Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Tiny Little Questions
1 2 ... 2943 2944 2945 2946 2947 ... 3166 3167
@SleepyTiefling in that case it seems like the primary purpose is to share/advertise Dragons, so check Dragon Share.
@SleepyTiefling in that case it seems like the primary purpose is to share/advertise Dragons, so check Dragon Share.
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
Sorry for the questions...

I am making lore for my dragons and I came to a realization. I know it's up to everyone's well... view on the take... but was curious when making lore does anyone ever take age into account? Like for example my dragon gershwin is only 7 months but his lore (when I write it down on his bio) says he is from long ago...

But when I thought of that I began to have another question... if people do take age into account (well the site owner at least) would that mean the age the dragons are in now (the age after which the dragons gods/goddess's/deities) woke up fron the pillar) has only started... well started at the age of the first modern dragon? (No idea how long fr has been around lmao).

Or am I just overthrowing this and age is just really irrelevant to the lore of the site and everything?
Sorry for the questions...

I am making lore for my dragons and I came to a realization. I know it's up to everyone's well... view on the take... but was curious when making lore does anyone ever take age into account? Like for example my dragon gershwin is only 7 months but his lore (when I write it down on his bio) says he is from long ago...

But when I thought of that I began to have another question... if people do take age into account (well the site owner at least) would that mean the age the dragons are in now (the age after which the dragons gods/goddess's/deities) woke up fron the pillar) has only started... well started at the age of the first modern dragon? (No idea how long fr has been around lmao).

Or am I just overthrowing this and age is just really irrelevant to the lore of the site and everything?
@maxipride lots of people completely ignore the age factor, especially when writing about how old someone is aka saying "she's 3 weeks old and has a degree in Arcane biomechanics" just tends to not work so well :^P

HOWEVER, I have seen some ideas floating around of incorporating Flight Rising age into lore, like the oldest, lowest digit dragons being primordial beings or something like that. I personally don't look at the age, but what do I even look at lmao...

Anyways, it's up to you! You can choose whatever fits you, you can even choose to consider only one or two dragons and that's it
@maxipride lots of people completely ignore the age factor, especially when writing about how old someone is aka saying "she's 3 weeks old and has a degree in Arcane biomechanics" just tends to not work so well :^P

HOWEVER, I have seen some ideas floating around of incorporating Flight Rising age into lore, like the oldest, lowest digit dragons being primordial beings or something like that. I personally don't look at the age, but what do I even look at lmao...

Anyways, it's up to you! You can choose whatever fits you, you can even choose to consider only one or two dragons and that's it
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
@Maxipride
To clarify further, you do not have to take into account any aspect of, well, anything. You can follow canon lore, or you can completely make up your own, or you can do a mixture of both. You have completely free reign as long as you stay within the ToS. If you wanted the devs' answer to the question, you'd have to ask via Contact Us.
@Maxipride
To clarify further, you do not have to take into account any aspect of, well, anything. You can follow canon lore, or you can completely make up your own, or you can do a mixture of both. You have completely free reign as long as you stay within the ToS. If you wanted the devs' answer to the question, you'd have to ask via Contact Us.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
@Natron and @Tserin

Thanks for answering I was mostly just wondering. I see how a 3 week old has a degree I anything besides learning how to start flying 101 is a bit... weird lmao

Oh maybe dragons age is like cats and dogs... the age on the profile is just human years? O.O though instead of the average year for a cat or dog a dragon year is well... a lot more.. since a dragon can breed within a week.. meaning at 1 week a dragon could basically be a mature dragon which is a really log time if you look up dragon maturity online.
@Natron and @Tserin

Thanks for answering I was mostly just wondering. I see how a 3 week old has a degree I anything besides learning how to start flying 101 is a bit... weird lmao

Oh maybe dragons age is like cats and dogs... the age on the profile is just human years? O.O though instead of the average year for a cat or dog a dragon year is well... a lot more.. since a dragon can breed within a week.. meaning at 1 week a dragon could basically be a mature dragon which is a really log time if you look up dragon maturity online.
I'm looking at just the first ten hibden tasks and nearly all of the items are Training Fields drops- is it better practice to buy the materials from the AH or farm them? A little curious what others would recommend especially since I could be leveling fodder in the Mire and passively getting food/misc drops instead.
I'm looking at just the first ten hibden tasks and nearly all of the items are Training Fields drops- is it better practice to buy the materials from the AH or farm them? A little curious what others would recommend especially since I could be leveling fodder in the Mire and passively getting food/misc drops instead.
@Kareshi
That's completely up to you and what you would rather prioritize - grinding to get the items for free, or training fodder to get more money to buy them.
@Kareshi
That's completely up to you and what you would rather prioritize - grinding to get the items for free, or training fodder to get more money to buy them.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
@Tserin
Oh joy, decisions. But good to know they're both similar enough efficiency-wise (I assume), thanks for letting me know!
@Tserin
Oh joy, decisions. But good to know they're both similar enough efficiency-wise (I assume), thanks for letting me know!
Is there a word count in dragon biographies?
I's like to write small parts of a story in each of my dragons bio, so it makes one long story when read in order.
But it would average around 3000 words per dragon, and I'm not sure if that's allowed.
Is there a word count in dragon biographies?
I's like to write small parts of a story in each of my dragons bio, so it makes one long story when read in order.
But it would average around 3000 words per dragon, and I'm not sure if that's allowed.
@SunflowerSnow

You're allowed to include anything in dragon bios, as long as the content doesn't break the Rules & Policies or ToU. Both are linked at the very, very bottom of every page, if you need to check again.

I can tell you that dragon bios do have a character limit...but if memory serves, it was about 16+ Word-document-pages-worth of single letters. Or, speaking from personal experience, it was several dozen dragons' full profile information worth before it cut off anything else I tried to add.

So, yeah, 3,000 words is more than fine.
@SunflowerSnow

You're allowed to include anything in dragon bios, as long as the content doesn't break the Rules & Policies or ToU. Both are linked at the very, very bottom of every page, if you need to check again.

I can tell you that dragon bios do have a character limit...but if memory serves, it was about 16+ Word-document-pages-worth of single letters. Or, speaking from personal experience, it was several dozen dragons' full profile information worth before it cut off anything else I tried to add.

So, yeah, 3,000 words is more than fine.
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
1 2 ... 2943 2944 2945 2946 2947 ... 3166 3167