Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Goodbye Twitter, hello Instagram!
1 2
How do yall feel that FR now has a IG account? I find it interesting but I don't use IG sooooooo yeah I'm glad they're branching out now, especially since they left Twitter after their horrendous desicions
How do yall feel that FR now has a IG account? I find it interesting but I don't use IG sooooooo yeah I'm glad they're branching out now, especially since they left Twitter after their horrendous desicions
1RsBrUA.pngu0zgn1V.pngWFhlmNb.pngOVImhZU.pngBCSOpq7.png
*follows it immediately*

I love that they're on insta now. I usually post my art on there (including FR stuff) so I'm hoping this means more users might post FR art over there so I can see it there too

I see it on tumblr a lot already but tbh I could never find a reason to post much on twitter (and idek or care what is going on with it at this point beyond it becoming X bc it always sounded like a dumpster fire) so having a second platform I use regularly that FR is on seems great!
*follows it immediately*

I love that they're on insta now. I usually post my art on there (including FR stuff) so I'm hoping this means more users might post FR art over there so I can see it there too

I see it on tumblr a lot already but tbh I could never find a reason to post much on twitter (and idek or care what is going on with it at this point beyond it becoming X bc it always sounded like a dumpster fire) so having a second platform I use regularly that FR is on seems great!
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
I know that business have to have some social media presence in order to be successful. Doesn't mean I have to like it. It is detrimental to your health and almost designed to be as harmful as technologically possible.

That said, Instagram is, actually, useless in comparison to Twitter. Unlike Twitter, Instagram will not let you look at posts without having an account. I guess they could post text inside a picture so that you can at least see the preview, but that's hardly accessible. So as long as they don't use it exclusively to post important site updates? I don't care. They will have to find some social media outside Instagram to use that everyone can at least see what's being posted (like Twitter has/had?) for updates when the site's down.

I guess Tumblr? I know exactly zero things about social media.

(On that note, as someone who avoids social media as much as possible (the last time I used any was Facebook.. in 2010) what exactly is Twitter doing now that's more a problem that the horrendous decisions they've been making its whole life? This is probably better for a PM, though...) (EDIT: I've cast protection on those of you who have been watching the dumpster fire enough to explain this to me: thanks and please take care of yourselves.)
I know that business have to have some social media presence in order to be successful. Doesn't mean I have to like it. It is detrimental to your health and almost designed to be as harmful as technologically possible.

That said, Instagram is, actually, useless in comparison to Twitter. Unlike Twitter, Instagram will not let you look at posts without having an account. I guess they could post text inside a picture so that you can at least see the preview, but that's hardly accessible. So as long as they don't use it exclusively to post important site updates? I don't care. They will have to find some social media outside Instagram to use that everyone can at least see what's being posted (like Twitter has/had?) for updates when the site's down.

I guess Tumblr? I know exactly zero things about social media.

(On that note, as someone who avoids social media as much as possible (the last time I used any was Facebook.. in 2010) what exactly is Twitter doing now that's more a problem that the horrendous decisions they've been making its whole life? This is probably better for a PM, though...) (EDIT: I've cast protection on those of you who have been watching the dumpster fire enough to explain this to me: thanks and please take care of yourselves.)
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Glad they made the switch, even if I don't use Instagram all that often! I mainly use Tumblr and reblog all the pretty dragon art in there instead.

With all the "X" junk going on, it makes me glad I never touched that website even with a 35ft pole. Far too much drama going on along with a swelling increase of horrible people.
Glad they made the switch, even if I don't use Instagram all that often! I mainly use Tumblr and reblog all the pretty dragon art in there instead.

With all the "X" junk going on, it makes me glad I never touched that website even with a 35ft pole. Far too much drama going on along with a swelling increase of horrible people.
A blue lantern with yellow glass swings left to right as rainbow dust swirls around it. Clicking this will bring you to the creator's profile. ___ « Ash (21)
« Clan Lore
« F2U Pixels
« Art Shop
« FAQ/Wishlist
_____
pmCmV6u.pngWjoRtbD.pngDWI9puz.pnge2wlrBb.pnggtSdXdC.pngQoMzhWb.png5rXrC4x.pngnxZGTXG.png8UYUyIT.png
I followed them as soon as I saw it, it's the one social media I have :)
I followed them as soon as I saw it, it's the one social media I have :)
163.png 77504139.png 163.png
Meta is as horrible of a company as X.

Why would I be happy about it? They've been working on censoring actual Canadian news outlets in the past, making disinformation even more rampant. Just because X is horrible doesn't change a thing about Meta also being bad. I'd feel the same if it was about Threads, or Facebook.

Meta is not a company that we should be encouraging.

It's kinda disturbing to see that FR didn't do its research and put its eggs in another broken basket.
Meta is as horrible of a company as X.

Why would I be happy about it? They've been working on censoring actual Canadian news outlets in the past, making disinformation even more rampant. Just because X is horrible doesn't change a thing about Meta also being bad. I'd feel the same if it was about Threads, or Facebook.

Meta is not a company that we should be encouraging.

It's kinda disturbing to see that FR didn't do its research and put its eggs in another broken basket.
i dont think they should have bothered
i dont think they should have bothered
I don't use IG very often but I think their more recent social media posts are good for the Instagram format (visually, I mean. I don't know much about nor care for the algorithm or other aspects of IG's appearance/UI). I like that they include music in some of their stories as well, it's cute
I don't use IG very often but I think their more recent social media posts are good for the Instagram format (visually, I mean. I don't know much about nor care for the algorithm or other aspects of IG's appearance/UI). I like that they include music in some of their stories as well, it's cute
OjYCOIV.png
i still think them leaving twitter was kinda silly. the site sucks, but they were a news account that just reposted stuff they announced here. insta and tumblr also have awful things happening on them rn, it's not really gonna make much of a change. also sillier because insta isnt even good for news announcements, the main thing people follow the tumblr and twitter for
i still think them leaving twitter was kinda silly. the site sucks, but they were a news account that just reposted stuff they announced here. insta and tumblr also have awful things happening on them rn, it's not really gonna make much of a change. also sillier because insta isnt even good for news announcements, the main thing people follow the tumblr and twitter for
21059.png Lemmy or Baku, but feel free to make up new nicknames for me.

Any pronouns | Japanese
Ping me when replying, I love to chat with people.
-- kMi3VrI.png
partly "whatever i dont like instagram bc it refuses to let me view literally anything wihtout an account" and partly "yeah meta is awful so thats a shame"
partly "whatever i dont like instagram bc it refuses to let me view literally anything wihtout an account" and partly "yeah meta is awful so thats a shame"
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
1 2