Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Tell me about your special interests!!!!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@SatyrGatyr Thanks! I just looked it up now and it seems good. I think I gonna watch some gameplays.
@SatyrGatyr Thanks! I just looked it up now and it seems good. I think I gonna watch some gameplays.
B025AV5.png
rix3ppo.png
kBHm00y.png
jFZJEcu.png
5hF3FGk.png
BzjAkuF.png

o3xLXEY.gif
ani_bw-S_571.gif
o3xLXEY.gif
z3FSuck.png
woVoZAh.png
FE9pJK1.png
hZipXGO.png
U0bFCPN.png
ZwbGqUa.png
I have been obsessed with robots for well over a decade lol. I blame him for starting it. I couldn't tell you why I get so attached to them though. The majority of my comfort characters are robot ones. They're all just some little guys to me no matter how big they get.

I don't think I've ever gotten out of my eternal Vocaloid and UTAUloid hell either since it keeps popping up again when I least expect it. Teto and Gumi are probably my favorites followed close by Ruko and Una :>.
I have been obsessed with robots for well over a decade lol. I blame him for starting it. I couldn't tell you why I get so attached to them though. The majority of my comfort characters are robot ones. They're all just some little guys to me no matter how big they get.

I don't think I've ever gotten out of my eternal Vocaloid and UTAUloid hell either since it keeps popping up again when I least expect it. Teto and Gumi are probably my favorites followed close by Ruko and Una :>.
25762.png frame-0-delay-0-1s-1.png
[quote name="BirbDude" date="2023-02-16 19:48:58" ] space. i check up on space news every day. i have [url=https://webb.nasa.gov/]the james webb telescope website[/url] always open in a tab. i get excited and update my sister whenever they find something new... i even have a fandragon for my favourite planet, which is known as J1407b or 'Super Saturn'. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76551230][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=3216048&skin=43916&apparel=46545&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] did you guys see that picture that the curiosity rover on mars captured? it's the clearest evidence yet that a lake did indeed exist on mars at some point in time.. super cool also artemis 1??? i think it's finally going to the moon soon... they're building sum on the moon so they can go from the moon directly to mars... so people on mars in the next few years, hopefully [/quote] I did a project for my Planetary Geology elective on finding the best potential landing sites for future Mars rovers, and the dried-out beds of crater lakes present some interesting possibilities there. Unsurprisingly, when a lake goes away, you get a very flat area of sediment as the newly exposed ground - on Earth, they've been used for setting land-speed records, because they're pretty much entirely obstacle-free for wheeled vehicles. On Mars, though, that smooth terrain gets broken up by asteroid impacts, since there's not enough atmosphere to burn them up. So they're not quite perfect, but still good, especially when you consider the alluvial fans around them, which are also smooth enough for landing on. (Context for non-geologists - an alluvial fan is a triangle of soil and rocks left behind when a stream pours out onto a flat area of land and evaporates, instead of pouring into another body of water.) I've also got some planet fandragons: https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/601131/2358354?name=&type=undefined
BirbDude wrote on 2023-02-16 19:48:58:
space. i check up on space news every day. i have the james webb telescope website always open in a tab. i get excited and update my sister whenever they find something new...
i even have a fandragon for my favourite planet, which is known as J1407b or 'Super Saturn'.
scry?sdid=3216048&skin=43916&apparel=46545&xt=dressing.png

did you guys see that picture that the curiosity rover on mars captured? it's the clearest evidence yet that a lake did indeed exist on mars at some point in time.. super cool

also artemis 1??? i think it's finally going to the moon soon... they're building sum on the moon so they can go from the moon directly to mars... so people on mars in the next few years, hopefully

I did a project for my Planetary Geology elective on finding the best potential landing sites for future Mars rovers, and the dried-out beds of crater lakes present some interesting possibilities there.
Unsurprisingly, when a lake goes away, you get a very flat area of sediment as the newly exposed ground - on Earth, they've been used for setting land-speed records, because they're pretty much entirely obstacle-free for wheeled vehicles. On Mars, though, that smooth terrain gets broken up by asteroid impacts, since there's not enough atmosphere to burn them up. So they're not quite perfect, but still good, especially when you consider the alluvial fans around them, which are also smooth enough for landing on.

(Context for non-geologists - an alluvial fan is a triangle of soil and rocks left behind when a stream pours out onto a flat area of land and evaporates, instead of pouring into another body of water.)

I've also got some planet fandragons: https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/601131/2358354?name=&type=undefined
they/them - geologist & artist

art + tabletop gaming blog
Pokemon, Monster Hunter, Viva Piñata, dragons, animals (both prehistoric and modern), mythology, and Fairy Tail have been my obsessions for a vast majority of my life. Junji Ito's work is slowly becoming my next obsession.
Pokemon, Monster Hunter, Viva Piñata, dragons, animals (both prehistoric and modern), mythology, and Fairy Tail have been my obsessions for a vast majority of my life. Junji Ito's work is slowly becoming my next obsession.
D4LiygC.png
my hyperfixation is one piece!

i've watched around 750 episodes since last year. never in my life did i really expect to be a fan of it but i ended up very hooked by the world and storytelling. it's actually really good if you can get passed some of the earlier problems with it---

one thing that did surprise me was just how many trans characters there are? they aren't all good it's very mixed, but there was an iconic genderfluid character who was written in 2009, and two very good trans characters in the currently airing anime arc. :0 i'm not up to that yet but i'm excited.

been watching with my partner, one piece has been one of their life-long special interests. i wanted to watch it with them just to have something they liked for us to watch together when there wasn't anything new out, but i wound up in the one piece depths myself.
my hyperfixation is one piece!

i've watched around 750 episodes since last year. never in my life did i really expect to be a fan of it but i ended up very hooked by the world and storytelling. it's actually really good if you can get passed some of the earlier problems with it---

one thing that did surprise me was just how many trans characters there are? they aren't all good it's very mixed, but there was an iconic genderfluid character who was written in 2009, and two very good trans characters in the currently airing anime arc. :0 i'm not up to that yet but i'm excited.

been watching with my partner, one piece has been one of their life-long special interests. i wanted to watch it with them just to have something they liked for us to watch together when there wasn't anything new out, but i wound up in the one piece depths myself.
ca4nyRv.pngsh5xjiu.png1vAtYxM.pngtqGkHih.png
o6n8ZXM.pngR1dejfm.pngmk2bmrp.png
i'm your only friend i'm not your only friend but i'm a little glowing friend
but really i'm not actually your friend but i am
breaking bad and better call saul! they're both phenomenal shows and i love them both dearly. the characters are all so well written and full of depth and it's amazing how attached i found myself getting to these characters
i am particularly fixated on saul goodman and just everything about him and his character RAAAAH i just love him so much
breaking bad and better call saul! they're both phenomenal shows and i love them both dearly. the characters are all so well written and full of depth and it's amazing how attached i found myself getting to these characters
i am particularly fixated on saul goodman and just everything about him and his character RAAAAH i just love him so much
My current short-term adhd hyperfixation is the podcast Distractable. I don't watch any of Markiplier's content. But I could listen to Distractable all day every day.

My long-term adhd special interest is Asian culture/history. It's focused more so on Chinese history and the communist revolution. Side note: If anyone has book recs hitting on these topics send them my way! I especially love a good memoir. :)
My current short-term adhd hyperfixation is the podcast Distractable. I don't watch any of Markiplier's content. But I could listen to Distractable all day every day.

My long-term adhd special interest is Asian culture/history. It's focused more so on Chinese history and the communist revolution. Side note: If anyone has book recs hitting on these topics send them my way! I especially love a good memoir. :)
[quote name="Soupsauce" date="2023-03-21 21:13:18" ] My current short-term adhd hyperfixation is the podcast Distractable. I don't watch any of Markiplier's content. But I could listen to Distractable all day every day. My long-term adhd special interest is Asian culture/history. It's focused more so on Chinese history and the communist revolution. Side note: If anyone has book recs hitting on these topics send them my way! I especially love a good memoir. :) [/quote] I LOVE DISTRACTABLE! I listen to it at night mostly though instead of listening to music.
Soupsauce wrote on 2023-03-21 21:13:18:

I LOVE DISTRACTABLE! I listen to it at night mostly though instead of listening to music.
HE/XE ~ MINOR
eswSnrS.png
kCHWEjf.png
SYiQlxK.png
UGfQoi6.png
Currently I’m obsessed with Pokemon (Specifically the most recent generation), reality shifting, dinosaurs, and phineas and ferb.
Currently I’m obsessed with Pokemon (Specifically the most recent generation), reality shifting, dinosaurs, and phineas and ferb.
Gbwcg3q.png
bYt72YT.png
cutkr0S.png
tqGkHih.png
FvfV2kD.png ll0CfnD.png
We (DID system) love paleontology and prehistory!!! If anybody has any questions about it whether it be about jobs relating to it, fossil hunting, prehistoric life, etc. feel free to ask.

Rn we have been watching videos about the site in Alaska that holds a ridiculous amount of mammoth fossils and bison fossils that are all still being found today as they discover it in the permafrost.
We (DID system) love paleontology and prehistory!!! If anybody has any questions about it whether it be about jobs relating to it, fossil hunting, prehistoric life, etc. feel free to ask.

Rn we have been watching videos about the site in Alaska that holds a ridiculous amount of mammoth fossils and bison fossils that are all still being found today as they discover it in the permafrost.
1eLd320.png oq8LyLj.png
OrlEqVx.png
qa67smW.png
qQCMQhg.png
oRkijoy.png
h5ct4ZF.png
3mp8TrJ.png
Tt8BJBs.png
NlmYDAS.png
lAvpyOQ.png
fxLt4D7.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10