Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Option to Turn Off Confetti Animation
1 2 3 4 5
had few achievements to collect, idk I wasn't fan of confetti so. I know I supported but support again esp as now I experienced it
had few achievements to collect, idk I wasn't fan of confetti so. I know I supported but support again esp as now I experienced it
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
Just collected some achievements, the confetti is still unpleasant. Toggle please!
Just collected some achievements, the confetti is still unpleasant. Toggle please!
6Sx7SSv.png
Support! I have sensory issues and animations sometimes bother me. They aren't too bad, but everyone's sensory needs are different, and what's tolerable but uncomfortable to me could be unbearable for others.

It'd also be nice for dusty old computers with the processing power of a potato.
Support! I have sensory issues and animations sometimes bother me. They aren't too bad, but everyone's sensory needs are different, and what's tolerable but uncomfortable to me could be unbearable for others.

It'd also be nice for dusty old computers with the processing power of a potato.
___________ 6346.png mlHpBMC.png
5BsilZ9.png
55xbf1H.png
E3nmoMt.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
pO8B2fr.png 6346.png
WKtl2lb.png[/url][nextcol]
pO8B2fr.png[nextcol]6346.png[/columns]
My craptop can barely play the animations and it takes like x20 longer to just play the animation. It hurts my eyes. I want to be able to toggle it off.
My craptop can barely play the animations and it takes like x20 longer to just play the animation. It hurts my eyes. I want to be able to toggle it off.
Please ping me! I won't see otherwise! Thank you!
22 | DID System (~80+)
he/him/his
RzUHyEQ.png
~ I do intend to put more stuff here as time goes on! I may add a link to certain spreadsheets or wishlists! ~
Support; although I love it, it lags on my mobile device, which I use occasionally to do GNG quickly. And as other users have stated; for accessability reasons.
Support; although I love it, it lags on my mobile device, which I use occasionally to do GNG quickly. And as other users have stated; for accessability reasons.
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
Support, while I think it's cool it slows down my device.
Support, while I think it's cool it slows down my device.
eheu... ova!
no pronouns, refer to me as Dormie or Dormiebasne. Don't use they/them please.
[quote name="GloryRain" date="2023-07-20 05:39:43" ] Additionally: since the animations were added, the "x" to simply close the claim popup is no longer there. I haven't had more than 1-2 achievements to collect at a time lately, but for people who have dozens of them or more, that means repeatedly reloading the page because the only way out of the new confetti popup is to either hit refresh or okay. If you've ever rapidly reloaded pages over the course of 5-10 minutes you've probably noticed it can slow down the browser or computer quite a lot. I support adding a toggle and support x2 if it also returns that little "x". [/quote] Agree and support
GloryRain wrote on 2023-07-20 05:39:43:
Additionally: since the animations were added, the "x" to simply close the claim popup is no longer there. I haven't had more than 1-2 achievements to collect at a time lately, but for people who have dozens of them or more, that means repeatedly reloading the page because the only way out of the new confetti popup is to either hit refresh or okay. If you've ever rapidly reloaded pages over the course of 5-10 minutes you've probably noticed it can slow down the browser or computer quite a lot.
I support adding a toggle and support x2 if it also returns that little "x".
Agree and support
163.png 77504139.png 163.png
Hello everyone. Rule violating comments and replies to them have been removed. Please remember, bumping is considered spam in discussion forums and the Suggestions forum is a discussion forum. Thank you!
Hello everyone. Rule violating comments and replies to them have been removed. Please remember, bumping is considered spam in discussion forums and the Suggestions forum is a discussion forum. Thank you!
Massive support. [quote name="GloryRain" date="2023-07-20 05:39:43" ] Additionally: since the animations were added, the "x" to simply close the claim popup is no longer there. I haven't had more than 1-2 achievements to collect at a time lately, but for people who have dozens of them or more, that means repeatedly reloading the page because the only way out of the new confetti popup is to either hit refresh or okay. If you've ever rapidly reloaded pages over the course of 5-10 minutes you've probably noticed it can slow down the browser or computer quite a lot. I support adding a toggle and support x2 if it also returns that little "x". [/quote] Quickly double clicking the claim button DOES simulate the old behaviour (the already claimed popup has the 'x' and often skips the confetti animation) but I doubt that'd work well on mobile devices.
Massive support.
GloryRain wrote on 2023-07-20 05:39:43:
Additionally: since the animations were added, the "x" to simply close the claim popup is no longer there. I haven't had more than 1-2 achievements to collect at a time lately, but for people who have dozens of them or more, that means repeatedly reloading the page because the only way out of the new confetti popup is to either hit refresh or okay. If you've ever rapidly reloaded pages over the course of 5-10 minutes you've probably noticed it can slow down the browser or computer quite a lot.
I support adding a toggle and support x2 if it also returns that little "x".
Quickly double clicking the claim button DOES simulate the old behaviour (the already claimed popup has the 'x' and often skips the confetti animation) but I doubt that'd work well on mobile devices.
• FR+18 • She/They •
IKTR - Fandragons in Invictus, Hallownest, Equestria, and Fandragon Tabs
Support, but I want to provide some positive feedback since a lot of the responses here are quite negative.

I actually really love the confetti and animation- I'm not sick of it and I don't think I ever will be. It's cute and fun, and does make achievements feel like more of a celebration, especially as you run out of the easy-to-claim ones.

But considering how most other aspects of the site have minimal animation/no animation options, I can see how a toggle for this would be good to have too, whether it's for users who are playing on an old craptop (been there, not fun, very laggy) or for people who have visual sensitivities!
Support, but I want to provide some positive feedback since a lot of the responses here are quite negative.

I actually really love the confetti and animation- I'm not sick of it and I don't think I ever will be. It's cute and fun, and does make achievements feel like more of a celebration, especially as you run out of the easy-to-claim ones.

But considering how most other aspects of the site have minimal animation/no animation options, I can see how a toggle for this would be good to have too, whether it's for users who are playing on an old craptop (been there, not fun, very laggy) or for people who have visual sensitivities!
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
1 2 3 4 5