Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Stop Cycling WC Scrolls
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
support. i agree it seems very cash-grabby to me. if anything, i'd be okay with apparel being cycled out and more limited access, but i don't see any harm in keeping wildclaw scrolls in circulation.

i don't see how it will injure the economy since people will still be selling them at 2000g or above (for reference, coatl scrolls are currently on the AH for 2004g and 2005g, and they're always available). i guess people are more concerned about the Special and Cool factor of the scrolls themselves being devalued? but it's not like the breeds themselves are limited, they're valued just the same as coatls, so i'm not sure why they're getting special treatment when it comes to stocking. but personally, i don't care much for breed rarities, so i don't see why they should continue to be cycled out.
support. i agree it seems very cash-grabby to me. if anything, i'd be okay with apparel being cycled out and more limited access, but i don't see any harm in keeping wildclaw scrolls in circulation.

i don't see how it will injure the economy since people will still be selling them at 2000g or above (for reference, coatl scrolls are currently on the AH for 2004g and 2005g, and they're always available). i guess people are more concerned about the Special and Cool factor of the scrolls themselves being devalued? but it's not like the breeds themselves are limited, they're valued just the same as coatls, so i'm not sure why they're getting special treatment when it comes to stocking. but personally, i don't care much for breed rarities, so i don't see why they should continue to be cycled out.
y6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
Support. As it is now, WC scrolls cycling is just unnecessary lol. Nocturnes are also locked by a limited time event, but at least during that event you have a lot of ways to get them for free (gathering, coli etc) so their price isn't artificially increased. - Oh and they're not the only Shadow breed - Imperials are a completely separate issue, as their scarcity isn't artificial. Fr could get in legal trouble if they re-released them, which is not the case for not cycling WC scrolls. This is a fun alternative I think, which puts the rare breeds to the same standard. [quote name="Twizz" date="2023-05-09 15:31:05" ] Better yet, tie it to the Seasonal cycles. Have Wildclaws available during the Spring (so they are available during Nature's fest which I think should be fair) and Fall since those seasons are most tied to plants Growing and being Harvested, and Coatls available during Summer (because Hot and Fire fest is in August) and Winter (because lots of volcanos are in icy places/have ice on them, it's cold so everybody is thinking warm thoughts, our Winter is somebody else's Summer because hemispheres idk). [/quote]
Support. As it is now, WC scrolls cycling is just unnecessary lol. Nocturnes are also locked by a limited time event, but at least during that event you have a lot of ways to get them for free (gathering, coli etc) so their price isn't artificially increased. - Oh and they're not the only Shadow breed -

Imperials are a completely separate issue, as their scarcity isn't artificial. Fr could get in legal trouble if they re-released them, which is not the case for not cycling WC scrolls.

This is a fun alternative I think, which puts the rare breeds to the same standard.
Twizz wrote on 2023-05-09 15:31:05:
Better yet, tie it to the Seasonal cycles. Have Wildclaws available during the Spring (so they are available during Nature's fest which I think should be fair) and Fall since those seasons are most tied to plants Growing and being Harvested, and Coatls available during Summer (because Hot and Fire fest is in August) and Winter (because lots of volcanos are in icy places/have ice on them, it's cold so everybody is thinking warm thoughts, our Winter is somebody else's Summer because hemispheres idk).
KreseKaleiSign.png

Also visit:
Light Dom Shop
#Unnamedisvalid
My Challenges
Dragons for Sale
Support. Yes people supply them on the AH after the fact, but it's at an increased price. WCs aren't tied to an event, festival, support period, or anything. They're just another breed, like Coatls. So why make their system of acquisition different? It doesn't make any sense at all unless you look at it from the fomo angle.

Either don't cycle WCs, or have WC be one half and Coatls the other (like, WC May-November and Coatls November-May).

And please, the site's economy will not be affected by WC scrolls staying. You also have half the people here saying the scrolls are always easy to get, the other saying it's supposed to be a challenge. Which is it?
Support. Yes people supply them on the AH after the fact, but it's at an increased price. WCs aren't tied to an event, festival, support period, or anything. They're just another breed, like Coatls. So why make their system of acquisition different? It doesn't make any sense at all unless you look at it from the fomo angle.

Either don't cycle WCs, or have WC be one half and Coatls the other (like, WC May-November and Coatls November-May).

And please, the site's economy will not be affected by WC scrolls staying. You also have half the people here saying the scrolls are always easy to get, the other saying it's supposed to be a challenge. Which is it?
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
No support to ending the cycling. I don't think there's anything wrong with having cycling items/breeds like this, it adds spice imo! [quote name="Twizz" date="2023-05-09 15:31:05" ] I think I like the idea of Coatl scrolls and WC scrolls cycling out 4 times a year on a schedule. That way Coatl scrolls get to enjoy some of the Impatience tax selling that WC scrolls regularly do and we have a solid schedule of when each scroll is available throughout the year for anybody who doesn't want to pay the Impatience Tax. Better yet, tie it to the Seasonal cycles. Have Wildclaws available during the Spring (so they are available during Nature's fest which I think should be fair) and Fall since those seasons are most tied to plants Growing and being Harvested, and Coatls available during Summer (because Hot and Fire fest is in August) and Winter (because lots of volcanos are in icy places/have ice on them, it's cold so everybody is thinking warm thoughts, our Winter is somebody else's Summer because hemispheres idk). [/quote] I do love this idea though, it adds lore and makes it more fun! I'd support this idea all day!
No support to ending the cycling. I don't think there's anything wrong with having cycling items/breeds like this, it adds spice imo!

Twizz wrote on 2023-05-09 15:31:05:
I think I like the idea of Coatl scrolls and WC scrolls cycling out 4 times a year on a schedule. That way Coatl scrolls get to enjoy some of the Impatience tax selling that WC scrolls regularly do and we have a solid schedule of when each scroll is available throughout the year for anybody who doesn't want to pay the Impatience Tax.

Better yet, tie it to the Seasonal cycles. Have Wildclaws available during the Spring (so they are available during Nature's fest which I think should be fair) and Fall since those seasons are most tied to plants Growing and being Harvested, and Coatls available during Summer (because Hot and Fire fest is in August) and Winter (because lots of volcanos are in icy places/have ice on them, it's cold so everybody is thinking warm thoughts, our Winter is somebody else's Summer because hemispheres idk).

I do love this idea though, it adds lore and makes it more fun! I'd support this idea all day!

60218142.png
TBH I like the cycling. I think I'd like it even more if, when Wildclaw scrolls cycled in, Coatl scrolls cycled out.

I do think it sucks that Nature's only breed is a cycling gem breed. I hope the next ancient is Nature
TBH I like the cycling. I think I'd like it even more if, when Wildclaw scrolls cycled in, Coatl scrolls cycled out.

I do think it sucks that Nature's only breed is a cycling gem breed. I hope the next ancient is Nature
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
[quote name="BoatBud" date="2023-05-09 23:12:00" ] Imperials are a completely separate issue, as their scarcity isn't artificial. Fr could get in legal trouble if they re-released them, which is not the case for not cycling WC scrolls. [/quote] Imperial scarcity is completely artificial, and was designed as such before the site even launched. No, FR could not get in legal trouble for re-releasing them. That's not how Kickstarter works, and many other projects have successfully re-released their "exclusive' rewards.
BoatBud wrote on 2023-05-09 23:12:00:
Imperials are a completely separate issue, as their scarcity isn't artificial. Fr could get in legal trouble if they re-released them, which is not the case for not cycling WC scrolls.

Imperial scarcity is completely artificial, and was designed as such before the site even launched.

No, FR could not get in legal trouble for re-releasing them. That's not how Kickstarter works, and many other projects have successfully re-released their "exclusive' rewards.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
Support, especially given how popular they are, there is always demand for them, and restricting this demand for two weeks yearly IS pretty unfair. While I am all for cycling items, they should be around for longer than two weeks each year - half a year or quarterly cycles for items would provide a continous revenue stream and not pressure people into rushing to grab items.

While I do appreciate Staff finally adding dates regarding the upcoming cycles, I know a major reason for me to not even bother with Wildclaw scries (esp now that I am more focused on G1 projects) is cause I am not willing to make my playstyle/projects revolve around such a limited availibility of a breed's scroll. Kudos to those who choose to do it, but I am positive I am not the only one in this regard.

EDIT: Backreading now, if we had to stick to cycling, then I support Twizz's suggestion for how a fair cycling could work if both Coatl and Wildclaw scrolls are made to cycle - it would mean people are not limited for two weeks / year and also keep the demand up while not making people to rush into spending alot of money all at the same time.
Support, especially given how popular they are, there is always demand for them, and restricting this demand for two weeks yearly IS pretty unfair. While I am all for cycling items, they should be around for longer than two weeks each year - half a year or quarterly cycles for items would provide a continous revenue stream and not pressure people into rushing to grab items.

While I do appreciate Staff finally adding dates regarding the upcoming cycles, I know a major reason for me to not even bother with Wildclaw scries (esp now that I am more focused on G1 projects) is cause I am not willing to make my playstyle/projects revolve around such a limited availibility of a breed's scroll. Kudos to those who choose to do it, but I am positive I am not the only one in this regard.

EDIT: Backreading now, if we had to stick to cycling, then I support Twizz's suggestion for how a fair cycling could work if both Coatl and Wildclaw scrolls are made to cycle - it would mean people are not limited for two weeks / year and also keep the demand up while not making people to rush into spending alot of money all at the same time.
79026279_w2VMGEmYzwnnL1n.png
Genuine question: what does it being Nature's breed have to do with anything? In what way does that alter the equation?
Genuine question: what does it being Nature's breed have to do with anything? In what way does that alter the equation?
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Support for Wildclaw scrolls being available more often, if not year-round. It's less so that Wildclaw scrolls cycle that annoys me, but that they only cycle in for two weeks a year. I like the idea of alternating Wildclaw and Coatl scrolls, I think that would help it feel more balanced and less "unfair" that one gem breed is available year-round while the other only shows up for two weeks.

While yes, Wildclaw scrolls are always available on the Auction House, the ~10% markup [200 gems] that I see them listed for is pretty substantial. If this markup is desirable for the economy, then switching between Wildclaw and Coatl scrolls cycling could not only keep a markup on Wildclaw scrolls, but add one for Coatls in their off-season. It's less so the markup existing that I find frustrating, but the fact that it's the only way to get the scrolls for 50 weeks of the year [and unlike Nocturnes, buying them off the AH isn't cheap].
Support for Wildclaw scrolls being available more often, if not year-round. It's less so that Wildclaw scrolls cycle that annoys me, but that they only cycle in for two weeks a year. I like the idea of alternating Wildclaw and Coatl scrolls, I think that would help it feel more balanced and less "unfair" that one gem breed is available year-round while the other only shows up for two weeks.

While yes, Wildclaw scrolls are always available on the Auction House, the ~10% markup [200 gems] that I see them listed for is pretty substantial. If this markup is desirable for the economy, then switching between Wildclaw and Coatl scrolls cycling could not only keep a markup on Wildclaw scrolls, but add one for Coatls in their off-season. It's less so the markup existing that I find frustrating, but the fact that it's the only way to get the scrolls for 50 weeks of the year [and unlike Nocturnes, buying them off the AH isn't cheap].
!! signature under construction !!
Support. Dusting off my commenting habits because this is possibly my biggest issue I have with my experience on the site. I don't necessarily think it should stop entirely, but it's in need of an adjustment.
When the concept of cycling was first introduced, it seemed like it was meant to be a more even "seasonal" rotation of stock, with Wildclaws and Coatl swapping out every few months, possibly with more breeds getting introduced. We have had seasonal stock changes for a long time and we even have a new market place just for them. I see no reason why a gem section that includes stuff like breed change scrolls cannot be added here? Furthermore, the discussion of wanting to give two months notice before rotating something out, made it seem like things would stay for a long time. Despite this, we've barely had Wildclaw scrolls be available for a collective two months since that announcement.
I get that FOMO panic spending is a big source of money, and honestly this whole thing would bother me less if the terminology was changed from "cycling" to something more accurate like "limited time availability", but as it stands it feels pretty disingenuous.
Support. Dusting off my commenting habits because this is possibly my biggest issue I have with my experience on the site. I don't necessarily think it should stop entirely, but it's in need of an adjustment.
When the concept of cycling was first introduced, it seemed like it was meant to be a more even "seasonal" rotation of stock, with Wildclaws and Coatl swapping out every few months, possibly with more breeds getting introduced. We have had seasonal stock changes for a long time and we even have a new market place just for them. I see no reason why a gem section that includes stuff like breed change scrolls cannot be added here? Furthermore, the discussion of wanting to give two months notice before rotating something out, made it seem like things would stay for a long time. Despite this, we've barely had Wildclaw scrolls be available for a collective two months since that announcement.
I get that FOMO panic spending is a big source of money, and honestly this whole thing would bother me less if the terminology was changed from "cycling" to something more accurate like "limited time availability", but as it stands it feels pretty disingenuous.
i never know what to put in signatures
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8