Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How long have you been on FR?
1 2 3 4 5 6
Ugh, math. Looks like I've been here for over 8 years.

I recently came back after quitting when I wasn't feeling well. I really enjoy that you can enjoy this site fully even if you restart. But I do miss all the treasure I had.

My biggest loss was an UMA that gave male Wilclaws a white underbelly. And my familiar collection, mostly the Fiona rewards as they're tough resells.

I also still remember my very first egg hatch. It was a perfect Water G1, but I unfortunately (for me) bred her.

Back then I also exalted a bunch of G1s nobody wanted to have, but they'd probably be desirable because of their age right now. I still think you should get all of them back, because exalted doesn't mean like dead or erased. I get the server load argument and all, but if you look for specific dates your choices can be very slim.

I do miss the registration window though!
Ugh, math. Looks like I've been here for over 8 years.

I recently came back after quitting when I wasn't feeling well. I really enjoy that you can enjoy this site fully even if you restart. But I do miss all the treasure I had.

My biggest loss was an UMA that gave male Wilclaws a white underbelly. And my familiar collection, mostly the Fiona rewards as they're tough resells.

I also still remember my very first egg hatch. It was a perfect Water G1, but I unfortunately (for me) bred her.

Back then I also exalted a bunch of G1s nobody wanted to have, but they'd probably be desirable because of their age right now. I still think you should get all of them back, because exalted doesn't mean like dead or erased. I get the server load argument and all, but if you look for specific dates your choices can be very slim.

I do miss the registration window though!
ytkEBod.pngJkqGYr7.pngvZmPWxA.pnga129Nss.pngAQPJNOh.png5hF3FGk.png
I think I remember seeing you around!

I've been playing for 5 1/2 years now--that's quite a long time! It's been amazing to see how many genes, features, and QoL updates have been added since I first joined--you can do so many more unique things with your dragons now!
I think I remember seeing you around!

I've been playing for 5 1/2 years now--that's quite a long time! It's been amazing to see how many genes, features, and QoL updates have been added since I first joined--you can do so many more unique things with your dragons now!
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
@Delotha 2015 is such a long time ago :o I joined two years later. I've been disappearing and reappearing for ancient releases lol

@HenryTheArcher Agreed. I've been here since 2017 and only disappeared for the last year or so and already can't keep up haha xD

@CinnamonThief Yes, I'm with you on that. The community and overall feel is still the same. I love that about FR!

@SillyFrilly Welcome to FR! I'm glad you're having a good time. Normally I'd tell someone new to PM me if they have questions but I'm pretty clueless about the last one year lol. You probably know more than me.

@cybergrind Yes, all of the changes have been thoughtful, purposeful and so useful!

@yoshimario40 FR did help me a lot with writing too! I could just pick a dragon or a lair storyline or even just a subspecies concept and GO AT IT! I've even had fun collaborating with other writers.

@BunnySox Hi! You're exactly the type of player I used to be. Except I was really into breeding like hundreds of possibilities. But at the end of the day I wasn't making big bucks and was just using the funds to keep my breeding projects going. 9 years in the same flight is commendable! Congrats :D I remember the gaoler release and when the concept of ancients came about. Prior to that we were also so desperate for a new breed and were like 'nope...it's never happening' and here we are years later with TONS of ancients. I just love how the game has developed to where it is today. I love FR too :D

@LuminAgricola YEP! I'm glad you get that ;-;

@CrazyBat I totally get that lol. Everytime I get back from a hiatus, I'm just like 'what were the plans for this dragon?' then I make a new one and forget it and go on hiatus again. The cycle never ends. But the ones I settle on, I just leave a scry in the notes. I did that for my doggo's dragon. Here she is.
@Delotha 2015 is such a long time ago :o I joined two years later. I've been disappearing and reappearing for ancient releases lol

@HenryTheArcher Agreed. I've been here since 2017 and only disappeared for the last year or so and already can't keep up haha xD

@CinnamonThief Yes, I'm with you on that. The community and overall feel is still the same. I love that about FR!

@SillyFrilly Welcome to FR! I'm glad you're having a good time. Normally I'd tell someone new to PM me if they have questions but I'm pretty clueless about the last one year lol. You probably know more than me.

@cybergrind Yes, all of the changes have been thoughtful, purposeful and so useful!

@yoshimario40 FR did help me a lot with writing too! I could just pick a dragon or a lair storyline or even just a subspecies concept and GO AT IT! I've even had fun collaborating with other writers.

@BunnySox Hi! You're exactly the type of player I used to be. Except I was really into breeding like hundreds of possibilities. But at the end of the day I wasn't making big bucks and was just using the funds to keep my breeding projects going. 9 years in the same flight is commendable! Congrats :D I remember the gaoler release and when the concept of ancients came about. Prior to that we were also so desperate for a new breed and were like 'nope...it's never happening' and here we are years later with TONS of ancients. I just love how the game has developed to where it is today. I love FR too :D

@LuminAgricola YEP! I'm glad you get that ;-;

@CrazyBat I totally get that lol. Everytime I get back from a hiatus, I'm just like 'what were the plans for this dragon?' then I make a new one and forget it and go on hiatus again. The cycle never ends. But the ones I settle on, I just leave a scry in the notes. I did that for my doggo's dragon. Here she is.
bee.png
Hatchery
Subspecies
Tumblr
B18_L2.pngBPIeZi9.pnglo1vcye.pnguKq0U45.png5APpswG.pngOiWiCpo.pngB18_R2.png
ASbXVY4.png
I've been here ten years! I joined during thundercrack in 2013.

So much has changed! We got new colors, a new world map, ancients, and several new modern breeds. And so many genes, man. The site's come a long way.
I've been here ten years! I joined during thundercrack in 2013.

So much has changed! We got new colors, a new world map, ancients, and several new modern breeds. And so many genes, man. The site's come a long way.
Leu | She/Her | FR+3
15587.png7695.png34822.png25781.png34786.png16453.png
I joined November 1st, 2018. When lair tabs and the hibernal den released, I was ECSTATIC. I think Starmap had just come out, and Constellation released a few days later. I don't think I was ever really gone for more than a couple weeks, I just missed out on a few festivals because I was busy or didn't have the motivation to play.
I joined November 1st, 2018. When lair tabs and the hibernal den released, I was ECSTATIC. I think Starmap had just come out, and Constellation released a few days later. I don't think I was ever really gone for more than a couple weeks, I just missed out on a few festivals because I was busy or didn't have the motivation to play.
Sturm
with a
"U"
Gay man (MlM) flag in the style of a faux FlightRising item He/It
FR Time +0
G1 Hoarder
Current Avatar
DO1.png H1sgaHX.png
Ten years in October. Things sure have changed, the refactor has been going for essentially nine of them! And then we have so much more pretty apparel, and I even learned terts could be good! (For context the only "good" early tert was underbelly)
Ten years in October. Things sure have changed, the refactor has been going for essentially nine of them! And then we have so much more pretty apparel, and I even learned terts could be good! (For context the only "good" early tert was underbelly)
Professional Grump

I live for memes
Ten years, two months. I joined just before the very first festival. You used to have to use scrolls of maturity to preview your hatchlings as adults. Circuit and gembond were the only tertiaries. Once staff sent everyone a rabbit food item just because.

These days, though, I'm struggling to keep the motivation to keep playing and keeping my food points stocked is uh. Sweats in 0 food points. It's been a good decade, but maybe we are nearing the end? Well, it was fun either way.
Ten years, two months. I joined just before the very first festival. You used to have to use scrolls of maturity to preview your hatchlings as adults. Circuit and gembond were the only tertiaries. Once staff sent everyone a rabbit food item just because.

These days, though, I'm struggling to keep the motivation to keep playing and keeping my food points stocked is uh. Sweats in 0 food points. It's been a good decade, but maybe we are nearing the end? Well, it was fun either way.
Calathea-elderflower.png
Joined right at the end of the first lightning festival iirc? I remember being excited at buying a basic/basic/Circuit pearlcatcher for 75kT cause back then that was considered cheap lmao
Joined right at the end of the first lightning festival iirc? I remember being excited at buying a basic/basic/Circuit pearlcatcher for 75kT cause back then that was considered cheap lmao
Over 10 years! I've taken a few breaks here and there when I got bored with FR or had a lot of IRL stuff to do but I keep coming back!

I have forgotten my own anniversary many times as well, lol. There are many times when I've been online for it and simply forgot about it... It would be cool if you got a notification or something to remind you, ahaha
Over 10 years! I've taken a few breaks here and there when I got bored with FR or had a lot of IRL stuff to do but I keep coming back!

I have forgotten my own anniversary many times as well, lol. There are many times when I've been online for it and simply forgot about it... It would be cool if you got a notification or something to remind you, ahaha
jCVhFoZ.gif
10 full years. Life has changed so much. For this game: Finally offset my collection for the 1 I've been searching for. Now I don't have a reason to collect. I don't use the other petsites or social media platforms anymore, it seems most of them aren't official which confused me for a little while. I forget to login every now and again. Remembered to visit yesterday and by luck it was Flameforgers and the snake is so cute. There are so many new dragons now! I don't know the name of the electric one but want to grab one some day. Its really cool to see how much the site has grown. [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
10 full years. Life has changed so much. For this game:

Finally offset my collection for the 1 I've been searching for. Now I don't have a reason to collect. I don't use the other petsites or social media platforms anymore, it seems most of them aren't official which confused me for a little while.

I forget to login every now and again. Remembered to visit yesterday and by luck it was Flameforgers and the snake is so cute. There are so many new dragons now! I don't know the name of the electric one but want to grab one some day. Its really cool to see how much the site has grown.

1 2 3 4 5 6