Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [IC] Mythical Shifters
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@mrchau @SmilodonLady @DinoDragon @SoulLugia11 @StarR3N @Skadi @Blackvine @biao @Coalsaurus @Scales25 @Catlover422 @ViperidaeX @BalticDeerOwl @Fil
OOC | IC

Today was a regular day in the city of Nightward. Many people went about in their daily lives, some monotonous, others full of adventure.

The Department for Hunter's Association office just opened, and people could now finally obtain a license to become a Hunter. The line was already growing large, and the wait time would be long...

Members of TNWUM were gathering in an old, abandoned building to discuss this week's planning.

Many of the Peacekeepers are meeting up with each other, planning on discussing the Hunters.
@mrchau @SmilodonLady @DinoDragon @SoulLugia11 @StarR3N @Skadi @Blackvine @biao @Coalsaurus @Scales25 @Catlover422 @ViperidaeX @BalticDeerOwl @Fil
OOC | IC

Today was a regular day in the city of Nightward. Many people went about in their daily lives, some monotonous, others full of adventure.

The Department for Hunter's Association office just opened, and people could now finally obtain a license to become a Hunter. The line was already growing large, and the wait time would be long...

Members of TNWUM were gathering in an old, abandoned building to discuss this week's planning.

Many of the Peacekeepers are meeting up with each other, planning on discussing the Hunters.
Dingasoid | They-Them (any pronouns) | 2+ FR time
Oliver, Interactions: Anyone near the Department for Hunter's Association

Oliver slowly walked around the street. They were holding a small sheet of paper, and they kept glancing at it and then looking around nervously. They didn't mind running errands for their friend, but it was quite hard to read what he had wrote. "Eedg??? No, that's an C...Candy? Really? I've been staring at the word 'candy' for 15 minutes?" They muttered under their breath. "Dude should start typing these things out...." They began to walk briskly, knowing that he didn't care what kind of candy, just that they picked up something sweet for him.

Oliver had found the changeling in an abandoned building, and he had simply asked him to pick up things for him since he couldn't go do it himself. The guy could be a bit harsh at times, but he was pretty decent once he knew them a bit better. Still, writing with talons was hard, so it took Oliver longer than it should have to figure out what Nero was asking for.

Oliver turned a corner, shoving the list in their pocket. They were met with a long line and a very busy street. D-mn it....I just need some great value licorice and the whole street is filled with these guys. They didn't hold a very high opinion of hunters, seeing as their friend was an individual that a hunter would love to get their hands on, and the fact that they were mistaken for a changeling before. They groaned somewhat audibly before they continued their walk, hoping that no one would have anything to say to them about changelings and how 'dangerous' they were.
Oliver, Interactions: Anyone near the Department for Hunter's Association

Oliver slowly walked around the street. They were holding a small sheet of paper, and they kept glancing at it and then looking around nervously. They didn't mind running errands for their friend, but it was quite hard to read what he had wrote. "Eedg??? No, that's an C...Candy? Really? I've been staring at the word 'candy' for 15 minutes?" They muttered under their breath. "Dude should start typing these things out...." They began to walk briskly, knowing that he didn't care what kind of candy, just that they picked up something sweet for him.

Oliver had found the changeling in an abandoned building, and he had simply asked him to pick up things for him since he couldn't go do it himself. The guy could be a bit harsh at times, but he was pretty decent once he knew them a bit better. Still, writing with talons was hard, so it took Oliver longer than it should have to figure out what Nero was asking for.

Oliver turned a corner, shoving the list in their pocket. They were met with a long line and a very busy street. D-mn it....I just need some great value licorice and the whole street is filled with these guys. They didn't hold a very high opinion of hunters, seeing as their friend was an individual that a hunter would love to get their hands on, and the fact that they were mistaken for a changeling before. They groaned somewhat audibly before they continued their walk, hoping that no one would have anything to say to them about changelings and how 'dangerous' they were.
0DJvxSf.png
Pgv53XB.png
Ms8zPwX.png
ekux78o.png
Baltic | He/Him | FR Time +2
Siffrin-sprite.png please come talk to me about ISAT that game has a hold on me rn Siffrin-sprite.png
tCsqc24.png
Ut9RRot.png
gYW0j5f.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
Sasha, Old Warehouse, looking for Peacekeepers

Sasha drew her hood over her head, before she crept out of her temporary hideout in an abandoned building. The changeling would have preferred to head out at night, in the comforting cover of darkness, but the people she hoped to meet were more likely to be awake in the day. At least it was overcast, so the sunlight wasn’t unbearable.
The thief quickly climbed up to the rooftops, enhanced strength and years of experience allowing her to climb around on the buildings as easily as walking on the ground. Soundlessly, Sasha crept trough the city. Occasionally she stopped in the shadowed niches created by chimneys or other buildings and surveyed her surroundings. Somewhere in the distance sirens sounded, but that was typical for a city of this size. People milled around on the ground, never locking up.
Sasha stopped when she reached the department for Hunter's Association office to watch what was going on. The line in front of the building was long, which worried the changeling. If this many people applied, they could cause serious problems. Hopefully most would be deterred by the long wait times or would turn out to be incompetent and not an actual treat. In any case, the Peacekeepers might appreciate being informed about how many people were willing to apply to be hunters. It didn’t mean anything good that this many people could possible be hostile towards changelings.
After observing the happenings on the ground for a few more moments, Sasha changed direction and carefully made her way away from the office.
The building she stopped at was a warehouse that was badly guarded and easy to slip into. Sasha knew that she could sometimes find some of the Peacekeepers in the building and hoped to meet at e lest one of them to discuss the happenings in regards to the hunters with.
Sasha, Old Warehouse, looking for Peacekeepers

Sasha drew her hood over her head, before she crept out of her temporary hideout in an abandoned building. The changeling would have preferred to head out at night, in the comforting cover of darkness, but the people she hoped to meet were more likely to be awake in the day. At least it was overcast, so the sunlight wasn’t unbearable.
The thief quickly climbed up to the rooftops, enhanced strength and years of experience allowing her to climb around on the buildings as easily as walking on the ground. Soundlessly, Sasha crept trough the city. Occasionally she stopped in the shadowed niches created by chimneys or other buildings and surveyed her surroundings. Somewhere in the distance sirens sounded, but that was typical for a city of this size. People milled around on the ground, never locking up.
Sasha stopped when she reached the department for Hunter's Association office to watch what was going on. The line in front of the building was long, which worried the changeling. If this many people applied, they could cause serious problems. Hopefully most would be deterred by the long wait times or would turn out to be incompetent and not an actual treat. In any case, the Peacekeepers might appreciate being informed about how many people were willing to apply to be hunters. It didn’t mean anything good that this many people could possible be hostile towards changelings.
After observing the happenings on the ground for a few more moments, Sasha changed direction and carefully made her way away from the office.
The building she stopped at was a warehouse that was badly guarded and easy to slip into. Sasha knew that she could sometimes find some of the Peacekeepers in the building and hoped to meet at e lest one of them to discuss the happenings in regards to the hunters with.
Samantha, Department of Hunter's Association

Samantha carefully fixed his suit as he strode into the vicinity of the building. He carried a large bag filled with samples and another bag of water and snacks. In his arms is a stack of flyers to be given away to prospective customers. He looks upon the crowd forming around the office ready to do business. Some workers of his were on the other side, doing a similar thing to what he's doing.

"Over here. Over here. Snacks, peanuts, biscuits, and water. Snacks, peanuts, and water. We also offer discounts for Black Iron General Store: ropes by the meter, quality tools and weapons for the cheap, and good travel food by the kilo." Sam bellowed into the crowd. A few became interested in what he has. He was quite happy that a number became interested enough to buy some from him. He repeated these words every so often.
Samantha, Department of Hunter's Association

Samantha carefully fixed his suit as he strode into the vicinity of the building. He carried a large bag filled with samples and another bag of water and snacks. In his arms is a stack of flyers to be given away to prospective customers. He looks upon the crowd forming around the office ready to do business. Some workers of his were on the other side, doing a similar thing to what he's doing.

"Over here. Over here. Snacks, peanuts, biscuits, and water. Snacks, peanuts, and water. We also offer discounts for Black Iron General Store: ropes by the meter, quality tools and weapons for the cheap, and good travel food by the kilo." Sam bellowed into the crowd. A few became interested in what he has. He was quite happy that a number became interested enough to buy some from him. He repeated these words every so often.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm Fil but you can call me Dan.
Time: FR +15/+16
Offline during: 6:00-21:00 and 6:00-16:00
Fil.png
My Wattpad Account
My DeviantArt
The Unbuilt Void (God Game)
DGBpqSL.png
Fil is back in FR.
The Hero's Prophecy: Wattpad/Royal Road
/Discord
Scarificator
Interactions: N/a, open

He was currently in human form, more for the convenience of having hands at the moment. He had just finished feeding the fish he had in various tanks around the classroom and started to pull out a package of blood worms and tweezers while walking over to an axolotl tank,
“Where you hiding? I know you’re in there Newt, and I don’t want to crap up your water because you’re bad at finding the food I put in there…”
Scar said more to himself as he looked in the tank for a few moments before using the tweezers to feed the axolotl.
Fane

She landed on the edge of some store’s roof, adjusting the fabric she kept over her wings as she folded them. Fane preened her feathers a bit as she thought,
Between the Union and Hunters… I’ll undoubtedly have folks seeking my services. And that’s not even mentioning the Peacekeepers.
Fane shook her head a bit as she tucked a loose black feather into her bag.

Fane tapped one of her talons lightly against the roof as she muttered,
“The scarlet brand will definitely be in high demand… Even if I don’t always like babysitting clients.”
Ian & Shreila
Interactions: each other, open

Ian ran through sidewalks and alleyways, taking the form of a bay cat, one of his personal favorites. He was absolutely thrilled that he’d finally managed to slip away from his boss and essentially lightly manipulated Noland into getting off his back for the day. He cringed a bit as he meowed,
“Sorry uncle… But I needed to meet with some other people…”

The ocelot following not to far behind him said,
“Ian, you know that literally nobody will judge you for that… Right?”

Ian paused as he jumped up on some crates before replying,
“I know Cleo… But I don’t like using my magic like that. Just rubs me the wrong way.”
He then walked along the edge of the crates.

Shreila followed and the two similarly sized cats came into view of the warehouse.
“Huh? I thought there’d be Peace-”
She started to say before cutting herself off, a little too late. She’d said too much to be just a normal cat now. Shreila stared at the side of the building silently dying on the inside as she thought,
Good going dumba-s! You just scared off your one friend… No normal kitty would have been about to question the lack of other Peacekeepers!

Ian stared blankly at the ocelot sitting next to him for a few solid seconds before he said in plain english,
“C-Cleo!? Y-You’re… You’re… Not just an ocelot!?”

Shreila’s ears lowered for a moment as she replied shamefully,
“Yeah… Cat’s out of the bag now.”

Ian just shrugged a bit as he switched back to cat-speak,
“I had a suspicion for a while, you just confirmed it. But for the moment let’s just wait here like a pair of ‘normal’ cats and see if any Peacekeepers come… Or if the first free day I’ve had in a while is gonna be a bust.”

Shreila adjusted her position to lay and started making the signature rumble of the ocelot as she replied,
“Real name’s Shreila, but I don’t care if you keep calling me Cleo. Changeling too.”
Cyril

He wasn’t at all thrilled to be awake at this time of day. Letting a soft growl rise in his throat as he walked up to the door, only to lean on the wall next to it instead of entering just yet. He then thought,
If in the next 15 mins nobody else shows up I’m flipping off the next five people I see while going back home and sleeping… And anyone showing up before then gets greeted by the same thing, nobody’s special and not getting the finger from me today.

Cyril then slid a hand into one of the inner pockets of his coat without saying anything.
Lumi
Interactions: Mentions Oliver

Lumi stood there in the long line half tempted to stare into the sun and see if it would actually damage his eyes or if his own light based abilities helped with that. All he wanted was to get his advanced license and leave. Not stand in the world’s longest line while some poor understaffed underpaid front desk workers tried to get things done at an impossible rate.
Seriously, why does possibly going blind sound more entertaining than standing here? Is it the number of times I’ve stared directly into my light swords or looked into my burst of light? Ironically not as blinding as the blades… But still.

He then heard someone groan somewhere and just called out,
“I feel that spiritually, I’m bored enough to consider staring into the sun and seeing if I can see something the ancients hid in there.”
Scarificator

He was currently in human form, more for the convenience of having hands at the moment. He had just finished feeding the fish he had in various tanks around the classroom and started to pull out a package of blood worms and tweezers while walking over to an axolotl tank,
“Where you hiding? I know you’re in there Newt, and I don’t want to crap up your water because you’re bad at finding the food I put in there…”
Scar said more to himself as he looked in the tank for a few moments before using the tweezers to feed the axolotl.
Fane

She landed on the edge of some store’s roof, adjusting the fabric she kept over her wings as she folded them. Fane preened her feathers a bit as she thought,
Between the Union and Hunters… I’ll undoubtedly have folks seeking my services. And that’s not even mentioning the Peacekeepers.
Fane shook her head a bit as she tucked a loose black feather into her bag.

Fane tapped one of her talons lightly against the roof as she muttered,
“The scarlet brand will definitely be in high demand… Even if I don’t always like babysitting clients.”
Ian & Shreila
Interactions: each other, open

Ian ran through sidewalks and alleyways, taking the form of a bay cat, one of his personal favorites. He was absolutely thrilled that he’d finally managed to slip away from his boss and essentially lightly manipulated Noland into getting off his back for the day. He cringed a bit as he meowed,
“Sorry uncle… But I needed to meet with some other people…”

The ocelot following not to far behind him said,
“Ian, you know that literally nobody will judge you for that… Right?”

Ian paused as he jumped up on some crates before replying,
“I know Cleo… But I don’t like using my magic like that. Just rubs me the wrong way.”
He then walked along the edge of the crates.

Shreila followed and the two similarly sized cats came into view of the warehouse.
“Huh? I thought there’d be Peace-”
She started to say before cutting herself off, a little too late. She’d said too much to be just a normal cat now. Shreila stared at the side of the building silently dying on the inside as she thought,
Good going dumba-s! You just scared off your one friend… No normal kitty would have been about to question the lack of other Peacekeepers!

Ian stared blankly at the ocelot sitting next to him for a few solid seconds before he said in plain english,
“C-Cleo!? Y-You’re… You’re… Not just an ocelot!?”

Shreila’s ears lowered for a moment as she replied shamefully,
“Yeah… Cat’s out of the bag now.”

Ian just shrugged a bit as he switched back to cat-speak,
“I had a suspicion for a while, you just confirmed it. But for the moment let’s just wait here like a pair of ‘normal’ cats and see if any Peacekeepers come… Or if the first free day I’ve had in a while is gonna be a bust.”

Shreila adjusted her position to lay and started making the signature rumble of the ocelot as she replied,
“Real name’s Shreila, but I don’t care if you keep calling me Cleo. Changeling too.”
Cyril

He wasn’t at all thrilled to be awake at this time of day. Letting a soft growl rise in his throat as he walked up to the door, only to lean on the wall next to it instead of entering just yet. He then thought,
If in the next 15 mins nobody else shows up I’m flipping off the next five people I see while going back home and sleeping… And anyone showing up before then gets greeted by the same thing, nobody’s special and not getting the finger from me today.

Cyril then slid a hand into one of the inner pockets of his coat without saying anything.
Lumi
Interactions: Mentions Oliver

Lumi stood there in the long line half tempted to stare into the sun and see if it would actually damage his eyes or if his own light based abilities helped with that. All he wanted was to get his advanced license and leave. Not stand in the world’s longest line while some poor understaffed underpaid front desk workers tried to get things done at an impossible rate.
Seriously, why does possibly going blind sound more entertaining than standing here? Is it the number of times I’ve stared directly into my light swords or looked into my burst of light? Ironically not as blinding as the blades… But still.

He then heard someone groan somewhere and just called out,
“I feel that spiritually, I’m bored enough to consider staring into the sun and seeing if I can see something the ancients hid in there.”
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Stafshall Park (OPEN!!!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
______ Skadi
Location: Apartment Alleys in General Vicinity of Union Meetup

The air shakes with the sound of a passing motorcycle, its worn wheels lurching over cracked concrete as its owner grasps the handlebars and leans into a sharp swerve. Old but dynamic, the road darts between crowded apartments and trashed alleys, bringing the rider further into the slums.

With his departure, silence falls, broken by rhythmic footsteps as Skadi, a newbie in the Union but a veteran in the criminal world with a reputation as a supporter of Changeling rights, treks towards the location provided by her recruiter, a large case hanging over her shoulder. She stops as she hears a shout.

The locals know better than to interfere with others’ business, but Skadi’s not a local.

It’s simple to make her way over with a short sprint and a low jump over a wall dividing two alleys. It’s a shame that she doesn’t like what she sees: a fight about to break out.

______
______ Skadi
Location: Apartment Alleys in General Vicinity of Union Meetup

The air shakes with the sound of a passing motorcycle, its worn wheels lurching over cracked concrete as its owner grasps the handlebars and leans into a sharp swerve. Old but dynamic, the road darts between crowded apartments and trashed alleys, bringing the rider further into the slums.

With his departure, silence falls, broken by rhythmic footsteps as Skadi, a newbie in the Union but a veteran in the criminal world with a reputation as a supporter of Changeling rights, treks towards the location provided by her recruiter, a large case hanging over her shoulder. She stops as she hears a shout.

The locals know better than to interfere with others’ business, but Skadi’s not a local.

It’s simple to make her way over with a short sprint and a low jump over a wall dividing two alleys. It’s a shame that she doesn’t like what she sees: a fight about to break out.

______
Ura walked down the street, looking over at the long line as she did. Don't make it too obvious. She rolled her eyes slightly at Omote, who was currently in their scarf form on account of the crowd of hunters who would definitely love to get their hands on a parasite like them. She wasn't exactly sure if Omote specifically would be on their list, but she was pretty sure all "parasitic" changelings would be. Despite her relationship with Omote being more symbiotic than anything else.

Relax, nobody would think I'm out of the ordinary for looking at a long line. Hmph. She honestly didn't know what she felt about the hunters. Sure, some changelings could be dangerous, but that didn't mean they deserved to be hunted. It sure wasn't a good stage for coexistence anyway. Hey… that merchant over there, he feels a little strange. Does he? Ura squinted at Samantha as Omote shared their feelings. It vaguely felt like there was some sort of distortion in the feelings of those around him, but it was difficult to parse even without the element of a large crowd muddying everything up. She shrugged.

We'll just have to investigate later, got a meeting to go to after all. Omote gave a telepathic snort, then adjusted themselves around Ura's neck to be a bit more comfortable. It might've looked strange, but only if you were really paying close attention. Alright, I'll take my nap now then. I'll check in every 10 minutes until the meeting's over. Rest well, sweet scarf prince. Don't call me that.

Ura came up to the old warehouse, fidgeting a little bit as she peeked in. The people who had been 'guarding' the warehouse had gone off on a lunch break or something, so she figured it was fine just to go in normally. She wasn't exactly the most stealthy or athletic. The blonde girl saw a dark haired girl that had seemingly just arrived and a pair of cats, waving in their general direction.

"Uh hi?" She asked, stepping into the warehouse properly and hoping to whatever god that Ian and Shriela weren't just normal cats. Or that she could maybe play it off like she was talking to Sasha the whole time.

((edit: forgot to italicize Omote's telepathy >.>))
Tai
Tai stretched, yawning and finally getting up from the couch of his friend’s house. His head hurt, why did it hurt? He didn’t know why, but he rolled closer to the heater and felt better. He was so glad his friend had a couch near their heater. He thought a bit, remembering back to the past day. Right, he’d gone partying with a group of friends and then crashed at one of those friend’s house, he thinks it was Ben? So that was where he was right now and why his head kind of hurt.

The changeling’s eyes wandered around the small apartment flat, finding no sign of said friend except a saran-wrapped meal with a note on it. ‘For your hangover’ Tai smiled, Ben was so nice. Maybe he could ask the others to spare him or do some magic to make him a changeling instead of a boring regular. Tai unwrapped the meal and ate it as he thought a bit. Speaking of, he felt like he had something to go to or be at concerning TNWUM. Oh right, a meeting! He looked over to the clock, glad he naturally woke up relatively early. He probably would’ve woken up earlier if it wasn’t for the hangover.

Tai left the apartment from the window, morphing into a flaming bird as naturally as breathing. He flew over the city, not caring if anyone saw him. Thankfully, it was hard to tell he was made of fire from a distance so he looked like a red and gold bird that was maybe a bit too bright from the ground. He dove down and landed straight at the entrance of the abandoned building, swooping up and shifting back to human form as he reached the ground.

“Oh, only you?” Tai asked Cyril, it was a genuine question though it might’ve sounded a slight bit disappointed.
Ura walked down the street, looking over at the long line as she did. Don't make it too obvious. She rolled her eyes slightly at Omote, who was currently in their scarf form on account of the crowd of hunters who would definitely love to get their hands on a parasite like them. She wasn't exactly sure if Omote specifically would be on their list, but she was pretty sure all "parasitic" changelings would be. Despite her relationship with Omote being more symbiotic than anything else.

Relax, nobody would think I'm out of the ordinary for looking at a long line. Hmph. She honestly didn't know what she felt about the hunters. Sure, some changelings could be dangerous, but that didn't mean they deserved to be hunted. It sure wasn't a good stage for coexistence anyway. Hey… that merchant over there, he feels a little strange. Does he? Ura squinted at Samantha as Omote shared their feelings. It vaguely felt like there was some sort of distortion in the feelings of those around him, but it was difficult to parse even without the element of a large crowd muddying everything up. She shrugged.

We'll just have to investigate later, got a meeting to go to after all. Omote gave a telepathic snort, then adjusted themselves around Ura's neck to be a bit more comfortable. It might've looked strange, but only if you were really paying close attention. Alright, I'll take my nap now then. I'll check in every 10 minutes until the meeting's over. Rest well, sweet scarf prince. Don't call me that.

Ura came up to the old warehouse, fidgeting a little bit as she peeked in. The people who had been 'guarding' the warehouse had gone off on a lunch break or something, so she figured it was fine just to go in normally. She wasn't exactly the most stealthy or athletic. The blonde girl saw a dark haired girl that had seemingly just arrived and a pair of cats, waving in their general direction.

"Uh hi?" She asked, stepping into the warehouse properly and hoping to whatever god that Ian and Shriela weren't just normal cats. Or that she could maybe play it off like she was talking to Sasha the whole time.

((edit: forgot to italicize Omote's telepathy >.>))
Tai
Tai stretched, yawning and finally getting up from the couch of his friend’s house. His head hurt, why did it hurt? He didn’t know why, but he rolled closer to the heater and felt better. He was so glad his friend had a couch near their heater. He thought a bit, remembering back to the past day. Right, he’d gone partying with a group of friends and then crashed at one of those friend’s house, he thinks it was Ben? So that was where he was right now and why his head kind of hurt.

The changeling’s eyes wandered around the small apartment flat, finding no sign of said friend except a saran-wrapped meal with a note on it. ‘For your hangover’ Tai smiled, Ben was so nice. Maybe he could ask the others to spare him or do some magic to make him a changeling instead of a boring regular. Tai unwrapped the meal and ate it as he thought a bit. Speaking of, he felt like he had something to go to or be at concerning TNWUM. Oh right, a meeting! He looked over to the clock, glad he naturally woke up relatively early. He probably would’ve woken up earlier if it wasn’t for the hangover.

Tai left the apartment from the window, morphing into a flaming bird as naturally as breathing. He flew over the city, not caring if anyone saw him. Thankfully, it was hard to tell he was made of fire from a distance so he looked like a red and gold bird that was maybe a bit too bright from the ground. He dove down and landed straight at the entrance of the abandoned building, swooping up and shifting back to human form as he reached the ground.

“Oh, only you?” Tai asked Cyril, it was a genuine question though it might’ve sounded a slight bit disappointed.
y21uwBu.pngSgW17Yj.pngb8hHhx1.png
[center][emoji=four leaf clover size=1] [b]Makoto[/b] [emoji=four leaf clover size=1] [b]Location: Local college[/b][/center] Makoto practically stumbled down the halls of the local college he attended, repeating everything he had to do today in his head while holding a bag of wrapped-up cake pops. He had an important meeting to go to as a Peacekeeper. He wasn't supposed to be open with that. He had an excuse to miss out on class lined up; considering it involved having to get medicine for his sister, he didn't consider it a lucky coincidence in the least. No one wanted to see their sibling sick, and he was no exception! He'd be getting the medicine along the way, or after the meeting if he was running low on time. At least he wouldn't technically be lying. [i]Get permission to go out for a bit, maybe see how long that line is outside the Hunter office along the way, get to the meeting, give everyone there a cake pop if they want one, pick up the medicine, and THEN get back to school. Maybe call Kyoko later... quite a bit to do, but hey, it could always be way worse![/i] He could have chosen to wear a suit and tie, but comfort took priority over presentation today. Wearing his odd combination of a jacket layered over a hoodie was his definition of comfortable. Remembering where to go, he moved at a swift pace. Luck assisted him this time, for he didn't fall on his face once before reaching the classroom he'd been looking for! Maybe the cake pops served as an extra motivator to be less clumsy. Stopping in front of the entrance to the biology classroom, he didn't hesitate to knock on the door with his free hand. It was only polite to let others know he was there before jumping in and scaring them by accident, although he had surprised people before. "Hello? Professor Scarificator?" he asked politely, catching himself once he realized he had pronounced the name [i]slightly[/i] wrong. A nervous chuckle followed. "A-ah, sorry Mr. Scar, I'll get it right one day- anyway, it's me, Makoto. I know I'm a bit early, but I was hoping to ask you something, if you don't mind?" ------------------------------ [center][emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] [b]Greylyn[/b] [emoji=crescent moon 1 size=1] [b]Location: Approaching the old abandoned building[/b][/center] The line forming outside the office of the Department for Hunter's Association was about as long as Greylyn expected it to be. As soon as he caught wind of registration opening for new Hunters, he became curious enough to take a path allowing him to pass by the office while on the way to where TNWUM were meeting up. He had put up his usual human illusion, wearing his usual formal outfit with his hair tied in a ponytail. As always, he was incredibly mindful of his surroundings. Any wrong moves would make him seem suspicious. Was he a fool to go this way, given he was a Changeling moving past the office made up of people who wanted to pursue his kind? In his eyes, that wasn't the case. Being aware of everything going on was his preference. He made his way around the crowd without much trouble, leaving everyone around him to their business. He had a meeting to attend, and it was unusual for anything to stop him. Sure enough, the building he was looking for soon came into view. There was someone leaning on the wall next to the door, as well as a fiery-haired man, both of whom he recognized. He didn't mind not being the first one to arrive, as long as he made it on time. Greylyn brought out a small box of pretzel sticks as he approached the door and the man outside of it. He took a bite out of one, stopping in front of the entrance. His stoic gaze flicked between the two as he moved his empty hand into the pocket of his formal jacket. He overheard what was said before he came to a stop. "Not the only one now. Greetings to you both."
Makoto

Makoto practically stumbled down the halls of the local college he attended, repeating everything he had to do today in his head while holding a bag of wrapped-up cake pops. He had an important meeting to go to as a Peacekeeper. He wasn't supposed to be open with that. He had an excuse to miss out on class lined up; considering it involved having to get medicine for his sister, he didn't consider it a lucky coincidence in the least. No one wanted to see their sibling sick, and he was no exception! He'd be getting the medicine along the way, or after the meeting if he was running low on time. At least he wouldn't technically be lying.

Get permission to go out for a bit, maybe see how long that line is outside the Hunter office along the way, get to the meeting, give everyone there a cake pop if they want one, pick up the medicine, and THEN get back to school. Maybe call Kyoko later... quite a bit to do, but hey, it could always be way worse!

He could have chosen to wear a suit and tie, but comfort took priority over presentation today. Wearing his odd combination of a jacket layered over a hoodie was his definition of comfortable. Remembering where to go, he moved at a swift pace. Luck assisted him this time, for he didn't fall on his face once before reaching the classroom he'd been looking for! Maybe the cake pops served as an extra motivator to be less clumsy.

Stopping in front of the entrance to the biology classroom, he didn't hesitate to knock on the door with his free hand. It was only polite to let others know he was there before jumping in and scaring them by accident, although he had surprised people before.

"Hello? Professor Scarificator?" he asked politely, catching himself once he realized he had pronounced the name slightly wrong. A nervous chuckle followed. "A-ah, sorry Mr. Scar, I'll get it right one day- anyway, it's me, Makoto. I know I'm a bit early, but I was hoping to ask you something, if you don't mind?"

Greylyn

The line forming outside the office of the Department for Hunter's Association was about as long as Greylyn expected it to be. As soon as he caught wind of registration opening for new Hunters, he became curious enough to take a path allowing him to pass by the office while on the way to where TNWUM were meeting up. He had put up his usual human illusion, wearing his usual formal outfit with his hair tied in a ponytail. As always, he was incredibly mindful of his surroundings. Any wrong moves would make him seem suspicious.

Was he a fool to go this way, given he was a Changeling moving past the office made up of people who wanted to pursue his kind? In his eyes, that wasn't the case. Being aware of everything going on was his preference.

He made his way around the crowd without much trouble, leaving everyone around him to their business. He had a meeting to attend, and it was unusual for anything to stop him. Sure enough, the building he was looking for soon came into view. There was someone leaning on the wall next to the door, as well as a fiery-haired man, both of whom he recognized. He didn't mind not being the first one to arrive, as long as he made it on time.

Greylyn brought out a small box of pretzel sticks as he approached the door and the man outside of it. He took a bite out of one, stopping in front of the entrance. His stoic gaze flicked between the two as he moved his empty hand into the pocket of his formal jacket. He overheard what was said before he came to a stop.

"Not the only one now. Greetings to you both."
xk7ymDQ.png
Chai, near the Hunter's association

Chai regretted opening her small trinkets stall. Things were too bright and too loud, she could barely hear herself think. And on top of that, hunters and future hunters were everywhere and all she had as a disguise was a black cloak and hood. The table in front of her held all sorts of glittering gems, weapons, and jewelry, all arranged to perfectly catch as reflect light to draw people in. She sighed, just wanting to put her head down and go to sleep. It seemed like everyone in the city wanted to be a hunter, with just how many people were around. All of whom despise me. she thought sullenly. If she didn't need money so bad she wouldn't have even dreamed of coming out here, much less trying to sell stuff to these people.
Chai, near the Hunter's association

Chai regretted opening her small trinkets stall. Things were too bright and too loud, she could barely hear herself think. And on top of that, hunters and future hunters were everywhere and all she had as a disguise was a black cloak and hood. The table in front of her held all sorts of glittering gems, weapons, and jewelry, all arranged to perfectly catch as reflect light to draw people in. She sighed, just wanting to put her head down and go to sleep. It seemed like everyone in the city wanted to be a hunter, with just how many people were around. All of whom despise me. she thought sullenly. If she didn't need money so bad she wouldn't have even dreamed of coming out here, much less trying to sell stuff to these people.
434-Ga-ZA-1.png
Darryl, abandoned building

Darryl Morrow stood in front of a large, ornate mirror, tilting his head this way and that to make sure that all his feathers were in place. After he deemed himself good enough, the raven beats changeling went to one of the balconies in the upper level of the house and forced his body trough the opening. The house Darryl stayed in was one of his families own estates, at the edge of the city. It was big enough to allow the changeling to move around with no problem and the high walls and Darryls own wealth ensured that he wasn’t disturbed. The man looked around for any potential onlookers, before raising his wings and taking off. The changeling took great care to not be noticed and to anyone watching, the massive creature would merrily be a flock of crows. Hidden like this, Darryl let the updrafts from the city carry him higher, until he tilted his wings to the side and took course to the meeting spot of the Union. How bad for all the people below, he mused. They will never experience the wonder that is flight. Well, they don’t matter anyway.
As he neared the old abandoned building, Darryl slowed down his flight and carefully landed next to it. His illusion of birds dropped and for barely a moment the changelings true form was visible, before another illusion took his place. Who stood there now was Darryl as he had been before the Change, black hair cut short and beard neatly trimmed. His clothes were of fine making and the armband that was normally around his leg was slung around his arm.

Three other people were already waiting in front of the building and Darryl walked up to them, carefully hidden under his illusion. No sense in intimidating them when it wasn’t necessary. That he was much harder to read while hidden behind an illusion was an additional advantage.
“Well, hello there, I thought the meeting was inside, not outside. Shall we go in?”, he said, his voice friendly, but with an edge hidden beneath. Without waiting for an answer, Darryl opened the door and entered, his body turning into smoke to allow him to get inside.
Darryl, abandoned building

Darryl Morrow stood in front of a large, ornate mirror, tilting his head this way and that to make sure that all his feathers were in place. After he deemed himself good enough, the raven beats changeling went to one of the balconies in the upper level of the house and forced his body trough the opening. The house Darryl stayed in was one of his families own estates, at the edge of the city. It was big enough to allow the changeling to move around with no problem and the high walls and Darryls own wealth ensured that he wasn’t disturbed. The man looked around for any potential onlookers, before raising his wings and taking off. The changeling took great care to not be noticed and to anyone watching, the massive creature would merrily be a flock of crows. Hidden like this, Darryl let the updrafts from the city carry him higher, until he tilted his wings to the side and took course to the meeting spot of the Union. How bad for all the people below, he mused. They will never experience the wonder that is flight. Well, they don’t matter anyway.
As he neared the old abandoned building, Darryl slowed down his flight and carefully landed next to it. His illusion of birds dropped and for barely a moment the changelings true form was visible, before another illusion took his place. Who stood there now was Darryl as he had been before the Change, black hair cut short and beard neatly trimmed. His clothes were of fine making and the armband that was normally around his leg was slung around his arm.

Three other people were already waiting in front of the building and Darryl walked up to them, carefully hidden under his illusion. No sense in intimidating them when it wasn’t necessary. That he was much harder to read while hidden behind an illusion was an additional advantage.
“Well, hello there, I thought the meeting was inside, not outside. Shall we go in?”, he said, his voice friendly, but with an edge hidden beneath. Without waiting for an answer, Darryl opened the door and entered, his body turning into smoke to allow him to get inside.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10