Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Something I Noticed: Chicken Apparel
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I'm learning so much in this thread pfft

Big support for correct naming, even if it might not be implemented
I'm learning so much in this thread pfft

Big support for correct naming, even if it might not be implemented
OvPZsWb.png20211221_214204.png
Support because I am so happy that someone pointed this out, I appreciate the addition of the chickens but after raising poultry for almost 20 years I can't look at some of them and cringing [emoji=guardian sad size=1] it would be wonderful for an accurate representation of some of my favorite breeds! They are truly beautiful and friendly creatures [emoji=heart size=1] Adding! They don't need to be show quality representations or anything, but feathers on the feathered leg breeds is all I'm asking [emoji=guardian laughing size=1]
Support because I am so happy that someone pointed this out, I appreciate the addition of the chickens but after raising poultry for almost 20 years I can't look at some of them and cringing it would be wonderful for an accurate representation of some of my favorite breeds! They are truly beautiful and friendly creatures

Adding! They don't need to be show quality representations or anything, but feathers on the feathered leg breeds is all I'm asking
EFAI4Zp.jpegjaEcYlX.gif
Please rename the chicken species for the apparel. I am not a chicken enthusiast, but I do respect the breeds and the appearances they have.
Please rename the chicken species for the apparel. I am not a chicken enthusiast, but I do respect the breeds and the appearances they have.
tumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo2_500.gif
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.pngtumblr_inline_nknclfI9au1rgacqp.giftumblr_inline_naz0b53uHQ1qg78ij.png
[quote name="tropicoolfish" date="2023-06-11 12:16:21" ] [quote name="@Abiranariba" date="2023-06-11 12:13:32" ] [quote name="tropicoolfish" date="2023-06-11 11:32:35" ] is the art team lazy or smth [/quote] Unnecessary [/quote]honestly screw it i'm gonna die on this hill. the individuals on the team aren't bad or lazy but their technique of recolouring without any regard to the breed and then looking up breeds that sorta resemble the coat pattern is a pretty lazy thing to do. [/quote] Do not blame the artists unless you are 100% certain that this was their task to begin with. If they got the instructions to draw chickens based on certain breeds but keep the overall look the same, it isn't the fault of the artists. Sometimes things like this are out of the artists control. They might have been giving a vague task, not enough info, or even explicitly asked to keep the chickens similar. It sounds crazy, but sometimes these are the instructions artists have to work with. Of course it is possible this is not the case and the artist didn't do enough research, but as long as we don't know this for certain, I would not blame the artists.
tropicoolfish wrote on 2023-06-11 12:16:21:
@Abiranariba wrote on 2023-06-11 12:13:32:
tropicoolfish wrote on 2023-06-11 11:32:35:
is the art team lazy or smth
Unnecessary
honestly screw it i'm gonna die on this hill. the individuals on the team aren't bad or lazy but their technique of recolouring without any regard to the breed and then looking up breeds that sorta resemble the coat pattern is a pretty lazy thing to do.
Do not blame the artists unless you are 100% certain that this was their task to begin with. If they got the instructions to draw chickens based on certain breeds but keep the overall look the same, it isn't the fault of the artists.

Sometimes things like this are out of the artists control. They might have been giving a vague task, not enough info, or even explicitly asked to keep the chickens similar. It sounds crazy, but sometimes these are the instructions artists have to work with.

Of course it is possible this is not the case and the artist didn't do enough research, but as long as we don't know this for certain, I would not blame the artists.
Vb1TA3f.png
id suggest not engaging with this line of conversation, the thread could get locked, if its not relevant to the suggestion and whatnot. hopefully that doesnt come off as mini modding, id just really like this topic to survive, its got some great info and solutions in it ^^'
what i think is relevant is that FR is usually really great with consistency, and the chickens are comparatively quite inconsistent with how animal companion sets have been released for the past few years. thats all!
id suggest not engaging with this line of conversation, the thread could get locked, if its not relevant to the suggestion and whatnot. hopefully that doesnt come off as mini modding, id just really like this topic to survive, its got some great info and solutions in it ^^'
what i think is relevant is that FR is usually really great with consistency, and the chickens are comparatively quite inconsistent with how animal companion sets have been released for the past few years. thats all!
a97e852d483a01bf2bb347e362a63656a3fb004b.png
[quote name="Morowa" date="2023-06-11 23:35:10" ] [quote name="tropicoolfish" date="2023-06-11 12:16:21" ] [quote name="Abiranariba" date="2023-06-11 12:13:32" ] [quote name="tropicoolfish" date="2023-06-11 11:32:35" ] is the art team lazy or smth [/quote] Unnecessary [/quote]honestly screw it i'm gonna die on this hill. the individuals on the team aren't bad or lazy but their technique of recolouring without any regard to the breed and then looking up breeds that sorta resemble the coat pattern is a pretty lazy thing to do. [/quote] Do not blame the artists unless you are 100% certain that this was their task to begin with. If they got the instructions to draw chickens based on certain breeds but keep the overall look the same, it isn't the fault of the artists. Sometimes things like this are out of the artists control. They might have been giving a vague task, not enough info, or even explicitly asked to keep the chickens similar. It sounds crazy, but sometimes these are the instructions artists have to work with. Of course it is possible this is not the case and the artist didn't do enough research, but as long as we don't know this for certain, I would not blame the artists. [/quote] This. Please stop insulting the artists. Also, support. Curious why they were done like that. Love them regardless, though!
Morowa wrote on 2023-06-11 23:35:10:
tropicoolfish wrote on 2023-06-11 12:16:21:
Abiranariba wrote on 2023-06-11 12:13:32:
tropicoolfish wrote on 2023-06-11 11:32:35:
is the art team lazy or smth
Unnecessary
honestly screw it i'm gonna die on this hill. the individuals on the team aren't bad or lazy but their technique of recolouring without any regard to the breed and then looking up breeds that sorta resemble the coat pattern is a pretty lazy thing to do.
Do not blame the artists unless you are 100% certain that this was their task to begin with. If they got the instructions to draw chickens based on certain breeds but keep the overall look the same, it isn't the fault of the artists.

Sometimes things like this are out of the artists control. They might have been giving a vague task, not enough info, or even explicitly asked to keep the chickens similar. It sounds crazy, but sometimes these are the instructions artists have to work with.

Of course it is possible this is not the case and the artist didn't do enough research, but as long as we don't know this for certain, I would not blame the artists.

This.

Please stop insulting the artists.

Also, support. Curious why they were done like that. Love them regardless, though!
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
HIP HOORAY THAT WE HAVE CHICKENS!

*Thank you so much artists for giving us chickens!*

Please rename the current chickens to reflect their appearance, as is consistent with other animal apparel on FR…
because right now the players who are most enthusiastic about chickens are the players who are most disappointed with the chickens because of a single very fixable mistake.

Please also take note of our burning desire for more, and more accurate, chickens, and to be able to equip all six!
HIP HOORAY THAT WE HAVE CHICKENS!

*Thank you so much artists for giving us chickens!*

Please rename the current chickens to reflect their appearance, as is consistent with other animal apparel on FR…
because right now the players who are most enthusiastic about chickens are the players who are most disappointed with the chickens because of a single very fixable mistake.

Please also take note of our burning desire for more, and more accurate, chickens, and to be able to equip all six!
NBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gif
We Want Blep! Take Our money! We Want Blep! Take Our Money!

Please note - wonky eyes & busted hands; thanks for help & patience!
100% support for the renames!! I love chickens, and while i'm very very excited that we finally have chicken apparel, it is a little disappointing that the art doesn't match their names.

Plus, if they're renamed, we could possibly get more accurate & varied chickens in the future. Which I'd be super hype for
100% support for the renames!! I love chickens, and while i'm very very excited that we finally have chicken apparel, it is a little disappointing that the art doesn't match their names.

Plus, if they're renamed, we could possibly get more accurate & varied chickens in the future. Which I'd be super hype for
xOuzD3k.png 90444046.png Bj9vK4V.gif
I really liked the earlier comment on renaming them to be fantasy Sornieth chickens instead of irl breeds!

Regardless of what happens, this poultry scientist is very happy we have any chicken apparel in the first place. (and if we do want to stick with irl breeds I would personally love a White Leghorn, Speckled Sussex, or Buff Laced Polish)
I really liked the earlier comment on renaming them to be fantasy Sornieth chickens instead of irl breeds!

Regardless of what happens, this poultry scientist is very happy we have any chicken apparel in the first place. (and if we do want to stick with irl breeds I would personally love a White Leghorn, Speckled Sussex, or Buff Laced Polish)
tumblr_nsl2ezQmvD1slad33o1_250.png
I was linked this thread, everything that needs to be said has been said. I hope more are released in the future if at all possible, I do love them. (:
I was linked this thread, everything that needs to be said has been said. I hope more are released in the future if at all possible, I do love them. (:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7