Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Lincoln-Douglas Debate Forum Game!!!
[center][/center][left][/left]A few years ago I was in some debate classes, and I thought they were so much fun. Debates are a good way of exercising communication, critical thinking, and articulation. I personally love the culture of debating clubs because of the respect that's necessary to maintain them. But! the game. [center][b][size=3]Participants[/size][/b][/center] [center]needs at least three players, 2 debators, and 1 judge.[/center] [b]Debaters[/b]: comment with a [emoji=apparel helm size=1] and a debate topic. (i.e. The color blue is more common than any other color.) include your position on the topic!! (affirmative/negative) (if someone is interested in debating the same topic, they'll @ you and whoever is the affirmative will begin [size=1](more on this later)[/size] [b]Judges[/b]: comment [emoji=gem size=1]. when the affirmative finishes the last rebuttal, they should @ you [size=1][i]there can always be more than 1 judges that can deliberate on the final decision on which side won[/i][/size] [center][b][size=3]Debate Style[/size][/b][/center] [center][size=1](Lincoln-Douglas)[/size][/center] [size=3][b][AR][/b][size=3][color=green][b]Affirmative[/b]: 6 sentence rational [size=1](state their case)[/size][/color] [size=3][b][CX1][/b][size=3] [color=red][b]Negative[/b]: 3 sentence cross examination [size=1](negative asks affirmative questions)[/size][/color] Positive responds [size=3][b][NR][/b][size=3][color=red][b]Negative[/b]: 7 sentence rational [size=1](state their case)[/size][/color] [size=3][b][CX2][/b][size=3][color=green][b]Affirmative[/b]: 3 sentence cx [size=1](positive asks negative questions)[/size][/color] Negative responds [size=3][b][AR1][/b][size=3][color=green][b]Affirmative[/b]: 4 sentence rebuttal [size=1](address opposite case)[/size][/color] [size=3][b][NR][/b][size=3][color=red][b]Negative[/b]: 6 sentence rebuttal [size=1](address opposite case)[/size][/color] [size=3][b][AR2][/b][size=3][color=green][b]Affirmative[/b]: 3 sentence rebuttal [size=1](again)[/size][/color] [center][b][size=3]Rules[/size][/b][/center] [center]1.) Keep the topics lighthearted and pg!![/center] [center]2.) In every debate post, include the debate section abbreviation (i.e. NR,AR,CX1,CX2, etc.)[/center] [center]3.) Debaters, include both debate participants usernames so the judges read the right parts[/center] I'll start!!
A few years ago I was in some debate classes, and I thought they were so much fun.
Debates are a good way of exercising communication, critical thinking, and articulation. I personally love the culture of debating clubs because of the respect that's necessary to maintain them.

But! the game.
Participants
needs at least three players, 2 debators, and 1 judge.

Debaters: comment with a and a debate topic. (i.e. The color blue is more common than any other color.) include your position on the topic!! (affirmative/negative) (if someone is interested in debating the same topic, they'll @ you and whoever is the affirmative will begin (more on this later)

Judges: comment . when the affirmative finishes the last rebuttal, they should @ you
there can always be more than 1 judges that can deliberate on the final decision on which side won
Debate Style
(Lincoln-Douglas)

[AR]Affirmative: 6 sentence rational (state their case)
[CX1] Negative: 3 sentence cross examination (negative asks affirmative questions)
Positive responds
[NR]Negative: 7 sentence rational (state their case)
[CX2]Affirmative: 3 sentence cx (positive asks negative questions)
Negative responds
[AR1]Affirmative: 4 sentence rebuttal (address opposite case)
[NR]Negative: 6 sentence rebuttal (address opposite case)
[AR2]Affirmative: 3 sentence rebuttal (again)

Rules
1.) Keep the topics lighthearted and pg!!
2.) In every debate post, include the debate section abbreviation (i.e. NR,AR,CX1,CX2, etc.)
3.) Debaters, include both debate participants usernames so the judges read the right parts

I'll start!!
PxyXKEl.png gvEIfkS.png
[emoji=apparel helm size=1] [size=3][b]topic: spirals are the best dragon breed in Flight Rising position: affirmative <3

topic: spirals are the best dragon breed in Flight Rising

position: affirmative <3
PxyXKEl.png gvEIfkS.png
@JustcallmeDawn

I'll be the negative..
@JustcallmeDawn

I'll be the negative..
PxyXKEl.png gvEIfkS.png
@justcallmedawn @justcallmedawn

AR

Spirals are the best breed in FR because of their appealing design, wide-usage, and popularity. The design is reminiscent of pre-existing dragon characteristics popular in both eastern and western legends; this makes it generally appealing even outside of the FR community. It's conveniences with usage can especially be seen in pfps. Due to apparel, the wide eyes, and the overlapping appearance of Spirals, they leave less negative space within pfps; this gives a more appealing visual. All of these attributes contribute further to the popularity of spirals. Spirals find popularity also through their appealing breeding ability; wherein they're just rare enough to not fill up nest but still uncommon enough to breed with other popular breeds such as Imps.
@justcallmedawn @justcallmedawn

AR

Spirals are the best breed in FR because of their appealing design, wide-usage, and popularity. The design is reminiscent of pre-existing dragon characteristics popular in both eastern and western legends; this makes it generally appealing even outside of the FR community. It's conveniences with usage can especially be seen in pfps. Due to apparel, the wide eyes, and the overlapping appearance of Spirals, they leave less negative space within pfps; this gives a more appealing visual. All of these attributes contribute further to the popularity of spirals. Spirals find popularity also through their appealing breeding ability; wherein they're just rare enough to not fill up nest but still uncommon enough to breed with other popular breeds such as Imps.
PxyXKEl.png gvEIfkS.png
@JustcallmeDawn @JustcallmeDawn

CX1

Imperials popularity is so high because of their appearance, how do spirals compare to them? In the first place, preferences are subjective, why should people agree with you objectively? Do you have any statistical proof?
@JustcallmeDawn @JustcallmeDawn

CX1

Imperials popularity is so high because of their appearance, how do spirals compare to them? In the first place, preferences are subjective, why should people agree with you objectively? Do you have any statistical proof?
PxyXKEl.png gvEIfkS.png