Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coli camping screen issues
1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73
[quote name="Gathouria" date="2022-09-29 07:32:41" ] [quote name="Twizz" date="2022-09-28 22:17:40" ] Veteran players who were here before the captcha was installed in the Coli can tell you how much a beating the game economy was taking from bots. It was bad. And if you don't want to listen to them, there's any number of horror stories about online games being completely ruined beyond repair due to bots. Bots are serious business and stymieing them is very important to a game's health and longevity. [/quote] Genuine curiosity as someone who was here long before the new coli system and wasn't much involved in the community back then- what were the issues that bots were causing? I thought the CAPTCHA was implemented when the keyboard controls were added in order to prevent botting, but thinking on it now that's sort of silly to think considering bots can click a spot on a screen just fine. Hell, a simple macro does that. [/quote] You're not wrong about the keyboard controls! It is stupidly, ridiculously easy to make a macro that just spams all of the coli buttons and left click, so having stops frequently throughout prevents anyone from doing that and leaving it to run from morning 'til rollover. It's much harder to make a macro that clicks on specific parts of the screen for the average player, so if the captcha wasn't there it would make botting very very easily accessible to every player who knows how to download AutoHotKey or has a Razer mouse/keyboard. If there is anything worse than botters, it's allowing every single player to be a botter.
Gathouria wrote on 2022-09-29 07:32:41:
Twizz wrote on 2022-09-28 22:17:40:
Veteran players who were here before the captcha was installed in the Coli can tell you how much a beating the game economy was taking from bots. It was bad. And if you don't want to listen to them, there's any number of horror stories about online games being completely ruined beyond repair due to bots. Bots are serious business and stymieing them is very important to a game's health and longevity.

Genuine curiosity as someone who was here long before the new coli system and wasn't much involved in the community back then- what were the issues that bots were causing?

I thought the CAPTCHA was implemented when the keyboard controls were added in order to prevent botting, but thinking on it now that's sort of silly to think considering bots can click a spot on a screen just fine. Hell, a simple macro does that.
You're not wrong about the keyboard controls! It is stupidly, ridiculously easy to make a macro that just spams all of the coli buttons and left click, so having stops frequently throughout prevents anyone from doing that and leaving it to run from morning 'til rollover. It's much harder to make a macro that clicks on specific parts of the screen for the average player, so if the captcha wasn't there it would make botting very very easily accessible to every player who knows how to download AutoHotKey or has a Razer mouse/keyboard. If there is anything worse than botters, it's allowing every single player to be a botter.
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
[quote name="Gathouria" date="2022-09-29 07:32:41" ] Genuine curiosity as someone who was here long before the new coli system and wasn't much involved in the community back then- what were the issues that bots were causing? I thought the CAPTCHA was implemented when the keyboard controls were added in order to prevent botting, but thinking on it now that's sort of silly to think considering bots can click a spot on a screen just fine. Hell, a simple macro does that. [/quote] rampant wealth gen by botters. without the captchas there were people that would turn a bot on, leave for school/work, and come back to literal millions of treasure waiting for them in their hoard. plus eggs, apparel, battlestones, etc.
Gathouria wrote on 2022-09-29 07:32:41:
Genuine curiosity as someone who was here long before the new coli system and wasn't much involved in the community back then- what were the issues that bots were causing?

I thought the CAPTCHA was implemented when the keyboard controls were added in order to prevent botting, but thinking on it now that's sort of silly to think considering bots can click a spot on a screen just fine. Hell, a simple macro does that.
rampant wealth gen by botters. without the captchas there were people that would turn a bot on, leave for school/work, and come back to literal millions of treasure waiting for them in their hoard. plus eggs, apparel, battlestones, etc.
I am also a veteran player and yeah, coli botting caused a lot of problems.
Imagine how much money you could make if you could coli for 8, 12, 24 hours a day. And yeah, AI now is definitely a lore more complex than AI in 2013. But I also don't think punishing players with disabilities is a solution.
I am also a veteran player and yeah, coli botting caused a lot of problems.
Imagine how much money you could make if you could coli for 8, 12, 24 hours a day. And yeah, AI now is definitely a lore more complex than AI in 2013. But I also don't think punishing players with disabilities is a solution.
jCVhFoZ.gif
I think there is a need for some sort of captcha bc bots, but I can't understand why it is what it is. It's so hard to use the coli since this was implemented. More often than not I just have to click random places on the screen and hope for the best. Also some of them are like a massive eyestrain even for me, someone who is not overly bothered by that kind of thing usually. I really think the captcha needs to be reworked into something effective but also usable.
I think there is a need for some sort of captcha bc bots, but I can't understand why it is what it is. It's so hard to use the coli since this was implemented. More often than not I just have to click random places on the screen and hope for the best. Also some of them are like a massive eyestrain even for me, someone who is not overly bothered by that kind of thing usually. I really think the captcha needs to be reworked into something effective but also usable.
[quote name="Saix7" date="2022-09-28 23:02:18" ] Yeah i think removing the "busy" / complicated / intricate backgrounds would help A LOT as well as removing any familiars that have dragonlike wings [/quote] This too. The Manticore (the original/sitting one) always throws me for a loop because at a glance, it makes me think it's a Tundra due to the pose.
Saix7 wrote on 2022-09-28 23:02:18:
Yeah i think removing the "busy" / complicated / intricate backgrounds would help A LOT as well as removing any familiars that have dragonlike wings

This too. The Manticore (the original/sitting one) always throws me for a loop because at a glance, it makes me think it's a Tundra due to the pose.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
oh thank god I'm not the only one with the winged familiars. Webwings, Manticores, even Featherbacks.. if I can't make out most of the image but I see a wing, that's going to be my guess. Happens all the time with how hard it is to make out every image in there.
oh thank god I'm not the only one with the winged familiars. Webwings, Manticores, even Featherbacks.. if I can't make out most of the image but I see a wing, that's going to be my guess. Happens all the time with how hard it is to make out every image in there.
eZCszQ2.png1GLQpTC.pngV4alZnn.png
The dragon is even upside down.. I can't see well without my glasses and genuinely couldn't find it for a long while. This is the worst one I've gotten so far. [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/808122400607567913/1026014932694741102/unknown.png[/img][/center]
The dragon is even upside down.. I can't see well without my glasses and genuinely couldn't find it for a long while. This is the worst one I've gotten so far.
unknown.png
41351187_5PNB1gGszITIuID.png 4lcODb6.pngtyEuRXe.pngJvUa9ma.png
Please call me Hazard, or Fish.
I am 21+ and from California, USA.
cNlQITm.pnga69iToJ.pngss5qKdV.png
i hate the camping feature so much because not only is the primary problem that it is alienating to the disabled fanbase of flightrising, it's not even FAIR most of the time

i could click directly on a dragon and it will count it as a miss. ive gotten kicked out of the coli and my runs ruined for this because the clicking hitbox for the dragons are just literally whatever it decides i guess

people have been asking for a camping revamping since its been implemented!

full support in something being done about it.
i hate the camping feature so much because not only is the primary problem that it is alienating to the disabled fanbase of flightrising, it's not even FAIR most of the time

i could click directly on a dragon and it will count it as a miss. ive gotten kicked out of the coli and my runs ruined for this because the clicking hitbox for the dragons are just literally whatever it decides i guess

people have been asking for a camping revamping since its been implemented!

full support in something being done about it.
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
[quote name="Hazardousfish" date="2022-10-01 23:34:41" ] The dragon is even upside down.. I can't see well without my glasses and genuinely couldn't find it for a long while. This is the worst one I've gotten so far. [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/808122400607567913/1026014932694741102/unknown.png[/img][/center] [/quote] I'm dying on the inside a little over this one, I think I found the dragon but honestly not 100% sure and it made my eye hurt straining to find it. this is a perfect example of my 'More anti-human than anti-bot' comment I made previously. This type of match up shouldn't even be POSSIBLE and the fact that it is, is rather disappointing. This feature was not thought through and it shows in the execution. If nothing is going to be done to actually fix these, and the captchas will not be disabled despite how poorly done they are, at the very least each background needs to be choosing from a specific pool of dragons SPECIFICALLY chosen to not blend in with the background and to be something that can be reasonably discernable from the background. IE: warm colored dragons on cool and vice versa ideally because blue-green on a green or blue background is nowhere good enough of a differentiation.
Hazardousfish wrote on 2022-10-01 23:34:41:
The dragon is even upside down.. I can't see well without my glasses and genuinely couldn't find it for a long while. This is the worst one I've gotten so far.
unknown.png

I'm dying on the inside a little over this one, I think I found the dragon but honestly not 100% sure and it made my eye hurt straining to find it. this is a perfect example of my 'More anti-human than anti-bot' comment I made previously.

This type of match up shouldn't even be POSSIBLE and the fact that it is, is rather disappointing. This feature was not thought through and it shows in the execution.

If nothing is going to be done to actually fix these, and the captchas will not be disabled despite how poorly done they are, at the very least each background needs to be choosing from a specific pool of dragons SPECIFICALLY chosen to not blend in with the background and to be something that can be reasonably discernable from the background. IE: warm colored dragons on cool and vice versa ideally because blue-green on a green or blue background is nowhere good enough of a differentiation.
Seeking:
Shadow/Heather/Wisteria
Bonus if already an Aberration
PM if interested in selling
[quote name="SomethingEndless" date="2022-10-02 19:36:46" ] [quote name="Hazardousfish" date="2022-10-01 23:34:41" ] The dragon is even upside down.. I can't see well without my glasses and genuinely couldn't find it for a long while. This is the worst one I've gotten so far. [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/808122400607567913/1026014932694741102/unknown.png[/img][/center] [/quote] I'm dying on the inside a little over this one, I think I found the dragon but honestly not 100% sure and it made my eye hurt straining to find it. this is a perfect example of my 'More anti-human than anti-bot' comment I made previously. This type of match up shouldn't even be POSSIBLE and the fact that it is, is rather disappointing. This feature was not thought through and it shows in the execution. If nothing is going to be done to actually fix these, and the captchas will not be disabled despite how poorly done they are, at the very least each background needs to be choosing from a specific pool of dragons SPECIFICALLY chosen to not blend in with the background and to be something that can be reasonably discernable from the background. IE: warm colored dragons on cool and vice versa ideally because blue-green on a green or blue background is nowhere good enough of a differentiation. [/quote] Not to mention colorblind users either.. these would be particularly difficult for them
SomethingEndless wrote on 2022-10-02 19:36:46:
Hazardousfish wrote on 2022-10-01 23:34:41:
unknown.png

I'm dying on the inside a little over this one, I think I found the dragon but honestly not 100% sure and it made my eye hurt straining to find it. this is a perfect example of my 'More anti-human than anti-bot' comment I made previously.

This type of match up shouldn't even be POSSIBLE and the fact that it is, is rather disappointing. This feature was not thought through and it shows in the execution.

If nothing is going to be done to actually fix these, and the captchas will not be disabled despite how poorly done they are, at the very least each background needs to be choosing from a specific pool of dragons SPECIFICALLY chosen to not blend in with the background and to be something that can be reasonably discernable from the background. IE: warm colored dragons on cool and vice versa ideally because blue-green on a green or blue background is nowhere good enough of a differentiation.

Not to mention colorblind users either.. these would be particularly difficult for them
1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73