Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Postapocalyptic Jump In RP (OOC)
1 2 3 4 5 6
Nods in agreement

Watertowne and Kursadin Port (WHAT IS THIS NAME) are probably different (I hope. Oh lord do I hope these two are different). I just started making this town because I have no chill

Fun fact it was supposed to be a smog ridden town that's why Cyrus and Holt have gas masks. Eh I'll think of a reason the people there wear them later. Maybe like, a weird magic storm or the fog is dangerous at night (like the hunger games fog or dr.who fog with sharks sometimes).

Thank you! I figured this would be a group project with Chicken as main director or something. I don't want to slam dunk the table but also i do. Add floating islands, crazy stuff, I'm all for it!

Smiloden, you make a really good scary point. I didn't think of that ._. I had a 40k possession. I can change it up if it's too much. Plus the whole "we need to find immortality and keep going" mentality doesn't help. At all.
I very much agree with Luther, these people in charge need to be put down a peg or two.

Good for him!Oh lord, that must of been awful. oooh I wanted to know more about their backstory actually
Horror that happened in reality is the worst to me, personally. Fiction horror is always interesting too

Oh also
>women are more likely to be doctors in this tiny part of the setting
>every single healer is male so far

Idk I just find that funny

Edit: Cyrus just drank a bottle of disinfectant by pure accident. Oh my gosh *****

Edit2: the local people in town are being taken advantage of :( teach them the error of the ways. It's not an excuse for their awful behavior but an explanation.
Nods in agreement

Watertowne and Kursadin Port (WHAT IS THIS NAME) are probably different (I hope. Oh lord do I hope these two are different). I just started making this town because I have no chill

Fun fact it was supposed to be a smog ridden town that's why Cyrus and Holt have gas masks. Eh I'll think of a reason the people there wear them later. Maybe like, a weird magic storm or the fog is dangerous at night (like the hunger games fog or dr.who fog with sharks sometimes).

Thank you! I figured this would be a group project with Chicken as main director or something. I don't want to slam dunk the table but also i do. Add floating islands, crazy stuff, I'm all for it!

Smiloden, you make a really good scary point. I didn't think of that ._. I had a 40k possession. I can change it up if it's too much. Plus the whole "we need to find immortality and keep going" mentality doesn't help. At all.
I very much agree with Luther, these people in charge need to be put down a peg or two.

Good for him!Oh lord, that must of been awful. oooh I wanted to know more about their backstory actually
Horror that happened in reality is the worst to me, personally. Fiction horror is always interesting too

Oh also
>women are more likely to be doctors in this tiny part of the setting
>every single healer is male so far

Idk I just find that funny

Edit: Cyrus just drank a bottle of disinfectant by pure accident. Oh my gosh *****

Edit2: the local people in town are being taken advantage of :( teach them the error of the ways. It's not an excuse for their awful behavior but an explanation.

Lore clan × pm friendly × remember to drink water
The healer interrogation thing came from a very weird book series I found when I still used my Kindle, and it was actually horrible and bizarre considering how usually healers in that world could only heal once a month.
And I ain't all that bothered by this sort of thing... I've probably written similar stuff when I consider what some of my characters are willing to do for revenge.

But I'm lowkey tempted to truly showcase just how uncaring Luther is towards his bio mother since a civilization seeking immortality sounds like the exact sort of thing she'd be drawn to... As she's just a regenerative so kinda just looks younger for longer but isn't truly immortal.
The healer interrogation thing came from a very weird book series I found when I still used my Kindle, and it was actually horrible and bizarre considering how usually healers in that world could only heal once a month.
And I ain't all that bothered by this sort of thing... I've probably written similar stuff when I consider what some of my characters are willing to do for revenge.

But I'm lowkey tempted to truly showcase just how uncaring Luther is towards his bio mother since a civilization seeking immortality sounds like the exact sort of thing she'd be drawn to... As she's just a regenerative so kinda just looks younger for longer but isn't truly immortal.
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Stafshall Park (OPEN!!!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
Just read the doc, that’s some tasty world building Cocoheart!
Just read the doc, that’s some tasty world building Cocoheart!
Please keep in mind that my logic permit has expired and that the 76th color of the alphabet in the exact time of a parakeet eating a pie in June is equivalent to a giant whale-eating cantaloupe allergic to a chair made out of potato salami held by a sandwich that has beetle hands.
[quote name="SmilodonLady" date="2023-05-31 20:18:40" ] The healer interrogation thing came from a very weird book series I found when I still used my Kindle, and it was actually horrible and bizarre considering how usually healers in that world could only heal once a month. And I ain't all that bothered by this sort of thing... I've probably written similar stuff when I consider what some of my characters are willing to do for revenge. But I'm lowkey tempted to truly showcase just how uncaring Luther is towards his bio mother since a civilization seeking immortality sounds like the exact sort of thing she'd be drawn to... As she's just a regenerative so kinda just looks younger for longer but isn't truly immortal. [/quote] Weird book series? Sign me up. Okay good, but I'm just trying to go slow with the darker concepts. But I'll never slow down om magical realism/fantasy/scifi concepts. I like that idea of healing once a month actually, might incorporate it Yeah, this town is basically a giant fortress ruled by a bunch of paranoid nerds growing a dangerous army that could turn on them at any moment. But also a city with some awesome vibes outside the walls! Pirate ships, royal navy, new horizons to see. Plus they probably get a bunch of adventurers who want to go into the far lands to see how dangerous it is! .... Only to find out its really boring Thanks! Normal people: broken leg? Agony Cyrus, taking about the coliseum: so your telling me the longer I stay in the fight the more money I get? COOL Holt in the background: don't you dare- Edit: magic is like a muscle everyone can work on and improve. Just wanted to add that Also Strieder: you know Kursadin Port is ruled by a mage clan right? Holt: *angry noises for a moment before reluctantly accepting the truth because he has never feared mages and followed the crowd to not be considered weird*
SmilodonLady wrote on 2023-05-31 20:18:40:

Weird book series? Sign me up. Okay good, but I'm just trying to go slow with the darker concepts. But I'll never slow down om magical realism/fantasy/scifi concepts. I like that idea of healing once a month actually, might incorporate it

Yeah, this town is basically a giant fortress ruled by a bunch of paranoid nerds growing a dangerous army that could turn on them at any moment. But also a city with some awesome vibes outside the walls! Pirate ships, royal navy, new horizons to see. Plus they probably get a bunch of adventurers who want to go into the far lands to see how dangerous it is!
Only to find out its really boring

Thanks!

Normal people: broken leg? Agony

Cyrus, taking about the coliseum: so your telling me the longer I stay in the fight the more money I get? COOL

Holt in the background: don't you dare-

Edit: magic is like a muscle everyone can work on and improve. Just wanted to add that

Also

Strieder: you know Kursadin Port is ruled by a mage clan right?
Holt: *angry noises for a moment before reluctantly accepting the truth because he has never feared mages and followed the crowd to not be considered weird*

I know I'm late to the lore party, but that is some really good lore!!

Oh no, not the loud narcissistic and selfish family on the block... been there done that for me irl
I know I'm late to the lore party, but that is some really good lore!!

Oh no, not the loud narcissistic and selfish family on the block... been there done that for me irl
xk7ymDQ.png
Thank you!

It's really just a master list so everyone can see what's going on. It's very flexible because this is the first major location

its unfortunate that everyone seems to get them :( the annoying family always go away eventually, or their on the other side of the apartmentand you cant hear them

I do know the next location I make is going to treat mages with the respect they deserve for real! And also going to be just as weird

Edit1: there's now a clan with the same ancestors who have the same magic but live in the mountains and use their powers for good

Whos going to find the wanted posterr for Cyrus? Kinda want it to be him but more chaos if it was someone else or no posters at all

Gardening in the port would be so painful
Thank you!

It's really just a master list so everyone can see what's going on. It's very flexible because this is the first major location

its unfortunate that everyone seems to get them :( the annoying family always go away eventually, or their on the other side of the apartmentand you cant hear them

I do know the next location I make is going to treat mages with the respect they deserve for real! And also going to be just as weird

Edit1: there's now a clan with the same ancestors who have the same magic but live in the mountains and use their powers for good

Whos going to find the wanted posterr for Cyrus? Kinda want it to be him but more chaos if it was someone else or no posters at all

Gardening in the port would be so painful

Might have forgotten Cyrus is going by Red still, my bad my bad
Might have forgotten Cyrus is going by Red still, my bad my bad
Please keep in mind that my logic permit has expired and that the 76th color of the alphabet in the exact time of a parakeet eating a pie in June is equivalent to a giant whale-eating cantaloupe allergic to a chair made out of potato salami held by a sandwich that has beetle hands.
It's all good! Cyrus using his real name doesn't help matters I'm sure. Don't worry his actual name will be revealed soon. He won't fall unconscious and yes this fact is very weird [quote]Skilled medic: Jules has a lot of practice and even several PHDs under his belt. (If that’s even possible during the apocalypse.) [/quote] Yeah, I think with combined old books/knowledge, the coliseum right beside his hospital, and a bunch of scientists/doctors working together they can be like the rennasonce happening. Or a bunch of "dark age" people going to the Byzantine Empire and finding all the knowledge again They probably wouldn't call it a PHD but it would be similar! Just less modern I would think Edit2: thanks for the update blurbs of what's happening chicken! I think those are very useful EDIT 3: finally figured out the Port's weird hand gesture (almost all of Kursadin Port does this lol). They cross the middle finger with the pointer finger then press the pointer finger to their head with their left hand. Secondly, they raise three fingers and press to their chest area. They think this is a warding off evil sign. It's actually a Kursadin Mage family's SPECIAL ABILITY! They do this to make magic invisible. An even longer and more complicated "weave" allows them to pass off as a non mage. The common people saw the ruling class do this, so they figured, hey it would be cool if we did it! But actually the ruling class bout to cast invisible fireball
It's all good! Cyrus using his real name doesn't help matters I'm sure. Don't worry his actual name will be revealed soon. He won't fall unconscious and yes this fact is very weird

Quote:
Skilled medic: Jules has a lot of practice and even several PHDs under his belt. (If that’s even possible during the apocalypse.)

Yeah, I think with combined old books/knowledge, the coliseum right beside his hospital, and a bunch of scientists/doctors working together they can be like the rennasonce happening. Or a bunch of "dark age" people going to the Byzantine Empire and finding all the knowledge again
They probably wouldn't call it a PHD but it would be similar! Just less modern I would think

Edit2: thanks for the update blurbs of what's happening chicken! I think those are very useful

EDIT 3: finally figured out the Port's weird hand gesture (almost all of Kursadin Port does this lol).

They cross the middle finger with the pointer finger then press the pointer finger to their head with their left hand. Secondly, they raise three fingers and press to their chest area. They think this is a warding off evil sign.

It's actually a Kursadin Mage family's SPECIAL ABILITY! They do this to make magic invisible. An even longer and more complicated "weave" allows them to pass off as a non mage.

The common people saw the ruling class do this, so they figured, hey it would be cool if we did it! But actually the ruling class bout to cast invisible fireball

1 2 3 4 5 6