Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Huh, that's new (Baldwin text)
[img]https://i.imgur.com/HGMCSUh.png[/img] If you transmute a familiar in Baldwin's cauldron, it now says: "You are about to a drop a gift from your departing (x) into Baldwin's cauldron" As opposed to "You are about to dump (x) into Baldwin's cauldron". I wonder when this change was made? I forget when we had the Words on the Wind that confirmed that we are not truly melting the whole familiar in Baldwin's cauldron, but I think that was a few years ago. It is entirely possible this update was mentioned in a dev post and I simply did not see it LOL. Or it has been here for a while and I never bothered to read the full text when putting familiar items in the cauldron.
HGMCSUh.png

If you transmute a familiar in Baldwin's cauldron, it now says:
"You are about to a drop a gift from your departing (x) into Baldwin's cauldron"

As opposed to "You are about to dump (x) into Baldwin's cauldron".

I wonder when this change was made? I forget when we had the Words on the Wind that confirmed that we are not truly melting the whole familiar in Baldwin's cauldron, but I think that was a few years ago.

It is entirely possible this update was mentioned in a dev post and I simply did not see it LOL. Or it has been here for a while and I never bothered to read the full text when putting familiar items in the cauldron.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
Oh no, it's a pretty recent update! It came out this year iirc. Since the Beastclans are having revamped lore, and are now considered as civilized as dragons, they chose to change the Baldwin text accordingly. It's as if you were dumping people into that cauldron, which is objectively kinda mean.

(I personally liked dumping people into the cauldron, but oh well. Glad the FR team is stopping my mad scientist endeavors.)
Oh no, it's a pretty recent update! It came out this year iirc. Since the Beastclans are having revamped lore, and are now considered as civilized as dragons, they chose to change the Baldwin text accordingly. It's as if you were dumping people into that cauldron, which is objectively kinda mean.

(I personally liked dumping people into the cauldron, but oh well. Glad the FR team is stopping my mad scientist endeavors.)
5BsilZ9.png
dEe2UrM.png
x8bDWFu.png

Proud owner
of the
Caprine Hatchery !
WQA384m.png
5hF3FGk.png
FObX7rS.png
Huh. I didn't notice that text change at all, I guess I was too busy feeding the cauldron. Nice!
Huh. I didn't notice that text change at all, I guess I was too busy feeding the cauldron. Nice!
I remember seeing that memo. It was years ago, before Bounty of the Elements I believe. I can't be certain when that was. They said that we were just dropping clippings like feathers, claws, or some scales into the cauldron, but I liked to think that the cauldron is a sauna and spa for familiars. Still, I sometimes wonder why the familairs seemingly run away after being reduced in the cauldron other than game mechanics.
I remember seeing that memo. It was years ago, before Bounty of the Elements I believe. I can't be certain when that was. They said that we were just dropping clippings like feathers, claws, or some scales into the cauldron, but I liked to think that the cauldron is a sauna and spa for familiars. Still, I sometimes wonder why the familairs seemingly run away after being reduced in the cauldron other than game mechanics.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm Fil but you can call me Dan.
Time: FR +15/+16
Offline during: 6:00-21:00 and 6:00-16:00
Fil.png
My Wattpad Account
My DeviantArt
The Unbuilt Void (God Game)
DGBpqSL.png
Fil is back in FR.
The Hero's Prophecy: Wattpad/Royal Road
[quote name="Cuivienen" date="2023-11-19 13:50:07" ] Huh. I didn't notice that text change at all, I guess I was too busy feeding the cauldron. Nice! [/quote] Same! I had no idea. Good catch, OP.
Cuivienen wrote on 2023-11-19 13:50:07:
Same! I had no idea. Good catch, OP.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
When I had a rabbit I used to call his leavings outside his litterbox gifts so thats what I imagine lmao
When I had a rabbit I used to call his leavings outside his litterbox gifts so thats what I imagine lmao
62a28eab19423fd06c81c0b57758ea57b3848a75.png
42d22711d27254841bd07f96db6eb09fe438054c.png