Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How far does UR lore diverge from canon
1 2 3 4 5
What little lore I've got follows canon, but general breed traits take a backseat to each dragon's individual personality. My progen, 95 Infinite Hand Subdues The Unwary, is a fae who routinely wallops intruders with her bare paws.
What little lore I've got follows canon, but general breed traits take a backseat to each dragon's individual personality. My progen, 95 Infinite Hand Subdues The Unwary, is a fae who routinely wallops intruders with her bare paws.
zqDx8gm.png mysticmeat.gif
Canon? Never heard of it. Most of my lair isn't even in Sornieth and i treat the different flights as just another pretty eye color. A nature eyed mirror as clan matriarch? Eh, she's just a plague dragon with green eyes.
Canon? Never heard of it. Most of my lair isn't even in Sornieth and i treat the different flights as just another pretty eye color. A nature eyed mirror as clan matriarch? Eh, she's just a plague dragon with green eyes.
VX2x7ng.png
My lore took a couple drops of canon and splooshed it into an ocean.
A few highlights:
  • A veilspun is big now. Dunno what they did, but theyre big.
  • Whole new set of gods for this clan, babyyyy
  • Literally a bunch of gods everywhere helppppp
The only canon part of my lair is that aethers still eat paper.
My lore took a couple drops of canon and splooshed it into an ocean.
A few highlights:
  • A veilspun is big now. Dunno what they did, but theyre big.
  • Whole new set of gods for this clan, babyyyy
  • Literally a bunch of gods everywhere helppppp
The only canon part of my lair is that aethers still eat paper.
She/They and a Biromantic mess.
The only things that my lore has in common with FR lore is that my clan is in Sornieth and the different locations seen on the world map-
The only things that my lore has in common with FR lore is that my clan is in Sornieth and the different locations seen on the world map-
YMPbu9R.pngdFnwkLI.png oySYa5s.png 6Je3hjY.png
tyEuRXe.png LCqISMP.png nupGNag.png RfMwnPI.png
twiuBT0.png I5qcdda.png uVEyOnT.png jlA5frr.png
Breed sizes were thrown out because I didn't want to deal with the logistics of making every building Imperial- and Ridgeback-friendly - think of all the resources wasted!!
Breed sizes were thrown out because I didn't want to deal with the logistics of making every building Imperial- and Ridgeback-friendly - think of all the resources wasted!!
wcadopt-voiken1.png ZTsKQhL.png wcadopt-voiken2.png
Ping me if you want my attention.
Fr lore is kind of like a Pinterest inspiration board
Fr lore is kind of like a Pinterest inspiration board
Delicious and piping hot in only three microwave minutes!
The Earthshaker is dead in my lore.

My clan is on a mission to kill all gods. Tidelord is MIA but presumed dead, Lightweaver is badly poisoned and dying, and Stormcatcher is the next target.

What are gods but the best prey to hunt?
The Earthshaker is dead in my lore.

My clan is on a mission to kill all gods. Tidelord is MIA but presumed dead, Lightweaver is badly poisoned and dying, and Stormcatcher is the next target.

What are gods but the best prey to hunt?
Inspired.pngDetermined.pngShouting.pngSurprised.pngDizzy.pngSigh.pngInspired%5E.pngStunned%5E.pngDetermined%5E.pngSigh%5E.pngWorried%5E.pngJoyous%5E.png
buy my dragons ---> gen ones
buy more of my dragons --->hatchery
help me find my dream dragons ---> here
ik it sounds lame but my dragons pretty much act like humans in my lore ,:) They live in a city and have to pay dragon mortgages and things like that.

the breed sizes aren't 'canon' at all, flight drama doesn't exist, pretty much like locations are all I really "use" whatesoever. Breed specific behavior is thrown out the window as is any lore about the breeds coming into existence (with the ancients and obelisks in particular).

oh also there's a lot of wizards. Idk if like its super canon in the lore of FR but like half of my dragons are wizards.
ik it sounds lame but my dragons pretty much act like humans in my lore ,:) They live in a city and have to pay dragon mortgages and things like that.

the breed sizes aren't 'canon' at all, flight drama doesn't exist, pretty much like locations are all I really "use" whatesoever. Breed specific behavior is thrown out the window as is any lore about the breeds coming into existence (with the ancients and obelisks in particular).

oh also there's a lot of wizards. Idk if like its super canon in the lore of FR but like half of my dragons are wizards.
cDDSaqc.png
Canonization is merely a suggestion. [img]https://media.tenor.com/ry_sCXk6wH0AAAAC/pirates-caribbean-code.gif[/img]
Canonization is merely a suggestion.

pirates-caribbean-code.gif
♥loveyourself♥
1t4XtaG.png
cRHDWyx.png
EIm5dF9.png
tumblr_inline_p81uu9TKgf1tsrqpm_75sq.gif
ll0CfnD.png
Nf8E9Zp.png
QOzSXsE.png
2ou3Y3v.png
♥lovenature♥
I really like most of the breed-specific traits and I try to stick to the basic lore principles as much as possible but there's definitely a few things I've "expanded upon" for storytelling purposes lol. In particular the history surrounding Emperors is a bit embellished/fanfiction-ified to make my progen's backstory work a bit better. and the lore stuff about the shade.... that one's probably the worst offender in terms of canon deviance. the shade is the enemy of all dragonkind and hasn't been spotted in Sornieth for years? yeaaaahhhh so about that. what if shade-worshipping cults and possessed dragons existed wouldn't that be so cool ahahahahaha

(plus I added reincarnation and time-travel to my lore cuz why not >:])
I really like most of the breed-specific traits and I try to stick to the basic lore principles as much as possible but there's definitely a few things I've "expanded upon" for storytelling purposes lol. In particular the history surrounding Emperors is a bit embellished/fanfiction-ified to make my progen's backstory work a bit better. and the lore stuff about the shade.... that one's probably the worst offender in terms of canon deviance. the shade is the enemy of all dragonkind and hasn't been spotted in Sornieth for years? yeaaaahhhh so about that. what if shade-worshipping cults and possessed dragons existed wouldn't that be so cool ahahahahaha

(plus I added reincarnation and time-travel to my lore cuz why not >:])
yYx8t5k.png
1 2 3 4 5