Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coliseum Reward drop amount and rate.
1 2 3
[quote name="Pennifeather" date="2022-12-22 07:29:59" ] I disagree with the original post. Others are right, there are ways aside from coliseum grinding to gain event items, and I think adding a drop increase based on time spent or battles fought doesn't fix the underlying problem. However, I wouldn't mind a slight bump in the odds of ALL basic coliseum monster drops. I'm talking food and materials/trinkets. If it extended to the NotN items dropped by mimics, I don't think that would be too great an issue. My reasoning is pretty simple. The more creatures are added to a coliseum venue, the less likely you are to encounter a particular creature per hour/100 battles, however you prefer to measure. This becomes especially noticeable in higher-level venues, where battles take longer and you're more likely to have to rebuild breath or reset for some reason. [/quote] The best way would have been a separate battleground for just event monsters with some normal ones mixed in to keep things from being a loot cave. There are other ways to get event materials, like bonding, cauldron, purchasing and trading. None of these are helpful to returning players or those who play on and off. Everything in this game is about grinding. From the loot, to the specific genes and color on a dragon, to the clothes. Everything has to be a grind and has always been a grind.
Pennifeather wrote on 2022-12-22 07:29:59:
I disagree with the original post. Others are right, there are ways aside from coliseum grinding to gain event items, and I think adding a drop increase based on time spent or battles fought doesn't fix the underlying problem.

However, I wouldn't mind a slight bump in the odds of ALL basic coliseum monster drops. I'm talking food and materials/trinkets. If it extended to the NotN items dropped by mimics, I don't think that would be too great an issue.

My reasoning is pretty simple. The more creatures are added to a coliseum venue, the less likely you are to encounter a particular creature per hour/100 battles, however you prefer to measure. This becomes especially noticeable in higher-level venues, where battles take longer and you're more likely to have to rebuild breath or reset for some reason.

The best way would have been a separate battleground for just event monsters with some normal ones mixed in to keep things from being a loot cave.

There are other ways to get event materials, like bonding, cauldron, purchasing and trading. None of these are helpful to returning players or those who play on and off. Everything in this game is about grinding. From the loot, to the specific genes and color on a dragon, to the clothes. Everything has to be a grind and has always been a grind.
s u c c
[quote name="depleted" date="2022-12-22 20:04:52" ] [quote name="Alkhor" date="2022-12-22 10:08:00" ] I also not support forcing long coli grind. I do prefer some lure mechanic that force exact (non fest) mob spawns more offten to allow you get exact items (for HD, or what ever, that SHOULD be common but does not in reason of tons of other foes spawn (and with new foes issue become only worst)) [/quote] This is not 'forcing' a longer coli grind. There's already a exp counter and people who grind and exalt dragons using that exact mechanic. Why does it change the moment someone wants it to also apply to loot drops. [/quote] Caus it only increase gap between casual and Grundy players. I do not think site need it because this could scares off those casual. They already could feel kind of disadvantage and with increasing gap they feel it only stronger.
depleted wrote on 2022-12-22 20:04:52:
Alkhor wrote on 2022-12-22 10:08:00:
I also not support forcing long coli grind.
I do prefer some lure mechanic that force exact (non fest) mob spawns more offten to allow you get exact items (for HD, or what ever, that SHOULD be common but does not in reason of tons of other foes spawn (and with new foes issue become only worst))

This is not 'forcing' a longer coli grind. There's already a exp counter and people who grind and exalt dragons using that exact mechanic. Why does it change the moment someone wants it to also apply to loot drops.
Caus it only increase gap between casual and Grundy players. I do not think site need it because this could scares off those casual. They already could feel kind of disadvantage and with increasing gap they feel it only stronger.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
I mean, I think a) the site doesn't actually want to incentivise people to grind for ages (both for balance reasons and the health ones mentioned) and b) it might be a backwards way to do it? I'd rather see the flat boost mentioned, or something like the Bea's Bounty Board suggestion where it gives goals to grind for instead of either having fodder or something community-run.

I do think the point that the EXP streak kind of functions this way, as a risk/reward (do I wanna refresh the streak and lose my boost, or risk losing the food points when I wipe?) is valid, so there's precedence for the same to apply to other venues, but I also don't want to lose item-gathering chances if I'm overleveled because being overleveled should never be punished in any sort of RPG (and Coli technically hits the very most barebones definition for a stat-based one). I feel like if the item boost and the EXP boost both worked off levels, then I'd forever have to be training new teams from scratch, and that's one of the most actively unfun things onsite.

I would support the event venue thing, though! I think that could be a really interesting thing, but... tbh, I've seen it done both well (RIP Dragalia Lost, had different levels of difficulty for an event with generally pretty good scaling, and different payout tracks for each so there was an incentive to work your way up) and poorly (Furvilla depends SO MUCH on good RNG, and if you don't get it you're kinda outta luck in anything past their equivalent to the level 10 venue here). It'd need some thought and arguably its own thread so it could be discussed properly.

I mean, I think a) the site doesn't actually want to incentivise people to grind for ages (both for balance reasons and the health ones mentioned) and b) it might be a backwards way to do it? I'd rather see the flat boost mentioned, or something like the Bea's Bounty Board suggestion where it gives goals to grind for instead of either having fodder or something community-run.

I do think the point that the EXP streak kind of functions this way, as a risk/reward (do I wanna refresh the streak and lose my boost, or risk losing the food points when I wipe?) is valid, so there's precedence for the same to apply to other venues, but I also don't want to lose item-gathering chances if I'm overleveled because being overleveled should never be punished in any sort of RPG (and Coli technically hits the very most barebones definition for a stat-based one). I feel like if the item boost and the EXP boost both worked off levels, then I'd forever have to be training new teams from scratch, and that's one of the most actively unfun things onsite.

I would support the event venue thing, though! I think that could be a really interesting thing, but... tbh, I've seen it done both well (RIP Dragalia Lost, had different levels of difficulty for an event with generally pretty good scaling, and different payout tracks for each so there was an incentive to work your way up) and poorly (Furvilla depends SO MUCH on good RNG, and if you don't get it you're kinda outta luck in anything past their equivalent to the level 10 venue here). It'd need some thought and arguably its own thread so it could be discussed properly.

a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

[quote name="depleted" date="2022-12-22 20:04:52" ] [quote name="Alkhor" date="2022-12-22 10:08:00" ] I also not support forcing long coli grind. I do prefer some lure mechanic that force exact (non fest) mob spawns more offten to allow you get exact items (for HD, or what ever, that SHOULD be common but does not in reason of tons of other foes spawn (and with new foes issue become only worst)) [/quote] This is not 'forcing' a longer coli grind. There's already a exp counter and people who grind and exalt dragons using that exact mechanic. Why does it change the moment someone wants it to also apply to loot drops. [/quote] I do not think the exp counter works, but I could be wrong.
I do prefer some lure mechanic that force exact (non fest) mob spawns more offten to allow you get exact items (for HD, or what ever, that SHOULD be common but does not in reason of tons of other foes spawn (and with new foes issue become only worst))

This is not 'forcing' a longer coli grind. There's already a exp counter and people who grind and exalt dragons using that exact mechanic. Why does it change the moment someone wants it to also apply to loot drops.
I do not think the exp counter works, but I could be wrong.
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
>> Bean's Showcase, Boutique, and Workshop
No support - if the rewards get better the longer you grind for then that's incentivizing people to grind for longer, which puts people who can't grind for as long at an even bigger disadvantage.

And it puts people who can't grind at all in an even worse situation! Since coli grinding is basically a free source of resources that can be held onto, melted in Baldwin's, sold on the Auction House or even hoard sold for instant treasure then the people who can grind for longer will be getting more money. As the value of coli items drops then the incentive to hoard sell junk increases, with the influx of treasure slowly causing inflation.

Eventually coli drops will be the most affordable items on the site, while everything that cannot be obtained through coli will increase in price.
No support - if the rewards get better the longer you grind for then that's incentivizing people to grind for longer, which puts people who can't grind for as long at an even bigger disadvantage.

And it puts people who can't grind at all in an even worse situation! Since coli grinding is basically a free source of resources that can be held onto, melted in Baldwin's, sold on the Auction House or even hoard sold for instant treasure then the people who can grind for longer will be getting more money. As the value of coli items drops then the incentive to hoard sell junk increases, with the influx of treasure slowly causing inflation.

Eventually coli drops will be the most affordable items on the site, while everything that cannot be obtained through coli will increase in price.
[quote name="@Zikitty" date="2022-12-26 00:57:32" ] [quote name="depleted" date="2022-12-22 20:04:52" ] [quote name="Alkhor" date="2022-12-22 10:08:00" ] I also not support forcing long coli grind. I do prefer some lure mechanic that force exact (non fest) mob spawns more offten to allow you get exact items (for HD, or what ever, that SHOULD be common but does not in reason of tons of other foes spawn (and with new foes issue become only worst)) [/quote] This is not 'forcing' a longer coli grind. There's already a exp counter and people who grind and exalt dragons using that exact mechanic. Why does it change the moment someone wants it to also apply to loot drops. [/quote] I do not think the exp counter works, but I could be wrong. [/quote] it does work, but only if the venue is the same level or higher then any of your dragons- so if you're using a level 25 team, you're only getting the benefits in workshop and portal - which almost nobody trains fodder in bc they're too dangerous to not have a full group of 25s. even when you're leveling you're not gonna see it all that often since some venues [s]scorched forest[/s] can get pretty difficult if you're using dragons at the same level as the venue I've gotta ask, for the people that [i]do[/i] want this, how long would you expect it to take to get to the max rewards (compared to 5 battles for the current exp streak) and what's stopping people from just abusing it in some random low level venue [s]also scorched forest[/s] during a festival?
@Zikitty wrote on 2022-12-26 00:57:32:

it does work, but only if the venue is the same level or higher then any of your dragons- so if you're using a level 25 team, you're only getting the benefits in workshop and portal - which almost nobody trains fodder in bc they're too dangerous to not have a full group of 25s. even when you're leveling you're not gonna see it all that often since some venues scorched forest can get pretty difficult if you're using dragons at the same level as the venue

I've gotta ask, for the people that do want this, how long would you expect it to take to get to the max rewards (compared to 5 battles for the current exp streak) and what's stopping people from just abusing it in some random low level venue also scorched forest during a festival?
unknown.png
[quote name="SkyBlaze" date="2023-10-17 05:37:24" ] [quote name="@Zikitty" date="2022-12-26 00:57:32" ] [quote name="depleted" date="2022-12-22 20:04:52" ] [quote name="Alkhor" date="2022-12-22 10:08:00" ] I also not support forcing long coli grind. I do prefer some lure mechanic that force exact (non fest) mob spawns more offten to allow you get exact items (for HD, or what ever, that SHOULD be common but does not in reason of tons of other foes spawn (and with new foes issue become only worst)) [/quote] This is not 'forcing' a longer coli grind. There's already a exp counter and people who grind and exalt dragons using that exact mechanic. Why does it change the moment someone wants it to also apply to loot drops. [/quote] I do not think the exp counter works, but I could be wrong. [/quote] it does work, but only if the venue is the same level or higher then any of your dragons- so if you're using a level 25 team, you're only getting the benefits in workshop and portal - which almost nobody trains fodder in bc they're too dangerous to not have a full group of 25s. even when you're leveling you're not gonna see it all that often since some venues [s]scorched forest[/s] can get pretty difficult if you're using dragons at the same level as the venue I've gotta ask, for the people that [i]do[/i] want this, how long would you expect it to take to get to the max rewards (compared to 5 battles for the current exp streak) and what's stopping people from just abusing it in some random low level venue [s]also scorched forest[/s] during a festival? [/quote] What I'd personally like to see is a 5% increase (either flat or paired with this), and a complete removal of 0 Loot battles. +1% to all drop rates for each battle in a streak, capping at +5. 5% shouldn't break anything, especially given that it takes hundreds of battles to get rare drops, but it'll do [i]enough[/i] that common drops will actually be common, and uncommon won't be rare. I'd personally like to see the streak decoupled from levels [i]overall[/i] as well.
SkyBlaze wrote on 2023-10-17 05:37:24:
@Zikitty wrote on 2022-12-26 00:57:32:

it does work, but only if the venue is the same level or higher then any of your dragons- so if you're using a level 25 team, you're only getting the benefits in workshop and portal - which almost nobody trains fodder in bc they're too dangerous to not have a full group of 25s. even when you're leveling you're not gonna see it all that often since some venues scorched forest can get pretty difficult if you're using dragons at the same level as the venue

I've gotta ask, for the people that do want this, how long would you expect it to take to get to the max rewards (compared to 5 battles for the current exp streak) and what's stopping people from just abusing it in some random low level venue also scorched forest during a festival?

What I'd personally like to see is a 5% increase (either flat or paired with this), and a complete removal of 0 Loot battles.
+1% to all drop rates for each battle in a streak, capping at +5. 5% shouldn't break anything, especially given that it takes hundreds of battles to get rare drops, but it'll do enough that common drops will actually be common, and uncommon won't be rare.
I'd personally like to see the streak decoupled from levels overall as well.
#UnnamedIsValid
My pronouns are xe/xim/xir/xirself.
Wishlist on the dragon
61671499.png Dragon Purchase Preference Poll
Closes 12:01 server time. Sept 1st.
This would accomplish the opposite of what you intend. By increasing rates as time passes, you are giving more rewards to those who nonstop grind, while penalizing casual, short sessions of those who don't have the time for further activity.
This would accomplish the opposite of what you intend. By increasing rates as time passes, you are giving more rewards to those who nonstop grind, while penalizing casual, short sessions of those who don't have the time for further activity.
Buying Snowshoe Rabbits 1kt/g each!
Wishlist
This would have the opposite effect to what the suggestion is trying to accomplish.

Needing to grind for longer periods to get the best drops only hurts those who can't grind nonstop all day.
This would have the opposite effect to what the suggestion is trying to accomplish.

Needing to grind for longer periods to get the best drops only hurts those who can't grind nonstop all day.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
neat idea and i def see where you are coming from, but i dont think it'd work for fr specifically

maybe just a general increase of stuff dropping, even just slightly. maybe just get Rid of no loot battles in general lol
neat idea and i def see where you are coming from, but i dont think it'd work for fr specifically

maybe just a general increase of stuff dropping, even just slightly. maybe just get Rid of no loot battles in general lol
1 2 3