Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Pokemon X/Y Friend Safaris?
Vaguely remember finding a thread here on Pokemon X and Y for friend codes/friend safaris, so!

My friend code: 4914-3955-4423
Safari Type: Bug
Pokemon: Vivillion, Beautifly, Paras

At some point I cleaned out my friends list not really thinking about it, and am pretty sure I got rid of a friend code that had Charmeleon as one of the Pokemon to appear.

A lot of those threads are pretty old, figured I'd give making a new one a try in case some people here still play it a bit (or don't mind checking and/or exchanging DS friend codes to find out)
Vaguely remember finding a thread here on Pokemon X and Y for friend codes/friend safaris, so!

My friend code: 4914-3955-4423
Safari Type: Bug
Pokemon: Vivillion, Beautifly, Paras

At some point I cleaned out my friends list not really thinking about it, and am pretty sure I got rid of a friend code that had Charmeleon as one of the Pokemon to appear.

A lot of those threads are pretty old, figured I'd give making a new one a try in case some people here still play it a bit (or don't mind checking and/or exchanging DS friend codes to find out)
z0HlerP.png8U8FN9o.gif
Do DS friend codes still work? I know the DS store shut down recently, and I thought that it also happened to the Pokemon XY and Su/Mo social features.
Do DS friend codes still work? I know the DS store shut down recently, and I thought that it also happened to the Pokemon XY and Su/Mo social features.
The Enforcer - they/themAboutArtFree IconsAvatar DragonNeocitiesWishlistA pixelated animation of a teal Mirror dragon wearing a blue and purple hood. They blink and then a heart appears in a speech balloon before filling with dark liquid and fading to black.
@TheEnforcer

I'm still able to wonder trade in Ultra Moon, so I assume some features are still working.

Haven't tried to add a DS friend code in a while though, good point. Not sure for that one. Is it still worth adding someone to try?

Edit: I'll try a wonder trade in Y and see if that still functions there

Edit 2: Good news, wonder trading in X/Y still works. I'm guessing if that works then 3DS friend codes are still functional but I don't have a way to test that beyond adding a friend code to see
@TheEnforcer

I'm still able to wonder trade in Ultra Moon, so I assume some features are still working.

Haven't tried to add a DS friend code in a while though, good point. Not sure for that one. Is it still worth adding someone to try?

Edit: I'll try a wonder trade in Y and see if that still functions there

Edit 2: Good news, wonder trading in X/Y still works. I'm guessing if that works then 3DS friend codes are still functional but I don't have a way to test that beyond adding a friend code to see
z0HlerP.png8U8FN9o.gif
@LadyKale

Yes! If nothing else I'd like to see if it still works.

There's an icon at the top of the 3DS home screen with an orange smiley face, that's the friends list. The first Mii should be yours, which has your friend code!
@LadyKale

Yes! If nothing else I'd like to see if it still works.

There's an icon at the top of the 3DS home screen with an orange smiley face, that's the friends list. The first Mii should be yours, which has your friend code!
z0HlerP.png8U8FN9o.gif
Looks like everything still works, and as long as both players are connected to the internet all 3 Pokemon spots will appear

If nothing else, that's one less mystery for me
Looks like everything still works, and as long as both players are connected to the internet all 3 Pokemon spots will appear

If nothing else, that's one less mystery for me
z0HlerP.png8U8FN9o.gif
Yes! They still work! :D I traded with someone in ORAS recently haha <3
Yes! They still work! :D I traded with someone in ORAS recently haha <3
13fb5f385f71fe833d6dfbf445161062db5126d7.png76a42df9cd48a24e4d85d880de3b082223a03d70.pngLinkHubFR-100x100.png673f94f0e5ea193ab459222311092ecf96edd814.png5604e7edfc0bfd2f95186912986e39946318743b.png
You can add me if you want! My friend code is 4484-9926-6060.

I forget which Pokemon are in it, but I know mine was a Psychic-type safari.
You can add me if you want! My friend code is 4484-9926-6060.

I forget which Pokemon are in it, but I know mine was a Psychic-type safari.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
Updated the original post with my friend code now that I know this stuff still works

@MaplesHaiku
Ooh sure! Happy to have a few more safaris to check out :D

Updated the original post with my friend code now that I know this stuff still works

@MaplesHaiku
Ooh sure! Happy to have a few more safaris to check out :D

z0HlerP.png8U8FN9o.gif
When I find my old DS I can send over my friend code - my safari is Ghost type!
When I find my old DS I can send over my friend code - my safari is Ghost type!
A pixel sprite of a clown waving her arms up and down
clowning
was MissNevermind
@clowning

Ooo! I don't have a ghost safari yet
@clowning

Ooo! I don't have a ghost safari yet
z0HlerP.png8U8FN9o.gif