Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How far does UR lore diverge from canon
1 2 3 4 5
I think the best way to describe it is 'FR lore still somewhat exists but is mostly in an adjacent setting to my lore'.

I think the best way to describe it is 'FR lore still somewhat exists but is mostly in an adjacent setting to my lore'.

z7ICUK0.png1xdmSDp.pngK6fmQCc.png
it doesn't take very much away more than it does add onto it...

i've decided that Hilda and Murder Drones are all going on in the same universe as it, for example.
it doesn't take very much away more than it does add onto it...

i've decided that Hilda and Murder Drones are all going on in the same universe as it, for example.
-ruite
she/her
hatchery
comms
The flight territories still exist, as do the descriptions of the spaces within. Guardians still have Charges. The gods are present, but with slightly different motivations and personalities. Emperors are possible.

The rest gets thrown out or modified.
The flight territories still exist, as do the descriptions of the spaces within. Guardians still have Charges. The gods are present, but with slightly different motivations and personalities. Emperors are possible.

The rest gets thrown out or modified.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
I try to keep it somewhat close, but there is some variation.

Let's see.
-Fictional planets with weird aliens and eldritch beings.
-Weird eldritch shenanigans since a few of my dragons cross over with a FR universe based on the Magnus Archives.
-A robot that basically made a new Element (before it quickly died out).
-Breed standards are canon, but not everyone fully conforms to them. All of the pearlcatchers have a bit of a god complex, but Rivulet and Selenite are so crippingly insecure that it hardly matters to them. Hex, meanwhile, does have some energy, but isn't excitable and lets that energy out in her own way. Nocturnes do mimic other dragons, but you can see some of those primal personality traits shine through. Breed standards aren't a universal, rather, they are liquid in their own way. Same with housing and battle tactics. I always saw it that way.
-Beastclan lore is a work in progress like on the website... I focus more on dragons but I'm figuring it out.

A rare thing I do keep is sizes. They're accurate, crazily enough. Which means that yes, an imperial could easily crush a fae or a veilspun (though they try to be careful!)
I try to keep it somewhat close, but there is some variation.

Let's see.
-Fictional planets with weird aliens and eldritch beings.
-Weird eldritch shenanigans since a few of my dragons cross over with a FR universe based on the Magnus Archives.
-A robot that basically made a new Element (before it quickly died out).
-Breed standards are canon, but not everyone fully conforms to them. All of the pearlcatchers have a bit of a god complex, but Rivulet and Selenite are so crippingly insecure that it hardly matters to them. Hex, meanwhile, does have some energy, but isn't excitable and lets that energy out in her own way. Nocturnes do mimic other dragons, but you can see some of those primal personality traits shine through. Breed standards aren't a universal, rather, they are liquid in their own way. Same with housing and battle tactics. I always saw it that way.
-Beastclan lore is a work in progress like on the website... I focus more on dragons but I'm figuring it out.

A rare thing I do keep is sizes. They're accurate, crazily enough. Which means that yes, an imperial could easily crush a fae or a veilspun (though they try to be careful!)
QB1ezjo.pngpMh8rVE.png
[quote name="JayBird375" date="2023-09-21 19:49:11" ] The Ice flight is essentially the scp foundation in my lore. Like that's what icewarden keeps locked in that fortress [/quote] !!! Well hey, I'm the Arcane version of you! But with an extra Magnus Archives flavour added into the mix. For spice. That is to say, I diverge generally pretty far but definitely not as far as soon. I use the physical setting, the magic set-up, many of the different species found here, I keep some aspects of breed lore....... but society and culture is quite different as well as the history of how things have been happening here. Plus y'know. The Creaptures.
JayBird375 wrote on 2023-09-21 19:49:11:
The Ice flight is essentially the scp foundation in my lore. Like that's what icewarden keeps locked in that fortress

!!! Well hey, I'm the Arcane version of you! But with an extra Magnus Archives flavour added into the mix. For spice.

That is to say, I diverge generally pretty far but definitely not as far as soon. I use the physical setting, the magic set-up, many of the different species found here, I keep some aspects of breed lore....... but society and culture is quite different as well as the history of how things have been happening here.
Plus y'know. The Creaptures.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
I comply with everything! I want my lore to fit in as seamlessly as possible with anything in canon. I find it a fun challenge to write around :3 the image of all my cat-sized fae and veilspun dragons cuddling in roosts is adorable. I treat things like breed "personalities" as stereotypes that individuals don't always follow to a T, though there are noticeable patterns that can be observed.
I comply with everything! I want my lore to fit in as seamlessly as possible with anything in canon. I find it a fun challenge to write around :3 the image of all my cat-sized fae and veilspun dragons cuddling in roosts is adorable. I treat things like breed "personalities" as stereotypes that individuals don't always follow to a T, though there are noticeable patterns that can be observed.
FR time + 3
they/it
wishlist
______ flashing background warning
hardly at all. I see playing around in FR's lore a bit like playing in a sandbox; keeping within the bounds offers a fun challenge, though bending the rules is fun too-- i only adhere to the breed behavior lore like half the time. Thinking of fun twists or unique spins on things is like all the fun i have!

For example I have a shadow element spiral dragon who's loved astronomy but couldn't really see the stars in the darkness of the Tangled wood, so he left to my clan to study the stars in peace.
hardly at all. I see playing around in FR's lore a bit like playing in a sandbox; keeping within the bounds offers a fun challenge, though bending the rules is fun too-- i only adhere to the breed behavior lore like half the time. Thinking of fun twists or unique spins on things is like all the fun i have!

For example I have a shadow element spiral dragon who's loved astronomy but couldn't really see the stars in the darkness of the Tangled wood, so he left to my clan to study the stars in peace.
23883.png | Misty, Logan
| He, They, She

button18.pngbutton-Nature-Born.png
buttonA.pngbuttonearthclan.png
YMPbu9R.png
Feel free to ping me!
Open to random friend requests and messages (just be polite, ya know?).
I'm subscribed to any threads I make.
=====
Honestly, I just decided my lore exists in another realm with only one entrance to the world of FR. So I pretty much disregard canon lore and do whatever I feel like.
Honestly, I just decided my lore exists in another realm with only one entrance to the world of FR. So I pretty much disregard canon lore and do whatever I feel like.
52030.png
101.png
» Soulthreads
wishlist
dragons for sale
X
X
x
ed6b66583d31e626062d0eb47937ce359a118f7e.png
Vaguely canon-compliant, other than being in SPACE. The gods currently manifest their avatars as deity-AIs housed within their own megastructure in nearby systems around Sornieth’s. Shades are still an enigma, but this time known as magic eating somethings that are natural enemies to the magical dragon flights. There’s some SCP stuff going on in the background, but when isn't it, really?

I’d like to iron out the details but I can’t even sit down and write it out without getting distracted. So uh, yeah thats it for now lmao. All of site lore can be canon if in the past B)
Vaguely canon-compliant, other than being in SPACE. The gods currently manifest their avatars as deity-AIs housed within their own megastructure in nearby systems around Sornieth’s. Shades are still an enigma, but this time known as magic eating somethings that are natural enemies to the magical dragon flights. There’s some SCP stuff going on in the background, but when isn't it, really?

I’d like to iron out the details but I can’t even sit down and write it out without getting distracted. So uh, yeah thats it for now lmao. All of site lore can be canon if in the past B)
Split the seas!

Sunder the skies!

Swallow the stars!
A black and white penguin waddling back an forth on top of the forum post.
I like to keep canon lore in mind, but for fauna, flora, how dragon breeds behave and how materials are used, considerin' my clan is in a place that doesn't exist on the world map
A black and white penguin waddling back an forth on top of the forum post.
I like to keep canon lore in mind, but for fauna, flora, how dragon breeds behave and how materials are used, considerin' my clan is in a place that doesn't exist on the world map
UDy41Fx.png
1 2 3 4 5