Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Dodge worse than usual
Maybe I've been very unlucky the past couple days, but I think that enemies are dodging much more than usual. I mean usual as after the change to agility in august.

Today out of 30 battles only 5 were without single dodge. And I get multiple, often consecutive dodges during single battle.

And it seems that I'm not the only one that noticed it too https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2398221/8
Maybe I've been very unlucky the past couple days, but I think that enemies are dodging much more than usual. I mean usual as after the change to agility in august.

Today out of 30 battles only 5 were without single dodge. And I get multiple, often consecutive dodges during single battle.

And it seems that I'm not the only one that noticed it too https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2398221/8
Oh huh, it's not just me? Yeah seconding this, this has been happening to me too; very possible that it's just bad RNG but I'm getting dodged left and right the past few days, significantly more than usual.
Oh huh, it's not just me? Yeah seconding this, this has been happening to me too; very possible that it's just bad RNG but I'm getting dodged left and right the past few days, significantly more than usual.
AutisticMaveriqueNonbinary, They/Them
SystemOtherkinFurry
This is an exalting lair
I've not seen any difference in dodge RNG, personally. It's most likely bad luck and confirmation bias - there have been suggestions to remove the dodge mechanic for years, and people don't tend to go "wow I didn't get any dodges in x battles".
I've not seen any difference in dodge RNG, personally. It's most likely bad luck and confirmation bias - there have been suggestions to remove the dodge mechanic for years, and people don't tend to go "wow I didn't get any dodges in x battles".
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
Yes it's been really bad the past couple days for me too. Almost every battle had at least one dodge, and I was getting multiples in a row left and right. Including from bosses. Even when my boss hunters had them frozen, paralyzed, or both. In what world does that make sense?

The dodging is the reason I haven't levelled as much fodder lately. It could just come down to bad luck, but who knows.
Yes it's been really bad the past couple days for me too. Almost every battle had at least one dodge, and I was getting multiples in a row left and right. Including from bosses. Even when my boss hunters had them frozen, paralyzed, or both. In what world does that make sense?

The dodging is the reason I haven't levelled as much fodder lately. It could just come down to bad luck, but who knows.
wsC9LP4.jpg
It's really during events like NotN or an elemental event when you spend days in the Coliseum grinding that you really notice just how bad dodging is. It's no exception to have enemies dodge twice or even three times in a fight, sometimes in a row!

And I'm really disappointed knowing that the admins could fix this and just refuse to listen to us since they "adjusted" the dodge rate on some enemies above a certain value. So they could just turn it off, make the value for dodging 0 or even lower it more.

But they don't play like we do and they don't care that the Coliseum is a frustrating grind.
It's really during events like NotN or an elemental event when you spend days in the Coliseum grinding that you really notice just how bad dodging is. It's no exception to have enemies dodge twice or even three times in a fight, sometimes in a row!

And I'm really disappointed knowing that the admins could fix this and just refuse to listen to us since they "adjusted" the dodge rate on some enemies above a certain value. So they could just turn it off, make the value for dodging 0 or even lower it more.

But they don't play like we do and they don't care that the Coliseum is a frustrating grind.
@DutchDragon the reason why they didnt just make the dodge go away is that its not thats simple. there is no separate dodge value that you can set to zero, instead its governed by agility stat, which also affects on critical hits. how it will affect depends on how player's agility stat compares to enemy agility stat. setting all enemy agility stats to zero would result to players dodging and getting crit hits all the time. this would be pretty game breaking change.

so currently there is a bandaid fix to limit agility stat to certain treshold until permanent fix can be introduced.
@DutchDragon the reason why they didnt just make the dodge go away is that its not thats simple. there is no separate dodge value that you can set to zero, instead its governed by agility stat, which also affects on critical hits. how it will affect depends on how player's agility stat compares to enemy agility stat. setting all enemy agility stats to zero would result to players dodging and getting crit hits all the time. this would be pretty game breaking change.

so currently there is a bandaid fix to limit agility stat to certain treshold until permanent fix can be introduced.
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
I've been playing this game since the start, coming up on 10 years and dodging has been an issue since the beginning. And admins have always been saying they want to fix it and we're still waiting. It just makes me think they don't care that it's broken .

I'll admit I had it wrong how it works but that makes it no less frustrating.

And they're always talking about "game breaking changes", like too high value on Coliseum drops for instance. So it gets lowered, fine. I can live with that. Makes the Coli more frustrating, but nothing to do.
Then we had people use mods and scripts to automate the Coliseum, making huge profits. So the ridiculous Camping mechanic got introduced. Again, something that make the Coli more frustrating. I will even go so far as to call it game-breaking for someone like me with bad eyesight.

So the point I'm trying to make is that game-breaking or game-changing additions or nerfs and buffs are more easily and more readily implemented or left in place when they negatively affect players then the other way around.

Cause would it really be so bad if our dragons dodged more and dealt more crit damage for the time being? Until a permanent change is implemented that balances the Coliseum? Why is that worse then enemies dodging two, three or four times in a single battle?
Because they're also asking us to accept the current state without any kind of time frame for a fix. Just trust we are aware, we're very sorry but this what you get.

This is not a personal dig, honestly not. I'm not mad at you @Ralzakark or anyone else.
I'm just wondering about this and the fact that it's acceptable for negative things to affect our game but not positive ones, or ones in our favor.
I've been playing this game since the start, coming up on 10 years and dodging has been an issue since the beginning. And admins have always been saying they want to fix it and we're still waiting. It just makes me think they don't care that it's broken .

I'll admit I had it wrong how it works but that makes it no less frustrating.

And they're always talking about "game breaking changes", like too high value on Coliseum drops for instance. So it gets lowered, fine. I can live with that. Makes the Coli more frustrating, but nothing to do.
Then we had people use mods and scripts to automate the Coliseum, making huge profits. So the ridiculous Camping mechanic got introduced. Again, something that make the Coli more frustrating. I will even go so far as to call it game-breaking for someone like me with bad eyesight.

So the point I'm trying to make is that game-breaking or game-changing additions or nerfs and buffs are more easily and more readily implemented or left in place when they negatively affect players then the other way around.

Cause would it really be so bad if our dragons dodged more and dealt more crit damage for the time being? Until a permanent change is implemented that balances the Coliseum? Why is that worse then enemies dodging two, three or four times in a single battle?
Because they're also asking us to accept the current state without any kind of time frame for a fix. Just trust we are aware, we're very sorry but this what you get.

This is not a personal dig, honestly not. I'm not mad at you @Ralzakark or anyone else.
I'm just wondering about this and the fact that it's acceptable for negative things to affect our game but not positive ones, or ones in our favor.