Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | An Apology for Beastclans on the Rise
1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 65 66
I'm glad to see this change, and I think it's a great step in the right direction. Also yay more harpies they're my favorite! All these new items are so fun and cute, I really want to get them!

I hope this will eventually lead to a rework of how familiars are presented. It feels wrong to have people as pets, especially because the early levels of bonding making it pretty clear the familiar is not a willing participant(esp with familiars obtained through the coliseum, where the presentation is that you overpowered and abducted them)
I'm glad to see this change, and I think it's a great step in the right direction. Also yay more harpies they're my favorite! All these new items are so fun and cute, I really want to get them!

I hope this will eventually lead to a rework of how familiars are presented. It feels wrong to have people as pets, especially because the early levels of bonding making it pretty clear the familiar is not a willing participant(esp with familiars obtained through the coliseum, where the presentation is that you overpowered and abducted them)
Sorry if it's been asked but will this impact the little scraps of paper frim the event? The items with the cipher that lead up to the release of the Rise of the Beastclan? Will they stop dropping or anything like that?
Sorry if it's been asked but will this impact the little scraps of paper frim the event? The items with the cipher that lead up to the release of the Rise of the Beastclan? Will they stop dropping or anything like that?
You guys are wonderful devs <3
You guys are wonderful devs <3
Thanks for the efforts, and thank you for expanding on the lore. I remember at the time, virtually all game site storylines that addressed social dynamics started from a place of horror. There wasn't a guideline for storylines to start differently.

I think it's also a good decision to keep it on the site with the disclaimer. As you said, it's harmful to pretend it didn't happen.

I like the new, more intricate lore for the harpies. I like the new scenes and familiars too.

I'm wondering, though. If the Beastclans are still on the dominance board but they aren't vying with dragons for land, is there a new lore explanation for that, or is that still in the works?

Edit: Also, seeing comments from people who are disappointed that this was changed - it doesn't mean that there won't be elements of "dragons can be the bad guys." It just means that we aren't starting from a place of "dragons are colonizers" without a way to resolve it first. It might make more sense if there were still moments of "dragons are the bad guys" in adventure mode later on. Especially because this site's userbase ranges from middle schoolers to older adults. Yes, high schoolers and older can handle being the bad guy right away. Middle schoolers might be better off if they can start the game from a more neutral place.
Thanks for the efforts, and thank you for expanding on the lore. I remember at the time, virtually all game site storylines that addressed social dynamics started from a place of horror. There wasn't a guideline for storylines to start differently.

I think it's also a good decision to keep it on the site with the disclaimer. As you said, it's harmful to pretend it didn't happen.

I like the new, more intricate lore for the harpies. I like the new scenes and familiars too.

I'm wondering, though. If the Beastclans are still on the dominance board but they aren't vying with dragons for land, is there a new lore explanation for that, or is that still in the works?

Edit: Also, seeing comments from people who are disappointed that this was changed - it doesn't mean that there won't be elements of "dragons can be the bad guys." It just means that we aren't starting from a place of "dragons are colonizers" without a way to resolve it first. It might make more sense if there were still moments of "dragons are the bad guys" in adventure mode later on. Especially because this site's userbase ranges from middle schoolers to older adults. Yes, high schoolers and older can handle being the bad guy right away. Middle schoolers might be better off if they can start the game from a more neutral place.
LxbWmll.png
I really like the new lore! There's still room for people who want their dragons to be terrible people to have that lore, but also more space for people who want decent or neutral dragons to be able to have a more peaceable relationship with the Beastclans to do that with less conflict with site canon. So excited to see where else this update goes!
I really like the new lore! There's still room for people who want their dragons to be terrible people to have that lore, but also more space for people who want decent or neutral dragons to be able to have a more peaceable relationship with the Beastclans to do that with less conflict with site canon. So excited to see where else this update goes!
vwOdfcD.png
thank you lots for this rework, staff! it really says a lot and it's super nice to see the team taking accountability for past mistakes and making something so much nicer in the process :) plus, all the new art and worldbuilding is gorgeous!

i'm really excited for the longneck revamp, whenever it comes (i think they're So cute) but also the serthis revamp, especially! i love mythological nagas already and i've always thought the serthis designs were so cool!
thank you lots for this rework, staff! it really says a lot and it's super nice to see the team taking accountability for past mistakes and making something so much nicer in the process :) plus, all the new art and worldbuilding is gorgeous!

i'm really excited for the longneck revamp, whenever it comes (i think they're So cute) but also the serthis revamp, especially! i love mythological nagas already and i've always thought the serthis designs were so cool!
ice.gif
No complaints here. I would only have complained if the original lore was intentional-like with the intent to teach, etc. But as it clearly was not, then hey retcon away!

Edit-Besides, I always welcome more lore.
No complaints here. I would only have complained if the original lore was intentional-like with the intent to teach, etc. But as it clearly was not, then hey retcon away!

Edit-Besides, I always welcome more lore.
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
G-ds I love this. So happy, I've always loved harpies and wanted more for them. So excited to see what the other beastclans are like too.
G-ds I love this. So happy, I've always loved harpies and wanted more for them. So excited to see what the other beastclans are like too.
Wow. I'm impressed (once again) with FR staff. Your well-thought-out message and your willingness to admit you were wrong and not being afraid to change is incredible. You guys are amazing.

Thank you Flight Rising staff for all you do!
Wow. I'm impressed (once again) with FR staff. Your well-thought-out message and your willingness to admit you were wrong and not being afraid to change is incredible. You guys are amazing.

Thank you Flight Rising staff for all you do!
"We get along, for the most part, me and reality"
-Grow Up, Paramore
I disagree with this change thought that's just my opinion and I completely understand why they made this change. The approach was very mature and honest which is always great to see. I'm all for more beast clan lore and that art is beautiful [emoji=ridgeback winking size=2]
I disagree with this change thought that's just my opinion and I completely understand why they made this change. The approach was very mature and honest which is always great to see. I'm all for more beast clan lore and that art is beautiful
|Ello I'm Awoken, She/her, FR+8, I am a bunch of lizards in a coat, Profile dragon|
WyB8X7e.jpg
1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 65 66