Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Favorite type of sushi?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="whalesbone" date="2023-03-07 14:54:23" ] the only type of sushi i will actively decline is uni/sea urchin. i've had really high-quality uni and i just don't wike it :( some particular favorites for me are amaebi (sweet shrimp), hokkigai (surf clam), and ikura (salmon roe)! i also have a big soft spot for inarizushi- it's just sushi rice in a fried tofu wrapper but i could destroy those things 24/7 [/quote] Aye, inarizushi is the BOMB! My grandmother used to bring it over when I was much smaller. I also ate it in Japan. (Japan has so much good food.) I’ve never had sea urchin; but, I am too much of a scaredy cat to try it. It looks pretty; however, I heard it is very fishy and briny. I do love eating fish, yet shellfish is something I am a bit picky on. (I don’t know if sea urchin counts as shellfish, though.) Maybe I should try it just to say I tried it. I just don’t want to end up wasting it… I also never had surf clams; but, I would definitely try that. Clams are some of the few shellfish I can tolerate. One of my siblings used to gobble up surf clam sushi like crazy. I should have tried them when I had the chance.
whalesbone wrote on 2023-03-07 14:54:23:
the only type of sushi i will actively decline is uni/sea urchin. i've had really high-quality uni and i just don't wike it :(

some particular favorites for me are amaebi (sweet shrimp), hokkigai (surf clam), and ikura (salmon roe)! i also have a big soft spot for inarizushi- it's just sushi rice in a fried tofu wrapper but i could destroy those things 24/7

Aye, inarizushi is the BOMB! My grandmother used to bring it over when I was much smaller. I also ate it in Japan. (Japan has so much good food.)

I’ve never had sea urchin; but, I am too much of a scaredy cat to try it. It looks pretty; however, I heard it is very fishy and briny. I do love eating fish, yet shellfish is something I am a bit picky on. (I don’t know if sea urchin counts as shellfish, though.) Maybe I should try it just to say I tried it. I just don’t want to end up wasting it…

I also never had surf clams; but, I would definitely try that. Clams are some of the few shellfish I can tolerate. One of my siblings used to gobble up surf clam sushi like crazy. I should have tried them when I had the chance.
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
oh this is cool! i love spider rolls and eel! though if i'm going somewhere new i usually go for like a California roll to make sure its good
oh this is cool! i love spider rolls and eel! though if i'm going somewhere new i usually go for like a California roll to make sure its good
185fd1db6019e13c63b658e7e970ef1afbc06524.png
Pfp dragon!
FR time +1
Say Hello! I don't bite
Salmon, eel and snapper! I also love anything with roe. :^)
Salmon, eel and snapper! I also love anything with roe. :^)
I found stars on the tip of your tongue/You speak poltergeist and so do I
dark-dragon-hatchling-water-pixel.gif
Glad to see some inarizushi love in this thread!
Glad to see some inarizushi love in this thread!
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
i wanted to say philadelphia rolls, but then i googled it and turns out they look nothing like the american ones in my country, so it's like double inauthentic :''D it's hard to find good sushi where i live, but i still love it.
i wanted to say philadelphia rolls, but then i googled it and turns out they look nothing like the american ones in my country, so it's like double inauthentic :''D it's hard to find good sushi where i live, but i still love it.
markicha | she/her | +11 fr time
english is not my first language!

wishlist | adoptables | avatar
shwx1Vv.gifi'll keep wishing for a world where you can be happy shwx1Vv.gif
no krab sticks are safe from me, i love krab so much [img]https://longwood.brsushi.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Krab-Stick-Kani-Kama.jpg[/img]
no krab sticks are safe from me, i love krab so much

Krab-Stick-Kani-Kama.jpg
ezgif-5-d59d01f068.gif
Debbie / Nova
18 - Non-Binary - Any Pronouns
Art Shop | Wishlist
2kdMs.gifUgAP0.gifyv2d9.gifJ2yrF.gifA6sar.gif
I cant eat any seafood but my local sushi place has these avocado and mango rolls that are so so delightful
I cant eat any seafood but my local sushi place has these avocado and mango rolls that are so so delightful
warm spicy eel w that yummy sweet sauce i cant remember the name of and crunchy tempura flakes on top... ouuhhhg...

spicy tuna... avocado with cucumber for a cool fresh palette cleanser. sashimi is so blessed too.

i want to try some deep fried rolls too, i think our local place has some. haven't been able to go out and get any in years :pensiveworm:
warm spicy eel w that yummy sweet sauce i cant remember the name of and crunchy tempura flakes on top... ouuhhhg...

spicy tuna... avocado with cucumber for a cool fresh palette cleanser. sashimi is so blessed too.

i want to try some deep fried rolls too, i think our local place has some. haven't been able to go out and get any in years :pensiveworm:
nzqnkq.png
my local sushi place has a roll called the summer roll with snow crab inside and peppered tuna on top with a wasabi sauce, and without fail i order that roll along with others every single time i eat from there!

my local sushi place has a roll called the summer roll with snow crab inside and peppered tuna on top with a wasabi sauce, and without fail i order that roll along with others every single time i eat from there!

Fried sweet potato sushi
Fried sweet potato sushi
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10