Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What's Your Favourite Movie with Dragons
1 2 3 4 5 6
I always felt like Reign of Fire never got the appreciation it deserved for an apocalypse/horror movie about what would really happen if humanity awakened the kind of Apex Predator a dragon would be.

Incredible special effects, memorable moments, and just an all around solid movie.

My favorite Dragon game will always be Drakengard.

Spyro holds an extremely dear place in my heart but man, Drakengard was so dark and the story was incredible. Also very underrated. Most people I talk to have never even heard of it.
I always felt like Reign of Fire never got the appreciation it deserved for an apocalypse/horror movie about what would really happen if humanity awakened the kind of Apex Predator a dragon would be.

Incredible special effects, memorable moments, and just an all around solid movie.

Spyro holds an extremely dear place in my heart but man, Drakengard was so dark and the story was incredible. Also very underrated. Most people I talk to have never even heard of it.
nZzzLxJ.png Horror aesthetic/lore lair
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
.......................... Massive Horror fan
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
[quote name="GrimoireBlack" date="2023-02-10 10:45:55" ] I always felt like Reign of Fire never got the appreciation it deserved for an apocalypse/horror movie about what would really happen if humanity awakened the kind of Apex Predator a dragon would be. Incredible special effects, memorable moments, and just an all around solid movie. [/quote] I came here to mention Reign of Fire! How To Train Your Dragon will always be very special...but I think Reign of Fire was one of the first movies I ever saw that had dragons in it and had such a unique take on things that I can't help but list it as my favorite. Don't get me wrong, fantasy dragons are extremely cool, but a non-fantasy apocalypse setting centered around dragons that's played entirely straight? That's good stuff. Good stuff indeed.
GrimoireBlack wrote on 2023-02-10 10:45:55:

I came here to mention Reign of Fire!

How To Train Your Dragon will always be very special...but I think Reign of Fire was one of the first movies I ever saw that had dragons in it and had such a unique take on things that I can't help but list it as my favorite.

Don't get me wrong, fantasy dragons are extremely cool, but a non-fantasy apocalypse setting centered around dragons that's played entirely straight? That's good stuff. Good stuff indeed.
This is an awesome question! I've loved dragons my whole life, and got really into them at one point or another--but deciding my favorite movie(s) is tough!

I grew up watching Dragon Tales, and the first movie that REALLY caught my dragon loving-attention was Quest for Camelot! I watched The Neverending Story a little later on and liked that one okay as a kid, but not nearly as much as QoC.
This is an awesome question! I've loved dragons my whole life, and got really into them at one point or another--but deciding my favorite movie(s) is tough!

I grew up watching Dragon Tales, and the first movie that REALLY caught my dragon loving-attention was Quest for Camelot! I watched The Neverending Story a little later on and liked that one okay as a kid, but not nearly as much as QoC.
GhbEbuY.png
INFJ | He/Him | Web + Graphic Designer

Hi! I'm Doglike. I like napping, tea, and plants
nature.gif
How to train your dragon for me! It came out when I was 6 and I went to see it on the big screen. It is the one thing that kicked off my dragon special interest! Been obsessed with them ever since. That damn movie. Lives so fondly in my heart <3
How to train your dragon for me! It came out when I was 6 and I went to see it on the big screen. It is the one thing that kicked off my dragon special interest! Been obsessed with them ever since. That damn movie. Lives so fondly in my heart <3
zVzI8uZ.jpg
[quote name="AspenCrow" date="2023-02-09 20:40:50" ] How To Train Your Dragon will always have a special place in my heart [/quote] Seconding this. HTTYD is awesome
AspenCrow wrote on 2023-02-09 20:40:50:
How To Train Your Dragon will always have a special place in my heart
Seconding this. HTTYD is awesome
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
Despite it making the dragon the bad guy... I rly love the Smaug in The Hobbit series... he's acted out so well and I love how he looks!
Despite it making the dragon the bad guy... I rly love the Smaug in The Hobbit series... he's acted out so well and I love how he looks!
beacon of the radiant eye terarrium & iri | FR+2 | lightdom | imperial dragons #1 fan
badge hub & wishlist | art shop | avatar dragon
howdy folks. i like dogs, baking, cooking, illustration, and high-fantasy stuff! you can find me at your local renaissance faire dressed up as an elf, probably :)
How to train your dragon :D
How to train your dragon :D
fjFZWJt.png
qWAlLLU.png
KMlmzQi.png
omKpPgG.png
VOowzno.png
_
You have a
beautiful
smile

_ CTuU1r6.pnglAR8cRt.pngA3L5B4e.pngDgEWpcs.png
8Guy5ew.png
_ Fingerguns.gif
Flight of Dragons

It was the only cartoon dragon movie I knew about while growing up. It's certainly showing its age in both its story and animation (it's from the 80s) but it sits pretty close to my heart. Also the opening song still slaps.
Flight of Dragons

It was the only cartoon dragon movie I knew about while growing up. It's certainly showing its age in both its story and animation (it's from the 80s) but it sits pretty close to my heart. Also the opening song still slaps.
Local Overthinker, He/Him, Pings and notifications are fine.
my favorite dragon movie would have to be reign of fire, i also have the ps2 game of it and playing as the dragons is amazing. i spent so many hours on it. [quote name="GrimoireBlack" date="2023-02-10 10:45:55" ]My favorite Dragon game will always be Drakengard. Spyro holds an extremely dear place in my heart but man, Drakengard was so dark and the story was incredible. Also very underrated. Most people I talk to have never even heard of it. [/quote] i beat drakengard 1, and i killed all the enemies. i remember the dialog from angelus being different because of it. there's alternate endings i think?? i haven't looked up the game much and seriously wanna revisit it...i remember it being very difficult...speaking of which i did try drakengard 2 but gave up in in the tutorial because it was super difficult. >_>
my favorite dragon movie would have to be reign of fire, i also have the ps2 game of it and playing as the dragons is amazing. i spent so many hours on it.
GrimoireBlack wrote on 2023-02-10 10:45:55:

i beat drakengard 1, and i killed all the enemies. i remember the dialog from angelus being different because of it. there's alternate endings i think?? i haven't looked up the game much and seriously wanna revisit it...i remember it being very difficult...speaking of which i did try drakengard 2 but gave up in in the tutorial because it was super difficult. >_>
yzUX307.png
Fourthing Reign of Fire! It's a bit of an outlier in dragon media, and the story is of dubious quality, but the CGI is SOOO GOOD for 2002!! I loved it enough to even toss together a baby's first Minecraft modpack based off of it!
Fourthing Reign of Fire! It's a bit of an outlier in dragon media, and the story is of dubious quality, but the CGI is SOOO GOOD for 2002!! I loved it enough to even toss together a baby's first Minecraft modpack based off of it!
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
1 2 3 4 5 6