600268][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/526003/52600268p.png[/img][/url][item=gladeveins needletooth] While she might benefit from a hunting companion, if she's going to hunt with someone she would like them to be able to talk. That being said I do think she'd really enjoy a little gater buddy, they'd hang out and bask together, plus Penthesilea can throw it scraps of meat. She doesn't show it much outward affection but it is perhaps the best cared for caiman in the woods [b]Cypri and her Glowing Pocket Mouse[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/53319229][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/533193/53319229p.png[/img][/url][item=glowing pocket mouse] Aww poor Cypri, she was doing so well keeping Moraea sane, but then Moraea died and threw that whole equation out of wack. It's okay though, she's found a little friend in the nursery to help keep her company. She has named her little mouse 'Glitter' and is teaching it tricks. [b]There's still a contest![/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2101812/75#post_55492866]>Click Here For Details<[/url] [right]Click below to join the pinglist if you like [pinglist=1755][/right]
Day 332: Brightly Painted Bird Toy

Today in: '7 Doesn't Do Art' - Lore Appropriate Familiars!

So the familiars on my pinkerlocke dragons are mostly there to get them to awaken, but if I were to want to narratively deal with the dragons all having companions, here are my choices are below. I've only done the first 5 for now but I'll likely do another set later

Piera and her Agate Shadowbinder

50895261p.png Agate Shadowbinder

A statue she pulled from the mud of the obscured crescent, she treats it as a momento of her gone family. Often talks to it, though it doesn't talk back

MaryLou and the Runic Bat

51888194p.png Runic Bat

It's not her runic bat, but it is her companion! They have a love/hate relationship, some of the guardians have offered to remove it but she made some excuse for it not being worth the effort. She may occasionally share her bugs with it on the sly.

Larkspur and his Glow Worm Swarm

52356744p.png Glow Worm Swarm

They're bees okay? They're bees. Why not choose a bumble 7? Because those are solitary bees who do not make honey. Larkspur loves bees, in part because it reminds him of drone's hum and in part because they're always communicating with each other. He takes very good care of them.

Penthesilea and her Gladeveins Needletooth

52600268p.png Gladeveins Needletooth

While she might benefit from a hunting companion, if she's going to hunt with someone she would like them to be able to talk. That being said I do think she'd really enjoy a little gater buddy, they'd hang out and bask together, plus Penthesilea can throw it scraps of meat. She doesn't show it much outward affection but it is perhaps the best cared for caiman in the woods

Cypri and her Glowing Pocket Mouse

53319229p.png Glowing Pocket Mouse

Aww poor Cypri, she was doing so well keeping Moraea sane, but then Moraea died and threw that whole equation out of wack. It's okay though, she's found a little friend in the nursery to help keep her company. She has named her little mouse 'Glitter' and is teaching it tricks.

There's still a contest! >Click Here For Details<
Click below to join the pinglist if you like
[center][b]Day 333:[/b][item=Rippleconch][/center] Cypri hated being alone. Funny, after a certain age she had always considered Moraea to be an overeager shadow and relished the times they were apart. Now, however, she missed the constant presence of her older sister. The other dragons were often engaged in their own pursuits, not that they didn’t make time for Cypri but she would find herself making casual remarks over her shoulder to a dragon who wasn’t there. She started spending time in the nursery, even if Ombra was rarely awake she was always [i]there[/i]. To help keep herself occupied Cypri brought in Moraea’s old looms. She understood the basics, almost every dragon born into the clan after Moraea had woven a small square or two as part of their education, but the woven script was much harder to produce legibly and Cypri had never learned how. She was unbothered by this as the mere act of working the loom gave her something to do and somewhere to focus her mind. Making the silk was something she’d never been good at, so instead she unravelled damaged fabrics that weren’t too old and reworked the thread, making splotched fabrics of varying material. It was serene and even Belina’s somewhat sour presence in the nursery wasn’t too much of a disruption. Cypri didn’t talk to her much, she had tried but the conversation was stilted and Belina seemed uncomfortable looking at her on top of her distaste for clutch care. The rest of the family was pleasant enough when they took their turns watching over the eggs, Piera even offered to teach Cypri the silk script - though the younger dragon declined - but there was a distance there, in how they spoke, how near they would come. It was almost a relief when the eggs hatched and the nursery quieted once more. The hatchlings, Piper and LittleRed, spent most of their time in the garden with the other youngsters though they still slept in the nursery. Cypri didn’t mind keeping watch over them as they slept. They were both still so small and while they shied away from Cypri when they were awake, asleep, curled up together in a soft bed of fabric she had woven, the boys slept soundly and the world was at peace. That was until one night Piper began to shake in his sleep. Cypri walked over to check on him, keeping her movements quiet as not to wake either hatchling. Piper was hot to the touch and a thin string of saliva dribbled from his jaws. Alarmed, Cypri scooped him up and he keened in her hold but she rushed him to the library where she knew she was likely to find Diedrich. He met her outside, alarm on his face that deepened into panic when he saw Piper. “What’s happening? Is he hurt?” “I don’t know,” said Cypri. “Quick get him into the light,” Diedrich said, stepping aside. The library was well lit this evening, Diedrich, MaryLou and Karal had clearly been in the middle of reviewing some document that was spread out on one of the low wooden tables near the centre of the room. Cypri brought Piper over as MaryLou and Karal cleared the table. While the candle light cast deep shadows on everything and washed out the colours it was still obvious that Piper was flushed, his pink scales almost red, and though he cried his eyes were unfocused. It was a miserable cry that broke into horrid coughs as Piper choked on the copious saliva that dripped from his jaws. “He’s sick,” said Karal looking him over. “What do we do?” asked Diedrich, “There has to be something we can do right?” “In the Ashfall Waste we’d burn it out but it felt like he was already burning when I touched him,” said Karal. “Larkspur might have some plants that could help?” MaryLou sounded doubtful, “There isn’t much in the way of medical texts here, that we’ve found at least.” “I’ll go check with him,” said Cypri, “someone needs to tell Belina.” “Grab LittleRed on your way out,” said Karal, “we don’t know if this spreads or not. It’ll be better if LittleRed spends the night with Larkspur and Penthesilea and we should bring Piper back to the nursery so he can rest properly.” Cypri nodded and rushed off. While she worried for Piper, it felt good to be a part of things again. Useful. She woke LittleRed gently and while he was too sleepy to protest much at her carrying him outside. The little den that Larkspur had dug was cramped with three guardians sleeping inside, so much so that Penthesilea had opted to sleep in a large hollow log that had been rolled near the den. Despite the fact his daughters were practically sleeping on top of him, Larkspur managed to extricate himself as soon as he saw Cypri. “I hear (ah) worries and cries, what has mm happened?” “Piper’s sick, we’re bringing LittleRed out here so he doesn’t catch anything and MaryLou was hoping you’d have some plants for it.” “He is unhappy? (ah) unwell? I will have to listen.” The others had woken up during the conversation and Penthesilea came over and scooped up LittleRed. “Best be seeing t’it then.” Larkspur’s longer legs easily outpaced Cypri back to the nursery and Belina was there with Diedrich, concern written large on both of their faces. Larkspur listened and listened close to Piper’s shuddering form. He hummed when he straightened, “Plants maybe help cool, maybe help (ah) soothe but mmm he sounds... he sounds very unhappy. SkyBlue sounds (ah) alike unhappy too. I did not realize.” “Bring her back with the plants,” suggested Cypri, “we can try to help them both.” Once Larkspur had left there was nothing for Cypri to do anymore. Diedrich and Belina fussed over their son, trying to make him as comfortable as possible, Diedrich cooing and murmuring while Belina stroked his head. It wasn’t long before Larkspur came back with Karal, SkyBlue and enough plant matter to turn him into a walking bush. SkyBlue did not look at bad as Piper but a flush had crept into her scales and she flapped her wings every so often to fan herself, though the movements were slight and barely noticeable. She lay down as soon as she was able, though she did not quite fall asleep, watching her father with one open eye, her head on the stone. Karal helped Larkspur mix up the medicine, her fire magic helping keep the small pot where he mixed the herbs with water and honey at a consistent temperature. Larkspur couldn’t quite explain why this was necessary, only that it made the helpful things in the plants louder. This seemed to be true enough by Cypri’s estimation as Piper quieted almost as soon as the concoction slid down his throat and while SkyBlue grimaced at it, once it was down she relaxed somewhat. Soon both slept though Cypri did not. She was awake long after the other dragons all left, except for Diedrich who fell asleep wrapped around Piper’s little blanket nest. A thought in the back of her mind whispered that if she slept she might miss something, and for perhaps the only time in her life, she envied Moraea. Cypri woke disoriented and thirsty. She didn’t remembered falling asleep, or even beginning to nod off but that was not as pressing as the feeling of tree bark stuck in her throat, or the little puddle of drool that had collected around her claws. She felt hot and cold at the same time and it was an effort to sit up. “Diedrich?” she asked. “He went out for breakfast,” said Karal. “You sound terrible, you must have caught what’s going around. I told the others to stay out of here for now and limit their exposure to those coming in the nursery. I was going to tell you too but it seems like its too late.” She fluttered down to Cypri, holding a bowl of the concoction Larkspur had brewed up the night before. “Drink.” It tasted awful but the relief in Cypri’s throat was almost instantaneous. “Try to rest,” said Karal, “I’ll have someone bring food around soon.” Cypri nodded and then glanced behind her, Ombra was gone. That was something of a relief, Cypri had been a little concerned Ombra would be more at risk of catching it with how little fresh air she got. The movement brought a dull pain behind her eyes and Cypri lay down again, the stone under her head soothingly chill. The next few days went by in a blur. The sickness burned at her insides and scratched up her throat. There were days when SkyBlue or Piper cried and days when they didn’t but everything was jumbled up in a mist enveloped haze. Cypri saw faces sometimes, Karal or Larkspur usually though sometimes she saw Moraea. “You’re dead,” she croaked at her older sister as she lay splayed on the floor, trying in vain to cool herself. “Go away.” Moraea blinked at her, her multitude of eyes out of sync. “But you’re not.” “I’m not sure,” admitted Cypri. “Feels like it sometimes.” Moraea laugh, Cypri wondered if she had ever heard her laugh when she was alive. “No,” said Moraea softly, leaning down to press her snout tenderly again the stop of Cypri’s head. “Congratulations, we’re not all dead yet.” When Cypri woke again she hurt in her bones, but her head felt clear and there was a yawning chasm in her stomach. “Oh, you’re up!” Lyra, lurched to her feet. “How are you feeling?” “Hungry...” said Cypri smiling weakly. “That’s great,” Lyra pushed a pile of dried meats and fruit in front of her. “Eat what you can then, it’s been a few days since you had a proper meal.” Cypri dug in without a second thought, the knife sharp protestations of her stomach giving her a singular focus. When at last she had to take a gasping breath and a sip of the water Lyra offered her, Cypri finally had the presence of mind to look around the nursery. It was empty besides for her, Lyra, and Karal who was asleep on a small rock ledge. “The others they-” “They didn’t get better,” said Lyra quietly. “We weren’t sure you would either. It’s good you pulled through though, that means there’s some hope for Karal.” Cypri’s eyes returned again to the slumbering nocturne. [i]Congratulations, we’re not all dead yet[/i], but somehow, Cyrpi didn’t feel like celebrating. ************************************************** Well that was a lot more words than I meant to be. Whoops, I guess it's the plague. [b]There's still a contest![/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2101812/75#post_55492866]>Click Here For Details<[/url] [right]Click below to join the pinglist if you like [pinglist=1755][/right]
Day 333: Rippleconch

Cypri hated being alone. Funny, after a certain age she had always considered Moraea to be an overeager shadow and relished the times they were apart. Now, however, she missed the constant presence of her older sister. The other dragons were often engaged in their own pursuits, not that they didn’t make time for Cypri but she would find herself making casual remarks over her shoulder to a dragon who wasn’t there.

She started spending time in the nursery, even if Ombra was rarely awake she was always there. To help keep herself occupied Cypri brought in Moraea’s old looms. She understood the basics, almost every dragon born into the clan after Moraea had woven a small square or two as part of their education, but the woven script was much harder to produce legibly and Cypri had never learned how. She was unbothered by this as the mere act of working the loom gave her something to do and somewhere to focus her mind.

Making the silk was something she’d never been good at, so instead she unravelled damaged fabrics that weren’t too old and reworked the thread, making splotched fabrics of varying material. It was serene and even Belina’s somewhat sour presence in the nursery wasn’t too much of a disruption.

Cypri didn’t talk to her much, she had tried but the conversation was stilted and Belina seemed uncomfortable looking at her on top of her distaste for clutch care. The rest of the family was pleasant enough when they took their turns watching over the eggs, Piera even offered to teach Cypri the silk script - though the younger dragon declined - but there was a distance there, in how they spoke, how near they would come.

It was almost a relief when the eggs hatched and the nursery quieted once more. The hatchlings, Piper and LittleRed, spent most of their time in the garden with the other youngsters though they still slept in the nursery. Cypri didn’t mind keeping watch over them as they slept. They were both still so small and while they shied away from Cypri when they were awake, asleep, curled up together in a soft bed of fabric she had woven, the boys slept soundly and the world was at peace.

That was until one night Piper began to shake in his sleep. Cypri walked over to check on him, keeping her movements quiet as not to wake either hatchling. Piper was hot to the touch and a thin string of saliva dribbled from his jaws. Alarmed, Cypri scooped him up and he keened in her hold but she rushed him to the library where she knew she was likely to find Diedrich.

He met her outside, alarm on his face that deepened into panic when he saw Piper. “What’s happening? Is he hurt?”

“I don’t know,” said Cypri.

“Quick get him into the light,” Diedrich said, stepping aside.

The library was well lit this evening, Diedrich, MaryLou and Karal had clearly been in the middle of reviewing some document that was spread out on one of the low wooden tables near the centre of the room. Cypri brought Piper over as MaryLou and Karal cleared the table.

While the candle light cast deep shadows on everything and washed out the colours it was still obvious that Piper was flushed, his pink scales almost red, and though he cried his eyes were unfocused. It was a miserable cry that broke into horrid coughs as Piper choked on the copious saliva that dripped from his jaws.

“He’s sick,” said Karal looking him over.

“What do we do?” asked Diedrich, “There has to be something we can do right?”

“In the Ashfall Waste we’d burn it out but it felt like he was already burning when I touched him,” said Karal.

“Larkspur might have some plants that could help?” MaryLou sounded doubtful, “There isn’t much in the way of medical texts here, that we’ve found at least.”

“I’ll go check with him,” said Cypri, “someone needs to tell Belina.”

“Grab LittleRed on your way out,” said Karal, “we don’t know if this spreads or not. It’ll be better if LittleRed spends the night with Larkspur and Penthesilea and we should bring Piper back to the nursery so he can rest properly.”

Cypri nodded and rushed off. While she worried for Piper, it felt good to be a part of things again. Useful.

She woke LittleRed gently and while he was too sleepy to protest much at her carrying him outside. The little den that Larkspur had dug was cramped with three guardians sleeping inside, so much so that Penthesilea had opted to sleep in a large hollow log that had been rolled near the den.

Despite the fact his daughters were practically sleeping on top of him, Larkspur managed to extricate himself as soon as he saw Cypri. “I hear (ah) worries and cries, what has mm happened?”

“Piper’s sick, we’re bringing LittleRed out here so he doesn’t catch anything and MaryLou was hoping you’d have some plants for it.”

“He is unhappy? (ah) unwell? I will have to listen.”

The others had woken up during the conversation and Penthesilea came over and scooped up LittleRed. “Best be seeing t’it then.”

Larkspur’s longer legs easily outpaced Cypri back to the nursery and Belina was there with Diedrich, concern written large on both of their faces.

Larkspur listened and listened close to Piper’s shuddering form. He hummed when he straightened, “Plants maybe help cool, maybe help (ah) soothe but mmm he sounds... he sounds very unhappy. SkyBlue sounds (ah) alike unhappy too. I did not realize.”

“Bring her back with the plants,” suggested Cypri, “we can try to help them both.”

Once Larkspur had left there was nothing for Cypri to do anymore. Diedrich and Belina fussed over their son, trying to make him as comfortable as possible, Diedrich cooing and murmuring while Belina stroked his head. It wasn’t long before Larkspur came back with Karal, SkyBlue and enough plant matter to turn him into a walking bush.

SkyBlue did not look at bad as Piper but a flush had crept into her scales and she flapped her wings every so often to fan herself, though the movements were slight and barely noticeable. She lay down as soon as she was able, though she did not quite fall asleep, watching her father with one open eye, her head on the stone.

Karal helped Larkspur mix up the medicine, her fire magic helping keep the small pot where he mixed the herbs with water and honey at a consistent temperature. Larkspur couldn’t quite explain why this was necessary, only that it made the helpful things in the plants louder.

This seemed to be true enough by Cypri’s estimation as Piper quieted almost as soon as the concoction slid down his throat and while SkyBlue grimaced at it, once it was down she relaxed somewhat. Soon both slept though Cypri did not.

She was awake long after the other dragons all left, except for Diedrich who fell asleep wrapped around Piper’s little blanket nest. A thought in the back of her mind whispered that if she slept she might miss something, and for perhaps the only time in her life, she envied Moraea.

Cypri woke disoriented and thirsty. She didn’t remembered falling asleep, or even beginning to nod off but that was not as pressing as the feeling of tree bark stuck in her throat, or the little puddle of drool that had collected around her claws. She felt hot and cold at the same time and it was an effort to sit up.

“Diedrich?” she asked.

“He went out for breakfast,” said Karal. “You sound terrible, you must have caught what’s going around. I told the others to stay out of here for now and limit their exposure to those coming in the nursery. I was going to tell you too but it seems like its too late.”

She fluttered down to Cypri, holding a bowl of the concoction Larkspur had brewed up the night before. “Drink.”

It tasted awful but the relief in Cypri’s throat was almost instantaneous.

“Try to rest,” said Karal, “I’ll have someone bring food around soon.”

Cypri nodded and then glanced behind her, Ombra was gone. That was something of a relief, Cypri had been a little concerned Ombra would be more at risk of catching it with how little fresh air she got. The movement brought a dull pain behind her eyes and Cypri lay down again, the stone under her head soothingly chill.

The next few days went by in a blur. The sickness burned at her insides and scratched up her throat. There were days when SkyBlue or Piper cried and days when they didn’t but everything was jumbled up in a mist enveloped haze. Cypri saw faces sometimes, Karal or Larkspur usually though sometimes she saw Moraea.

“You’re dead,” she croaked at her older sister as she lay splayed on the floor, trying in vain to cool herself. “Go away.”

Moraea blinked at her, her multitude of eyes out of sync. “But you’re not.”

“I’m not sure,” admitted Cypri. “Feels like it sometimes.”

Moraea laugh, Cypri wondered if she had ever heard her laugh when she was alive.

“No,” said Moraea softly, leaning down to press her snout tenderly again the stop of Cypri’s head. “Congratulations, we’re not all dead yet.”

When Cypri woke again she hurt in her bones, but her head felt clear and there was a yawning chasm in her stomach.

“Oh, you’re up!” Lyra, lurched to her feet. “How are you feeling?”

“Hungry...” said Cypri smiling weakly.

“That’s great,” Lyra pushed a pile of dried meats and fruit in front of her. “Eat what you can then, it’s been a few days since you had a proper meal.”

Cypri dug in without a second thought, the knife sharp protestations of her stomach giving her a singular focus. When at last she had to take a gasping breath and a sip of the water Lyra offered her, Cypri finally had the presence of mind to look around the nursery.

It was empty besides for her, Lyra, and Karal who was asleep on a small rock ledge. “The others they-”

“They didn’t get better,” said Lyra quietly. “We weren’t sure you would either. It’s good you pulled through though, that means there’s some hope for Karal.”

Cypri’s eyes returned again to the slumbering nocturne. Congratulations, we’re not all dead yet, but somehow, Cyrpi didn’t feel like celebrating.

Well that was a lot more words than I meant to be. Whoops, I guess it's the plague.

There's still a contest! >Click Here For Details<
[center][b]Day 334:[/b][item=Shalefin][/center] Rey, MaryLou and the guardian child from Pen's last nest hit the coli. I named the newbie Pebble but my luck finally gave out and he got hit on a two enemy spread in the first battle when the guard didn't proc and in the Redrock Cove that's a dead dragon. Goodbye Pebble, we hardly knew ye. However in baby news I have used the last stored breed count on a nest with Lyra and Ulysses. So we have three eggs on the way Ended up being a bit busier than I anticipated this weekend but hopefully you'll be seeing some double update days here soon! [edit] Wow I'm a dummy dumb dumb. At some point I edited the pinglist out of the post and didn't notice for future posts. Looks like it just affected the last two updates I'm really sorry everyone! Also Rey gained a level and is now 14 so that's nice @pinglist-1755 [b]5 days left in the contest![/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2101812/75#post_55492866]>Click Here For Details<[/url] [right]Click below to join the pinglist if you like [pinglist=1755][/right]
Day 334: Shalefin

Rey, MaryLou and the guardian child from Pen's last nest hit the coli. I named the newbie Pebble but my luck finally gave out and he got hit on a two enemy spread in the first battle when the guard didn't proc and in the Redrock Cove that's a dead dragon. Goodbye Pebble, we hardly knew ye.

However in baby news I have used the last stored breed count on a nest with Lyra and Ulysses. So we have three eggs on the way

Ended up being a bit busier than I anticipated this weekend but hopefully you'll be seeing some double update days here soon!

[edit] Wow I'm a dummy dumb dumb. At some point I edited the pinglist out of the post and didn't notice for future posts. Looks like it just affected the last two updates I'm really sorry everyone! Also Rey gained a level and is now 14 so that's nice

@What Remains Pinkerlocke

5 days left in the contest! >Click Here For Details<
[center][b]Day 335:[/b][item=Mistral Glove][/center] I never planned her story So it came as a surprise To watch the rebellious fire As it died out of her eyes There was always something missing A part she couldn't find That wormed it's way deep inside And slowly changed her mind And once she thought she found it She hung all with all her might But children tend to disappear When you hold on that tight All she ever wanted Was to make up for her lack But those things that hang between them It's too late too take back I wanted her to find some peace, Perhaps come out ahead, But our dragon Karol now Has gone to join the dead ********************************* What is time?? I sure as heck don't know. Anyways, I really don't want to kill Karol, despite her massive flaws she was a character I grew really fond of XP [center][b]Day 336:[/b][item=Jagged Beak][/center] MaryLou, Penthesilea and Lyra went for a girls trip out to Redrock Cove and after 50 battles everyone got a level! This makes MaryLou lvl 17, Penthesilea lvl 14 and Lyra lvl 12 @pinglist-1755 [b]2 days left in the contest![/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2101812/75#post_55492866]>Click Here For Details<[/url] [right]Click below to join the pinglist if you like [pinglist=1755][/right]
Day 335: Mistral Glove

I never planned her story
So it came as a surprise
To watch the rebellious fire
As it died out of her eyes

There was always something missing
A part she couldn't find
That wormed it's way deep inside
And slowly changed her mind

And once she thought she found it
She hung all with all her might
But children tend to disappear
When you hold on that tight

All she ever wanted
Was to make up for her lack
But those things that hang between them
It's too late too take back

I wanted her to find some peace,
Perhaps come out ahead,
But our dragon Karol now
Has gone to join the dead

What is time?? I sure as heck don't know. Anyways, I really don't want to kill Karol, despite her massive flaws she was a character I grew really fond of XP
Day 336: Jagged Beak

MaryLou, Penthesilea and Lyra went for a girls trip out to Redrock Cove and after 50 battles everyone got a level! This makes MaryLou lvl 17, Penthesilea lvl 14 and Lyra lvl 12

2 days left in the contest! >Click Here For Details<
[center][b]Day 337:[/b][item=Infestation Hound][/center] You can never have too many dragons says pinkerton so meet Loam our new addition! Second chance at an Obelisk, lets see how long he lasts [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/90406310][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/904064/90406310_350.png[/img][/url] [center][b]Day 338:[/b][item=Wisp Fruit][/center] Rey, Penthesilea and Loam went out for a quick jaunt to the bamboo falls. Loam made it to level 6 which is nice, I'd like to have him meet Belina at some point @pinglist-1755 [b]1 day left in the contest![/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2101812/75#post_55492866]>Click Here For Details<[/url] [right]Click below to join the pinglist if you like [pinglist=1755][/right]
Day 337: Infestation Hound

You can never have too many dragons says pinkerton so meet Loam our new addition! Second chance at an Obelisk, lets see how long he lasts

90406310_350.png
Day 338: Wisp Fruit

Rey, Penthesilea and Loam went out for a quick jaunt to the bamboo falls. Loam made it to level 6 which is nice, I'd like to have him meet Belina at some point

1 day left in the contest! >Click Here For Details<

I would like to enter the contest please! [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=94&bodygene=19&breed=15&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=128&tertgene=168&winggene=58&wings=130&auth=3ec2e1a54b9fb8ab6c824a70c9a9a7dae576b882&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] What a pretty little eyeburner! [center]***[/center] Trixx felt mostly at home in the Tangled Wood. After all, she was born there, and her home clan had taught her well, one of the only things she could be begrudgingly grateful for. Except for the fact that she kept conviniently forgetting the unseen dangers, preferring to ignore caution in favor of gaining information. While her mind was an informational sponge, she often forgot about safety hazards and other boring things that were preventing her from completing her work. Luckily for her, Evangeline volunteered to tag along. Losing the clan leader (not to mention her friend) was not an option in her mind. So, wrinkling her nose at the damp and the smell, but otherwise offering no complaint, she kept Trixx from making any truly fatal mistakes. "The article said the ruins were around here somewhere!" Trixx called over her shoulder, poking her head into a hollow. Evangeline firmly but gently tugged her out of it, shaking her head slightly. "A map would have been incredibly helpful," the Coatl said dryly. "Well, maps don't work too well in the Tangled Wood. You either find your way or you don't," she said, rather cheerfully for such an ominous statement. "Trixx," she admonished. Before she could continue, the vivacious Fae interrupted her. "Don't worry! The woods and I have an understanding." She patted a glowing mushroom in a friendly gesture that did not reassure the stoic warrior whatsoever. "I don't think that counts for anything." To be entirely truthful, Evangeline was slightly unnnerved. This part of the Wood was much less pleasant than Lumina Lane, where the rest of the clan was stationed at the moment, and where her sister resided. And while she didn't [i]think[/i] the Shadowbinder had anything against her personally, being a light dragon certainly didn't help her chances. "I can't believe the Professor wasn't more specific about their whereabouts," Trixx was grumbling, climbing the side of a tree to peer into the branches for no apparent reason. "He can't just write about a super interesting draconian phenomena and then NOT tell the rest of us where we could observe it!" "Perhaps that was intentional," Evangeline observed, poking her spear into the branches to make sure nothing nefarious was lurking there. A small bird flew out, alarmed. "Maybe so," she admitted, hopping down. "But in that case we'll find that clan ourselves! I would love to make some new allies, or at the very least talk to them for just a little bit. I haven't heard of a languistic wonder like this since the Tangled Order." "That was something," she agreed, never having learned true Coatl herself but finding the topic of mixed languages vaguely fascinating. She almost immediately regretted encouraging the small Fae's slightly misplaced enthusiasm, remembering the potential danger at hand. "It's getting dark, Trixx. Let's make camp for the night." "It's not [i]that[/i] dark, but alright. I'll continue my search in the morning," she said decisively. Evangeline nodded and proceeded to do a very thorough search of the area. Trixx was continuing her own exploring (albeit at a smaller range), hoping to find an interesting plant or animal she remembered from her childhood, but nothing much was coming up. The mist was thickening as the sky turned towards purple, and it became harder to see. Not that that deterred her search at all, even if it did make things difficult. "Great stars!" she heard Evangeline exclaim from across the clearing, startling her so that she dropped the notes she was attempting to write. She picked the journal up off of the ground and scrambled over to see if there was anything dangerous, and was extremely surprised to find an egg. "What kind of dragon would leave their egg in the middle of a forest?" the Fae asked in a low voice, her ruff flaring in worry and anger. The question resonated with her personally. After all, her parents had done the same for her, a fact that caused an uncomfortable twist of loneliness in her stomach. "The scent of the mother is faint. And not quite... right. Perhaps she was sick and died," Evangeline said quietly. She gently picked the egg up in her talons, feeling how fragile it was. "It's healthy for one left alone for so long," Trixx whispered with some sense of relief, trailing her claw along the delicate shell. "Healthy enough to raise," her companion replied. It wasn't a question. "Of course." The need to whisper suddenly left her. "I would like to raise this hatchling as my own." She gently took the egg from the Coatl, who let her. "I'm sure they would want nothing less," Evangeline said with a small smile. "Although that means we head back to the clan tomorrow." Trixx frowned slightly. She didn't like to abandon a task mid-quest, but she also didn't like to endanger unborn hatchlings, either. "I guess I can always come back..." she considered. "It's settled then," Evangeline said. "Let's get some rest, and we'll bring the egg back to the clan tomorrow." "Alright, if you say so." Attention diverted from the matter, she nuzzled the egg with her nose, smiling. "You're going to be the cutest baby, yes you are," she cooed. Evangeline cuffed her friend's head affectionately. "Come on, Trixx. We should head to bed." The stars were not visible through the thick tree-cover, the dark of the night almost oppressive except for the mushrooms lighting the mist. "Nooooo," Trixx whined, reminding Evangeline of her own hatchlings. But unlike her rambunctious young ones, she curled up obediently and without further complaint, keeping the egg warm between her scales. Evangeline settled down next to her, but didn't get too comfortable. She, of course, was keeping watch. Sleeping, she thought, was overrated, not to mention dangerous, and staying awake through the night was a skill she took full pride in. After a long beat of comfortable silence, a thought occurred to the usually serious Coatl that caused her to chuff a laugh. "What is it?" Trixx asked sleepily. "Oh, I'm just imagining Everest's face when you bring him an egg from the Tangled Wood," she teased. The Fae lazily whacked her with her tail, pretending to be disapproving but grinning a little. "He knows he's the only dragon for me," she said smugly. "That's what they all say," Evangeline said with a laughing gleam in her eye as Trixx whacked her again, more enthusiastically. "Shh, you're corrupting the baby," Trixx admonished, pretending to cover the egg's ears. They both laughed at this, and despite her wariness, Evangeline couldn't help but appreciate this little moment of bright encircled within the shadow of darkness. It might have been her imagination, but she got the direct impression that even the mist was smiling. [center]***[/center] Wow, that turned out wayyy longer than I thought it would! Anyway, here are the dragons from my clan in the story (for reference, ig): Trixx: [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxx[/color]Evangeline: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/823933/82393253.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/826938/82693747.png[/img] Edit: went through some grammar mechanics and sentence structure, nothing too much
I would like to enter the contest please!
dragon?age=1&body=94&bodygene=19&breed=15&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=128&tertgene=168&winggene=58&wings=130&auth=3ec2e1a54b9fb8ab6c824a70c9a9a7dae576b882&dummyext=prev.png

What a pretty little eyeburner!

Trixx felt mostly at home in the Tangled Wood. After all, she was born there, and her home clan had taught her well, one of the only things she could be begrudgingly grateful for. Except for the fact that she kept conviniently forgetting the unseen dangers, preferring to ignore caution in favor of gaining information.

While her mind was an informational sponge, she often forgot about safety hazards and other boring things that were preventing her from completing her work.

Luckily for her, Evangeline volunteered to tag along. Losing the clan leader (not to mention her friend) was not an option in her mind. So, wrinkling her nose at the damp and the smell, but otherwise offering no complaint, she kept Trixx from making any truly fatal mistakes.

"The article said the ruins were around here somewhere!" Trixx called over her shoulder, poking her head into a hollow. Evangeline firmly but gently tugged her out of it, shaking her head slightly.

"A map would have been incredibly helpful," the Coatl said dryly.

"Well, maps don't work too well in the Tangled Wood. You either find your way or you don't," she said, rather cheerfully for such an ominous statement.

"Trixx," she admonished. Before she could continue, the vivacious Fae interrupted her.

"Don't worry! The woods and I have an understanding." She patted a glowing mushroom in a friendly gesture that did not reassure the stoic warrior whatsoever.

"I don't think that counts for anything." To be entirely truthful, Evangeline was slightly unnnerved. This part of the Wood was much less pleasant than Lumina Lane, where the rest of the clan was stationed at the moment, and where her sister resided.

And while she didn't think the Shadowbinder had anything against her personally, being a light dragon certainly didn't help her chances.

"I can't believe the Professor wasn't more specific about their whereabouts," Trixx was grumbling, climbing the side of a tree to peer into the branches for no apparent reason. "He can't just write about a super interesting draconian phenomena and then NOT tell the rest of us where we could observe it!"

"Perhaps that was intentional," Evangeline observed, poking her spear into the branches to make sure nothing nefarious was lurking there. A small bird flew out, alarmed.

"Maybe so," she admitted, hopping down. "But in that case we'll find that clan ourselves! I would love to make some new allies, or at the very least talk to them for just a little bit. I haven't heard of a languistic wonder like this since the Tangled Order."

"That was something," she agreed, never having learned true Coatl herself but finding the topic of mixed languages vaguely fascinating.

She almost immediately regretted encouraging the small Fae's slightly misplaced enthusiasm, remembering the potential danger at hand. "It's getting dark, Trixx. Let's make camp for the night."

"It's not that dark, but alright. I'll continue my search in the morning," she said decisively. Evangeline nodded and proceeded to do a very thorough search of the area.

Trixx was continuing her own exploring (albeit at a smaller range), hoping to find an interesting plant or animal she remembered from her childhood, but nothing much was coming up. The mist was thickening as the sky turned towards purple, and it became harder to see. Not that that deterred her search at all, even if it did make things difficult.

"Great stars!" she heard Evangeline exclaim from across the clearing, startling her so that she dropped the notes she was attempting to write.

She picked the journal up off of the ground and scrambled over to see if there was anything dangerous, and was extremely surprised to find an egg.

"What kind of dragon would leave their egg in the middle of a forest?" the Fae asked in a low voice, her ruff flaring in worry and anger. The question resonated with her personally. After all, her parents had done the same for her, a fact that caused an uncomfortable twist of loneliness in her stomach.

"The scent of the mother is faint. And not quite... right. Perhaps she was sick and died," Evangeline said quietly. She gently picked the egg up in her talons, feeling how fragile it was.

"It's healthy for one left alone for so long," Trixx whispered with some sense of relief, trailing her claw along the delicate shell.

"Healthy enough to raise," her companion replied. It wasn't a question.

"Of course." The need to whisper suddenly left her. "I would like to raise this hatchling as my own." She gently took the egg from the Coatl, who let her.

"I'm sure they would want nothing less," Evangeline said with a small smile. "Although that means we head back to the clan tomorrow."

Trixx frowned slightly. She didn't like to abandon a task mid-quest, but she also didn't like to endanger unborn hatchlings, either.

"I guess I can always come back..." she considered.

"It's settled then," Evangeline said. "Let's get some rest, and we'll bring the egg back to the clan tomorrow."

"Alright, if you say so."

Attention diverted from the matter, she nuzzled the egg with her nose, smiling. "You're going to be the cutest baby, yes you are," she cooed.

Evangeline cuffed her friend's head affectionately. "Come on, Trixx. We should head to bed." The stars were not visible through the thick tree-cover, the dark of the night almost oppressive except for the mushrooms lighting the mist.

"Nooooo," Trixx whined, reminding Evangeline of her own hatchlings. But unlike her rambunctious young ones, she curled up obediently and without further complaint, keeping the egg warm between her scales.

Evangeline settled down next to her, but didn't get too comfortable. She, of course, was keeping watch. Sleeping, she thought, was overrated, not to mention dangerous, and staying awake through the night was a skill she took full pride in.

After a long beat of comfortable silence, a thought occurred to the usually serious Coatl that caused her to chuff a laugh.

"What is it?" Trixx asked sleepily.

"Oh, I'm just imagining Everest's face when you bring him an egg from the Tangled Wood," she teased.

The Fae lazily whacked her with her tail, pretending to be disapproving but grinning a little. "He knows he's the only dragon for me," she said smugly.

"That's what they all say," Evangeline said with a laughing gleam in her eye as Trixx whacked her again, more enthusiastically.

"Shh, you're corrupting the baby," Trixx admonished, pretending to cover the egg's ears. They both laughed at this, and despite her wariness, Evangeline couldn't help but appreciate this little moment of bright encircled within the shadow of darkness.

It might have been her imagination, but she got the direct impression that even the mist was smiling.

Wow, that turned out wayyy longer than I thought it would!

Anyway, here are the dragons from my clan in the story (for reference, ig):

Trixx: xxxxxxxxxEvangeline:
82393253.png82693747.png

Edit: went through some grammar mechanics and sentence structure, nothing too much

PdiBTNZ.pngbzEU9i1.pngWjoRtbD.pngoCJqe3G.pngCe9NmVm.png XXXXXXX
5zPzNgV.png
MTtORbV.png
e7NCmti.pngjaogUTu.pngQJAOLGp.pngZ5EpBf9.pngSCjxpBr.pngmPQFox6.pngGJZzfu4.png
n4je4QW.png
@feralfangirl

I was not expecting another entry at this point, thank you for participating :D
@feralfangirl

I was not expecting another entry at this point, thank you for participating :D
@TroubleinSevens Of course! I just got into the lore of your Pinkerlocke and my goodness is it intense (and very very good! I love your writing style)! I'm rooting for the clan to just make it through and be happy, hopefully ;;
@TroubleinSevens Of course! I just got into the lore of your Pinkerlocke and my goodness is it intense (and very very good! I love your writing style)! I'm rooting for the clan to just make it through and be happy, hopefully ;;
PdiBTNZ.pngbzEU9i1.pngWjoRtbD.pngoCJqe3G.pngCe9NmVm.png XXXXXXX
5zPzNgV.png
MTtORbV.png
e7NCmti.pngjaogUTu.pngQJAOLGp.pngZ5EpBf9.pngSCjxpBr.pngmPQFox6.pngGJZzfu4.png
n4je4QW.png
1 2 ... 74 75 76 77 78 ... 84 85