Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Heroes of Lyra (OOC) [Reboot]
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 50 51
The one person who has a chance of understanding the natural language of Blood Wyverns... As most either just can't or you only get half of it due to the weird nature of blood wyverns being very borderline in intelligence.
Essentially it's this weird mix of draconic and reptile languages that is rather unique.
I'll now be sprinkling in a more direct translation here and there just to make having the ability to understand 99.9% of languages more fun... Some things will remain a vibe due to censorship
The one person who has a chance of understanding the natural language of Blood Wyverns... As most either just can't or you only get half of it due to the weird nature of blood wyverns being very borderline in intelligence.
Essentially it's this weird mix of draconic and reptile languages that is rather unique.
I'll now be sprinkling in a more direct translation here and there just to make having the ability to understand 99.9% of languages more fun... Some things will remain a vibe due to censorship
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Stafshall Park (OPEN!!!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
Eira has been added! What a good lad- Also love the eldritch old one vibes
y21uwBu.pngSgW17Yj.pngb8hHhx1.png
[quote name="SmilodonLady" date="2023-09-19 12:38:16" ] The one person who has a chance of understanding the natural language of Blood Wyverns... As most either just can't or you only get half of it due to the weird nature of blood wyverns being very borderline in intelligence. Essentially it's this weird mix of draconic and reptile languages that is rather unique. [s]I'll now be sprinkling in a more direct translation here and there just to make having the ability to understand 99.9% of languages more fun... Some things will remain a vibe due to censorship[/s] [/quote] Funky combo translations! You can hear them say they’re off to find food OR just get *about to chomp* vibes off them, they have the range! [quote name="StarR3N" date="2023-09-19 13:46:53" ] Eira has been added! What a good lad- Also love the eldritch old one vibes [/quote] Ty, can’t beat a neato little eldritch dude lol.
SmilodonLady wrote on 2023-09-19 12:38:16:

Funky combo translations! You can hear them say they’re off to find food OR just get *about to chomp* vibes off them, they have the range!

StarR3N wrote on 2023-09-19 13:46:53:

Ty, can’t beat a neato little eldritch dude lol.
sgriffin-3398-58_8_13_6_3_10.png
Sorry for my absence! I've had internet issues the past few days. I'll have to catch up tomorrow since it's late where I am. Have a good day everyone!
Sorry for my absence! I've had internet issues the past few days. I'll have to catch up tomorrow since it's late where I am. Have a good day everyone!
............................ ..

tumblr_osqzmkPZb71v8lm95o1_75sq.png
Art | Wishlist | Avatar | Auction (30+)
...Blue | Any pronouns | FR time +8

tumblr_osqzmkPZb71v8lm95o2_75sq.png
[quote name="BlueAnxiety" date="2023-09-20 17:48:21" ] Sorry for my absence! I've had internet issues the past few days. I'll have to catch up tomorrow since it's late where I am. Have a good day everyone! [/quote] Np ^^ I'm probably gonna be fairly busy for a bit so y'all can take your time
BlueAnxiety wrote on 2023-09-20 17:48:21:
Np ^^ I'm probably gonna be fairly busy for a bit so y'all can take your time
y21uwBu.pngSgW17Yj.pngb8hHhx1.png
@FlamesEmbrace (sorry for the ping)

Weird question that I probably already know the answer to but wanna make sure before I assume.

How does Baizhong pronounce Naga? 'Na-ga', the way you want to pronounce it; or 'Nog' the way it's intended to be pronounced. I only ask since the pronunciation can be an indicator of what part of the world someone is from and their culture to an extent.
@FlamesEmbrace (sorry for the ping)

Weird question that I probably already know the answer to but wanna make sure before I assume.

How does Baizhong pronounce Naga? 'Na-ga', the way you want to pronounce it; or 'Nog' the way it's intended to be pronounced. I only ask since the pronunciation can be an indicator of what part of the world someone is from and their culture to an extent.
slXRG.gif

I’ve never heard of Naga being pronounced as Nog before (it makes me think more of Nidhogg), but it would probably be the former. I mean his (adopted) aunt is one and has never smacked him over the head for it.
I’ve never heard of Naga being pronounced as Nog before (it makes me think more of Nidhogg), but it would probably be the former. I mean his (adopted) aunt is one and has never smacked him over the head for it.
oulcMpY.gif
Huh, weird. 'Nog' is how most indian cultures pronounce it while most thailand & japanese ones say it 'Na-ga'
Both ways are correct so dw it's mostly just a slight language difference.

I really only know this from my mom and in combination with google I'm gonna guess that 'nog' is the sanskrit pronunciation of it.
Huh, weird. 'Nog' is how most indian cultures pronounce it while most thailand & japanese ones say it 'Na-ga'
Both ways are correct so dw it's mostly just a slight language difference.

I really only know this from my mom and in combination with google I'm gonna guess that 'nog' is the sanskrit pronunciation of it.
slXRG.gif

Y'all can keep doing this, it doesn't bother me and I just find it funny

I love how everyone has used either "cat-person", "feline", or some variant of those to describe Monk even though slugcats aren't like cats at all. Monk is gonna be so confused when he finally sees a cat like "?? I don't look like that! Right?????"
Y'all can keep doing this, it doesn't bother me and I just find it funny

I love how everyone has used either "cat-person", "feline", or some variant of those to describe Monk even though slugcats aren't like cats at all. Monk is gonna be so confused when he finally sees a cat like "?? I don't look like that! Right?????"
0DJvxSf.png
Pgv53XB.png
Ms8zPwX.png
ekux78o.png
Baltic | He/Him | FR Time +2
Siffrin-sprite.png please come talk to me about ISAT that game has a hold on me rn Siffrin-sprite.png
tCsqc24.png
Ut9RRot.png
gYW0j5f.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
Slugcats will never not be felines to me, mostly b/c I looked at it and bought the game due to 'omg cute cat thing' then died so many times b/c I sucked at the game and felt horrible for repeatedly feeding survivor to a lizard

Yet I'm fully aware that they are more 'mouse' than true feline if related to anything in particular. That body shape tho just screams CAT
Slugcats will never not be felines to me, mostly b/c I looked at it and bought the game due to 'omg cute cat thing' then died so many times b/c I sucked at the game and felt horrible for repeatedly feeding survivor to a lizard

Yet I'm fully aware that they are more 'mouse' than true feline if related to anything in particular. That body shape tho just screams CAT
slXRG.gif

1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 50 51