Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | How to make high quality small drawings
So I'm feeling like re-doing my forum signature as it's older art now, but as you can probably see, my last drawing was pixelated and not smooth and high quality. I don't know how to give an example of what I'm looking for without just linking to someone else, so I'm not gonna do that.

Is it something to do with the canvas size, or the program I've used? I don't have much experience making smaller images, only my forum signature. Do I need to like, make the drawing on a bigger canvas and shrink it somehow? I know it needs to fit the size of the signature space, but like idk

I'd really appreciate some help!

So I'm feeling like re-doing my forum signature as it's older art now, but as you can probably see, my last drawing was pixelated and not smooth and high quality. I don't know how to give an example of what I'm looking for without just linking to someone else, so I'm not gonna do that.

Is it something to do with the canvas size, or the program I've used? I don't have much experience making smaller images, only my forum signature. Do I need to like, make the drawing on a bigger canvas and shrink it somehow? I know it needs to fit the size of the signature space, but like idk

I'd really appreciate some help!

They/Them ~ Wishlist ~ Scatter Project er7d6Yk.png
making the canvas bigger and then resizing the result is what most people do, yep!
making the canvas bigger and then resizing the result is what most people do, yep!
WishlistRandom Tundra Generator"Accent: Jelliecatcher" for Pearlcatcher female dragonsA very watermelon-looking bogsneak hatchlingA blue Tundra dragon wearing mushrooms and flowers with a treasure pile next to it
For me, sizing the canvas down to whatever dimensions you need is actually what helps in my experience. It ensures no quality is lost via resizing and the way you draw it is how it will look.
For me, sizing the canvas down to whatever dimensions you need is actually what helps in my experience. It ensures no quality is lost via resizing and the way you draw it is how it will look.
giphy.gifp74ovv7.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
@Shinyumbreon

So like, it's been a bit since I've done digital art. How would I resize the canvas down to fit? Is it something that the program should be able to do, or is it something that I'd do when inputting the image?
@Shinyumbreon

So like, it's been a bit since I've done digital art. How would I resize the canvas down to fit? Is it something that the program should be able to do, or is it something that I'd do when inputting the image?
@seas it’s something your program should be able to do
@seas it’s something your program should be able to do
giphy.gifp74ovv7.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
@Shinyumbreon Great, thank you!
@Shinyumbreon Great, thank you!
Just be careful to not resize the image too greatly, like someone else said, that could result in quality loss! If you make the smaller canvas size with a very large resolution, it should help with image still having a higher quality to it.
Just be careful to not resize the image too greatly, like someone else said, that could result in quality loss! If you make the smaller canvas size with a very large resolution, it should help with image still having a higher quality to it.
zdkBiZa.png
@LunaNightSky Good to know! Thank you!
@LunaNightSky Good to know! Thank you!