Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Video game fans, talk to me!
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
@Ellis or should I be typing AYULLIS

Haha, I don't know if that's the only reason. Although most of the complaints I've heard have involved Connor, they've mostly been complaining about Connor being boring rather than him not being Ezio. :P
@Ellis or should I be typing AYULLIS

Haha, I don't know if that's the only reason. Although most of the complaints I've heard have involved Connor, they've mostly been complaining about Connor being boring rather than him not being Ezio. :P
no, nothing died; not what we had, not you, not I
fake a smile and for a while I may love her more
or wish that she could be you
and on it goes
@Loviatar

Ehehe 8)

I haven't bother looking at the complaints tbh. xD
@Loviatar

Ehehe 8)

I haven't bother looking at the complaints tbh. xD
62-A53-F86-4-E45-489-D-A12-E-8-CCF366-EB754.jpg
Rai

• it's in the refrigerator
• overwatch/bg3 trash
• she/they | FR +1
@Loviatar
Most of the complaints that I've seen about Connor is that he's... emotionless? I think people said? I haven't played any of the AC games but idk Connor seems to have a really interesting history to go with him.
@Loviatar
Most of the complaints that I've seen about Connor is that he's... emotionless? I think people said? I haven't played any of the AC games but idk Connor seems to have a really interesting history to go with him.
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
They made a very basic mistake with AC3, they didn't make it about Haytham.

Haytham was a fascinating character with an amazing back story (The book about him is well worth a read) but instead they focused on Connor who has about as much charisma as a very boring brick. :D

To each their own, ultimately but AC3 wasn't enjoyable for me until chapter 9 (I think!).

AC5 does look like it'll be good mind you.

When it comes to stealth based games I think Dishonored did it better (Spelling that without a u kills me every time, curse my Britishness!).
They made a very basic mistake with AC3, they didn't make it about Haytham.

Haytham was a fascinating character with an amazing back story (The book about him is well worth a read) but instead they focused on Connor who has about as much charisma as a very boring brick. :D

To each their own, ultimately but AC3 wasn't enjoyable for me until chapter 9 (I think!).

AC5 does look like it'll be good mind you.

When it comes to stealth based games I think Dishonored did it better (Spelling that without a u kills me every time, curse my Britishness!).
Yt4sddf.png
Haha @Pilotslover, I agree with you re: Dishonored, I have to correct my spelling almost every time!

Joining the general AC3 discussion, I had so many issues with it, not just that it wasn't Ezio. (I loved Ezio, and Altair, but I liked having a life story arc to them and wasn't against the introduction of a new assassin).

- There were so many issues from the period that could have been handled really interestingly and with grace, and they just glossed over them with a big fat brush of lazy nothingness. Why go to the trouble of naming Connor Ratonhnhaké:ton, only to have (IIRC) one of the first major characters he interacts with go "Eh, that's too hard, I'm going to call you... hmm, yeah Connor will do, let's go with that." Seriously? Seriously.

- Did we have to jump so far forward in history? :(

- Mechanics: there were a lot of issues with gameplay on a mechanics level for me, a AAA stealth game with stealth elements that don't work is uhhh.

- All the intricacy of the first games is just gone and dead and meant nothing, forever. Sure, it had been getting dumbed down for a little while, but this really killed it. :/

(End rant)

On the other hand I was able to let go and enjoy the bajebus out of ACIV, it has great pirate history, vastly improved mechanics, and a stellar soundtrack. (Whether it needed to be an Assassin's Creed game is another issue...)

But yes I love games and I spend maybe too much time thinking about them. (I only dislike AC3 so much because AC was close to my favourite series and I was pretty cut about it)
Haha @Pilotslover, I agree with you re: Dishonored, I have to correct my spelling almost every time!

Joining the general AC3 discussion, I had so many issues with it, not just that it wasn't Ezio. (I loved Ezio, and Altair, but I liked having a life story arc to them and wasn't against the introduction of a new assassin).

- There were so many issues from the period that could have been handled really interestingly and with grace, and they just glossed over them with a big fat brush of lazy nothingness. Why go to the trouble of naming Connor Ratonhnhaké:ton, only to have (IIRC) one of the first major characters he interacts with go "Eh, that's too hard, I'm going to call you... hmm, yeah Connor will do, let's go with that." Seriously? Seriously.

- Did we have to jump so far forward in history? :(

- Mechanics: there were a lot of issues with gameplay on a mechanics level for me, a AAA stealth game with stealth elements that don't work is uhhh.

- All the intricacy of the first games is just gone and dead and meant nothing, forever. Sure, it had been getting dumbed down for a little while, but this really killed it. :/

(End rant)

On the other hand I was able to let go and enjoy the bajebus out of ACIV, it has great pirate history, vastly improved mechanics, and a stellar soundtrack. (Whether it needed to be an Assassin's Creed game is another issue...)

But yes I love games and I spend maybe too much time thinking about them. (I only dislike AC3 so much because AC was close to my favourite series and I was pretty cut about it)
emXtQcv.gif9QxrTEM.pngpWX995k.png
@Ithika@

Reading your post is pretty much the rest of my opinion about ACIII.

I'm really, really pleased with the setting for ACV; I still have played IV mind you!
@Ithika@

Reading your post is pretty much the rest of my opinion about ACIII.

I'm really, really pleased with the setting for ACV; I still have played IV mind you!
Yt4sddf.png
*slinks in* I play Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 aaaaaaand tons of other steam stuff. i am a bit of a Valvelover. I play Guild Wars 2 and Minecraft and Dead Island aaaaaaaaand yeah. Just a bunch of stuff.

I can play Tetris and any of the Mario Karts for hours and hours. 8D;
*slinks in* I play Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 aaaaaaand tons of other steam stuff. i am a bit of a Valvelover. I play Guild Wars 2 and Minecraft and Dead Island aaaaaaaaand yeah. Just a bunch of stuff.

I can play Tetris and any of the Mario Karts for hours and hours. 8D;
I've had a gaming system ever since they released Atari. *cough*

Games I've played: Final Fantasy series, Kingdom Hearts, Suikoden series, Wild Arms series, Dot Hack, Tales of series, Harvest Moon series, Rune Factory series, Hakuoki, Pokemon, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Dragon Age, Neptunia, Digimon Dusk, Fossil Fighters Champion, Disney Magical World, Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars, Bravely Default, Brave Story, Pandora's Tower, Xenogears, Xenosaga, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Legend of Dragoon, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Golden Sun, El Shaddai, Resonance of Fate, Agarest War, White Knight Chronicles I & II, Y's I & II, Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos, Persona series, Star Ocean series, Castlevania, Lagoon, Gugnir, LEGO Harry Potter, Valhalla Knights, Valkyria Chronicles, Zelda, Fire Emblem Awakening, Luminous Arc, Lunar: Silver Story, ÅŒkamiden , SSX, Spectrobes, BlazBlue, Class of Heroes, and plenty I'm sure I've forgotten.

The ones in bold are my favourites, some of which I've even roleplayed with people.

Games I've played: Final Fantasy series, Kingdom Hearts, Suikoden series, Wild Arms series, Dot Hack, Tales of series, Harvest Moon series, Rune Factory series, Hakuoki, Pokemon, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Dragon Age, Neptunia, Digimon Dusk, Fossil Fighters Champion, Disney Magical World, Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars, Bravely Default, Brave Story, Pandora's Tower, Xenogears, Xenosaga, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Legend of Dragoon, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Golden Sun, El Shaddai, Resonance of Fate, Agarest War, White Knight Chronicles I & II, Y's I & II, Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos, Persona series, Star Ocean series, Castlevania, Lagoon, Gugnir, LEGO Harry Potter, Valhalla Knights, Valkyria Chronicles, Zelda, Fire Emblem Awakening, Luminous Arc, Lunar: Silver Story, ÅŒkamiden , SSX, Spectrobes, BlazBlue, Class of Heroes, and plenty I'm sure I've forgotten.

The ones in bold are my favourites, some of which I've even roleplayed with people.
madebycaptaincaiti_02.png
[quote name="CmdrLeonhart" date="2014-05-22 01:45:39"]I've had a gaming system ever since they released Atari. *cough* Games I've played: [b]Final Fantasy series, Kingdom Hearts, Suikoden series[/b], Wild Arms series, Dot Hack, [b]Tales of series, Harvest Moon series, Rune Factory series[/b], Hakuoki, [b]Pokemon[/b], Animal Crossing New Leaf, Dragon Age, Neptunia, Digimon Dusk, Fossil Fighters Champion, Disney Magical World, Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars, [b]Bravely Default[/b], Brave Story, Pandora's Tower, [b]Xenogears[/b], Xenosaga, [b]Xenoblade Chronicles[/b], [b]The Legend of Dragoon, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross[/b], Golden Sun, El Shaddai, Resonance of Fate, Agarest War, [b]White Knight Chronicles I & II[/b], Y's I & II, Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos, [b]Persona series, Star Ocean series[/b], Castlevania, Lagoon, Gugnir, LEGO Harry Potter, Valhalla Knights, Valkyria Chronicles, Zelda, [b] Fire Emblem Awakening[/b], Luminous Arc, Lunar: Silver Story, ÅŒkamiden , SSX, Spectrobes, BlazBlue, Class of Heroes, and plenty I'm sure I've forgotten. The ones in bold are my favourites, some of which I've even roleplayed with people.[/quote] DANG! EVERY GAME SYSTEM? I'm so jelly!
CmdrLeonhart wrote on 2014-05-22 01:45:39:

DANG! EVERY GAME SYSTEM? I'm so jelly!
QFXpYkj.png
[quote name="dribson" date="2014-05-18 11:25:09" ] Video games are what I want to do with my life. Either creation or playing. Seriously. But I mostly play Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and Pokemon. I'm getting into Counter Strike: Global Offensive. I also have Spore, Half Life Series, Portal series, and some other goodies. But this one game is surprisingly fun. Universe Sandbox. I haven't played it a ton, but I love what I do with it. Frequent glitches, but still fun. [/quote] Since you play counter-strike, I can't help but recommend you a great site [url=https://usaskin.club/en]https://usaskin.club/en[/url]. With it, you can find and purchase absolutely any skin for your weapon that you like. Prices are lower than in the incentive, so it's just perfect.
dribson wrote on 2014-05-18 11:25:09:
Video games are what I want to do with my life.

Either creation or playing.

Seriously.

But I mostly play Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and Pokemon. I'm getting into Counter Strike: Global Offensive. I also have Spore, Half Life Series, Portal series, and some other goodies.

But this one game is surprisingly fun. Universe Sandbox. I haven't played it a ton, but I love what I do with it. Frequent glitches, but still fun.
Since you play counter-strike, I can't help but recommend you a great site https://usaskin.club/en. With it, you can find and purchase absolutely any skin for your weapon that you like. Prices are lower than in the incentive, so it's just perfect.
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12