Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Server Modifications PART DEUX
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 32 33
I just wanted to say that I need my caffeine this morning to keep up with the site! Yes, there are a couple times when it takes more than 5 seconds to load a page but overall it seems lightening fast. Yay Codesmiths!

I'm with InkyPetrel though *knocks on wood*.

(Windows 7, Chrome by the way)
I just wanted to say that I need my caffeine this morning to keep up with the site! Yes, there are a couple times when it takes more than 5 seconds to load a page but overall it seems lightening fast. Yay Codesmiths!

I'm with InkyPetrel though *knocks on wood*.

(Windows 7, Chrome by the way)
tumblr_n6xwujrYxg1rd5h0co1_500.png
she/her +2 FR time
It was a lot better yesterday. Thank you!
It was a lot better yesterday. Thank you!
The lag is back (about 1,800 users at this moment).
The lag is back (about 1,800 users at this moment).
as a morning status update, we have identified several areas around the site where we can reduce the number of queries (questions that the page asks the database) as well as several places where we can use static data instead of live. Making these changes should help to speed up the site. We are experiencing slow down because our number of players continues to increase, as does the sheer size of the database. There is no longer any room for an even slightly inefficient piece if code.

Please note that most of last nights efforts were spent indentifying problem areas and figuring our ways to help resolve them. No significant changes have yet been made. The increase in speed is likely because we are not at peek hours/user count yet. We apologize in advance for the probable slowdown this afternoon.
as a morning status update, we have identified several areas around the site where we can reduce the number of queries (questions that the page asks the database) as well as several places where we can use static data instead of live. Making these changes should help to speed up the site. We are experiencing slow down because our number of players continues to increase, as does the sheer size of the database. There is no longer any room for an even slightly inefficient piece if code.

Please note that most of last nights efforts were spent indentifying problem areas and figuring our ways to help resolve them. No significant changes have yet been made. The increase in speed is likely because we are not at peek hours/user count yet. We apologize in advance for the probable slowdown this afternoon.
Is it just me, or does anyone else have to constantly refresh just to update the pages you go on? I also find it slow on the forums. :x (I hadn't read the other pages, sorry!)
Is it just me, or does anyone else have to constantly refresh just to update the pages you go on? I also find it slow on the forums. :x (I hadn't read the other pages, sorry!)
I appreciate everything you guys are doing to improve the site and get it running. This is seriously the best sim I have ever been on and the admin commitment is amazing.

But, I do have to say this. While you guys ARE trying to get the servers running and iron the kinks out, I personally think it would be BEST if you guys could shut down sign-ups for the time being until you get everything working better. Just allowing more people to join while we are already chugging along I am sure is not helping.

You even said so in your update, "We are experiencing slow down because our number of players continues to increase, as does the sheer size of the database. " So why not just put a temporary pause on those [sign-ups] to find out where you need to be; then reopen them in a couple of weeks.

Just my humble and honest opinion.
I appreciate everything you guys are doing to improve the site and get it running. This is seriously the best sim I have ever been on and the admin commitment is amazing.

But, I do have to say this. While you guys ARE trying to get the servers running and iron the kinks out, I personally think it would be BEST if you guys could shut down sign-ups for the time being until you get everything working better. Just allowing more people to join while we are already chugging along I am sure is not helping.

You even said so in your update, "We are experiencing slow down because our number of players continues to increase, as does the sheer size of the database. " So why not just put a temporary pause on those [sign-ups] to find out where you need to be; then reopen them in a couple of weeks.

Just my humble and honest opinion.
Ping me if replying to me. I forget easily...

Central Time Zone (+2 FR Time)
OBULKax.png
Thanks for starting to fix it! <3

Once its down, everyone should make you guys a bunch of fanart! :D You guys deserve more than happy posts x3
Thanks for starting to fix it! <3

Once its down, everyone should make you guys a bunch of fanart! :D You guys deserve more than happy posts x3
they/them
Thank you for your hard work guys :)
Thank you for your hard work guys :)
p5Q2IRk.png
Thank you for the updates, i&#039;m sure that the majority of this site&#039;s users are more than okay with the little slowdown.

Keep up your good work :)
Thank you for the updates, i&#039;m sure that the majority of this site&#039;s users are more than okay with the little slowdown.

Keep up your good work :)
- ★Please ping me, i tend to forget easily★ -
m2Ts0fA.png
I second the "shut down sign-ups momentarily" option or even simply put them as "per invite only". Give 2 invite codes to already registered users until the site gets optimal, it could help? Just my 0.2 treasure input :P

Keep up the great work, m&#039;dear admins <3
I second the "shut down sign-ups momentarily" option or even simply put them as "per invite only". Give 2 invite codes to already registered users until the site gets optimal, it could help? Just my 0.2 treasure input :P

Keep up the great work, m&#039;dear admins <3
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 32 33