Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | work out while coliseum grind?
1 2
[font=american gothic][size=4]Listening to all of this since the moment my surgeon gives me the clear, I am exercising [i]so hard[/i]. Being a very active person on rest and recovery is hard [emoji=undertide sad size=1]
Listening to all of this since the moment my surgeon gives me the clear, I am exercising so hard. Being a very active person on rest and recovery is hard
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
this is such a good idea! i've been worried about deteriorating cuz i've been inside too long lol. but yeah i'll try implementing this haha!!
this is such a good idea! i've been worried about deteriorating cuz i've been inside too long lol. but yeah i'll try implementing this haha!!
PxyXKEl.png gvEIfkS.png
Yesss I love ideas like this! Really makes exercise fun for a lot of people. ^^
May I just suggest for those of us who still want to work out but might have a hard time doing so due to health complications, how about if you happen to be able to do a battle standing up, do that? I grind coli on my phone a lot so that's a pretty easy task for a lot of us to do! Or maybe with each location you battle in, you relocate to a new room in your home/personal area (that could mean going outside, etc.)?
Yesss I love ideas like this! Really makes exercise fun for a lot of people. ^^
May I just suggest for those of us who still want to work out but might have a hard time doing so due to health complications, how about if you happen to be able to do a battle standing up, do that? I grind coli on my phone a lot so that's a pretty easy task for a lot of us to do! Or maybe with each location you battle in, you relocate to a new room in your home/personal area (that could mean going outside, etc.)?
aFR1AFS.gif
Saké
they/them
child of magic
sign of the ram
Hopefully gonna try some of this stuff out. Summer has gotten me sooo inactive its not even funny anymore oh my gosh
Hopefully gonna try some of this stuff out. Summer has gotten me sooo inactive its not even funny anymore oh my gosh
pLcovI9.pngkAof1pc.pngbYt72YT.pngOrlEqVx.png
lAvpyOQ.pnguFMfy5S.png
This is an amazing idea! (Though I have noodle arms and mostly just want more curves, but I'll do the planking!) Am adding an exercise bike or a treadmill to my wishlist. (For when I move out of my student room ^^;) Gained 2 kg in the past half year and I want to lose them gradually in the coming months...
This is an amazing idea! (Though I have noodle arms and mostly just want more curves, but I'll do the planking!) Am adding an exercise bike or a treadmill to my wishlist. (For when I move out of my student room ^^;) Gained 2 kg in the past half year and I want to lose them gradually in the coming months...
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey I made a post about this once! I'll paste what I came up with: [quote=Coliseum Workout] [LIST] [*]Miss an Eliminate - Do 5 pushups (can be modified) [*]Miss a non-Elim attack - 5 squats [*]Critical Hit - 5 crunches/situps [*]Boss Battle - Do 5 crunches/situps before battle, 10 jumping jacks after victory [*]4 Opponent Battle - 10 lunges, 5 per leg [*]Rare Drop (egg, gene, etc.) - 10 squats [*]Running away/refreshing/lost battle - Jog in place 30 seconds [*]Captcha - Stretch break! Stretch arms and back for at least 1 minute [*]Take a sip of water after every battle! [/LIST] [/quote]
Hey I made a post about this once! I'll paste what I came up with:

Coliseum Workout wrote:
  • Miss an Eliminate - Do 5 pushups (can be modified)
  • Miss a non-Elim attack - 5 squats
  • Critical Hit - 5 crunches/situps
  • Boss Battle - Do 5 crunches/situps before battle, 10 jumping jacks after victory
  • 4 Opponent Battle - 10 lunges, 5 per leg
  • Rare Drop (egg, gene, etc.) - 10 squats
  • Running away/refreshing/lost battle - Jog in place 30 seconds
  • Captcha - Stretch break! Stretch arms and back for at least 1 minute
  • Take a sip of water after every battle!
OvgrUjj.png
For me, I like the squats idea between battles because it's easy to play standing up and takes less effort than bending down for pushups.
For me, I like the squats idea between battles because it's easy to play standing up and takes less effort than bending down for pushups.
hHi8SF1.pngrix3ppo.png 63e7d1e32734cf1f42976aa3cf98d97aa5bb059a.png
I have an exercise bike that I use when the weather is too nasty to do stuff outside. It's positioned so that I can set up my laptop directly in front of it and play games with a gamepad - mostly simple, turn based stuff (like the really old Final Fantasy games) that doesn't require a lot of fine control because, well, bike movement.

Took a little bit of getting used to not having my hands on the bike handles, but works really good now.

Last winter I tried this in combination with a software that allows it to map gamepad input to keyboard keys. Basically mapping each button on the gamepad to one of the letters that the keyboard mode of the coli uses. And one of the sticks controls the mouse cursor for the occasional captchas.

It took a while to find a mapping setup that works for me (my first attempt had me constantly Rally when what I wanted to do was use Eliminate, ugh...) but now it's great. It's basically playing coli in keyboard mode, only with a much much smaller keyboard :D

I have an exercise bike that I use when the weather is too nasty to do stuff outside. It's positioned so that I can set up my laptop directly in front of it and play games with a gamepad - mostly simple, turn based stuff (like the really old Final Fantasy games) that doesn't require a lot of fine control because, well, bike movement.

Took a little bit of getting used to not having my hands on the bike handles, but works really good now.

Last winter I tried this in combination with a software that allows it to map gamepad input to keyboard keys. Basically mapping each button on the gamepad to one of the letters that the keyboard mode of the coli uses. And one of the sticks controls the mouse cursor for the occasional captchas.

It took a while to find a mapping setup that works for me (my first attempt had me constantly Rally when what I wanted to do was use Eliminate, ugh...) but now it's great. It's basically playing coli in keyboard mode, only with a much much smaller keyboard :D

btj5Ikk.png
Makes me wish FR mobile worked better, especially coli, coz I'd love to do this while I'm at the gym on the treadmill but I don't have a tablet or anything. Might try to implement it while I'm at home though, especially the idea of squats/pushups.

Y'all are genius for this, thanks so much!
Makes me wish FR mobile worked better, especially coli, coz I'd love to do this while I'm at the gym on the treadmill but I don't have a tablet or anything. Might try to implement it while I'm at home though, especially the idea of squats/pushups.

Y'all are genius for this, thanks so much!
TW8ViqF.pngrix3ppo.png
Pings Welcome! Especially if you're quoting me XD
1 2