Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 10th Anniversary: Achievements Overhaul!
1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 134 135
excited! and the new items are so cute!
excited! and the new items are so cute!
Ln1NYa7.gif
» sales thread
» tumblr
[emoji=tundra love size=2] Happy 10th Anniversary, Flight Rising! [emoji=tundra star size=2] [emoji=familiar heart size=1][emoji=heart size=1] Congratulations! [emoji=birthday cake size=1]
Happy 10th Anniversary, Flight Rising!
Congratulations!
hVHlIic.png "Another donut! Extra sprinkles!" - Spike, The Best Night Ever (My Little Pony Season 1, Episode 26)
She/Her/Any - Loves:
[quote name="yukitsukihana" date="2023-06-08 12:19:36" ] I'm missing a TON of Achievements that I should have. I have mustered resources from Arlo's nearly every day, yet I don't even have the "do it 50 times" achievement. I have no achievements for obtaining dragons even though I have (or had) every single breed in my lair/den. I've created almost every single Baldwin item, I've hatched dragons with almost every different eye type (including Primal), according to achievements I haven't even hatched a single dragon, and I've been regularly buying and selling items on the Auction House for 9 years and the achievements say I'm barely active there. And that's just a small handful of achievements I should have that I don't. [/quote] [quote name="Emylee" date="2023-06-08 12:22:42" ] I am missing a ton of achievements too (aquire dragons, feeding stuff, moving to hib etc etc etc), will there be informations what to do about those and how to get them? So far there is only infos about what to do before asking for support, but those don't work for those things^^ [/quote] Hello @yukitsukihana and @Emylee, thanks for your question! The answer to your question lies both in the update post and our earlier dev update on Achievements: [quote name="Xhaztol" date="2023-06-08 07:21:32" ] [size=5][b]Achievements for All![/b][/size] [b][size=4]Retroactive Achievement Progress[/b][/size] Due to the immense size of this feature, our team broke it into chunks, many of which we deployed preemptive integrations for on the website's back-end. This allowed us to stress-test the system incrementally on a production environment and benefit from a consistent flow of live gameplay data ([b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3238493]as we outlined in this post[/url][/b]). This had some beneficial side effects, [b]one being that we could start to track some manner of achievement progress slightly ahead of the anniversary[/b]. [b]It is likely that most of you will have several achievements that can be turned in right now, and many more that are already in progress![/b] Unfortunately, we couldn't go all the way back. Additionally, any data associated with our legacy achievements system (which we shut off a long time ago) was incompatible with the new one. For posterity, we are keeping that data around, but we're not yet sure how or when we might surface it. We'll update everyone in the future if we have more information to share! [/quote] In other words, it was either not possible or safely feasible to gather and trigger all possible already completed achievements. This means, as we noted in the update post, that [b]some[/b] achievements will be ready, many in progress, and many more to get started on. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you'll still be able to enjoy the anniversary and new feature.
yukitsukihana wrote on 2023-06-08 12:19:36:
I'm missing a TON of Achievements that I should have. I have mustered resources from Arlo's nearly every day, yet I don't even have the "do it 50 times" achievement. I have no achievements for obtaining dragons even though I have (or had) every single breed in my lair/den. I've created almost every single Baldwin item, I've hatched dragons with almost every different eye type (including Primal), according to achievements I haven't even hatched a single dragon, and I've been regularly buying and selling items on the Auction House for 9 years and the achievements say I'm barely active there.

And that's just a small handful of achievements I should have that I don't.
Emylee wrote on 2023-06-08 12:22:42:
I am missing a ton of achievements too (aquire dragons, feeding stuff, moving to hib etc etc etc), will there be informations what to do about those and how to get them? So far there is only infos about what to do before asking for support, but those don't work for those things^^

Hello @yukitsukihana and @Emylee, thanks for your question! The answer to your question lies both in the update post and our earlier dev update on Achievements:
Xhaztol wrote on 2023-06-08 07:21:32:
Achievements for All!

Retroactive Achievement Progress

Due to the immense size of this feature, our team broke it into chunks, many of which we deployed preemptive integrations for on the website's back-end. This allowed us to stress-test the system incrementally on a production environment and benefit from a consistent flow of live gameplay data (as we outlined in this post).

This had some beneficial side effects, one being that we could start to track some manner of achievement progress slightly ahead of the anniversary. It is likely that most of you will have several achievements that can be turned in right now, and many more that are already in progress!

Unfortunately, we couldn't go all the way back. Additionally, any data associated with our legacy achievements system (which we shut off a long time ago) was incompatible with the new one. For posterity, we are keeping that data around, but we're not yet sure how or when we might surface it. We'll update everyone in the future if we have more information to share!

In other words, it was either not possible or safely feasible to gather and trigger all possible already completed achievements. This means, as we noted in the update post, that some achievements will be ready, many in progress, and many more to get started on. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you'll still be able to enjoy the anniversary and new feature.
The new scenes, apparel, genes, everything are in top quality!!! Love it!!!
The new scenes, apparel, genes, everything are in top quality!!! Love it!!!
ImMJGPh.pngG1's for Sale
happy anniversary FR!!!! here's to many more years ahead!
happy anniversary FR!!!! here's to many more years ahead!
tumblr_ns4gnzrNKv1tm17oeo3_250.png
ePOliyb.pngo7ZCFYm.pngbYt72YT.pnghZipXGO.png
FObX7rS.pngnWiQNX9.pngYMPbu9R.png

Staff.... STAFF... I am CRYING this is beautiful!

Thank you so so much for this wonderful anniversary update, I love everything. I need 20! 50! Mwah mwah! I could kees them! Bees! Chickens! A cottage! CRYSTALS, BOOKS.

And hey, I may not have been here the full 10 years, but this site has been with me through good and bad for the last 5, so I've spent half of that journey here. Seriously, thanks for everything. Here's to many more awesome years in the future!

Staff.... STAFF... I am CRYING this is beautiful!

Thank you so so much for this wonderful anniversary update, I love everything. I need 20! 50! Mwah mwah! I could kees them! Bees! Chickens! A cottage! CRYSTALS, BOOKS.

And hey, I may not have been here the full 10 years, but this site has been with me through good and bad for the last 5, so I've spent half of that journey here. Seriously, thanks for everything. Here's to many more awesome years in the future!

PbW1AsJ.png
Mundane | he/it | 29

Exalt Rescue
About Me
Wishlist

Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary!
WRcl6DV.png
i love avery A WILDCLAW NPC YESA YAYY YAYY YAY AY AYA AAHHH

plus theyre a cat person. look at the sneaky skycat behind the desk. avery youre breaking workplace rules
i love avery A WILDCLAW NPC YESA YAYY YAYY YAY AY AYA AAHHH

plus theyre a cat person. look at the sneaky skycat behind the desk. avery youre breaking workplace rules
Will there be any flag to let us know we've completed an achievement, or is it only going to be visible on the achievements page itself?
Will there be any flag to let us know we've completed an achievement, or is it only going to be visible on the achievements page itself?
shadowh4.png
i get the feeling that the devs are just never gonna disclose averys gender so it will be mysterious
i get the feeling that the devs are just never gonna disclose averys gender so it will be mysterious
1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 134 135