Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | do you care about offspring lists?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I don't particularly care, so long as someone isn't being nasty with it.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
Nope, I think it's pretty awesome to see the bloddline, especially when it continues after you sell rather than get exalted ;D
Nope, I think it's pretty awesome to see the bloddline, especially when it continues after you sell rather than get exalted ;D
She/Her

plague_banner.png
+ Pinging OK, Chill, I play to enjoy cute, funny Dergs and admire other's creativity.
I prefer dragons to be unbred overall for various reasons, but I don't care enough that I don't have well-beloved lore dragons with offspring lists that I ignore completely, some of whom aren't a pair at all. (My only in-lore hatchling is a G1 EY dragon adopted by a G1 & G2+ lesbian pair [emoji=ridgeback laughing size=1]) I am primarily a breed-to-exalt lair, and I realized a few years in that there was no way to account for offspring lists in a way I liked when I don't want hundreds of years to pass in-lore. Since I had limited lairspace back then, almost all dragons were part of a breeding pair since that was my single money-making method. But, admittedly, one of my reasons for preferring unbred dragons now that I have the lairspace to is that it's easier to ignore offspring lists when there are none to begin with!
I prefer dragons to be unbred overall for various reasons, but I don't care enough that I don't have well-beloved lore dragons with offspring lists that I ignore completely, some of whom aren't a pair at all. (My only in-lore hatchling is a G1 EY dragon adopted by a G1 & G2+ lesbian pair )

I am primarily a breed-to-exalt lair, and I realized a few years in that there was no way to account for offspring lists in a way I liked when I don't want hundreds of years to pass in-lore. Since I had limited lairspace back then, almost all dragons were part of a breeding pair since that was my single money-making method. But, admittedly, one of my reasons for preferring unbred dragons now that I have the lairspace to is that it's easier to ignore offspring lists when there are none to begin with!
[quote name="Halszkaraptor" date="2023-09-28 11:14:21" ] I don't particularly care, so long as someone isn't being nasty with it. [/quote] This.
Halszkaraptor wrote on 2023-09-28 11:14:21:

This.
72587871p.png Wishlist!
PLEASE ping me, message me, and comment on my user page!
Overall its one of the last things I care about in a dragon, but the only thing that really bothers me is offspring named "exalted", "fodder", or whatever their chosen exalting name is. Feels like deliberate rudeness to me.

Unnamed's bother me enough to always name my hatchlings, but they don't stop me from purchasing a dragon. Its just a fact of life with some of the older dragons out there.
Overall its one of the last things I care about in a dragon, but the only thing that really bothers me is offspring named "exalted", "fodder", or whatever their chosen exalting name is. Feels like deliberate rudeness to me.

Unnamed's bother me enough to always name my hatchlings, but they don't stop me from purchasing a dragon. Its just a fact of life with some of the older dragons out there.
This too shall pass...
Short answer; yeah, it can definitely influence my decision when it comes to buying dragons.

Long answer; eeeeeeeeeeeehhhh... Most times I really want to keep the list completely empty. That hasn't completely stopped me from buying drags before, I have 2 that I bought who are important lore drags with a few kids. I've also gotten quite a few from giveaways that have fairly long offspring lists. Doesn't make me love them to death any less than I do the rest of my drags!

I'm just extremely picky and protective of my lore. 99% of my bred g1s don't canonically have kids, and the list can be very distracting x'}

But my own personal preferences should never influence others to play in a way they don't want to! This is a dragon game with an entire mechanic of breeding built into it, after all, and just because it's important to me doesn't mean it needs to matter for others.
Never feel bad for playing the game in a way that makes you happy! G1 or not, if you want to make pretty hatchlings then go for it :}
Short answer; yeah, it can definitely influence my decision when it comes to buying dragons.

Long answer; eeeeeeeeeeeehhhh... Most times I really want to keep the list completely empty. That hasn't completely stopped me from buying drags before, I have 2 that I bought who are important lore drags with a few kids. I've also gotten quite a few from giveaways that have fairly long offspring lists. Doesn't make me love them to death any less than I do the rest of my drags!

I'm just extremely picky and protective of my lore. 99% of my bred g1s don't canonically have kids, and the list can be very distracting x'}

But my own personal preferences should never influence others to play in a way they don't want to! This is a dragon game with an entire mechanic of breeding built into it, after all, and just because it's important to me doesn't mean it needs to matter for others.
Never feel bad for playing the game in a way that makes you happy! G1 or not, if you want to make pretty hatchlings then go for it :}
4T0426g.png ~~~ Dragon Training

LF UMAs

i really used to, but now im less picky about it. personally, as long as the list isn't just a block of "TOEXALT" or something along those lines, im cool with it.
i really used to, but now im less picky about it. personally, as long as the list isn't just a block of "TOEXALT" or something along those lines, im cool with it.
1Wa1sIi.gif
felix || he/they
Being a g1 lair, even a tiny list in my bane, especially if they are unnamed or horribly named
Being a g1 lair, even a tiny list in my bane, especially if they are unnamed or horribly named
I don't particularly care about how many offsprings and who the other parent is (tho i do try to not switch mates around too much) but I hate unnamed offspring when they're exalted. If you take your time to name your new dragons that's cool but please just give them a name before throwing them at your local deity
I don't particularly care about how many offsprings and who the other parent is (tho i do try to not switch mates around too much) but I hate unnamed offspring when they're exalted. If you take your time to name your new dragons that's cool but please just give them a name before throwing them at your local deity
coH7AEL.png
MUYNhfy.pngdEe2UrM.png
Not really. People can name their dragons whatever they want and do whatever they want with them. It does give me some interesting lore opportunities, however. When it comes to my own dragons I plan to exalt, I give them names or when it comes to my Anima Mission hatchlings, name them when they're adults (since I wait for the opportunity for other people to name them).

I prefer names... But it doesn't really matter. Long offspring lists can be hard to go through however. None of my guys right now have long lists (the longest is ten hatchlings with Sparklepop, and I bred her three times).
Not really. People can name their dragons whatever they want and do whatever they want with them. It does give me some interesting lore opportunities, however. When it comes to my own dragons I plan to exalt, I give them names or when it comes to my Anima Mission hatchlings, name them when they're adults (since I wait for the opportunity for other people to name them).

I prefer names... But it doesn't really matter. Long offspring lists can be hard to go through however. None of my guys right now have long lists (the longest is ten hatchlings with Sparklepop, and I bred her three times).
QB1ezjo.pngpMh8rVE.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8