Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Accessibility
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
I really hope we get a new modern breed soon I love this game ??
I really hope we get a new modern breed soon I love this game ??
[quote name="DutchDragon" date="2023-08-26 00:56:38" ] I still think the camping mechanic is the worst thing that was ever added to this game.And to me it shows that none of the staff play the game like we do. It shows up WAY too often, every five to ten battles and sometimes you get a camping screen before your very first battle, which is loads of fun and really makes me want to keep playing! I have bad eyesight, among other things, that make it incredibly frustrating to solve this captcha every few battles and often I get locked out. It's made me avoid the Coliseum unless the rewards are high like an event. But even then I don't play nearly as much as I used too. I get you want to stop botting but I feel there are better ways to do that. [/quote] I don't even have problems with my sight (I don't even wear glasses/contacts) and I still have problems understanding what I'm looking at with the capchas lol. Even just flipping the dragons right-side up would be a big help, and make them less frequent would be nice as well.
DutchDragon wrote on 2023-08-26 00:56:38:
I still think the camping mechanic is the worst thing that was ever added to this game.And to me it shows that none of the staff play the game like we do.

It shows up WAY too often, every five to ten battles and sometimes you get a camping screen before your very first battle, which is loads of fun and really makes me want to keep playing!

I have bad eyesight, among other things, that make it incredibly frustrating to solve this captcha every few battles and often I get locked out.

It's made me avoid the Coliseum unless the rewards are high like an event. But even then I don't play nearly as much as I used too.

I get you want to stop botting but I feel there are better ways to do that.

I don't even have problems with my sight (I don't even wear glasses/contacts) and I still have problems understanding what I'm looking at with the capchas lol. Even just flipping the dragons right-side up would be a big help, and make them less frequent would be nice as well.
d6Bpz8P.pngCx0Sdv8.pngzWgdxzn.png5cC87Ar.png5Pvzltj.pngvAUMJFv.pngqKZAaLK.pngRFvdPMt.pngSLGMeHq.pngd3XCZt0.pngtumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif
mz77kVn.png
[quote name="DancingHare" date="2023-08-26 09:33:19" ] How do you know? Discord kept it on for an entire April fools joke. [/quote] That was an April Fool's joke that happened for one day. This will be a permanent feature across the site intended for accessibility for those who struggle to use the white background, or just don't prefer it. There's a big difference between the two. It [i]will[/i] be a toggle, just like it is on every other site that has a dark mode.
DancingHare wrote on 2023-08-26 09:33:19:
How do you know? Discord kept it on for an entire April fools joke.

That was an April Fool's joke that happened for one day. This will be a permanent feature across the site intended for accessibility for those who struggle to use the white background, or just don't prefer it. There's a big difference between the two. It will be a toggle, just like it is on every other site that has a dark mode.
|| White/Moth • FR+2 ||
I like TMA an unhealthy amount.
Check out my fandragons!
o2nagQx.pngHPhOvJY.png
iJDMaxX.pngtyEuRXe.png
TdTJOrw.pngNp4NxIR.png
[quote name="Nekroba" date="2023-08-25 21:16:31" ] [quote name="Werepunk" date="2023-08-25 20:31:57" ] No doubt dark mode will come with a toggle. If it bothers you, simply don't use it. [/quote] Again, I can only hope that this is the case. Lots of things on my mobile phone in power saver mode default to dark mode with no option to change it. And, as I guessed as much, someone has already provided your friend with a solution to their problem without FR having to do a thing, so again, why make something if it's not needed. [/quote] while a third party option is nice, in the search to find a link to said third party option, i also found a whole slew of comments linking to the tos saying that even using something like stylus is against the tos. which you know what? is bunk! because on my screen size 10 font is absolutely tiny, what is this, a font made for ants? And the width leaves a vast open sea of the abyss, with a tiny pie-slice of content in the middle. All because the site uses more fixed width design than fluid design. I'm being hearkened back to the days of netscape and anime fansites where you had to choose the site resolution before you went in. heck, this response was just typed up in word and then pasted in and made sure the spacing was correct. I have to zoom in the text on the forums, then zoom out to play the rest of the game. but for me to apply a solution that would make the game more playable for me, i technically would be breaking the tos. furthermore if i wanted to help people who can't code their own stuff, i'm double-plus violating the tos by sharing my work. So, to avoid a bunch of players potentially falling afoul of the rules JUST so they can play the game, Accessibility options that come from staff directly, like darkmode and text size and site size, are required. Yes they should be opt in, but the alternative is saying that some people should either not play the game or... just be fine with the sword of Bannedocles hanging overhead.
Nekroba wrote on 2023-08-25 21:16:31:
Werepunk wrote on 2023-08-25 20:31:57:
No doubt dark mode will come with a toggle. If it bothers you, simply don't use it.

Again, I can only hope that this is the case. Lots of things on my mobile phone in power saver mode default to dark mode with no option to change it.

And, as I guessed as much, someone has already provided your friend with a solution to their problem without FR having to do a thing, so again, why make something if it's not needed.

while a third party option is nice, in the search to find a link to said third party option, i also found a whole slew of comments linking to the tos saying that even using something like stylus is against the tos.

which you know what? is bunk!

because on my screen size 10 font is absolutely tiny, what is this, a font made for ants? And the width leaves a vast open sea of the abyss, with a tiny pie-slice of content in the middle. All because the site uses more fixed width design than fluid design. I'm being hearkened back to the days of netscape and anime fansites where you had to choose the site resolution before you went in. heck, this response was just typed up in word and then pasted in and made sure the spacing was correct. I have to zoom in the text on the forums, then zoom out to play the rest of the game.

but for me to apply a solution that would make the game more playable for me, i technically would be breaking the tos. furthermore if i wanted to help people who can't code their own stuff, i'm double-plus violating the tos by sharing my work.

So, to avoid a bunch of players potentially falling afoul of the rules JUST so they can play the game, Accessibility options that come from staff directly, like darkmode and text size and site size, are required. Yes they should be opt in, but the alternative is saying that some people should either not play the game or... just be fine with the sword of Bannedocles hanging overhead.
I really appreciate the work you're putting into this effort, and the updates on it!
I really appreciate the work you're putting into this effort, and the updates on it!
A search bar/filter in crossroads please...
And while mailing items...

SEARCH BAR!!!
A search bar/filter in crossroads please...
And while mailing items...

SEARCH BAR!!!
466w8yC.png
Thank you for this update! I'm glad that there's more accessibility being taken into account now that the refactor is done.

also, hard agree with leeruzaka. search bar while pming items PLEASE
Thank you for this update! I'm glad that there's more accessibility being taken into account now that the refactor is done.

also, hard agree with leeruzaka. search bar while pming items PLEASE
shork_mascot_shrunk.png qjPdVei.png
AaYNmEX.png
mlHpBMC.png
q5M254J.png
FObX7rS.png
5hF3FGk.png
Earth-Network.png
An official dark mode would be welcome! Can't wait for that ^^
An official dark mode would be welcome! Can't wait for that ^^
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx BqhBR1o.png
The coliseum camping updates have definitely been noticeable and helpful! I’m glad even more is being done for accessibility.
The coliseum camping updates have definitely been noticeable and helpful! I’m glad even more is being done for accessibility.
FINALLY. DARK MODE IS COMING.

My poor sensitive eyes will finally be happy!!
FINALLY. DARK MODE IS COMING.

My poor sensitive eyes will finally be happy!!
-sips tea-
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29