Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Account Deletion
is there a way to delete your account? I haven't played in a while and want to start over
is there a way to delete your account? I haven't played in a while and want to start over
You cannot delete your account just for the sake of rerolling progens and the likes.
You cannot delete your account just for the sake of rerolling progens and the likes.
@Bristlefrost11

Adding to what Corviknight said, you can't delete your account nor can you request it be locked unless you live in the EU. Due to their privacy laws I believe, FR is required to delete your account if you request it to be.

To do this and to see what you'd have to do to show you're from the EU, you'd have to contact them through Contact Us/Support.

Otherwise, just abandoning your account is fine. If you're sure you never want to return or use the account again, you could always change your password to gibberish.

Although, considering you're wanting to do this with the intent of creating another account, I don't think you will be allowed due to FR's ToS stating you may only have 1 account. If they were to find out you had multiple, you would risk getting the new account & old account locked.

It's probably easier/best if you wipe all your dragons (exalt them) and hatch new "progens". Some users even take it further with changing their username + flight as well.
@Bristlefrost11

Adding to what Corviknight said, you can't delete your account nor can you request it be locked unless you live in the EU. Due to their privacy laws I believe, FR is required to delete your account if you request it to be.

To do this and to see what you'd have to do to show you're from the EU, you'd have to contact them through Contact Us/Support.

Otherwise, just abandoning your account is fine. If you're sure you never want to return or use the account again, you could always change your password to gibberish.

Although, considering you're wanting to do this with the intent of creating another account, I don't think you will be allowed due to FR's ToS stating you may only have 1 account. If they were to find out you had multiple, you would risk getting the new account & old account locked.

It's probably easier/best if you wipe all your dragons (exalt them) and hatch new "progens". Some users even take it further with changing their username + flight as well.
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
alright thanks!
alright thanks!
[quote name="DeathSpecter" date="2023-01-05 19:43:19" ] @Bristlefrost11 Adding to what Corviknight said, you can't delete your account nor can you request it be locked unless you live in the EU. Due to their privacy laws I believe, FR is required to delete your account if you request it to be. Although, considering you're wanting to do this with the intent of creating another account, I don't think you will be allowed due to FR's ToS stating you may only have 1 account. If they were to find out you had multiple, you would risk getting the new account & old account locked. [/quote] This is just some clarification: FR doesn't delete accounts. You can only request they be locked. [s]Also, you are allowed to create a new account! Plenty of people have. The only string attached is that you can [b]never[/b] play on your old one again, since that would qualify as multi-accounting. If you do, you risk both being locked. If you have stuff on your old account you don't want, I recommend giving it all away in the giveaways forum, changing your password, and making a new account.[/s] nope, disproved, i'm just stupid and can't remember things
DeathSpecter wrote on 2023-01-05 19:43:19:
@Bristlefrost11

This is just some clarification: FR doesn't delete accounts. You can only request they be locked.

Also, you are allowed to create a new account! Plenty of people have. The only string attached is that you can never play on your old one again, since that would qualify as multi-accounting. If you do, you risk both being locked. If you have stuff on your old account you don't want, I recommend giving it all away in the giveaways forum, changing your password, and making a new account.

nope, disproved, i'm just stupid and can't remember things
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
>> Bean's Showcase, Boutique, and Workshop
@Zikitty @Bristlefrost11 correction: creating a new account when your current one is accessible and in good standing is [i]not[/i] allowed, [i]even if the two accounts never interact[/i]. that's still an advantage in its own right to re-create progens, etc. from the [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=81]Terms[/url] that we all agree to by signing up (emphasis mine): [quote=Terms of Use]1. You agree to provide accurate information upon registration. This includes your own name, your own valid email address, and your own date of birth. This information must remain accurate, and must be updated if your circumstances change. 2. It is the user's responsibility to create a strong password and keep that password secure from the knowledge of others. 3. Members may not share accounts. This includes sharing account details with any other member. [b]4. You agree to register a maximum of one account per individual user.[/b] 5. Your privilege to use the Services is not transferable. Your account may not be given away or sold to another user or person.[/quote]
@Zikitty @Bristlefrost11 correction: creating a new account when your current one is accessible and in good standing is not allowed, even if the two accounts never interact. that's still an advantage in its own right to re-create progens, etc.

from the Terms that we all agree to by signing up (emphasis mine):
Terms of Use wrote:
1. You agree to provide accurate information upon registration. This includes your own name, your own valid email address, and your own date of birth. This information must remain accurate, and must be updated if your circumstances change.

2. It is the user's responsibility to create a strong password and keep that password secure from the knowledge of others.

3. Members may not share accounts. This includes sharing account details with any other member.

4. You agree to register a maximum of one account per individual user.

5. Your privilege to use the Services is not transferable. Your account may not be given away or sold to another user or person.
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
Hm. I haven't visited the terms in a while, guess I'd forgotten about that bit. It does seem to be a loosely enforced rule, however, unless that's because a lot of second accounts are from people who got locked out?
Hm. I haven't visited the terms in a while, guess I'd forgotten about that bit. It does seem to be a loosely enforced rule, however, unless that's because a lot of second accounts are from people who got locked out?
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
>> Bean's Showcase, Boutique, and Workshop
@Zikitty
You are allowed to make another account if your previous one gets locked (as in, banned, not "I forgot my login info") and not under any other circumstances. If you see people who you suspect are genuinely multiaccounting, it should be reported via Contact Us and not taken to mean that the rule is not enforced. There are too many accounts for the staff to be able to keep constant tabs on all of them.
@Zikitty
You are allowed to make another account if your previous one gets locked (as in, banned, not "I forgot my login info") and not under any other circumstances. If you see people who you suspect are genuinely multiaccounting, it should be reported via Contact Us and not taken to mean that the rule is not enforced. There are too many accounts for the staff to be able to keep constant tabs on all of them.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
Good morning! In case there was any doubt or confusion, I want to confirm that creating another account would be a violation of the site Terms of Use and would result in all involved accounts being closed. There are no exceptions to this rule. Thanks!

Good morning! In case there was any doubt or confusion, I want to confirm that creating another account would be a violation of the site Terms of Use and would result in all involved accounts being closed. There are no exceptions to this rule. Thanks!

Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.