Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What are some "rare" media you know
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
[quote name="@AspenCrow" date="2022-12-20 03:05:57" ] The Unwanteds by Lisa McMann and Catwings by Ursula K. Le Guin. I've never met someone who's read these books [/quote] my brother loved the unwanteds! you are not alone.
@AspenCrow wrote on 2022-12-20 03:05:57:
The Unwanteds by Lisa McMann and Catwings by Ursula K. Le Guin. I've never met someone who's read these books
my brother loved the unwanteds! you are not alone.
wqnTQE2.png
addams » she / her » avatar dragon
“i think i might have fallen in love...”
”...what am i to do?”

Wolves of the Beyond omg, good stuff!

Not sure if it's popular within Australia, but a show with a horse called "The Silver Brumby". I remember I loved it as a kid, I'm tempted to rewatch it online at some point.

Currently big fan of an animated series called "No Evil" by Betsy Lee on Youtube!
Wolves of the Beyond omg, good stuff!

Not sure if it's popular within Australia, but a show with a horse called "The Silver Brumby". I remember I loved it as a kid, I'm tempted to rewatch it online at some point.

Currently big fan of an animated series called "No Evil" by Betsy Lee on Youtube!
Nocta | she/they | +10 FR time
"Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope."
6pMAXtp.jpg
When the discussion turns to anime no one's ever heard of Umamusume.
When the discussion turns to anime no one's ever heard of Umamusume.
bloom-into-you-manga-banner.jpg
Being a poor kid has some great advantages because i ended up having to stick to bargin bin stuff, namely obscure old things. But i also have quite obscure interests so it helps!
Tv shows

G1 MLP (mainly the pilot episode, love it), The new adventures of black beauty, Blinky bill (he really dropped off the face of the earth, even in Australia), The silver brumby, Pat and Mat (i usually don't like slapstick but i laugh myself to tears watching this show), Silverwing (i remember when this show appeared randomly. I got so invested and then they just.. stopped),
Video games

The dog island, primal rage, guardians of gahoole, the sims 2 (strangetown hotel ds spinoff), horseland (online mmorpg), bella sarah online game, Mario and sonic at the olympic games,
Board games
AtmosFEAR/Nightmare,
Books

wolves of the beyond, guardians of gahoole, black beauty (no one seems to talk about it anymore atleast), call of the wild,
Movies
the cluedo movie, Mortal Kombat (live action), guardians of gahoole
Misc
Country Humans (is it too popular for this?? idk), Bella sarah trading cards (look okay i like pretty horseys), Vashti Bunyan (singer),
Being a poor kid has some great advantages because i ended up having to stick to bargin bin stuff, namely obscure old things. But i also have quite obscure interests so it helps!
Tv shows

G1 MLP (mainly the pilot episode, love it), The new adventures of black beauty, Blinky bill (he really dropped off the face of the earth, even in Australia), The silver brumby, Pat and Mat (i usually don't like slapstick but i laugh myself to tears watching this show), Silverwing (i remember when this show appeared randomly. I got so invested and then they just.. stopped),
Video games

The dog island, primal rage, guardians of gahoole, the sims 2 (strangetown hotel ds spinoff), horseland (online mmorpg), bella sarah online game, Mario and sonic at the olympic games,
Board games
AtmosFEAR/Nightmare,
Books

wolves of the beyond, guardians of gahoole, black beauty (no one seems to talk about it anymore atleast), call of the wild,
Movies
the cluedo movie, Mortal Kombat (live action), guardians of gahoole
Misc
Country Humans (is it too popular for this?? idk), Bella sarah trading cards (look okay i like pretty horseys), Vashti Bunyan (singer),
..……………………...……..….YSCAP90.png
Suffer more :) Tn4TEAZ.png
[quote name="Alkyona" date="2022-12-31 13:40:57" ] Currently big fan of an animated series called "No Evil" by Betsy Lee on Youtube! [/quote] NO EVIL IS AMAZING AGH That and The Silver Eye webcomic are the main really obscure media that i am obsessed with
Alkyona wrote on 2022-12-31 13:40:57:

NO EVIL IS AMAZING AGH

That and The Silver Eye webcomic are the main really obscure media that i am obsessed with
21554.png 1075.png 23814.png Pine
Earth Flight
A lady who loves
dragons and history.
Sporadically active.
SD Gundam Force, honestly.

It didn't help that the show was cancelled before seeing the rest of the series...Luckily someone had all the episodes uploaded to YouTube. It's not the best animation or show, but guess what? I'm a mecha fan. :P

And tbh, I liked it better than the thought of humans inside robots since these acted on their own. :P But I may have to try another Gundam show since I noticed I actually like the Zeong mechs. XD Just unsure if I'd be able to handle the higher rating due to my own cowardice and being easily scarred.

Also can I throw in Pac-Man World 1? I swear, no one knows Toc-Man, but everyone knows Spooky from the 2nd game..? Erwin from the 3rd is seemingly obscure too, but honestly, he doesn't fit in the Pac universe and I couldn't care less about him anyway. XD The only good thing about him is that he has robots.

Now Toc can be seen again due to the remake of PMW1.
SD Gundam Force, honestly.

It didn't help that the show was cancelled before seeing the rest of the series...Luckily someone had all the episodes uploaded to YouTube. It's not the best animation or show, but guess what? I'm a mecha fan. :P

And tbh, I liked it better than the thought of humans inside robots since these acted on their own. :P But I may have to try another Gundam show since I noticed I actually like the Zeong mechs. XD Just unsure if I'd be able to handle the higher rating due to my own cowardice and being easily scarred.

Also can I throw in Pac-Man World 1? I swear, no one knows Toc-Man, but everyone knows Spooky from the 2nd game..? Erwin from the 3rd is seemingly obscure too, but honestly, he doesn't fit in the Pac universe and I couldn't care less about him anyway. XD The only good thing about him is that he has robots.

Now Toc can be seen again due to the remake of PMW1.
Dennou coil
Dennou coil
WBC5JG3.png
MUYNhfy.png
mlHpBMC.png
SM9WJh6.png
7c8ZUEs.png
xxxxxsource

Many matchy g1s up for offer here! Send a PM!
29369802.png featured
dragon
I'm really into LSD:Dream Emulator, which was a Japanese-exclusive PS2 game. Best way I can summarize it is that it's a surreal exploration game based off the dream journal of one of the employees of the company who developed it. Physical copies of it are extremely rare, so most videos of it are from emulators (Warning: the water texture is bugged on most emulators, so it will rapidly flash. The game overall can also have some really overwhelming and bright aesthetics in general). The guy who came up with the game, Osamu Sato, also makes a lot of music that I enjoy.

On a completely different note, I discovered the game Game Center CX: Arino no Chousenjou 2, which I believe is a collection of games intended to appear as if they were games from the NES and SNES era, even though they're completely original. I'm particularly fond of Demon Returns and Super Demon Returns, the latter intended as an SNES recreation of the former. They're platformers where you play as a prince who's been cursed into becoming a demon by some Overlord of the Underworld, who has also stolen his girl in the process. The prince was actually a skin for Mario in the flash game Super Mario Crossover 3, which is the only reason I found out about any of this. I just really like the prince's design. Also, part of the gameplay involves you riding enemies like they're skateboards or somethin, which, frankly, I find to be quite amusing.
I'm really into LSD:Dream Emulator, which was a Japanese-exclusive PS2 game. Best way I can summarize it is that it's a surreal exploration game based off the dream journal of one of the employees of the company who developed it. Physical copies of it are extremely rare, so most videos of it are from emulators (Warning: the water texture is bugged on most emulators, so it will rapidly flash. The game overall can also have some really overwhelming and bright aesthetics in general). The guy who came up with the game, Osamu Sato, also makes a lot of music that I enjoy.

On a completely different note, I discovered the game Game Center CX: Arino no Chousenjou 2, which I believe is a collection of games intended to appear as if they were games from the NES and SNES era, even though they're completely original. I'm particularly fond of Demon Returns and Super Demon Returns, the latter intended as an SNES recreation of the former. They're platformers where you play as a prince who's been cursed into becoming a demon by some Overlord of the Underworld, who has also stolen his girl in the process. The prince was actually a skin for Mario in the flash game Super Mario Crossover 3, which is the only reason I found out about any of this. I just really like the prince's design. Also, part of the gameplay involves you riding enemies like they're skateboards or somethin, which, frankly, I find to be quite amusing.
XFjPUms.png[An error has occurred. Please try again later.]YlbAFZL.png
The movie Cloud Atlas. It is a beautiful movie!! Look it, it has Tom Hanks and some other bigish actors
The movie Cloud Atlas. It is a beautiful movie!! Look it, it has Tom Hanks and some other bigish actors
BJmjb0y.pngT45QsK.png T4G0l9.png
The Intergalactic Nemesis!!!! it's a stage show, it's a radio play, it's a comic series, it's indescribable, it's everything to me. since its mostly based around being a live production, i can understand why it isn't well known, but it's absolutely incredible and i highly recommend checking out a few clips on youtube, if only for the footage of the live sound effects.
The Intergalactic Nemesis!!!! it's a stage show, it's a radio play, it's a comic series, it's indescribable, it's everything to me. since its mostly based around being a live production, i can understand why it isn't well known, but it's absolutely incredible and i highly recommend checking out a few clips on youtube, if only for the footage of the live sound effects.
dungeon master
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16