Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why was Spines rarity changed?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
agreed with everything else that has been said here. i know why the change needed to be made from a "technical" standpoint or whatever, but if it's gone on for not only this long, but was effectively never really a problem in the eyes of the playerbase (it was something that people had adapted and gotten used to, for example), why did it need to be changed? if you ask me, it didn't seem like much of a problem until the update made it a problem. someone here mentioned earlier (i'm sorry i can't remember who) that consistency should only apply to future genes, not existing ones. i don't see why spines and other older, existing genes that might have improper rarities can't just be grandfathered in. i doubt anyone was using spines' incorrect rarity maliciously.

also @/BanDruien make a good point with all the prices. i definitely noticed some price disparities for some time but never bothered to look too deeply into it as i don't usually buy treasure MP genes. i feel like this spines change is just going to lead to a domino effect when it comes to applying and changing other stuff
agreed with everything else that has been said here. i know why the change needed to be made from a "technical" standpoint or whatever, but if it's gone on for not only this long, but was effectively never really a problem in the eyes of the playerbase (it was something that people had adapted and gotten used to, for example), why did it need to be changed? if you ask me, it didn't seem like much of a problem until the update made it a problem. someone here mentioned earlier (i'm sorry i can't remember who) that consistency should only apply to future genes, not existing ones. i don't see why spines and other older, existing genes that might have improper rarities can't just be grandfathered in. i doubt anyone was using spines' incorrect rarity maliciously.

also @/BanDruien make a good point with all the prices. i definitely noticed some price disparities for some time but never bothered to look too deeply into it as i don't usually buy treasure MP genes. i feel like this spines change is just going to lead to a domino effect when it comes to applying and changing other stuff
y6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
been working up to releasing my hatchery lately and this spines change has caused alot of issues in terms of my pairs, especially with how expensive spines is for such a simple gene x_x appreciate the apology but i would prefer it just be reversed, or just go ahead and fix all of the strange gene rarities at once so i can go ahead & know what i should & shouldn't buy. i don't have as much time to grind as i used to, and this is a huge loss for me. it's extremely frustrating.
been working up to releasing my hatchery lately and this spines change has caused alot of issues in terms of my pairs, especially with how expensive spines is for such a simple gene x_x appreciate the apology but i would prefer it just be reversed, or just go ahead and fix all of the strange gene rarities at once so i can go ahead & know what i should & shouldn't buy. i don't have as much time to grind as i used to, and this is a huge loss for me. it's extremely frustrating.
========371e51cb10dbced1e872823085f3507d7ec2d415.png =
=chime | it/it's | fr +3
=ping me please! i may not notice otherwise!
=avatar dragon | meditate hoard
===Gif of Chimecho from Pokemon's sprite in Generation 6.
[quote name="Chimecho" date="2023-03-25 11:22:56" ] been working up to releasing my hatchery lately and this spines change has caused alot of issues in terms of my pairs, especially with how expensive spines is for such a simple gene x_x appreciate the apology but i would prefer it just be reversed, or just go ahead and fix all of the strange gene rarities at once so i can go ahead & know what i should & shouldn't buy. i don't have as much time to grind as i used to, and this is a huge loss for me. it's extremely frustrating. [/quote] This. I can not imagine any respectfully reason to not fix all inconsistent genes at once (besides of disrespectful one - force players waist more money with this on predictable changing one by one instead of announce and change them all at once)
Chimecho wrote on 2023-03-25 11:22:56:
This.
I can not imagine any respectfully reason to not fix all inconsistent genes at once (besides of disrespectful one - force players waist more money with this on predictable changing one by one instead of announce and change them all at once)

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
[quote name="Undel" date="2023-03-23 14:23:15" ] Our apologies. Upon reading this we agree that this change was more far-reaching than just a categorization fix, and notice should have been given. Our reasoning for the change was that Spines was a treasure marketplace gene, but had crafting/site activity rarity. It was an error, but one that was around for a long time. Notice (and quite a bit of it) should have been given before making the change. We intend to correct item errors when we find them, but this is definitely a larger change than a typo error or minor price correction. We will be auditing our existing genes for rarity errors in the future, and before we implement any changes to rarity genes on that have been around for more than 3 months, we will be giving a multi-month notice that the change is coming so that players can make plans for their breeding pairs. Thank you for the feedback on this issue. [/quote] Sorry to bother, as I know you guys don't give timelines, but the ambiguity this change introduced is keeping me (and I'm sure many others) from putting genes on several of my dragons. There are a few discrepancies in genes with this change, but we haven't been told what further changes will be made - just that there will be changes in the future. It's just kind of annoying that there are obvious gene errors on this caliber that must change in the future but we still haven't heard anything about this even though breeding is a major part of the game. Do you think the audit is something that will happen, say, before the refactoring is complete or after?
Undel wrote on 2023-03-23 14:23:15:
Our apologies. Upon reading this we agree that this change was more far-reaching than just a categorization fix, and notice should have been given.

Our reasoning for the change was that Spines was a treasure marketplace gene, but had crafting/site activity rarity. It was an error, but one that was around for a long time. Notice (and quite a bit of it) should have been given before making the change. We intend to correct item errors when we find them, but this is definitely a larger change than a typo error or minor price correction.

We will be auditing our existing genes for rarity errors in the future, and before we implement any changes to rarity genes on that have been around for more than 3 months, we will be giving a multi-month notice that the change is coming so that players can make plans for their breeding pairs.

Thank you for the feedback on this issue.
Sorry to bother, as I know you guys don't give timelines, but the ambiguity this change introduced is keeping me (and I'm sure many others) from putting genes on several of my dragons. There are a few discrepancies in genes with this change, but we haven't been told what further changes will be made - just that there will be changes in the future. It's just kind of annoying that there are obvious gene errors on this caliber that must change in the future but we still haven't heard anything about this even though breeding is a major part of the game.

Do you think the audit is something that will happen, say, before the refactoring is complete or after?
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7