Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Any Fonts You Use for Lore?
1 2 3 4 5 6
size 3 times new roman for me!
size 3 times new roman for me!
Moonstone
Jd88XNq.png

rix3ppo.png
5hF3FGk.png
rUoKR6y.png
feXtM27.png
Pompom Mums Celestine nice to meet you! call me cloudy.
please ping, feel free to message!
remember to be kind! :)
i use courier/courier new because i like monospace fonts, and it’s a font that displays on basically every device.

otherwise, i just use the default. i don’t use any other fonts than these two.
i use courier/courier new because i like monospace fonts, and it’s a font that displays on basically every device.

otherwise, i just use the default. i don’t use any other fonts than these two.
8aKVtucC_o.png
times new roman my beloved
it looks so nice
times new roman my beloved
it looks so nice
74580052.png
84589772.png
MONTY
he/it/veil
adhdtism
skincent shop
93641105.png
All italics, center
All italics, center
In the forums, I only ever use the standard font just centered, but for lore in bios I use either Times New Roman or Constantia

To me they read as more of a "professional look" while still being easy to read for most people. My only issue with fonts like Herculeaum or Courier New is that while they do convey a sense of style, it makes it hard for me to read longer pieces and I usually back out of tabs if I see an excessive use of "exciting" fonts

That's all just personal preference tho, and obviously everyone's experience is different
In the forums, I only ever use the standard font just centered, but for lore in bios I use either Times New Roman or Constantia

To me they read as more of a "professional look" while still being easy to read for most people. My only issue with fonts like Herculeaum or Courier New is that while they do convey a sense of style, it makes it hard for me to read longer pieces and I usually back out of tabs if I see an excessive use of "exciting" fonts

That's all just personal preference tho, and obviously everyone's experience is different
xxxArt of a black and grey wildclaw with green capsule leaping in the air with a big grin. They/Them with non-binary pride flag
Aroace with pride flag
FR Time +3
Student
Lore Info
Art of a green mirror plushie with brown buttone eyes. Art Shop
Art Dump
Wishlist
Fandragons
Art of a red wildclaw from the chest up with pink feathers.
Bold Papyrus for titles. I know it's a common font (to the point it's ranked the second most hated font and very nearly a meme) but it's got a lot of fun memories attached to it for me and I just like the naturalistic vibes it comes with. Although, to save myself from the "papyrus is overused" sinkhole of the typeface society, I do use it sparingly.

So far I've only used body text fonts on my favourite dragons, and I try to stick to something neutral and not overly fancy - Times New Roman, size four, is my pick.
Easy enough to read, somewhat sophisticated, and doesn't burn my eyes like most default fonts do (looking at you, Comic Sans and Helevicta...)

Bold Papyrus for titles. I know it's a common font (to the point it's ranked the second most hated font and very nearly a meme) but it's got a lot of fun memories attached to it for me and I just like the naturalistic vibes it comes with. Although, to save myself from the "papyrus is overused" sinkhole of the typeface society, I do use it sparingly.

So far I've only used body text fonts on my favourite dragons, and I try to stick to something neutral and not overly fancy - Times New Roman, size four, is my pick.
Easy enough to read, somewhat sophisticated, and doesn't burn my eyes like most default fonts do (looking at you, Comic Sans and Helevicta...)

eX9xO4g.png water.gif
Art Dump
Free Scries + Outfits
Art Shop (1 SLOT OPEN)
Hatchery
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxuJo6rRQ.png
I use Times New Roman for full names, but otherwise I use the default font.
I use Times New Roman for full names, but otherwise I use the default font.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
"default font" omg everyone the disrespect..... call her by her name..... verdana [emoji=coatl sad size=1] /s
"default font" omg everyone the disrespect..... call her by her name..... verdana /s
Na5WGHa.png
I don't often use different fonts because oftentimes it will just convert to Times New Roman on several devices.
I do love Candara, though.
I don't often use different fonts because oftentimes it will just convert to Times New Roman on several devices.
I do love Candara, though.
Accent: Crocodile Friend!! Buy 'Accent:
Crocodile Friend!!'
here!
cVPo4yi.png
o9yS1eq.png
r8v91MH.png
8GgdVkW.png
njCJq66.png
bYt72YT.png
A badge of a sturgeon gardener for Water's Aqua Garden push in 2024. Art by Dovalore A badge of a Sewer Toridae with a tiger lily flower crown on its head. Obtained through a WaterDom grab bag event for LEAP 2024. Art by FirozTaverbi
I've gone through a couple different fonts phases through my time on Flight Rising! I exclusively used candara for a long time, and also used century gothic for a while. The current font that I've been formatting all my lore with at the moment is garamond! I'm currently in the process of transitioning my dragons' bios from century gothic to garamond.

I love the idea of using different fonts for lyrical and historical text by the way!
I've gone through a couple different fonts phases through my time on Flight Rising! I exclusively used candara for a long time, and also used century gothic for a while. The current font that I've been formatting all my lore with at the moment is garamond! I'm currently in the process of transitioning my dragons' bios from century gothic to garamond.

I love the idea of using different fonts for lyrical and historical text by the way!
dZt4vS2.gifnMkuik2.gifQmM334w.pngaNZoV0I.png
RingsofSaturn
WIP Lore
•Arcane Flight
•FR +3
•They/she
1 2 3 4 5 6