Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Last movie you watched?
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22 23
'Rise of the Guardians' as it was on Netflix and was one of those highly rated movies. I watched it before but it was a good rewatching it again for things you didn't get the first time. The only problem I have with this movie was if children didn't grow up with the fabled stories of the Guardians then I probably would rate it lower. Also I know films avoid the talk of the religious aspects of the holidays outside of Tooth Fairy and Sandman which I get it but I don't like the idea of not explaining religious holidays like Easter and Christmas. I understand why it is done but limiting Christmas to just gifts and Easter to egg hunting with the Easter Bunny. I wish kids (and adults as I recently had an adult ask me about the Easter Bunny tradition this year) would at least learn some history on why these things take place. [emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1]
'Rise of the Guardians' as it was on Netflix and was one of those highly rated movies. I watched it before but it was a good rewatching it again for things you didn't get the first time. The only problem I have with this movie was if children didn't grow up with the fabled stories of the Guardians then I probably would rate it lower. Also I know films avoid the talk of the religious aspects of the holidays outside of Tooth Fairy and Sandman which I get it but I don't like the idea of not explaining religious holidays like Easter and Christmas. I understand why it is done but limiting Christmas to just gifts and Easter to egg hunting with the Easter Bunny. I wish kids (and adults as I recently had an adult ask me about the Easter Bunny tradition this year) would at least learn some history on why these things take place.

[quote name="WebstickKitten" date="2023-05-08 08:48:14" ] Just watched Toy Story 3 again. What a great way to end the series, I'm so glad they didn't make a fourth one!! [emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1] [/quote] @WebstickKitten There is actually a Toy Story 4. I remember because I watched it once and the ending is a bit bittersweet.
WebstickKitten wrote on 2023-05-08 08:48:14:
Just watched Toy Story 3 again. What a great way to end the series, I'm so glad they didn't make a fourth one!!

@WebstickKitten

There is actually a Toy Story 4. I remember because I watched it once and the ending is a bit bittersweet.
[quote name="Al3s1s" date="2023-06-21 16:59:54" ] [quote name="WebstickKitten" date="2023-05-08 08:48:14" ] Just watched Toy Story 3 again. What a great way to end the series, I'm so glad they didn't make a fourth one!! [emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1] [/quote] @WebstickKitten There is actually a Toy Story 4. I remember because I watched it once and the ending is a bit bittersweet. [/quote] @Al3s1s Yeah I know ^^'' I was just joking about it because I didn't like the fourth one lol
Al3s1s wrote on 2023-06-21 16:59:54:
WebstickKitten wrote on 2023-05-08 08:48:14:
Just watched Toy Story 3 again. What a great way to end the series, I'm so glad they didn't make a fourth one!!

@WebstickKitten

There is actually a Toy Story 4. I remember because I watched it once and the ending is a bit bittersweet.
@Al3s1s

Yeah I know ^^'' I was just joking about it because I didn't like the fourth one lol
3Y3t130.pnglctaZd8.png AvyBrzc.png
Coraline! Still amazing no matter how many times I watch it. [emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1]
Coraline! Still amazing no matter how many times I watch it.

Eventually I'll just DIY a signature...
The last thing I saw was Avatar Way of Water... I uh... Well I was a superfan of the first movie, like... I saw it 20 times or more. Absolutely loved it. I'm afraid of sequels though, so I had very low expectations for the second movie. Even with my low expectations, I still was disappointed. They made some really odd choices with character behavior... like Neytiri suddenly being weirdly racist? (I probably spelled her name wrong.) The plot was full of holes, and felt like they were throwing plot devices at the screen out of pure convenience. Things that never really became relevant again even though they should have been. They also introduced a bunch of new characters, but didn't cook them long enough... so you didn't care about some of them. The characters kept doing out of character things, and you had an entire. "Young child keeps getting into trouble" plot which is so lame and cliche. Overall I swear the movie was, Someone gets kidnapped! Wheeee swimming! Someone gets kidnapped! Wheeee swimming! Look at our pretty underwater animation! You thought you could escape? No, Re-kidnapped after 30 seconds! It wasn't compelling, it was full of holes, and it felt like it was filling in space it didn't need to. The movie didn't need to be 3 hours long. The boat is so leaky it's gonna sink. Overall I didn't hate it, so out of 5 I give it a 3. Out of 10 I'd give it a 5. It was painfully average. Maybe even below average. [emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1][emoji=star size=1]
The last thing I saw was Avatar Way of Water...

I uh... Well I was a superfan of the first movie, like... I saw it 20 times or more. Absolutely loved it. I'm afraid of sequels though, so I had very low expectations for the second movie.

Even with my low expectations, I still was disappointed. They made some really odd choices with character behavior... like Neytiri suddenly being weirdly racist? (I probably spelled her name wrong.)

The plot was full of holes, and felt like they were throwing plot devices at the screen out of pure convenience. Things that never really became relevant again even though they should have been. They also introduced a bunch of new characters, but didn't cook them long enough... so you didn't care about some of them. The characters kept doing out of character things, and you had an entire. "Young child keeps getting into trouble" plot which is so lame and cliche.

Overall I swear the movie was, Someone gets kidnapped! Wheeee swimming! Someone gets kidnapped! Wheeee swimming! Look at our pretty underwater animation! You thought you could escape? No, Re-kidnapped after 30 seconds!

It wasn't compelling, it was full of holes, and it felt like it was filling in space it didn't need to. The movie didn't need to be 3 hours long. The boat is so leaky it's gonna sink.

Overall I didn't hate it, so out of 5 I give it a 3. Out of 10 I'd give it a 5. It was painfully average. Maybe even below average.

Please Don't ping me to tell me you are not interested.
If I don't provide a price... I probably don't have one. If there's interest, I'll try and think of one for you! Don't worry, you're all set, amigo!
-Sorry if I missed you asking!
I went to see the Flash in theatres.
It sure was a movie. Yep
I went to see the Flash in theatres.
It sure was a movie. Yep
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
…The Lorax.
…The Lorax.
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
Across the Spiderverse! Definitely worth a rewatch after learning that there are multiple variations of the movie!
Across the Spiderverse! Definitely worth a rewatch after learning that there are multiple variations of the movie!
tumblr_pa1v59xRPV1x8q01eo1_250.giftumblr_pa1v59xRPV1x8q01eo2_250.gif
All paranormal activity movies
All paranormal activity movies
ARAxlYW.png
J7D1quC.png
3CzZFT6.png
WI7lnRZ.png
6tBZa.gif6EBnp.gif
Mixed by Erry! It's abt three brothers in Naples, Italy smuggling cassette tapes in the 1980s, as the middle child (Errì) is an aspiring DJ and the other two kind of just help him with his illegal business lol (though, that's a very brief summary of it).

Not one of my super favourite movies, but it's pretty funny! And interesting, too. The soundtrack is also pretty good, having a lot of pop songs from the 80s. If i had to rate it, it's definitely like a 4/5!
Mixed by Erry! It's abt three brothers in Naples, Italy smuggling cassette tapes in the 1980s, as the middle child (Errì) is an aspiring DJ and the other two kind of just help him with his illegal business lol (though, that's a very brief summary of it).

Not one of my super favourite movies, but it's pretty funny! And interesting, too. The soundtrack is also pretty good, having a lot of pop songs from the 80s. If i had to rate it, it's definitely like a 4/5!
6Fa1Vi8.png
- Charlie - FRT +0 - wishlist -
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22 23