Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Server Modifications PART DEUX
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 32 33
Site is also running incredibly slow for me, though perhaps not as badly as for others it sounds like. I can play Jigsaw and I get my money no problem, but Runestones won't load at all, even after several regular refreshes and even hard refreshes. Using Windows 7, Firefox.
Site is also running incredibly slow for me, though perhaps not as badly as for others it sounds like. I can play Jigsaw and I get my money no problem, but Runestones won't load at all, even after several regular refreshes and even hard refreshes. Using Windows 7, Firefox.
[quote name="Azzyblue" date="2013-07-15 18:48:27" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=6&id=526858#545102"]Mostly, I think people just want an answer as to how long it's going to take before the site is back in a playable state. It's been a good long many hours since I've seen a dev/mod response to everyone's concerns, and usually just some soothing words are all it takes to make it easier for people to be patient.[/quote] Absolutely seconding this. It'd really be nice to have an update-- it's been a long laggy day with no improvement and no communication that I've seen, but some official information would go a long way towards keeping frustration levels down. We love the game, and hope it's back soon!
Mostly, I think people just want an answer as to how long it's going to take before the site is back in a playable state. It's been a good long many hours since I've seen a dev/mod response to everyone's concerns, and usually just some soothing words are all it takes to make it easier for people to be patient.

Absolutely seconding this. It'd really be nice to have an update-- it's been a long laggy day with no improvement and no communication that I've seen, but some official information would go a long way towards keeping frustration levels down. We love the game, and hope it's back soon!
feels-sig.png
Yeah, chiming in to say that it's going exceedingly slow for me as well. The coliseum works fine (if a little slow), but the forums are running at a snail's pace, and if I ask the site to open two pages at once as I do to check color possibilities for future breedings the slowdown gets even worse.

Running Firefox on a Mac, if that helps any.
Yeah, chiming in to say that it's going exceedingly slow for me as well. The coliseum works fine (if a little slow), but the forums are running at a snail's pace, and if I ask the site to open two pages at once as I do to check color possibilities for future breedings the slowdown gets even worse.

Running Firefox on a Mac, if that helps any.
6BuWSPs.png
Taste the rainbow~
Whatever the server mods were, I'm pretty sure at this point, they just made things worse.

I can somehow use the coliseum (sort of), but the load time between pages, many ending in Server Error 500 or whatever, are super frustrating.

I agree that a little more transparency would be nice. @Akiri, can you give us any sort of estimate as to how much longer the site will be acting like this? I know you're probably working hard but the response from staff (here or on the FR Tumblr) has been so little compared to the last hubbub with server switchovers and I think this is much, much worse of a situation.

The site is not working on any system or browser, that is clear as day. At this point I wouldn't even mind FR going offline for a bit to get things cleared up.
Whatever the server mods were, I'm pretty sure at this point, they just made things worse.

I can somehow use the coliseum (sort of), but the load time between pages, many ending in Server Error 500 or whatever, are super frustrating.

I agree that a little more transparency would be nice. @Akiri, can you give us any sort of estimate as to how much longer the site will be acting like this? I know you're probably working hard but the response from staff (here or on the FR Tumblr) has been so little compared to the last hubbub with server switchovers and I think this is much, much worse of a situation.

The site is not working on any system or browser, that is clear as day. At this point I wouldn't even mind FR going offline for a bit to get things cleared up.
Yes, everything is so slow and laggy for me as well :( Which is unfortunate as I had some time to play games and earn treasure this evening. Hopefully everything will be back to normal soon, Flight Rising is so fun! ^.^
Yes, everything is so slow and laggy for me as well :( Which is unfortunate as I had some time to play games and earn treasure this evening. Hopefully everything will be back to normal soon, Flight Rising is so fun! ^.^
earthshieldr.png
As a heads-up, we are not satisfied with the site performance. As I type this one of our codesmiths is in a hangout actively troubleshooting the site. Our apologies for the slowness. We have some good leads to follow and will keep you updated! Thank you for your patience.
As a heads-up, we are not satisfied with the site performance. As I type this one of our codesmiths is in a hangout actively troubleshooting the site. Our apologies for the slowness. We have some good leads to follow and will keep you updated! Thank you for your patience.
Thanks, @Undel. I was just coming here to express my continuing dismay at my inability to take advantage of Light's Dominance, and you commented in the time it took to load the comment window (lol sigh). I really hope you're able to figure out what's going on. I can deal with slowness, but the site not even functioning is a big ol' bummer.

Unicorn powers activate!
Thanks, @Undel. I was just coming here to express my continuing dismay at my inability to take advantage of Light's Dominance, and you commented in the time it took to load the comment window (lol sigh). I really hope you're able to figure out what's going on. I can deal with slowness, but the site not even functioning is a big ol' bummer.

Unicorn powers activate!
1WaPPyd.png

divider by irithyll
@Undel

I have mental images of said codesmith being stuffed in a little box filled with computer equipment, and then someone hanging that box in a tree. hang ..out...? I dunno

(why, brain. Why do you do this)

Thank you so much for the heads-up! I'm sure it'll do much to soothe everyone's worries. :D
@Undel

I have mental images of said codesmith being stuffed in a little box filled with computer equipment, and then someone hanging that box in a tree. hang ..out...? I dunno

(why, brain. Why do you do this)

Thank you so much for the heads-up! I'm sure it'll do much to soothe everyone's worries. :D
for me, i can use the site, but it takes each click several minutes to register, making forum surfing and what not very slow. games work good once i wait ten minutes for the game page to show up. the only game that seems to be terrible is the card guessing game. takes several minutes for a click to register each time i hit a button but at least the main games are playable. I wish the poor codesmiths the best of luck tackling this problem!
for me, i can use the site, but it takes each click several minutes to register, making forum surfing and what not very slow. games work good once i wait ten minutes for the game page to show up. the only game that seems to be terrible is the card guessing game. takes several minutes for a click to register each time i hit a button but at least the main games are playable. I wish the poor codesmiths the best of luck tackling this problem!
my_flight_rising_forum_signature_by_theparasiticbandaid-d6ajsgz.png
Things seem to be improving again :D *knocks wood* Woo!
Things seem to be improving again :D *knocks wood* Woo!
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 32 33