Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Coli Captcha Update!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I am SO glad that they're making the captchas more accessible! When the first time the new captchas were put in, it was impossible for me to see them at all because of my horrible eyesight. The magnifying glass that was added later helps, but I still have trouble solving them. I'm so happy right now!
I am SO glad that they're making the captchas more accessible! When the first time the new captchas were put in, it was impossible for me to see them at all because of my horrible eyesight. The magnifying glass that was added later helps, but I still have trouble solving them. I'm so happy right now!
Neato! I've personally never had many issues with the captchas but I am SO happy they're working towards making them more accessible.
Neato! I've personally never had many issues with the captchas but I am SO happy they're working towards making them more accessible.
I'm very hyped for the health regen, but especially for the increased resolution. Will make seeing things so much nicer in the long run. Hopefully zoom remains on those and allows a lot clearer of a visual for everyone. Just happy overall with the changes already implemented and the ones yet to come. No longer will I have to refresh every 10 battles in the mire, soon I can refresh every 15 >:D (Joking but also mire despises me)

I know it might be a pain to code but I'd be even more stoked if they found a way to prevent the ultra camo dragons that generate on top of colors that they match near perfectly. Sneaky little suckers those are, even to people who aren't sight impaired. Dunno if it would be possible, but would be lovely if they could ;A;
I'm very hyped for the health regen, but especially for the increased resolution. Will make seeing things so much nicer in the long run. Hopefully zoom remains on those and allows a lot clearer of a visual for everyone. Just happy overall with the changes already implemented and the ones yet to come. No longer will I have to refresh every 10 battles in the mire, soon I can refresh every 15 >:D (Joking but also mire despises me)

I know it might be a pain to code but I'd be even more stoked if they found a way to prevent the ultra camo dragons that generate on top of colors that they match near perfectly. Sneaky little suckers those are, even to people who aren't sight impaired. Dunno if it would be possible, but would be lovely if they could ;A;
vDH0pGc.png
Aw [i]nice[/i], some of those images… [quote name="Pulse" date="2023-01-18 12:31:52" ] No more of THIS [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/727870269087154216/1058838437119135784/puzzle.png[/img] [/quote] …are (were) [i]murder[/i], and I have no color vision problems x_x" Very much looking forward to the health boost, too! [quote name="@DeathbyPixelz" date="2023-01-18 11:57:23" ] I'm just thinking about how you could probably train an AI on the silhouettes of dragons now :,) Not to be a debbie downer but, like... now there's [i]vastly[/i] fewer images you'd have to train something on to get past this. Granted idk how dedicated botters are but I unfortunately don't think this is all benefits. I also don't actually know that much about training AI [s]all I know is that I really really hate most AI these days[/s], but I'm getting a gut feeling y'know. Although I wouldn't complain if someone more knowledgeable than me told me I'm wrong. [/quote] Fair point, although if these bots/auto-solver-things existed as-is, I feel like it doesn’t matter if they’re easier to train since they’re still very much against the rules…? Not that I know anything about how they work either, though :P But based on the neon slushpiles of yore (see quote above) I can’t imagine they’re trained on silhouettes, and complex/multicolored genes could probably throw recognition off too. [size=2]The more I think about it the more I want to know how they work in the first place, though. I can’t get an art program to select a given area, and people make bots to pick dragons out of color blobs???[/size]
Aw nice, some of those images…
Pulse wrote on 2023-01-18 12:31:52:
No more of THIS

puzzle.png
…are (were) murder, and I have no color vision problems x_x" Very much looking forward to the health boost, too!

@DeathbyPixelz wrote on 2023-01-18 11:57:23:
I'm just thinking about how you could probably train an AI on the silhouettes of dragons now :,) Not to be a debbie downer but, like... now there's vastly fewer images you'd have to train something on to get past this. Granted idk how dedicated botters are but I unfortunately don't think this is all benefits.

I also don't actually know that much about training AI all I know is that I really really hate most AI these days, but I'm getting a gut feeling y'know. Although I wouldn't complain if someone more knowledgeable than me told me I'm wrong.

Fair point, although if these bots/auto-solver-things existed as-is, I feel like it doesn’t matter if they’re easier to train since they’re still very much against the rules…? Not that I know anything about how they work either, though :P But based on the neon slushpiles of yore (see quote above) I can’t imagine they’re trained on silhouettes, and complex/multicolored genes could probably throw recognition off too.

The more I think about it the more I want to know how they work in the first place, though. I can’t get an art program to select a given area, and people make bots to pick dragons out of color blobs???
@Archaeoraptor I mean just because something's against the rules doesn't mean people won't do it, y'know. It's against the rules but the existence of these captchas in the first place shows there's a need for them. But you do make a good point about genes.
@Archaeoraptor I mean just because something's against the rules doesn't mean people won't do it, y'know. It's against the rules but the existence of these captchas in the first place shows there's a need for them. But you do make a good point about genes.
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
I am beyond excited! No more dragons with skins and 3+ apparel pieces that just look like unrecognizable blobs
I am beyond excited! No more dragons with skins and 3+ apparel pieces that just look like unrecognizable blobs
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
It's about darn time! My poor eyesight is thankful, lol.
It's about darn time! My poor eyesight is thankful, lol.
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
my eyes have gotten so bad....and then there's the whole mobile issue of big fingers tiny options. i hope they make full screen soon, as i rlly think that would help with the whole mobile issue.

i COULD BE WRONG but i recall full screen mode for mobile not working anymore. idk for sure tho. its been a while.
my eyes have gotten so bad....and then there's the whole mobile issue of big fingers tiny options. i hope they make full screen soon, as i rlly think that would help with the whole mobile issue.

i COULD BE WRONG but i recall full screen mode for mobile not working anymore. idk for sure tho. its been a while.
TBD
It's very good to hear that they're actively working to improve the coli captcha! The improvements so far seem like a good start, and changing the random bonuses to a health restore is a great idea.

However, I am a little doubtful about how much these changes will ultimately improve readability without something being done to ensure the colours of the dragon in the captcha don't blend in with the background. Getting rid of the busier backgrounds might help, but a lot of the time when I'm having difficulty with the captcha it's purely because the dragon's colours are almost identical to the background, and I'm not confident the improvements mentioned will adequately address this issue.
It's very good to hear that they're actively working to improve the coli captcha! The improvements so far seem like a good start, and changing the random bonuses to a health restore is a great idea.

However, I am a little doubtful about how much these changes will ultimately improve readability without something being done to ensure the colours of the dragon in the captcha don't blend in with the background. Getting rid of the busier backgrounds might help, but a lot of the time when I'm having difficulty with the captcha it's purely because the dragon's colours are almost identical to the background, and I'm not confident the improvements mentioned will adequately address this issue.
3sBLd.gif?5g6Xz=party.png
Thank the Gladekeeper, this is much overdue. I have (arguably) perfect vision and these things vex me at times, I can't imagine trying to solve one with any sort of vision impairment. Also excited about the change to the boost it gives--most don't need anything except perhaps EXP or VIT boosts (maybe INT if they have a mage, but that's only gonna benefit one dragon, not all three, and that doesn't even factor in fodder trainers).

I only hope frequency of captcha appearances is adjusted--sometimes they feel like they pop up far too often. Though maybe something has changed recently? Doesn't feel as prevalent as it did in the past, but I'm also not in the coli as much these days outside of fests or events. I also hope they adjust the hitbox--many times I'll click on what I know for sure is the dragon and because I happened to hit that pixel of negative space it didn't count (Spirals are egregious offenders for this). And I don't know if it's just me or not, but I dread finding the dragon on the right side of the image because if it's there, then nine times out of ten I'm gonna fail for some odd reason.
Thank the Gladekeeper, this is much overdue. I have (arguably) perfect vision and these things vex me at times, I can't imagine trying to solve one with any sort of vision impairment. Also excited about the change to the boost it gives--most don't need anything except perhaps EXP or VIT boosts (maybe INT if they have a mage, but that's only gonna benefit one dragon, not all three, and that doesn't even factor in fodder trainers).

I only hope frequency of captcha appearances is adjusted--sometimes they feel like they pop up far too often. Though maybe something has changed recently? Doesn't feel as prevalent as it did in the past, but I'm also not in the coli as much these days outside of fests or events. I also hope they adjust the hitbox--many times I'll click on what I know for sure is the dragon and because I happened to hit that pixel of negative space it didn't count (Spirals are egregious offenders for this). And I don't know if it's just me or not, but I dread finding the dragon on the right side of the image because if it's there, then nine times out of ten I'm gonna fail for some odd reason.
l6mtPEk.pngvCPT6OV.pngb_85x85_by_x_luna_silverwolf_x-dccal3i.png2uwgHqB.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7