Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Improve far away from server experience
1 2 3
this may be an issue somewhere between you and flight rising.

basically when you connect to a website, you do not connect directly to the servers, and instead your connection will travel through several relay points. the slowness you are experiencing is likely issues in one of these points between you and the server.

basically no matter how incredibly fast you get service at grocery store, getting the food home will still be slow if the issue is a roadwork between you and the store slowing down the traffic.

basically when you connect to a website, you do not connect directly to the servers, and instead your connection will travel through several relay points. the slowness you are experiencing is likely issues in one of these points between you and the server.

basically no matter how incredibly fast you get service at grocery store, getting the food home will still be slow if the issue is a roadwork between you and the store slowing down the traffic.
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
[to everyone else: yes i've tried pretty much everything else one could conventionally try to speed up the site. no effect. clear cache, more site cache, different browser, turning on adblock, restart pc etc etc.]

this is likely due to what @/Ralzakark suggested with relay points, though, i have seen people talk about the fact that a lot of the site image loading responsibility is player side, which is, while cheaper on the game's running costs, makes it so that certain users who are either located unfortunately or have less ram to spare may have the site be unplayable or approaching so.

So this may be an optimization issue, though i'm glad it's less widespread than i thought.

For location troubleshooting, I'm in PA specifically (i don't remember if we're allowed to be more specific on the forums) if anyone around that area can confirm if they have the same issue.
[to everyone else: yes i've tried pretty much everything else one could conventionally try to speed up the site. no effect. clear cache, more site cache, different browser, turning on adblock, restart pc etc etc.]

this is likely due to what @/Ralzakark suggested with relay points, though, i have seen people talk about the fact that a lot of the site image loading responsibility is player side, which is, while cheaper on the game's running costs, makes it so that certain users who are either located unfortunately or have less ram to spare may have the site be unplayable or approaching so.

So this may be an optimization issue, though i'm glad it's less widespread than i thought.

For location troubleshooting, I'm in PA specifically (i don't remember if we're allowed to be more specific on the forums) if anyone around that area can confirm if they have the same issue.
East coaster here, I think this might be an issue on your end? Flight Rising loads fine for me, except when I have something slowing down my computer
East coaster here, I think this might be an issue on your end? Flight Rising loads fine for me, except when I have something slowing down my computer
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
[quote name="Ralzakark" date="2023-06-03 10:18:50" ] this may be an issue somewhere between you and flight rising. basically when you connect to a website, you do not connect directly to the servers, and instead your connection will travel through several relay points. the slowness you are experiencing is likely issues in one of these points between you and the server. basically no matter how incredibly fast you get service at grocery store, getting the food home will still be slow if the issue is a roadwork between you and the store slowing down the traffic. [/quote] Yeah, this is what I was talking about when I mentioned "routing" as an issue. Doing a traceroute can help you troubleshoot, and these problems can sometimes be solved by a VPN, but otherwise there's not much you can do when your ISP's connection decides to take the traffic jam detour.
Ralzakark wrote on 2023-06-03 10:18:50:

Yeah, this is what I was talking about when I mentioned "routing" as an issue.

Doing a traceroute can help you troubleshoot, and these problems can sometimes be solved by a VPN, but otherwise there's not much you can do when your ISP's connection decides to take the traffic jam detour.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
This is definitely not a universal east coast or eastern half of the US experience. I'm in the Midwest US and I used to play this game when I lived in New England and I don't (and didn't) have those kinds of issues. There is a little bit more lag during fests because of heavier user load but we tend to not see outright server crashes unless a dom battle is happening and even then it's breaking the AH.
This is definitely not a universal east coast or eastern half of the US experience. I'm in the Midwest US and I used to play this game when I lived in New England and I don't (and didn't) have those kinds of issues. There is a little bit more lag during fests because of heavier user load but we tend to not see outright server crashes unless a dom battle is happening and even then it's breaking the AH.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
It's just utterly bizarre because i'm using a very popular major isp [same one as back then too] and and there's quite literally no other site or multiplayer game that stutters for me this severely, so that's why I have a feeling it's not on my isp Alone if that makes sense?

+certain site elements like the scenes cause lag even for people with otherwise good ping, so i'm still inclined to say there are things that could be done to optimize assets loading in [or at least a rezolution toggle as a bandaid?] because i literally have to watch coli buttons load in one by one in half second intervals and that's just not any sort of ok
It's just utterly bizarre because i'm using a very popular major isp [same one as back then too] and and there's quite literally no other site or multiplayer game that stutters for me this severely, so that's why I have a feeling it's not on my isp Alone if that makes sense?

+certain site elements like the scenes cause lag even for people with otherwise good ping, so i'm still inclined to say there are things that could be done to optimize assets loading in [or at least a rezolution toggle as a bandaid?] because i literally have to watch coli buttons load in one by one in half second intervals and that's just not any sort of ok
It's also definitely proportional to amount of images i'm loading because certain dragon pages with apparel/scenes/etc can take 10+ whole seconds to load and it just looks like i don't get to load my hoard at all unless i get lucky
It's also definitely proportional to amount of images i'm loading because certain dragon pages with apparel/scenes/etc can take 10+ whole seconds to load and it just looks like i don't get to load my hoard at all unless i get lucky
But whatever it is, it looks like playing the game is just not in the cards for me anytime soon

Maybe i'll try again after i move apartments but it's not that big a difference so i don't expect a change
But whatever it is, it looks like playing the game is just not in the cards for me anytime soon

Maybe i'll try again after i move apartments but it's not that big a difference so i don't expect a change
Sorry but can confirm, it is most definitely not an EST time zone problem nor one localized to PA. I have family in that area that I frequently visit and have never had any trouble accessing, loading, or otherwise using FR when I'm up there.

5-10 seconds (have you actually timed this? a video would be helpful) is a very long time Internet-wise and definitely seems to suggest there is an issue of some kind on your end. Just out of curiosity, how old/new is the device(s) you're using to access FR? What sort of graphics card do you have? If it's old or a device that's not optimized for heavy internet use, that could explain why FR in particular is giving you trouble.

I've only ever had trouble with FR on certain devices, regardless of where I was. An older tablet, a cheap laptop, an ancient smartphone, things like that, even when some of them were able to run a site like Youtube just fine (I suspect because Youtube technically still buffers/pre-loads video).
Sorry but can confirm, it is most definitely not an EST time zone problem nor one localized to PA. I have family in that area that I frequently visit and have never had any trouble accessing, loading, or otherwise using FR when I'm up there.

5-10 seconds (have you actually timed this? a video would be helpful) is a very long time Internet-wise and definitely seems to suggest there is an issue of some kind on your end. Just out of curiosity, how old/new is the device(s) you're using to access FR? What sort of graphics card do you have? If it's old or a device that's not optimized for heavy internet use, that could explain why FR in particular is giving you trouble.

I've only ever had trouble with FR on certain devices, regardless of where I was. An older tablet, a cheap laptop, an ancient smartphone, things like that, even when some of them were able to run a site like Youtube just fine (I suspect because Youtube technically still buffers/pre-loads video).
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
Unfortunately from what I've seen, this routing issue seems to rarely hit people completely at random.
Unfortunately from what I've seen, this routing issue seems to rarely hit people completely at random.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
1 2 3