Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Writers: What are you working on??
1 2
I wanna know what you writers are working on right now! Original works, fanfic, dragon lore, whatever! I love hearing about projects ^-^

Right now my main project is an original work I've been working on for years and I'm hoping one day to turn into a real published novel. It's a scifi fantasy YA novel about people who are living on a spaceship on it's way to a new planet after earth became unlivable, but one of the mcs friends goes missing and while trying to find her they uncover a whole lot of strangeness happening on the ship........ what's going on??? (hint: its faeries. I'm obsessed with the idea of faeries in space hehe)

So what're you working on? I'm curious!
I wanna know what you writers are working on right now! Original works, fanfic, dragon lore, whatever! I love hearing about projects ^-^

Right now my main project is an original work I've been working on for years and I'm hoping one day to turn into a real published novel. It's a scifi fantasy YA novel about people who are living on a spaceship on it's way to a new planet after earth became unlivable, but one of the mcs friends goes missing and while trying to find her they uncover a whole lot of strangeness happening on the ship........ what's going on??? (hint: its faeries. I'm obsessed with the idea of faeries in space hehe)

So what're you working on? I'm curious!
60eldD0.gif 28 | Open DMs
5iXiC8z.png
KLTxh3r.png
pyAp3dI.png
wh3Tiip.png

DPrCB0j.gif ......................
tumblr_inline_p81uu9TKgf1tsrqpm_75sq.gif
oooo i hope you get to publish your novel! i remember i used to read sci-fi novels like crazy, like multiple per week. it sounds cool, faries in space :o

right now i'm working on worldbuilding my lair by writing an encyclopedia. since it takes place on a whole different continent to sorienth (yuphe), its a big undertaking but i'm having sooo much fun. i've been able to read about ancient empires and have a bunch of fun making up species and taxonomy and culture, its great :D
oooo i hope you get to publish your novel! i remember i used to read sci-fi novels like crazy, like multiple per week. it sounds cool, faries in space :o

right now i'm working on worldbuilding my lair by writing an encyclopedia. since it takes place on a whole different continent to sorienth (yuphe), its a big undertaking but i'm having sooo much fun. i've been able to read about ancient empires and have a bunch of fun making up species and taxonomy and culture, its great :D
f3wi9c4.png sef | +2 fr time | any pronouns
profile dragon
@smorphie oh wow that sounds really cool! I've always loved reading things with cool world building like that, it sounds really fun to put together!!
@smorphie oh wow that sounds really cool! I've always loved reading things with cool world building like that, it sounds really fun to put together!!
5iXiC8z.png
KLTxh3r.png
pyAp3dI.png
wh3Tiip.png

Good luck with your novel!

I have three original projects not counting my FR lore which will become a combination of them all:

1) My biggest, which I've been working on for almost three years (its anniversary is the 15th). It's a fantasy/adventure/mystery series involving a bunch of different short-ish stories about how one small thing can change the world. The mystery aspects come from piecing together the event that started it all. I... could probably ramble for hours about it, just know I've written seven stories (working on an eighth) and like 20+ shorts, along with having almost 200 characters for it since I last checked... and I'm probably not even halfway through everything I want to do. If you're curious about it, the dragons in my lair with actual lore in their bios all came from that world.

2) A simpler project that's only going to last for a year. It's about twin NPCs who didn't have codes to follow like everyone else did. They meet a few players and travel around the game's setting, slowly realizing that remembering why they aren't like the others isn't exactly a good thing. Everyone who'd read it either complained that all the NPCs were aware (it's a plot point later, but not immediately) or that they didn't have existential crises over being in a video game (the game's been out for two years and the time for crises have long passed).

3) I'm also in the early plotting phases of a world that I kind of want to make larger, but we'll see how it goes. It's about the idea of always being the hero; the MC has lived 14 other lives of heroes and, on his 15th, he just wants to be normal... and of course, it's also the life where the villain threatens world destruction. He's going to gather his own band of heroes and set off to defeat the villain, but that's not his only problem--he has something similar to PTSD thanks to his experiences in his other lives. I'm kind of nervous because it's the first big project (or... any project) I'm working on that requires fight scenes and... I don't think I'm very good at writing fight scenes.

TL;DR- I need a life.
Good luck with your novel!

I have three original projects not counting my FR lore which will become a combination of them all:

1) My biggest, which I've been working on for almost three years (its anniversary is the 15th). It's a fantasy/adventure/mystery series involving a bunch of different short-ish stories about how one small thing can change the world. The mystery aspects come from piecing together the event that started it all. I... could probably ramble for hours about it, just know I've written seven stories (working on an eighth) and like 20+ shorts, along with having almost 200 characters for it since I last checked... and I'm probably not even halfway through everything I want to do. If you're curious about it, the dragons in my lair with actual lore in their bios all came from that world.

2) A simpler project that's only going to last for a year. It's about twin NPCs who didn't have codes to follow like everyone else did. They meet a few players and travel around the game's setting, slowly realizing that remembering why they aren't like the others isn't exactly a good thing. Everyone who'd read it either complained that all the NPCs were aware (it's a plot point later, but not immediately) or that they didn't have existential crises over being in a video game (the game's been out for two years and the time for crises have long passed).

3) I'm also in the early plotting phases of a world that I kind of want to make larger, but we'll see how it goes. It's about the idea of always being the hero; the MC has lived 14 other lives of heroes and, on his 15th, he just wants to be normal... and of course, it's also the life where the villain threatens world destruction. He's going to gather his own band of heroes and set off to defeat the villain, but that's not his only problem--he has something similar to PTSD thanks to his experiences in his other lives. I'm kind of nervous because it's the first big project (or... any project) I'm working on that requires fight scenes and... I don't think I'm very good at writing fight scenes.

TL;DR- I need a life.

Puppy
She/Her - FR+3
FR Writer/Artist Discord
aaaa
Those projects sound so cool!! I love self aware npc stories they're always so cool imo your work sounds really fascinating! fight scenes are so fun to write but they can definitely be finicky to get right, good luck! I'm sure you'll get it ^-^
Those projects sound so cool!! I love self aware npc stories they're always so cool imo your work sounds really fascinating! fight scenes are so fun to write but they can definitely be finicky to get right, good luck! I'm sure you'll get it ^-^
5iXiC8z.png
KLTxh3r.png
pyAp3dI.png
wh3Tiip.png

Wynncraft fanfic about a mage and his slow descent into star-based insanity, and then getting booted out of insanity due to being too insane and killing a god.
Wynncraft fanfic about a mage and his slow descent into star-based insanity, and then getting booted out of insanity due to being too insane and killing a god.
Once there was a dragon...

Profile dragon: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82986118
While I have a TON of AUs to be working on, I'm mostly fixated on an arc from my Toc World one, more specifically my story about Xac's modeling career.

I can't post it onsite because it does have its less FR friendly moments, but where I'm at right now, Xac is waiting for Fuzo to return home with more inspiration for his outfits.

When she does arrive, of course, they're gonna celebrate and eat out. But after, Fuzo is going to have a certain memory wiped that has been haunting her for years after meeting Xac. TLDR version: A joke went horribly wrong and it affected both of them terribly, but Fuzo even moreso as a newcomer to the kingdom and the primary target of the laughter (only a fool would mock Xac to his face, but he still got angry and struck them for hurting the one he loved).

I've been slowly progressing with all aspects of the AU; I was working on another arc for another OC, but suddenly wanted to write about Xac's modeling so switched to him, LOL...

One day, I'll work on Xero's arc where his life is put into more detail.
While I have a TON of AUs to be working on, I'm mostly fixated on an arc from my Toc World one, more specifically my story about Xac's modeling career.

I can't post it onsite because it does have its less FR friendly moments, but where I'm at right now, Xac is waiting for Fuzo to return home with more inspiration for his outfits.

When she does arrive, of course, they're gonna celebrate and eat out. But after, Fuzo is going to have a certain memory wiped that has been haunting her for years after meeting Xac. TLDR version: A joke went horribly wrong and it affected both of them terribly, but Fuzo even moreso as a newcomer to the kingdom and the primary target of the laughter (only a fool would mock Xac to his face, but he still got angry and struck them for hurting the one he loved).

I've been slowly progressing with all aspects of the AU; I was working on another arc for another OC, but suddenly wanted to write about Xac's modeling so switched to him, LOL...

One day, I'll work on Xero's arc where his life is put into more detail.
Your novel sounds so fun! i always love when scifi takes a lean into more deliberate fantasy. It makes for a really interesting story! i hope you do get to publish it.

I'm working on a few writing projects right now.

Im working on a really long DC comics fic project with a friend (that i cant post here bc of its content) that we've been working on since the summer. Writing with other people is always very fun for me.

theres also a few smaller fic projects im working on far less consistently than the one i mentioned above, but i still love them deeply.

I'm trying to plot out the story of my overly ambitious web-comic i've had cooking in my head for about two years at this point.

and lastly i've been working on writing out my clan lore...but very slowly (you can read the first chapter if you click on the little ao3 button in my signature)

long story short - so many ideas, not enough time in the day. Its very cool to read about what you all are working on though [:
Your novel sounds so fun! i always love when scifi takes a lean into more deliberate fantasy. It makes for a really interesting story! i hope you do get to publish it.

I'm working on a few writing projects right now.

Im working on a really long DC comics fic project with a friend (that i cant post here bc of its content) that we've been working on since the summer. Writing with other people is always very fun for me.

theres also a few smaller fic projects im working on far less consistently than the one i mentioned above, but i still love them deeply.

I'm trying to plot out the story of my overly ambitious web-comic i've had cooking in my head for about two years at this point.

and lastly i've been working on writing out my clan lore...but very slowly (you can read the first chapter if you click on the little ao3 button in my signature)

long story short - so many ideas, not enough time in the day. Its very cool to read about what you all are working on though [:
13390.png
through plumes of smoke
& flicks of light -
a sort of melancholic beauty
in the way city lights mimic
stars
seas of stratus i drown in
Ooh, that sounds interesting! I just have a question… what’s a faerie? The idea sounds cool!! Im working on two original stories right now- RazorBlade, which is about a bunch of guys existing. The main family (Shade, Jamie, Blue, and Kyras) are just living, like humans do. Then, a dragon is like “uhm, no” and tries to destroy everyone. They do end up getting rid of the dragon, but, turns out [i]that the dragon they took down wasn’t even the main one, just a servant of the main villain.[/i] The main villain ends up annihilating some people and almost tears the family apart. The second one is Wasteland, where humans have been nearly wiped out by a creature known as the Hyperhyena, and it can only touch shadows. It travels through darkness, eating everything living animal (humans included) that it can find. Ollie, May, Rue, and Fox are a group of humans living in a large fortress surrounded by a wall of concrete that’s a few feet thick. Around the wall is a protective light barrier, powered by a crystal located under the fortress. Fox and Ollie get together, and Rue is just there like [emoji=skydancer deadpan size=1] Eventually they escape, taking all of their rescued animals with them. Funny thing: 98% of the characters are guys. Hah… Edit: fixed spelling mistake , there are probably still some more eh
Ooh, that sounds interesting! I just have a question… what’s a faerie? The idea sounds cool!!

Im working on two original stories right now-

RazorBlade, which is about a bunch of guys existing. The main family (Shade, Jamie, Blue, and Kyras) are just living, like humans do. Then, a dragon is like “uhm, no” and tries to destroy everyone. They do end up getting rid of the dragon, but, turns out that the dragon they took down wasn’t even the main one, just a servant of the main villain. The main villain ends up annihilating some people and almost tears the family apart.

The second one is Wasteland, where humans have been nearly wiped out by a creature known as the Hyperhyena, and it can only touch shadows. It travels through darkness, eating everything living animal (humans included) that it can find. Ollie, May, Rue, and Fox are a group of humans living in a large fortress surrounded by a wall of concrete that’s a few feet thick. Around the wall is a protective light barrier, powered by a crystal located under the fortress. Fox and Ollie get together, and Rue is just there like
Eventually they escape, taking all of their rescued animals with them.

Funny thing: 98% of the characters are guys. Hah…

Edit: fixed spelling mistake , there are probably still some more eh
i6v47.gif ART SHOP! | Fandragons! | Wishlistjmmdg.gif1MhDR.gifV8rfN.gifMroYj.gifexWWM.gif
I'm working on an original work that I wanna publish as well! I'm also working on my clan's lore!

Your novel sounds interesting! I will definitely read it if/when it's published!
I'm working on an original work that I wanna publish as well! I'm also working on my clan's lore!

Your novel sounds interesting! I will definitely read it if/when it's published!
I rescue and rehome dragons (+3 FR Time)
YMPbu9R.pngUqlBGwo.png
g4XyQaa.pnglYb2AyL.pngQQBKJhC.pngMXVMxEn.pngnafQSbU.png
QMcoNbc.pngTlnTk4D.png2VtxnMX.pngwLurwzJ.pngHxL61bT.png
ekux78o.pngdgZqX5Q.png7gibfJe.pngll0CfnD.pngU0bFCPN.pngkUuO5Bc.pngakAKtNW.png
1 2