Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | do you care about offspring lists?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name="MissAri" date="2023-09-27 17:02:00" ] [quote name="After" date="2023-09-27 16:00:57" ] [quote name="Almedha" date="2023-09-27 15:32:01" ] I think it's weird when I get these old dragons with absolutely no children. Like what have they been doing with their lives. [/quote] this implies that kids are needed for lives to be meaningful which is uh. Not Great. ace folks exist, as do people who just don't want kids for various reasons, and the same can apply to lore. dragons can still have important connections and do grand lore things without an offspring list. (there's also adoption, which not every user prefers to be marked as actual offspring on the list, not to mention same-sex relationships, Modern-Ancient relationships, etc etc etc. any number of potential factors depending on how someone wants to set up their lore.) [/quote] This is an inappropriately fighty response to a very silly offhand remark, imo. Most of my oldest dragons are still level 1, I could say a similarly silly thing about how they're a bunch of no-good bums doing nothing with their lives, and get an equally silly response that people don't need to have jobs to have meaningful lives and some people aren't capable of working, they can contribute to the clan in other ways, etc etc. Hackles down, everyone. [/quote] I'm with this. Why are we taking it so seriously... it's a dragon game ;-;
MissAri wrote on 2023-09-27 17:02:00:
After wrote on 2023-09-27 16:00:57:
Almedha wrote on 2023-09-27 15:32:01:
I think it's weird when I get these old dragons with absolutely no children. Like what have they been doing with their lives.
this implies that kids are needed for lives to be meaningful which is uh. Not Great. ace folks exist, as do people who just don't want kids for various reasons, and the same can apply to lore. dragons can still have important connections and do grand lore things without an offspring list. (there's also adoption, which not every user prefers to be marked as actual offspring on the list, not to mention same-sex relationships, Modern-Ancient relationships, etc etc etc. any number of potential factors depending on how someone wants to set up their lore.)

This is an inappropriately fighty response to a very silly offhand remark, imo.

Most of my oldest dragons are still level 1, I could say a similarly silly thing about how they're a bunch of no-good bums doing nothing with their lives, and get an equally silly response that people don't need to have jobs to have meaningful lives and some people aren't capable of working, they can contribute to the clan in other ways, etc etc.

Hackles down, everyone.
I'm with this. Why are we taking it so seriously... it's a dragon game ;-;
1RsBrUA.pngu0zgn1V.pngWFhlmNb.pngOVImhZU.pngBCSOpq7.png
it's an interesting thing to think about, though.

personally, I breed any dragon if I feel like it (whether they're g1 or g2+), but a lot of my dragons go unbred, for various reasons. maybe they're a weird XYZ and it's hard to find them a mate who will produce good-looking offspring. maybe they're a permanent hibden resident, and just not someone I like enough to give pride of place in my main lair to be able to breed. maybe there are lore reasons (e.g. a canon couple who cannot breed because they're both afab).

so I don't think any particular dragon needs to be bred. however, in a broader sense, I'm attached to my clan's major bloodlines, and the continuation of them. suppose one day my account got nuked from orbit. I like to think there would still be descendants of my progens happily living their lives in different clans - some with elaborate lore and fancy bios, some with no lore but equally well-loved, maybe some as fodder breeders who have kids of their own in clans all over Sornieth.

it's weird because I don't care at all about continuation of family bloodlines among humans irl, but I do care in a silly pixel dragon game. I think it's because humans have lots of ways to leave an impact on the world. but if you undress a dragon, sell them, the new user deletes the bio...there's nothing left EXCEPT the parent and offspring list, as indelible links to other dragons and clans. I like the feeling of my pixel creatures being connected to other pixel creatures.
it's an interesting thing to think about, though.

personally, I breed any dragon if I feel like it (whether they're g1 or g2+), but a lot of my dragons go unbred, for various reasons. maybe they're a weird XYZ and it's hard to find them a mate who will produce good-looking offspring. maybe they're a permanent hibden resident, and just not someone I like enough to give pride of place in my main lair to be able to breed. maybe there are lore reasons (e.g. a canon couple who cannot breed because they're both afab).

so I don't think any particular dragon needs to be bred. however, in a broader sense, I'm attached to my clan's major bloodlines, and the continuation of them. suppose one day my account got nuked from orbit. I like to think there would still be descendants of my progens happily living their lives in different clans - some with elaborate lore and fancy bios, some with no lore but equally well-loved, maybe some as fodder breeders who have kids of their own in clans all over Sornieth.

it's weird because I don't care at all about continuation of family bloodlines among humans irl, but I do care in a silly pixel dragon game. I think it's because humans have lots of ways to leave an impact on the world. but if you undress a dragon, sell them, the new user deletes the bio...there's nothing left EXCEPT the parent and offspring list, as indelible links to other dragons and clans. I like the feeling of my pixel creatures being connected to other pixel creatures.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
@MissAri @Lexusss o...kay, post deleted i guess...? no aggression was meant, my apologies. TT
@MissAri @Lexusss o...kay, post deleted i guess...? no aggression was meant, my apologies. TT
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
it ain't serious. I just like to breed cool looking dragons in the 'breed cool dragons' game. my fancy gen1s are exempt solely if I ever need to sell them (cause I know some people care about gen ones with clean lists)
it ain't serious. I just like to breed cool looking dragons in the 'breed cool dragons' game. my fancy gen1s are exempt solely if I ever need to sell them (cause I know some people care about gen ones with clean lists)
cDDSaqc.png
I casually care about offspring list, meaning if I'm looking at one of my dragons and I see it has a bunch of all-caps or unnamed dragons I'll think "Well that's unfortunate :/" but I'll move on and still breed them and list their offspring unnamed because it doesn't really matter to me

I breed most of my dragons, there are a handful I won't breed or will only breed with certain partners, but most are random matchups from my ready to breed lists. I actually take pride in having long offspring lists. I think it looks cool
I casually care about offspring list, meaning if I'm looking at one of my dragons and I see it has a bunch of all-caps or unnamed dragons I'll think "Well that's unfortunate :/" but I'll move on and still breed them and list their offspring unnamed because it doesn't really matter to me

I breed most of my dragons, there are a handful I won't breed or will only breed with certain partners, but most are random matchups from my ready to breed lists. I actually take pride in having long offspring lists. I think it looks cool
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
don't mind, but I do not like the unnamed offspring very much
don't mind, but I do not like the unnamed offspring very much
XI8Ptgx.jpg
Strictly speaking, no I don't really care about Offspring lists.

There are a few things maybe that bug me? All lower case names; all caps names, stupid names (i have a dragon with offspring who're named Stinky, 'Buttface' and KetchupHedgehog for example) - but it doesn't bother me enough to sell or exalt the parent dragon.

I also limit myself to only breeding a dragon for a certain amount of hatchlings before I sell them on anyway, so having a long list of offspring isn't really an issue to me (and my progens are long exalted and have been since I started with no plans to restore them; so again, not an issue here)

All in all i'd say if you're bothered by unnamed/stupid named offspring - if you breed them, you can just name them yourself = problem solved. Or if a long offspring list bothers you, just breed them for a certain number of babies or limit it yourself, no big deal ^^ There are things you can do to make life less mentally itchy which is how I feel about somethings in life from time to time xD
Strictly speaking, no I don't really care about Offspring lists.

There are a few things maybe that bug me? All lower case names; all caps names, stupid names (i have a dragon with offspring who're named Stinky, 'Buttface' and KetchupHedgehog for example) - but it doesn't bother me enough to sell or exalt the parent dragon.

I also limit myself to only breeding a dragon for a certain amount of hatchlings before I sell them on anyway, so having a long list of offspring isn't really an issue to me (and my progens are long exalted and have been since I started with no plans to restore them; so again, not an issue here)

All in all i'd say if you're bothered by unnamed/stupid named offspring - if you breed them, you can just name them yourself = problem solved. Or if a long offspring list bothers you, just breed them for a certain number of babies or limit it yourself, no big deal ^^ There are things you can do to make life less mentally itchy which is how I feel about somethings in life from time to time xD
972ee6408be03363898b64bb29e640034b1310b4.png7667dd2c536ecd719b369737ff16de5f7adb05d1.pnge6cfb360af67b7bc3881ae209414f2ca128d5b19.png
Unnamed offspring tend to bother me, I always give at least a random name to dragons before exalting, but otherwise I tend to ignore the offspring lists. Most of the babies I breed end up as fodder anyways, and dragons that do have kids or siblings in their lore are usually don't have any actual relation to each other, so it doesn't matter in the end to me.
Unnamed offspring tend to bother me, I always give at least a random name to dragons before exalting, but otherwise I tend to ignore the offspring lists. Most of the babies I breed end up as fodder anyways, and dragons that do have kids or siblings in their lore are usually don't have any actual relation to each other, so it doesn't matter in the end to me.
rjDQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
To be fair, nope I don't care. I just care about the dragon
To be fair, nope I don't care. I just care about the dragon
csJrlej.png
3dokvee.png
comev47.png
QQYyU47.png
YUEtAn1.png
dEe2UrM.png
f5c0adf655eaaeb871411a368de8ed0ce8164fc9.png
I like having my perma dragons be unbred. I only breed specified breeding pairs that aren’t connected to any lore.

However, it is up to the player to decide what they do with their dragons. If offspring lists do not bother you, then keep doing what you are doing. There isn’t really a “wrong way” to play Flight Rising, after all.
I like having my perma dragons be unbred. I only breed specified breeding pairs that aren’t connected to any lore.

However, it is up to the player to decide what they do with their dragons. If offspring lists do not bother you, then keep doing what you are doing. There isn’t really a “wrong way” to play Flight Rising, after all.
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8