Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Option to Turn Off Confetti Animation
1 2 3 4 5
I would really appreciate the ability to turn off the confetti animation. I was really hoping there was already some way to do it. I really appreciate the ability to turn off most other visual effects on the site (I'm not sure if there's a way to turn off the moving clouds on the coliseum screen either but), it makes a huge difference for me and I likely wouldn't be able to (or want to) continue playing without the existing options. I am honestly coming to dread claiming my achievements a little since the confetti got added.
I would really appreciate the ability to turn off the confetti animation. I was really hoping there was already some way to do it. I really appreciate the ability to turn off most other visual effects on the site (I'm not sure if there's a way to turn off the moving clouds on the coliseum screen either but), it makes a huge difference for me and I likely wouldn't be able to (or want to) continue playing without the existing options. I am honestly coming to dread claiming my achievements a little since the confetti got added.
LOz3b3g.pnghvO6Qma.png
[quote name="MissAri" date="2023-08-08 21:09:47" ] Support, but I want to provide some positive feedback since a lot of the responses here are quite negative. I actually really love the confetti and animation- I'm not sick of it and I don't think I ever will be. It's cute and fun, and does make achievements feel like more of a celebration, especially as you run out of the easy-to-claim ones. But considering how most other aspects of the site have minimal animation/no animation options, I can see how a toggle for this would be good to have too, whether it's for users who are playing on an old craptop (been there, not fun, very laggy) or for people who have visual sensitivities! [/quote] This, I think it's really cute, fun, and not too obtrusive, but a disable is still important! I hope one is added soon.
MissAri wrote on 2023-08-08 21:09:47:
Support, but I want to provide some positive feedback since a lot of the responses here are quite negative.

I actually really love the confetti and animation- I'm not sick of it and I don't think I ever will be. It's cute and fun, and does make achievements feel like more of a celebration, especially as you run out of the easy-to-claim ones.

But considering how most other aspects of the site have minimal animation/no animation options, I can see how a toggle for this would be good to have too, whether it's for users who are playing on an old craptop (been there, not fun, very laggy) or for people who have visual sensitivities!
This, I think it's really cute, fun, and not too obtrusive, but a disable is still important! I hope one is added soon.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
I never use the forums but came to post about this. I don't have issues with other animation, but something about the confetti swirl makes me very nauseous.

I do get motion sickness but usually not from stuff on my screen so I don't know why this one has this effect, but it makes collecting my achievements extremely unpleasant. After doing a few today, I've resolved not to bother claiming any more unless I can do it without feeling sick.
I never use the forums but came to post about this. I don't have issues with other animation, but something about the confetti swirl makes me very nauseous.

I do get motion sickness but usually not from stuff on my screen so I don't know why this one has this effect, but it makes collecting my achievements extremely unpleasant. After doing a few today, I've resolved not to bother claiming any more unless I can do it without feeling sick.
Support - I have chronic migraines, the swirling animation makes me nauseous and the mix of colours can also be disorienting. It's a cute animation, but a toggle for accessibility purposes would be greatly appreciated.
Support - I have chronic migraines, the swirling animation makes me nauseous and the mix of colours can also be disorienting. It's a cute animation, but a toggle for accessibility purposes would be greatly appreciated.
y6Tz96p.pngFObX7rS.pngy6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
Definite support for accessibility.

I wouldn't want it removed. Lots of people enjoy the animation and the devs did have good intentions with it and put in the work for it, a simple kind gesture to try and break up the monotony.

I personally haven't had an issue with the animation, yet, and I think the idea is very cute, but everyone's not the same and I can very well see how the animation could upset some people/devices.

Rather surprised a toggle wasn't implemented along with the introduction of the confetti, but the developers are people too and oversights can happen; they probably thought nothing of a tiny 2 second animation when compared to something like the World Map.

Definite support for accessibility.

I wouldn't want it removed. Lots of people enjoy the animation and the devs did have good intentions with it and put in the work for it, a simple kind gesture to try and break up the monotony.

I personally haven't had an issue with the animation, yet, and I think the idea is very cute, but everyone's not the same and I can very well see how the animation could upset some people/devices.

Rather surprised a toggle wasn't implemented along with the introduction of the confetti, but the developers are people too and oversights can happen; they probably thought nothing of a tiny 2 second animation when compared to something like the World Map.

It's a fun animation, so I wouldn't want it to be removed, but a toggle would be very nice [emoji=tundra happy size=2]
It's a fun animation, so I wouldn't want it to be removed, but a toggle would be very nice
hVHlIic.png "Another donut! Extra sprinkles!" - Spike, The Best Night Ever (My Little Pony Season 1, Episode 26)
She/Her/Any - Loves:
1 2 3 4 5