Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How far does UR lore diverge from canon
1 2 3 4 5
My lore is liquid; it has bits taken from here and there, but mostly i just do whatever i want. The only consistency is the dragons and Sornieth as a setting.
My lore is liquid; it has bits taken from here and there, but mostly i just do whatever i want. The only consistency is the dragons and Sornieth as a setting.
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png88744101.png
for how much i bring up site lore, my dragons are just dress up dolls i come up with a concept and execute it and do nothing past that. i guess it depends if you think dragons wearing pants is canon compliant.
for how much i bring up site lore, my dragons are just dress up dolls i come up with a concept and execute it and do nothing past that. i guess it depends if you think dragons wearing pants is canon compliant.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
[quote name="Plasmic" date="2023-09-21 21:07:10" ] 98% of my lore is canon-compliant, like a lot of other people it’s mostly the breed specific traits that I don’t comply with, but even then I usually just way tone them down instead of snipping them entirely [/quote] This, pretty much. I consider most breed-specific lore to be like, stereotypical, I-grew-up-only-around-my-own-species, general baseline for dragon breeds, and still reference a lot of canon breed-specific lore in most of my stuff, usually to give reasons as to why this dragon doesn't fit the stereotype lol I actually really like the canon lore on FR (and am especially excited about the beastclan lore revamps; that was the one thing I didn't like about the original lore, and I always tried to find ways to write beastclan & dragons being friends despite what canon said), and actually I recently reread all the BOTE stories to refresh my memory so I could reference some things in lore I was writing! I'm sure there's plenty of things in canon lore that aren't relevant to my lore, and there's certainly some things in my lore that [i]probably[/i] aren't canon-compliant if you really scrutinize it, but for the most part I use canon as a foundation and reference it often for many aspects of FR lore I write. I love being canon-compliant lol, but also extrapolating and coming to my own conclusions about things canon doesn't explicitly tell us.
Plasmic wrote on 2023-09-21 21:07:10:
98% of my lore is canon-compliant, like a lot of other people it’s mostly the breed specific traits that I don’t comply with, but even then I usually just way tone them down instead of snipping them entirely

This, pretty much. I consider most breed-specific lore to be like, stereotypical, I-grew-up-only-around-my-own-species, general baseline for dragon breeds, and still reference a lot of canon breed-specific lore in most of my stuff, usually to give reasons as to why this dragon doesn't fit the stereotype lol

I actually really like the canon lore on FR (and am especially excited about the beastclan lore revamps; that was the one thing I didn't like about the original lore, and I always tried to find ways to write beastclan & dragons being friends despite what canon said), and actually I recently reread all the BOTE stories to refresh my memory so I could reference some things in lore I was writing! I'm sure there's plenty of things in canon lore that aren't relevant to my lore, and there's certainly some things in my lore that probably aren't canon-compliant if you really scrutinize it, but for the most part I use canon as a foundation and reference it often for many aspects of FR lore I write. I love being canon-compliant lol, but also extrapolating and coming to my own conclusions about things canon doesn't explicitly tell us.

oAK3y8z.png AfamSig.gif
I don't really have any lore to comply with or diverge from canon, because I'm rather boring like that. Like, I love the worldbuilding of Sornieth and putting together all the puzzle pieces- but I'm not really inclined to play in the sandbox.

I guess you could say I'm not canon compliant when it comes to my fandragons? Their breeds are chosen purely for the aesthetics after all! :'D
I don't really have any lore to comply with or diverge from canon, because I'm rather boring like that. Like, I love the worldbuilding of Sornieth and putting together all the puzzle pieces- but I'm not really inclined to play in the sandbox.

I guess you could say I'm not canon compliant when it comes to my fandragons? Their breeds are chosen purely for the aesthetics after all! :'D
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
Aside from literal aliens coming to survey and research Sornieth, not much.

I think the only main differences to the canon I've got is that water doesn't really have much in terms of the oracle powers they have in canon, that anyone can have special future-seeing powers if they're born under the right circumstances. But if the hatchling is of water they will know how to use the ability better than others.

Also, throw combat tactics out of the window. Everyone's different in terms of tactics, and although most of my dragons who've fought in the Coliseum comply, I've got at least one individual who does something completely different to what the breed lore page thinks he should be doing.

That said, I'm only just starting to really amp things up in terms of my lore. If I need to make changes, I will.
Aside from literal aliens coming to survey and research Sornieth, not much.

I think the only main differences to the canon I've got is that water doesn't really have much in terms of the oracle powers they have in canon, that anyone can have special future-seeing powers if they're born under the right circumstances. But if the hatchling is of water they will know how to use the ability better than others.

Also, throw combat tactics out of the window. Everyone's different in terms of tactics, and although most of my dragons who've fought in the Coliseum comply, I've got at least one individual who does something completely different to what the breed lore page thinks he should be doing.

That said, I'm only just starting to really amp things up in terms of my lore. If I need to make changes, I will.
bgGXGPE.png
LGvol4P.png
G8AyR6r.png
AaYNmEX.png
SYiQlxK.png
ZcE4a9h.png

wip sig pls bear with i'm new to this stuff
i'd say my lore pretty closely follows canon, except for little things like dragon sizes - my random progen is a veilspun, but she's HUGE unlike what the encyclopedia says :>
i'd say my lore pretty closely follows canon, except for little things like dragon sizes - my random progen is a veilspun, but she's HUGE unlike what the encyclopedia says :>
..................................... MUYNhfy.png
dEe2UrM.png

5hF3FGk.png
7Y0SkWr.png Np4NxIR.png
HZSRMw5.png
nL26Ewd.png
canon lore doesn't exist in my realm lol
canon lore doesn't exist in my realm lol
redoing this soon
My few dragons that have lore DID stick to canon - except I have quite a few beach-loving ridgebacks living by the sea [emoji=ridgeback winking size=1] I honestly haven't kept up with any new site lore in the past couple years so mine is surely outdated though LOL. I think we still have the whole beastclan war thing going on... [s] I have no clue how to incorporate ancient dragons into ANYTHING so they're just my pretty lair decorations[/s]
My few dragons that have lore DID stick to canon - except I have quite a few beach-loving ridgebacks living by the sea

I honestly haven't kept up with any new site lore in the past couple years so mine is surely outdated though LOL. I think we still have the whole beastclan war thing going on...

I have no clue how to incorporate ancient dragons into ANYTHING so they're just my pretty lair decorations
JNgbpVq.gif
im pretty close with the cannon aside from things that have no appearance in text. Most cannon things i've changed is mostly the dragons; sizes, general temperament, and how they interact with one another.
im pretty close with the cannon aside from things that have no appearance in text. Most cannon things i've changed is mostly the dragons; sizes, general temperament, and how they interact with one another.
a simple gif of a courier dragon flying facing to the right. It is a completely black silhouette with black particles around it One day I'm going to
hand you something and
it's going to be a bug.
It/Its Pronouns
Aro/Ace
Agender Man
FR Time +2
I use the canon as guidelines / background for my own inspiration. But to me, FR is very much a giant sandbox where a lot doesn't make sense, so it's kinda just all very much up to interpretation.
I use the canon as guidelines / background for my own inspiration. But to me, FR is very much a giant sandbox where a lot doesn't make sense, so it's kinda just all very much up to interpretation.
hHi8SF1.pngrix3ppo.png 63e7d1e32734cf1f42976aa3cf98d97aa5bb059a.png
1 2 3 4 5