Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Open!] Sunnyside Daycare
1 2 3
There's already a nursery in my clan, but let's say this is happening before that was a thing

A flaxen guardian and a gray tundra landed in front of the daycare after flying.

"I hope we're not late," the tundra said.

The guardian craned her neck down to reach the tundra's height. "You can come out now. We're on the ground."

A baby bogsneak poked its head out of the tundra's yellow mane and sniffed the air.

"Dad, where are we?" the bogsneak asked.

"This is a daycare. Your mother and I have to go to work, so we can't look after you sometimes," the tundra replied.

"Don't worry, we'll pick you up in the evening." the guardian added.

The guardian and tundra signed the paperwork and gave it to the spiral that stood outside of the daycare. After that, the bogsneak watched as his parents turned into two dots in the sky. He stayed still looking off into that same direction staying completely still.

Oh I was typing this and someone already responded, so let's say this message was before Oreo sent the report.
There's already a nursery in my clan, but let's say this is happening before that was a thing

A flaxen guardian and a gray tundra landed in front of the daycare after flying.

"I hope we're not late," the tundra said.

The guardian craned her neck down to reach the tundra's height. "You can come out now. We're on the ground."

A baby bogsneak poked its head out of the tundra's yellow mane and sniffed the air.

"Dad, where are we?" the bogsneak asked.

"This is a daycare. Your mother and I have to go to work, so we can't look after you sometimes," the tundra replied.

"Don't worry, we'll pick you up in the evening." the guardian added.

The guardian and tundra signed the paperwork and gave it to the spiral that stood outside of the daycare. After that, the bogsneak watched as his parents turned into two dots in the sky. He stayed still looking off into that same direction staying completely still.

Oh I was typing this and someone already responded, so let's say this message was before Oreo sent the report.
((Out of character))
Oh mb didn't realize you were still typing!
((Out of character))
Oh mb didn't realize you were still typing!
o9GbwME.png 9GImlPT.png Untitled367.png Untitled19.png
Siren looks over the letter sent from home, humming softly. "Sea, come look at this." His mate walked over from the machine she was tinkering with to look at the carved stone. She tilted her head. "For Lio?" He nodded. "Nebula said her hatchling went there, she said some good things about them. It'd be good for him to make some friends..." Sea seemed to be conflicted for a second before sighing. "Sure, why not. I'll ask him once I'm done with this stubborn little-" She shot some glares at the receptor that had been malfunctioning all week. "Anyways, I'll ask him what he thinks, and if he seems interested I'll take him as soon as the paperwork's done." [quote][b]Scratched into a stone tablet[/b][i][indent][b]Name of hatchling:[/b] Lionfish [b]Age[/b]: 4 days ((How do dragon ages work?? The dragon equivalent of 4 years old.)) [b]Guardian 1:[/b] Siren [b]Guardian 2:[/b] Sea [b]Address to contact:[/b] The Drowned Sanctum, Sea of a Thousand Currents Contact the Oculus of Eleven if you can't reach us. [b]Allergies:[/b] Not really, though he tends to only eat seaweed or insects sent from the Oculus. [b]Medical conditions:[/b] (is there any special care we should do for your hatchling?) None at the moment. [b]Temperament: (does it bite?)[/b] He likes to be a 'protector,' so he'll probably latch onto someone and bite anyone who hurts them. It all depends on how aggressive the others are towards his dragons, as he'll only attack if he thinks they're threatened. [b]Diet:[/b] Plants and Insects [b]Hunting opt-out: (Mask runs a hunting program; would you like your hatchling to not participate?)[/b] As previously stated, Lio eats plants and insects, so I don't think he'll be needing that unless there's an option for insect hunting, though there's not many of those in the Drowned Sanctum where we live. [b]Other:[/b] None at the moment, though Sea and I will keep you updated! [right][b]~Siren[/b][/right][/indent][/i][/quote]
Siren looks over the letter sent from home, humming softly. "Sea, come look at this."

His mate walked over from the machine she was tinkering with to look at the carved stone. She tilted her head. "For Lio?"

He nodded. "Nebula said her hatchling went there, she said some good things about them. It'd be good for him to make some friends..."

Sea seemed to be conflicted for a second before sighing. "Sure, why not. I'll ask him once I'm done with this stubborn little-" She shot some glares at the receptor that had been malfunctioning all week. "Anyways, I'll ask him what he thinks, and if he seems interested I'll take him as soon as the paperwork's done."
Quote:
Scratched into a stone tablet
Name of hatchling: Lionfish
Age: 4 days ((How do dragon ages work?? The dragon equivalent of 4 years old.))
Guardian 1: Siren
Guardian 2: Sea
Address to contact: The Drowned Sanctum, Sea of a Thousand Currents
Contact the Oculus of Eleven if you can't reach us.
Allergies: Not really, though he tends to only eat seaweed or insects sent from the Oculus.
Medical conditions: (is there any special care we should do for your hatchling?) None at the moment.
Temperament: (does it bite?) He likes to be a 'protector,' so he'll probably latch onto someone and bite anyone who hurts them. It all depends on how aggressive the others are towards his dragons, as he'll only attack if he thinks they're threatened.
Diet: Plants and Insects
Hunting opt-out: (Mask runs a hunting program; would you like your hatchling to not participate?) As previously stated, Lio eats plants and insects, so I don't think he'll be needing that unless there's an option for insect hunting, though there's not many of those in the Drowned Sanctum where we live.
Other: None at the moment, though Sea and I will keep you updated!
~Siren
~He/They Pronouns
arcane_by_redrockss-db073dz.png
[Columns][Img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/878019946200842311/1060912872831582218/image0.png[/img][nextcol][size=4]>Mask approaches you, he seems a bit off balance...[/size][/columns] Ah, welcome back. It would seem [i]he shakes himself, a Mirror hatchling tumbling out from behind his wing and running off[/i] that he did rather well... from my point of view, anyway. As mentioned, he did display the "protective" behavior- thank goodness he didn't pick one of my children, he'd have been miserable. He's been following Oreo around all day, you can find him over there. Forgive me... [i]he skitters off, chasing after two more Mirror hatchlings- both holding spears, chasing yet another Mirror hatchling. It's strange, all of them have strong resembalence to Mask himself...[/i] [Columns][Img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/878019946200842311/1064698089203576903/72486645p.png[/img][nextcol][size=4]> Oreo notices you and walks over, holding a few stacks of paper and a small hatchling in her talons.[/columns] Oh, hi! Sorry, I bet Mask had to run off again... here's the full report. No real incidents, and he did enjoy plenty of shale skitter crunchies. She hands you the report and sends Lionfish your way. [Center] ~~~~~ [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1059619603656998953/1060918344569593906/4B7B0E61-7780-4EEF-A913-2B9298381F4B.png[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/3200459/2#post_53243042][/img][/url] [I]Your hatchling's badge! Feel free to use it in their bio.[/i]
image0.png >Mask approaches you, he seems a bit off balance...
Ah, welcome back. It would seem he shakes himself, a Mirror hatchling tumbling out from behind his wing and running off that he did rather well... from my point of view, anyway. As mentioned, he did display the "protective" behavior- thank goodness he didn't pick one of my children, he'd have been miserable. He's been following Oreo around all day, you can find him over there. Forgive me... he skitters off, chasing after two more Mirror hatchlings- both holding spears, chasing yet another Mirror hatchling. It's strange, all of them have strong resembalence to Mask himself...
72486645p.png > Oreo notices you and walks over, holding a few stacks of paper and a small hatchling in her talons.
Oh, hi! Sorry, I bet Mask had to run off again... here's the full report. No real incidents, and he did enjoy plenty of shale skitter crunchies. She hands you the report and sends Lionfish your way.
~~~~~

4B7B0E61-7780-4EEF-A913-2B9298381F4B.png
Your hatchling's badge! Feel free to use it in their bio.
((Out of character))
@KittenKats
Sorry for taking so long! Had some issues on my end. Hope this works, I had fun messing with the interaction :)
((Out of character))
@KittenKats
Sorry for taking so long! Had some issues on my end. Hope this works, I had fun messing with the interaction :)
@IAmASnek1234
((This is so cute! Thanks!
Siren smiles, and takes the report. He leaves the payment on a counter before thinking twice and putting it higher up.

"Did you have fun, Lio?"

Lio nods excitedly, his mane flying around. Siren bends down, and he crawls up onto his back.

"Bye!" Lionfish calls as Siren takes off, flying back towards the Sanctum.
@IAmASnek1234
((This is so cute! Thanks!
Siren smiles, and takes the report. He leaves the payment on a counter before thinking twice and putting it higher up.

"Did you have fun, Lio?"

Lio nods excitedly, his mane flying around. Siren bends down, and he crawls up onto his back.

"Bye!" Lionfish calls as Siren takes off, flying back towards the Sanctum.
~He/They Pronouns
arcane_by_redrockss-db073dz.png
(Out of character: this is such a cool idea! Feel free to ping me multiple times if needed!) [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/CHm3Nwu.png[/img] Yesterday evening, Whelve has delivered a bundle of rare scrolls to the library, the parchment yellowed with age and the edges fraying. These must be handled with a delicate touch and preferably transcribed on a tome with the latest preservation and cataloging magics, since Crypt wants to return the originals to the nearby clans in good condition. Such a task would conflict with his daily duties as a caretaker for the islet's youngsters. With most of the hatchlings apprenticed, it was easy to accommodate all but one parti- "No!" "Foliar, it is only for one day." The Gaoler refuses to release the door from her jaws. "I did say they have pretty plants, did I?" With a sigh Crypt rubs his brow. Usually she's running all over the place and ducking into the most dangerous haunts when unsupervised, but the one time she's asked to do exactly that... Oh well. With a smile he takes off his coat, changing his spats for the plush indoor bunny slippers. "Alright then. If Foliar wants to spend her day in the library, uncle Crypt will watch you and work on another day." When he begins taking out the storybooks, the door creaks, followed by some shuffling. "There's Flowers?" ... Allright. ----- Crypt approaches the daycare, unsure if he's supposed to enter or wait at the entrance. Before he is able to make his descision, Foliar wrenches her hand out of his, disappearing into a nearby bush. "Foliar, can we go in first and watch the bush later? Then you can play all you want and I'll stop nagging." The shrubbery shakes, followed by a tearing sound. Dragging a branch behind her, The hatchling pokes her nose out. It's a freshly snapped branch. "Allright Foliar?" She doesn't answer, busy examining her bounty, but she does end up following him into the daycare. "Hello! I'd like to enroll Foliar for the day!" He takes out a filled in form from his pocket:[/center] [quote]Name of hatchling: Foliar [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/51818185][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/518182/51818185_350.png[/img][/url] Age: 3 years old Guardian 1: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/48353045]Crypt[/url] Guardian 2: N/A Address to contact: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/582838]Islet's Library's postbox and reception![/url] Allergies: N/A: Foliar is a plague dragon and thus can digest a lot. Not a picky eater. Medical conditions: N/A Temperament: She's very energetic gremlin. Impish. Does bite occasionally. Asks for head-pats. May headbutt you when snuggling. Diet: Plants, meat and occasionally bugs or fish (which do not have too much nutritional value for Gaolers but she will sneak those foods. Whatever moves is edible in Foliar's mind.). Hunting opt-out: Foliar does like to hunt by running after things, but is best at ambushes. (More information in her battle stats charts: she's very agile, decently quick, strong and smart for her age. Gets a lot of exercise.) She is quite good at plague magic for her age. Other: Loves gardening and flowers! (May eat some of the flowers, so do not let her near your treasured blooms.) [/quote]
(Out of character: this is such a cool idea! Feel free to ping me multiple times if needed!)
CHm3Nwu.png
Yesterday evening, Whelve has delivered a bundle of rare scrolls to the library, the parchment yellowed with age and the edges fraying. These must be handled with a delicate touch and preferably transcribed on a tome with the latest preservation and cataloging magics, since Crypt wants to return the originals to the nearby clans in good condition. Such a task would conflict with his daily duties as a caretaker for the islet's youngsters. With most of the hatchlings apprenticed, it was easy to accommodate all but one parti-

"No!"

"Foliar, it is only for one day."

The Gaoler refuses to release the door from her jaws.

"I did say they have pretty plants, did I?"

With a sigh Crypt rubs his brow. Usually she's running all over the place and ducking into the most dangerous haunts when unsupervised, but the one time she's asked to do exactly that...

Oh well. With a smile he takes off his coat, changing his spats for the plush indoor bunny slippers.

"Alright then. If Foliar wants to spend her day in the library, uncle Crypt will watch you and work on another day."

When he begins taking out the storybooks, the door creaks, followed by some shuffling.

"There's Flowers?"

... Allright.

Crypt approaches the daycare, unsure if he's supposed to enter or wait at the entrance. Before he is able to make his descision, Foliar wrenches her hand out of his, disappearing into a nearby bush.

"Foliar, can we go in first and watch the bush later? Then you can play all you want and I'll stop nagging."

The shrubbery shakes, followed by a tearing sound. Dragging a branch behind her, The hatchling pokes her nose out. It's a freshly snapped branch.

"Allright Foliar?"

She doesn't answer, busy examining her bounty, but she does end up following him into the daycare.

"Hello! I'd like to enroll Foliar for the day!"

He takes out a filled in form from his pocket:
Quote:
Name of hatchling: Foliar
51818185_350.png
Guardian 1: Crypt
Guardian 2: N/A
Address to contact: Islet's Library's postbox and reception!
Allergies: N/A: Foliar is a plague dragon and thus can digest a lot. Not a picky eater.
Medical conditions: N/A
Temperament: She's very energetic gremlin. Impish. Does bite occasionally. Asks for head-pats. May headbutt you when snuggling.
Diet: Plants, meat and occasionally bugs or fish (which do not have too much nutritional value for Gaolers but she will sneak those foods. Whatever moves is edible in Foliar's mind.).
Hunting opt-out: Foliar does like to hunt by running after things, but is best at ambushes. (More information in her battle stats charts: she's very agile, decently quick, strong and smart for her age. Gets a lot of exercise.) She is quite good at plague magic for her age.
Other: Loves gardening and flowers! (May eat some of the flowers, so do not let her near your treasured blooms.)
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=83192394][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/831924/83192394p.png[/img][/url] A very tired-looking Coatl comes out from the back room, and takes Foliar’s claws. “Come along, little one. Let’s go color!” He said, trying to muster up some excitement. She squirmed in his claws, and scampered away into the daycare. “…alright then. We can play something else instead.” Sunny sighed, taking the form from Crypt. “Let’s see here… Alright, this all looks good. I’m sure Foliar will have a good time here.” He nodded, putting the file away in his office before following a swarm of mirrors into the main playroom. ----- It was late afternoon in the daycare, and Sunny stood with Foliar in the main waiting area. He handed Crypt the written report for his hatchling; at the bottom, the total payment was 12 dabloons. “Foliar had a very good day here, and had quite the run in with the snack table. She um… she ate a lot of the snacks, so her dinner appetite may be ruined. We really apologize, but she’s just so sneaky!” He sighed before continuing. “She also took some of the flowers on the windowsill, which we probably shouldn’t leave so accessible, so that’s on us. She’s free to keep them, of course. Overall, she seemed to have a lot of fun running around with the other hatchlings, and was relatively well behaved. I hope you two have a great day!” He smiled cheerily, although his demeanor looked very exhausted. A small badge was taped to the top of the page: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/3200459/2#post_53244952][img]https://imgur.com/OogoXV1.jpg[/img][/url] [code][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/3200459/2#post_53244952][img]https://imgur.com/OogoXV1.jpg[/img][/url][/code] ((Out of character: @Islet Thanks for rping! Feel free to put the badge in Foliar’s bio :)))
83192394p.png

A very tired-looking Coatl comes out from the back room, and takes Foliar’s claws.
“Come along, little one. Let’s go color!” He said, trying to muster up some excitement. She squirmed in his claws, and scampered away into the daycare.
“…alright then. We can play something else instead.” Sunny sighed, taking the form from Crypt.

“Let’s see here… Alright, this all looks good. I’m sure Foliar will have a good time here.” He nodded, putting the file away in his office before following a swarm of mirrors into the main playroom.

It was late afternoon in the daycare, and Sunny stood with Foliar in the main waiting area. He handed Crypt the written report for his hatchling; at the bottom, the total payment was 12 dabloons.

“Foliar had a very good day here, and had quite the run in with the snack table. She um… she ate a lot of the snacks, so her dinner appetite may be ruined. We really apologize, but she’s just so sneaky!” He sighed before continuing. “She also took some of the flowers on the windowsill, which we probably shouldn’t leave so accessible, so that’s on us. She’s free to keep them, of course. Overall, she seemed to have a lot of fun running around with the other hatchlings, and was relatively well behaved. I hope you two have a great day!” He smiled cheerily, although his demeanor looked very exhausted.

A small badge was taped to the top of the page:
OogoXV1.jpg
Code:
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/3200459/2#post_53244952][img]https://imgur.com/OogoXV1.jpg[/img][/url]
((Out of character: @Islet Thanks for rping! Feel free to put the badge in Foliar’s bio :)))
ZTPHjAD.png
sQMcqHN.png
rI18gRz.png
mlHpBMC.png

YMPbu9R.png ..
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
AA5F096A-F54B-4264-BBB4-0A3B9EEA92A7.png 4oK2ijv.jpg Untitled19.png
"Ah of course! I'm happy you could take h-Oof!"

Crypt stumbles as Foliar headbuts him in the stomach. He hugs her back, giving the coatl a tired smile before laughing at the sight of Foliar's wagging tail.

"Yes, yes, uncle Crypt missed you too..."

Foliar nuzzles into his coat, smearing a line of greenish drool over his chest. Resigned to being a convenient napkin he pats her on the head, then tilts her head to get a look at what she's snacking on.

She's chewing on... something leafy?

"Are those the flowers?"

Foliar remains silent, proclaiming her innocence with a wide gaze. Her chewing speeds up though.

Crypt sighs. Well, it's not the first time she eats a gift.

"I'm surprised she behaved, but yes, she does have a thing for snacks."

He pauses, suddenly alarmed.

"I forgot to mention this, but you didn't have any bite-sized familiars nearby, do you? She's eaten some of Ocelli's prized beetles before, so you may want to check if there were any."

"Wanna go home!"

Crypt pats on the head, carefully dislodging her and placing her on his hip. The flight back was going to be a turbulent one with that energy.

"Anyways," he says, pulling out his wallet in search of dabloons. "I'm so glad you could watch her on such short notice. I may need to trouble you again in the future!"

"Home!"

Deftly, he counts out 12, handing the money to Sunny.

"Shhh... Of we go!"

(Out of character Edit: oh haha, I just saw your message at the end! Thank you too, this was very fun and I liked what you wrote as well! Foliar is an odd child after all XD)
"Ah of course! I'm happy you could take h-Oof!"

Crypt stumbles as Foliar headbuts him in the stomach. He hugs her back, giving the coatl a tired smile before laughing at the sight of Foliar's wagging tail.

"Yes, yes, uncle Crypt missed you too..."

Foliar nuzzles into his coat, smearing a line of greenish drool over his chest. Resigned to being a convenient napkin he pats her on the head, then tilts her head to get a look at what she's snacking on.

She's chewing on... something leafy?

"Are those the flowers?"

Foliar remains silent, proclaiming her innocence with a wide gaze. Her chewing speeds up though.

Crypt sighs. Well, it's not the first time she eats a gift.

"I'm surprised she behaved, but yes, she does have a thing for snacks."

He pauses, suddenly alarmed.

"I forgot to mention this, but you didn't have any bite-sized familiars nearby, do you? She's eaten some of Ocelli's prized beetles before, so you may want to check if there were any."

"Wanna go home!"

Crypt pats on the head, carefully dislodging her and placing her on his hip. The flight back was going to be a turbulent one with that energy.

"Anyways," he says, pulling out his wallet in search of dabloons. "I'm so glad you could watch her on such short notice. I may need to trouble you again in the future!"

"Home!"

Deftly, he counts out 12, handing the money to Sunny.

"Shhh... Of we go!"

(Out of character Edit: oh haha, I just saw your message at the end! Thank you too, this was very fun and I liked what you wrote as well! Foliar is an odd child after all XD)
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
A Fae comes rushing in, comically almost the size of the Wildclaw hatchling trailing him.
(Laros)
"Hi! I heard soria was working here, i came to enroll Glow." grabs a form from the counter and fills it out.
Name of hatchling: Glow
Guardian 1: Laros
Guardian 2: None
Address to contact: Walleye Thrive Clan. Just send a message if theres any problems!
Allergies: Allergic to most fish
Medical conditions: Glow is a little slow when it comes to others, please give her time to process things.
Temperament: (does it bite? You can also put some personality here) I dont think she will bite.
Diet: Meat
Hunting opt-out: (Mask runs a hunting program; would you like your hatchling to not participate?) She can participate!
Other: She might cling to Soria or sit in a corner all day. Also, due to her size, she might plonk down on top of Ms. Oreo. Sorry in advance!
The fae quickly signs the form and leaves, muttering about needing to make sure the others arent burning down the clan..
A Fae comes rushing in, comically almost the size of the Wildclaw hatchling trailing him.
(Laros)
"Hi! I heard soria was working here, i came to enroll Glow." grabs a form from the counter and fills it out.
Name of hatchling: Glow
Guardian 1: Laros
Guardian 2: None
Address to contact: Walleye Thrive Clan. Just send a message if theres any problems!
Allergies: Allergic to most fish
Medical conditions: Glow is a little slow when it comes to others, please give her time to process things.
Temperament: (does it bite? You can also put some personality here) I dont think she will bite.
Diet: Meat
Hunting opt-out: (Mask runs a hunting program; would you like your hatchling to not participate?) She can participate!
Other: She might cling to Soria or sit in a corner all day. Also, due to her size, she might plonk down on top of Ms. Oreo. Sorry in advance!
The fae quickly signs the form and leaves, muttering about needing to make sure the others arent burning down the clan..
She/They and a Biromantic mess.
1 2 3