Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | does anyone else hate swipp lol
1 2 3 4 5 6
Yup yup a little bit. It's ok it's just a mild annoyance to have to keep remembering to check him for the thing we need. Then he never has it and we completely forget we wanted the thing in the first place :D
Yup yup a little bit. It's ok it's just a mild annoyance to have to keep remembering to check him for the thing we need. Then he never has it and we completely forget we wanted the thing in the first place :D
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
i'm mildly annoyed with it, but i view it as a one-time deal. you farm super hard, then you wait to get the item you want and then you don't have to do that anymore, and while it is annoying that it takes a really long time, there's an alternative way to get the items (auction house). but i guess you may need multiples of things like genes, apparel, chests and ore, then it gets more frustrating.

i traded all of my black tulips right before the achievements were reintroduced and it didn't retroactively give me the achievement for black tulip flowerfall. i had to grind for them all over again. so i do get the frustrarion of the whole process :'D
i'm mildly annoyed with it, but i view it as a one-time deal. you farm super hard, then you wait to get the item you want and then you don't have to do that anymore, and while it is annoying that it takes a really long time, there's an alternative way to get the items (auction house). but i guess you may need multiples of things like genes, apparel, chests and ore, then it gets more frustrating.

i traded all of my black tulips right before the achievements were reintroduced and it didn't retroactively give me the achievement for black tulip flowerfall. i had to grind for them all over again. so i do get the frustrarion of the whole process :'D
markicha | she/her | +11 fr time
english is not my first language!

wishlist | adoptables | avatar
shwx1Vv.gifi'll keep wishing for a world where you can be happy shwx1Vv.gif
Yeah, Swipp was one of those mechanics I ignored until the achievements because you can't really plan around it. Now I just check, see if I can trade for anything. Answer is usually no.
Yeah, Swipp was one of those mechanics I ignored until the achievements because you can't really plan around it. Now I just check, see if I can trade for anything. Answer is usually no.
LxbWmll.png
Swipp was manageable in his olden days, although there was only one trade available at any time, but the amount of items in rotation meant that it was easier to stumble upon one you needed and wanted. Nowadays, it's a mess. Swipp is essentially an Exchange shop, it's just that he has limited shelf space and his stocks are chaotic.

Anyway, bless you, Swipp pinglist people <3
Swipp was manageable in his olden days, although there was only one trade available at any time, but the amount of items in rotation meant that it was easier to stumble upon one you needed and wanted. Nowadays, it's a mess. Swipp is essentially an Exchange shop, it's just that he has limited shelf space and his stocks are chaotic.

Anyway, bless you, Swipp pinglist people <3
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Yeah, I think the way Swipp works really needs to be changed to account for the ever-increasing amount of items cycling.

Like maybe the items could be consolidated into categories? So for example instead of having separate trades for each individual Raven Sylvan/Onyx Seraph/Crimson Silk item there could be single trades for each of these sets where you pick which piece of the set you want to trade for. If that makes any sense.
Yeah, I think the way Swipp works really needs to be changed to account for the ever-increasing amount of items cycling.

Like maybe the items could be consolidated into categories? So for example instead of having separate trades for each individual Raven Sylvan/Onyx Seraph/Crimson Silk item there could be single trades for each of these sets where you pick which piece of the set you want to trade for. If that makes any sense.
thDLJf3.png
they/them
FR+10
enthusiast
..... 5xbfa7e.png Ysj1uQH.png Os4rDIr.png Uq85LDD.png
Swipp has always been a pain and I've practically ignored that part of the site since getting most of the trades completed once. Having it rotate every 2 hours makes it so likely that the trade you want shows up when you're sleeping or busy with real life.

I would much prefer if it was a daily rotation with more trades available at once, like 8 for Swipp and 4 each for Pipp and Tripp. That would be less items available total over the course of an entire day but it'd be so much easier to keep tabs on when the trade you want is available.

I'm just glad that I got my Black Tulip trade done today so now all I need is 2 more trades with Swipp and I can go back to ignoring the Swap Stand again.
Swipp has always been a pain and I've practically ignored that part of the site since getting most of the trades completed once. Having it rotate every 2 hours makes it so likely that the trade you want shows up when you're sleeping or busy with real life.

I would much prefer if it was a daily rotation with more trades available at once, like 8 for Swipp and 4 each for Pipp and Tripp. That would be less items available total over the course of an entire day but it'd be so much easier to keep tabs on when the trade you want is available.

I'm just glad that I got my Black Tulip trade done today so now all I need is 2 more trades with Swipp and I can go back to ignoring the Swap Stand again.
I would like Swipp better if he wouldn't constantly tell me I don't have enough to trade with, lol.
I would like Swipp better if he wouldn't constantly tell me I don't have enough to trade with, lol.
i think the rotating mechanic is okay, i just wish there were more trade slots to balance the sheer number of trade possibilities there are now
i think the rotating mechanic is okay, i just wish there were more trade slots to balance the sheer number of trade possibilities there are now
nzqnkq.png
I've been playing for a long time and, while I don't keep exact track of it, I am sure that my trades with Swipp and co number in the single digits.

Yea, I'm not a fan.
I've been playing for a long time and, while I don't keep exact track of it, I am sure that my trades with Swipp and co number in the single digits.

Yea, I'm not a fan.
DdvClvz.png ____________ deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gif_____________DdvClvz.png
The fact that so many are relying on a user-organized pinglist in order to manage getting the trades they're looking for is quite telling that something about Swipp just isn't working these days.
The fact that so many are relying on a user-organized pinglist in order to manage getting the trades they're looking for is quite telling that something about Swipp just isn't working these days.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
1 2 3 4 5 6