Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | STOP, with the Ancient Breeds!
1 2 3 4 5 6
So. My avatar dragon. That brand spankin' new bad boy right there. 3 weeks of saving treasure for his genes (I am now not currently able to afford any fest skins but I hope to earn it back within the next coming days). Maybe 2 months of saving up gems. If that. Doing very little.

I bond with my attached familiars and open those chests. I had gotten a handful of gems from achievements. I also brew and sell baldwin eggs.

I sold dragons. I make a pair of dragons, either by gening them myself out of my own game pocket or by buying similar looking (but unrelated) dragons off the AH and smashing them onto my nests. Breeding is free. Many of these hatchlings sold for about fodder price. But those 5-6g add up. Most of these are other ancient breeds, hence my confusion at you seemingly being unable to get pairs going.

I don't do art. I can, probably, but I don't. Not here. I don't do any weird optimizing like flipping or whatever other folks do for riches. I don't even trade my treasure for gems, something often highly suggested. I hardly if ever actually buy gems, I think I've bought maybe 30$ worth in total of my entire time being here...4ish years. Generally speaking I'm FTP.

So I'm not sure why we're SO frustrated about ancients specifically when the issue seems to be one about gems?
So. My avatar dragon. That brand spankin' new bad boy right there. 3 weeks of saving treasure for his genes (I am now not currently able to afford any fest skins but I hope to earn it back within the next coming days). Maybe 2 months of saving up gems. If that. Doing very little.

I bond with my attached familiars and open those chests. I had gotten a handful of gems from achievements. I also brew and sell baldwin eggs.

I sold dragons. I make a pair of dragons, either by gening them myself out of my own game pocket or by buying similar looking (but unrelated) dragons off the AH and smashing them onto my nests. Breeding is free. Many of these hatchlings sold for about fodder price. But those 5-6g add up. Most of these are other ancient breeds, hence my confusion at you seemingly being unable to get pairs going.

I don't do art. I can, probably, but I don't. Not here. I don't do any weird optimizing like flipping or whatever other folks do for riches. I don't even trade my treasure for gems, something often highly suggested. I hardly if ever actually buy gems, I think I've bought maybe 30$ worth in total of my entire time being here...4ish years. Generally speaking I'm FTP.

So I'm not sure why we're SO frustrated about ancients specifically when the issue seems to be one about gems?
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
[quote name="MageGirl" date="2023-07-19 13:54:46" ] I cant do Digital Art or Coding. [/quote] maybe so, but somebody posted a list of 12 ways to earn money, and only 1 of those involved art or coding, so there are many many other options available
MageGirl wrote on 2023-07-19 13:54:46:
I cant do Digital Art or Coding.

maybe so, but somebody posted a list of 12 ways to earn money, and only 1 of those involved art or coding, so there are many many other options available
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
[quote name="Recallback" date="2023-07-19 13:45:17" ] You guys realize they ARE still making Modern breeds, right. It just takes 5+ years. [/quote]
Recallback wrote on 2023-07-19 13:45:17:
You guys realize they ARE still making Modern breeds, right. It just takes 5+ years.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
lol, lmao. give us more ancients
lol, lmao. give us more ancients
nuh uh
nuh uh
xOuzD3k.png 90444046.png Bj9vK4V.gif
inb4 lock

In all seriousness, I'm not sure what there is to complain about. Modern breeds take a very long time to make because of the site's apparel and gene requirements. Ancients are a good way to break up that wait. As far as I can tell, there's no evidence suggesting that developing ancients takes a significant amount of time away from developing moderns. Arguing about it just seems...silly.
inb4 lock

In all seriousness, I'm not sure what there is to complain about. Modern breeds take a very long time to make because of the site's apparel and gene requirements. Ancients are a good way to break up that wait. As far as I can tell, there's no evidence suggesting that developing ancients takes a significant amount of time away from developing moderns. Arguing about it just seems...silly.
tundra monolair (except when i'm not)
201576c98bceb8a8f26f4f51d994188f4d69cc59.gif5be2f71663585fac901386458cef7c37ddb9502e.gif
What I LOVE about the ancient breeds is being able to figure out which modern it piggy backs off of. Like the elemental diety's, modern's look rather similar to them. It's like a fun Easter egg.
What I LOVE about the ancient breeds is being able to figure out which modern it piggy backs off of. Like the elemental diety's, modern's look rather similar to them. It's like a fun Easter egg.
We are the stones beneath your feet!
Wish List - Sell Forum
sigFR.png
How about no? Just because you don't like them doesn't mean it has to stop. Many pther users love them, that makes them legitimate enough. Why complain when you get bew content frequently?
Not everyone wants apparel on their dragons and skins/accents exist of you want to customize.
And if you only got one, then save money until you can get another, there's no hurry, they're not going anywhere!
How about no? Just because you don't like them doesn't mean it has to stop. Many pther users love them, that makes them legitimate enough. Why complain when you get bew content frequently?
Not everyone wants apparel on their dragons and skins/accents exist of you want to customize.
And if you only got one, then save money until you can get another, there's no hurry, they're not going anywhere!
0gqs.jpg

pugaOfm.png

utMivob.png
Ancients are cool, plus as others have said, the price of the new breed will probably have dropped to fodder price within a month or two, meaning that if you want one, you just have to wait. Patience is a virtue.
Ancients are cool, plus as others have said, the price of the new breed will probably have dropped to fodder price within a month or two, meaning that if you want one, you just have to wait. Patience is a virtue.
Ping me when you respond to me. I like getting pings!
Current Avatar.
FfsFHyt.png
Okay, I think this thread is ready for a lock.

@MageGirl, I completely understand it can feel overwhelming and like we've forgotten about the modern breeds and dragon dress-up. I think you may find our initial announcement of the Ancient Breeds and why we introduced them helpful.
Okay, I think this thread is ready for a lock.

@MageGirl, I completely understand it can feel overwhelming and like we've forgotten about the modern breeds and dragon dress-up. I think you may find our initial announcement of the Ancient Breeds and why we introduced them helpful.
1 2 3 4 5 6